Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,850 members, 7,817,517 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:37 PM

INEC decleared Toto Federal Constituency Bye-election Inconclusive - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / INEC decleared Toto Federal Constituency Bye-election Inconclusive (13476 Views)

Osun West Senatorial Bye-Election Results (Unofficial) / Katsina House Of Representatives Bye-Election Results: PDP Beating APC / Ja’afaru Mohammed-Ibrahim Declared Winner Of Nasarawa-Toto Federal Constituency (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: INEC decleared Toto Federal Constituency Bye-election Inconclusive by sonnie10: 6:20pm On May 29, 2016
ORACLE1975:
Always inconclusive grin grin grin grin
Under Buhari.
Re: INEC decleared Toto Federal Constituency Bye-election Inconclusive by Nobody: 6:27pm On May 29, 2016
End time toto
Re: INEC decleared Toto Federal Constituency Bye-election Inconclusive by voiceofdelta50(m): 6:45pm On May 29, 2016
gunuvi:
Why is it that Toto's issues are always inconclusive cheesy grin cheesy
GEJ is a rare breed and very honest with his words during his regime.
This government is an inconclusive government. Shame

Re: INEC decleared Toto Federal Constituency Bye-election Inconclusive by OLADD: 6:47pm On May 29, 2016
Dapyem:

Whose fault is dis departure from d usual snatching of ballot box and over voting? Is it INEC's fault? Just be sincere. If INEC shld announce a winner where there are cases of snatching of ballot boxea and over voting,am sure we still condemn INEC. Free and fair election does not include over voting and snatching of ballot boxes. Stop blaming INEC for what our politicians,security agencies and electorates are causing.

My friend, security at poll units is the sole responsibility of INEC as stipulated in the electoral statute. That's why Electoral Officers are empowered to announce postponement of elections where there's threat of violence or any act that runs foul of free and fair election. With Buhari's change agenda, Nigerians expect improved conduct of polls rather than gale of inconclusiveness.
Re: INEC decleared Toto Federal Constituency Bye-election Inconclusive by marlockj: 7:17pm On May 29, 2016
Anytin that has to do with toto is always a prblm.....

Toto always a case Since the invention of odorless toto
Re: INEC decleared Toto Federal Constituency Bye-election Inconclusive by zigi(f): 7:43pm On May 29, 2016
What a name!
Re: INEC decleared Toto Federal Constituency Bye-election Inconclusive by vigasimple(m): 7:43pm On May 29, 2016
Where on earth did APC ASSOCIATION OF PACKAGING CRIMINALS got 49,000+ votes from?

With APC performance in this country! It is definitely a fraud/ghost voting.

I think the whole election is a joke and charade.
Re: INEC decleared Toto Federal Constituency Bye-election Inconclusive by harbeebtech(m): 8:02pm On May 29, 2016
Can someone help my ask INEC chairman when are they going to conduct conclusive election. Inclusive national electoral commission.
Re: INEC decleared Toto Federal Constituency Bye-election Inconclusive by franchizy(m): 8:03pm On May 29, 2016
migjossy:
See the name.. I want to puke

Im at your service there. No insurance
No performance Bond
No Equity conyribution
I will go for free.
Re: INEC decleared Toto Federal Constituency Bye-election Inconclusive by Samtob90(m): 8:23pm On May 29, 2016
OLADD:

So APC Change does not include departure from the usual snatching of ballot papers and over voting? Whose responsibility is it to conduct free and fair election?

Try to read and understand the provision of the law. This is the sanity that returns to electoral system.
Re: INEC decleared Toto Federal Constituency Bye-election Inconclusive by Paperwhite(m): 8:47pm On May 29, 2016
migjossy:
See the name.. I want to puke
My dear you have it in you so don't puke pls-infact you were given birth via same.If you need a pleasurable experience as far as this important organ is concern do well to PM me.
Re: INEC decleared Toto Federal Constituency Bye-election Inconclusive by Dapyem(m): 9:11pm On May 29, 2016
OLADD:

My friend, security at poll units is the sole responsibility of INEC as stipulated in the electoral statute. That's why Electoral Officers are empowered to announce postponement of elections where there's threat of violence or any act that runs foul of free and fair election. With Buhari's change agenda, Nigerians expect improved conduct of polls rather than gale of inconclusiveness.
We are all Nigerians,u and i know that security at polling units is not sole responsibility of INEC. INEC can only assign security given to her by the heads of security agencies,this does not even include soldiers/army. Only police and civil defence corps are given to INEC. And they dont even take instructions from INEC. Its only the C-in -C that is shouldered with this responsibilty and not INEC. Election violence can be blamed on the politicians and security agents not INEC.
Re: INEC decleared Toto Federal Constituency Bye-election Inconclusive by nellyelitz(m): 10:14pm On May 29, 2016
Nobody can conclude toto na
Re: INEC decleared Toto Federal Constituency Bye-election Inconclusive by LBanks(m): 10:30pm On May 29, 2016
juventino:
TOTO! I'll love to live there lipsrsealed
Just pay 2 years upfront, I have a 1 bedroom flat there
Re: INEC decleared Toto Federal Constituency Bye-election Inconclusive by princeedrine(m): 11:02pm On May 29, 2016
Since the inception this present INEC chairman elections have always been inconclusive. Pls follow the footstep of JEGA
Re: INEC decleared Toto Federal Constituency Bye-election Inconclusive by Nobody: 11:24pm On May 29, 2016
Una say Toto do wetin?

Oh ok..it is the name of a Federal Constituency?

Abeg make una change the name Bikonu.

Everything is inconclusive. How do you then manage 2019?
Re: INEC decleared Toto Federal Constituency Bye-election Inconclusive by elvision1(m): 12:51am On May 30, 2016
You know i spent more time trying to crack this Thread title than i did Reading through it. grin That must be where buratanshi was invented. cheesy
Re: INEC decleared Toto Federal Constituency Bye-election Inconclusive by eziokwubundunuwa: 1:05am On May 30, 2016
I wonder why Nairaland no sensor "Toto". That name get as e be.
Re: INEC decleared Toto Federal Constituency Bye-election Inconclusive by kingkhan(m): 8:46am On May 30, 2016
[quote author=ogododo post=46080106]The Independent National Electoral Commission, INEC, on Sunday declared the just concluded Nasarawa/Toto Federal Constituency bye-election inconclusive due to cancellation of votes as a result of over voting.
The Constituency Returning Officer of the election, Wilfred Uji of Federal University, Lafia, Nasarawa State, made this known while the announcing the outcome of the poll in Nasarawa, Nasarawa Local Government Area of the state.
Mr. Uji cited Section 53 of the Electoral Act which gives the commission the power to cancel elections in polling units where there is over voting.
“For Nasarawa/Toto federal constituency, we have a total number of 202,338 registered voters for the election out of which 76,475 were accredited and the total vote cast was 75,826 and we have 74,848 valid votes and the rejected votes stand at 978.
“The cancelled votes taken from the vote cast stand at 39,150 and the four political parties that participated at the bye-election scored the following votes, APC scored 46,559; PDP scored 17,068; APGA 11,181 and Labour party (LP) got 40 votes.
“The marginal difference between the APC and PDP is 29,491, and the cancelled votes is 39,150, so the cancelled votes exceeded the marginal difference between APC and PDP as a result of over voting in some polling units of the constituency.
“Based on the relevant laws guiding the commission, we hereby order for a rerun in the affected polling units on Wednesday, June 1 in order to get a winner and such decision has been taken in the interest of peace,” he said.
Also speaking, the Supervising Resident Electoral Commissioner for the election, Habu Zarma, urged the stakeholders of the political parties to cooperate with the commission in order to have a peaceful rerun.
“The rerun will just serve as a second chance for the electorate to choose a leader of their choice and we hope that a winner will be declared during the rerun election,” he said.
While speaking with journalists, Mohammed Musa and Ayuba Wandai, the Sole Administrators of Nasarawa and Toto local government areas of the state, respectively, expressed optimism that APC will come victorious during the rerun election.
They called on the supporters of the APC to remain peaceful, law abiding and come out en masse to vote for the party during the rerun election.
Reacting on the rerun election, Adamu Abubakar, the APC Returning Agent for the election, said that as a law abiding party, APC has agreed with the decision of the INEC in good faith.
“We are already leading other political parties with a lot of gap and we are optimistic that our great party, APC, will win the rerun election,” he said.
The News Agency of Nigeria recalls that INEC fixed May 28 for the bye-election for the Nasarawa/Toto federal constituency following the death of Rep. Musa Baba-Onwana.
http://www.premiumtimesng.com/regional/north-central/204264-inec-declares-nasarawatoto-federal-constituency-bye-election-inconclusive.html?utm_source INEC= inconclusive national electoral commission

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Diezani’s Lawyer Blocked Us From Interrogating Her In UK –EFCC / Supporters Of Senator Magnus Abe Storm New Rivers State APC Secretariat / How Nigeria Would Have Looked Like If Ruled By The Dutch

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.