Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,770 members, 7,817,128 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:40 AM

Which Nigerian Tribe Demands The Highest Bride Price? - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Which Nigerian Tribe Demands The Highest Bride Price? (1289 Views)

See The Nigerian Tribe Where Women Don’t Wear Clothes For The Fear Of Death [PIC / James Ayatse's Daughter, Doofan Ayatse Marries. 1000 Paid As Bride Price / Olori Wuraola Returns Bride Price To Ooni Of Ife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Which Nigerian Tribe Demands The Highest Bride Price? by Eggcelent(m): 6:19am On Aug 01, 2017
Growing Up, The Widespread Idea In My Part Of The Country Is That Igbo Marriages Are The Most Expensive To Consummate Due To The Perceived High Bride Price.

However, After Travelling To & Residing In Some Other Parts Of The Country, I Have Since Realised That Above Belief Is Not Entirely Factual.

So, Here We Are; Which Tribe Demands The Highest Bride Price?

Thanks
Re: Which Nigerian Tribe Demands The Highest Bride Price? by NwaAmaikpe: 6:22am On Aug 01, 2017
shocked

Igbos because marriage and love is not for paupers

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Nigerian Tribe Demands The Highest Bride Price? by whitebeard(m): 6:24am On Aug 01, 2017
The head warmer gang nah..!!
Re: Which Nigerian Tribe Demands The Highest Bride Price? by tossie101(f): 6:51am On Aug 01, 2017
Eggcelent:
Growing Up, The Widespread Idea In My Part Of The Country Is That Igbo Marriages Are The Most Expensive To Consummate Due To The Perceived High Bride Price.
However, After Travelling To & Residing In Some Other Parts Of The Country, I Have Since Realised That Above Belief Is Not Entirely Factual.
So, Here We Are; Which Tribe Demands The Highest Bride Price?
Thanks

Its just a fallacy abt eastern part my dear.
Even though i agree some people demand high.
Its also dependent on individual family.

1 Like

Re: Which Nigerian Tribe Demands The Highest Bride Price? by Nobody: 11:01am On Aug 01, 2017
The Igbos.
Re: Which Nigerian Tribe Demands The Highest Bride Price? by Nobody: 8:26pm On Aug 01, 2017
Marriage is not for broke men. tongue
Re: Which Nigerian Tribe Demands The Highest Bride Price? by sassy01(f): 10:49pm On Aug 02, 2017
some part of Igbo don't even charge that much while some tribe charge higher than that part of Igbo that charges high. it also depends on the family sometimes.
Re: Which Nigerian Tribe Demands The Highest Bride Price? by CarlosTheJackal: 11:15pm On Apr 29, 2018
sassy01:
some part of Igbo don't even charge that much while some tribe charge higher than that part of Igbo that charges high. it also depends on the family sometimes.
Does bride price really matter? getting a good girl that you will be happy with should be paramount. Can we talk offline?

(1) (Reply)

History Of The Ajikobi Stool / The Urhobo Boy / The Bible Is The Black Man's History Book

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.