Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,722 members, 7,955,710 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 01:30 PM

Edo People And Yoruba Saga Continues - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Edo People And Yoruba Saga Continues (1335 Views)

The Uneme People And The Curse Of Oba Egbeka Of Benin Empire / Lost In Translation: English And Yoruba / Igbo And Yoruba Rivalry (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Edo People And Yoruba Saga Continues by Monkeydeychop: 1:25pm On May 28, 2016
Re: Edo People And Yoruba Saga Continues by Kondomatik: 1:29pm On May 28, 2016
Okoidigun
in my language means a scratch from a gun made by idi people.
Re: Edo People And Yoruba Saga Continues by Dahkogrin007(m): 1:29pm On May 28, 2016
Let d war begin
Re: Edo People And Yoruba Saga Continues by olatunjithomas(m): 1:38pm On May 28, 2016
if yorubas are to do things in the English ways,your name should be categorised as a compound word.i;e
oko--dick
idi--buttock
gun---pound.
Re: Edo People And Yoruba Saga Continues by osesology(m): 2:41pm On May 28, 2016
Make I quickly buy land for here first...maybe I'll come back to build sumtin reasonable later
Re: Edo People And Yoruba Saga Continues by OlaoChi: 8:36pm On May 29, 2016
the problem is that Bini-yoruba connection is in kingship and maybe traditional religion, esan dont share oba of bini with bini, remember esan are no longer under the Oba as bini empire has long collapsed

okoidigun is hard to pick out o , maybe farm at the place of war/Ogun(god of iron) . mayb for your family dem be farmers and warriors
Re: Edo People And Yoruba Saga Continues by OMAR12: 2:20am On May 30, 2016
nobody descended from anybody, yorubas has been there,likewise the binis the only large similarities is the oba. the proper name of an igodomigodo king is ogiso.. go through their history on Wikipedia and find out how their name was changed from igodomigodo to ubinu or bini. read carefully.

3 Likes

Re: Edo People And Yoruba Saga Continues by dreamwords: 1:48pm On Jun 04, 2016
Yoruba is a different tribe just as bini. They share no language together, they dont look alike, the only thing in common is the oba title

2 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (Reply)

Oba Of Onitire Surulere Lag Dies / 7 Things You Need To Know If You Want To Marry An Ekiti Man / Which Nigerian Tribe Demands The Highest Bride Price?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.