Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,259 members, 7,818,884 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:18 AM

"Vertical Sack Farming" My Pains, My Joy! My Experience So Far By: Organicfoods - Agriculture (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / "Vertical Sack Farming" My Pains, My Joy! My Experience So Far By: Organicfoods (42331 Views)

Organic Layer Solution By: Organicfoods / Sack Farming : Diary Of My Mix Crop Sack Farm / Sack Farming From Start (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "Vertical Sack Farming" My Pains, My Joy! My Experience So Far By: Organicfoods by Onegai(f): 4:27pm On Aug 23, 2016
Beeyouuuutiffuuulll! grin kiss

Organicfarms, where are you located in Lagos? Do you supply?
Re: "Vertical Sack Farming" My Pains, My Joy! My Experience So Far By: Organicfoods by skyenitan04(m): 4:34pm On Aug 23, 2016
May God nourish ur handwork with more success..Great job.bigger u i pray

1 Like

Re: "Vertical Sack Farming" My Pains, My Joy! My Experience So Far By: Organicfoods by Mercie123(f): 4:38pm On Aug 23, 2016
Onegai:
Beeyouuuutiffuuulll! grin kiss

Organicfarms, where are you located in Lagos? Do you supply?
Do you need cucumber suply in Lagos?
Re: "Vertical Sack Farming" My Pains, My Joy! My Experience So Far By: Organicfoods by ugo99: 4:40pm On Aug 23, 2016
can i do this on a full plot in the east
i am thinking the quality of the ground soil is not an issue since its sack farming
Re: "Vertical Sack Farming" My Pains, My Joy! My Experience So Far By: Organicfoods by Appleyard(m): 4:46pm On Aug 23, 2016
@op. I am loving this big time. Thanks a lot for taking the time to share this info. I don't see why a lot of Nigerian youths should still remain jobless, with such awesome opportunity around.

please, Apart from Cucumber, what other fruits and crops can one grow on sacks, and how much will it cost for a startup, using one plot of land (100×50?)

And what is the purpose of the triangle net wood that you posted on the first set of pictures?

please, I will be waiting for your answers.
Thanks.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "Vertical Sack Farming" My Pains, My Joy! My Experience So Far By: Organicfoods by Pavore9: 4:56pm On Aug 23, 2016
ugo99:
can i do this on a full plot in the east
i am thinking the quality of the ground soil is not an issue since its sack farming

Sack farming is not linked to quality of the ground soil as the filled sacks can be placed on any surface, seen many who have their sack farms on the deckings of uncompleted buildings.

1 Like

Re: "Vertical Sack Farming" My Pains, My Joy! My Experience So Far By: Organicfoods by Seahawk: 5:05pm On Aug 23, 2016
Great
Re: "Vertical Sack Farming" My Pains, My Joy! My Experience So Far By: Organicfoods by opobo007: 5:11pm On Aug 23, 2016
Very interesting read and eye opener. Just realised i could do a lot with my 3 plot of land in Badagry. I will need a training or apprenticeship pls,
hope you will be willing to take me on. Thanks
Re: "Vertical Sack Farming" My Pains, My Joy! My Experience So Far By: Organicfoods by ugo99: 5:15pm On Aug 23, 2016
Apart from cocumber what other plant can i plant and what are the setup costs.
as i have some deserted plots of land the person looking after it for me can be looking after this to keep busy what needs to be done to setup someone to be looking after it

Pavore9:

Sack farming is not linked to quality of the ground soil as the filled sacks can be placed on any surface, seen many who have their sack farms on the deckings of uncompleted buildings.
Re: "Vertical Sack Farming" My Pains, My Joy! My Experience So Far By: Organicfoods by idpompe: 5:25pm On Aug 23, 2016
Lovely work!Using those leaves to ward off pest is d highlight 4 me.Major concern is d MKT.Organic grown crops cost more in d MKT.How do u cope and convince pple,who are supposed to pay more.Developed countries keep dem side by side with in- organic grown crops in grocery stores; labeled.U make ur choice.DAT wat ur effort is appreciated and protected.kudos.

2 Likes

Re: "Vertical Sack Farming" My Pains, My Joy! My Experience So Far By: Organicfoods by CallMeNJay: 5:37pm On Aug 23, 2016
Lovely Thread @OrganicFoods and everyone in here.

Would really love to try this, Not for commercial purpose first. Just to grow my own lovely Cucumber in my little space at home.

How many months will it take before my first harvest?

http://healthmote.com
Re: "Vertical Sack Farming" My Pains, My Joy! My Experience So Far By: Organicfoods by Pavore9: 5:44pm On Aug 23, 2016
ugo99:
Apart from cocumber what other plant can i plant and what are the setup costs.
as i have some deserted plots of land the person looking after it for me can be looking after this to keep busy what needs to be done to setup someone to be looking after it

One can grow lettuce, cabbage, tomato, capsicum, aubergine (eggplant), butternut squash, parsley, coriander, courgette, green peas etc (these l listed are high market value crops).

I suggest you start with trial of a few bags growing cucumbers, you will learn so much from it. Get in touch with organicfoods (the author of this thread), he is on ground to assist with set up costs and the technicalities involved.

2 Likes

Re: "Vertical Sack Farming" My Pains, My Joy! My Experience So Far By: Organicfoods by Pavore9: 5:46pm On Aug 23, 2016
CallMeNJay:

Would really love to try this, Not for commercial purpose first. Just to grow my own lovely Cucumber in my little space at home.

It takes 6-7weeks for first harvest.

1 Like

Re: "Vertical Sack Farming" My Pains, My Joy! My Experience So Far By: Organicfoods by CallMeNJay: 5:52pm On Aug 23, 2016
Pavore9:

It takes 6-7weeks for first harvest.
Nice how can i get little amount of the seeds to plant.
I want to experiment with about 5 sack bags in my little space at home.

http://healthmote.com/
Re: "Vertical Sack Farming" My Pains, My Joy! My Experience So Far By: Organicfoods by Pavore9: 6:00pm On Aug 23, 2016
CallMeNJay:

Nice how can i get little amount of the seeds to plant.

I want to experiment with about 5 sack bags in my little space at home.

http://healthmote.com/

Get in touch with the OP, he will be of a help.
Re: "Vertical Sack Farming" My Pains, My Joy! My Experience So Far By: Organicfoods by milky3(f): 8:46pm On Aug 23, 2016
kudos,OP I'm motivated... more buyers
Re: "Vertical Sack Farming" My Pains, My Joy! My Experience So Far By: Organicfoods by gomzy121: 12:26am On Aug 24, 2016
op please how many times will a set of vine be harvested before rooting out, that is plucking from a vine first time second time and possibly the third time, how many before a vine dies or is removed ??
big ups to ur ministry ...

1 Like

Re: "Vertical Sack Farming" My Pains, My Joy! My Experience So Far By: Organicfoods by Afoskalex(m): 1:34am On Aug 24, 2016
Op,thanks for the information.
Re: "Vertical Sack Farming" My Pains, My Joy! My Experience So Far By: Organicfoods by organicfoods(m): 6:38am On Aug 24, 2016
CallMeNJay:

First harvest is between 45 days - 60 depending on the variety planted
Re: "Vertical Sack Farming" My Pains, My Joy! My Experience So Far By: Organicfoods by Aurelius1(m): 9:18am On Aug 24, 2016
organicfoods:
First harvest is between 45 days - 60 depending on the variety planted
Where can I get cucumber and water Mellon seeds to buy
Re: "Vertical Sack Farming" My Pains, My Joy! My Experience So Far By: Organicfoods by wroskian(m): 10:24am On Aug 24, 2016
organicfoods:
I don't do chemicals oooo. Can't advice you on that.
Nice work you are doing Bro, more power to your elbow.

I used to think you studied an agriculture related course in school until I discovered from your blog that you actually studied Pure and Applied Chemistry, that gives credence to the saying that success has nothing to do with qualifications. Did you attend LAUTECH?
Re: "Vertical Sack Farming" My Pains, My Joy! My Experience So Far By: Organicfoods by organicfoods(m): 1:58pm On Aug 24, 2016
wroskian:

Nice work you are doing Bro, more power to your elbow.

I used to think you studied an agriculture related course in school until I discovered from your blog that you actually studied Pure and Applied Chemistry, that gives credence to the saying that success has nothing to do with qualifications. Did you attend LAUTECH?
Yes I did.

1 Like

Re: "Vertical Sack Farming" My Pains, My Joy! My Experience So Far By: Organicfoods by topnedu(m): 2:45pm On Aug 24, 2016
[quote author=organicfoods post=48750638] First harvest is between 45 days - 60 depending on the variety planted
Thank you very for your email. My planning stage has kick started. Is there an alternative to chicken poo manure? Can't wait two months for chicken poo to get ready for use.
Re: "Vertical Sack Farming" My Pains, My Joy! My Experience So Far By: Organicfoods by omejeo: 2:57pm On Aug 24, 2016
organicfoods:
Yes I did.
undecided
Re: "Vertical Sack Farming" My Pains, My Joy! My Experience So Far By: Organicfoods by organicfoods(m): 10:04pm On Aug 24, 2016
Aurelius1:
What is the quantity and type you need?
Re: "Vertical Sack Farming" My Pains, My Joy! My Experience So Far By: Organicfoods by Proudlyngwa(m): 7:45am On Aug 25, 2016
organicfoods:
What is the quantity and type you need?
Good day pls I sent you a mail, don't know if u got it
Re: "Vertical Sack Farming" My Pains, My Joy! My Experience So Far By: Organicfoods by MaeBlocks(f): 10:00am On Aug 25, 2016
This post really got me inspired.
I cant afford a land yet and I live in a rented apartment but now am comforted that I can make my Sack Farm at the front of my house. Looking forward to seeing your next post.
Re: "Vertical Sack Farming" My Pains, My Joy! My Experience So Far By: Organicfoods by organicfoods(m): 10:55am On Aug 26, 2016
gomzy121:
op please how many times will a set of vine be harvested before rooting out, that is plucking from a vine first time second time and possibly the third time, how many before a vine dies or is removed ??
big ups to ur ministry ...
With best practice, you should get at least 5 fruits per vine.
Re: "Vertical Sack Farming" My Pains, My Joy! My Experience So Far By: Organicfoods by organicfoods(m): 10:58am On Aug 26, 2016
Aurelius1:
How much quantity do you want?
Re: "Vertical Sack Farming" My Pains, My Joy! My Experience So Far By: Organicfoods by 2osta(m): 1:23pm On Aug 29, 2016
Mercie123:

Wooooowwww!!! Your fruits look amazing. I guess Soil Sterilization is another topic you must teach us o. I'm completing my first ever Lacto Bacillus production today - kudos to your mentor-ship. God bless you bro!

Hello guys, I am new to d house. Kudos to Op for this outstanding thread. My questions are: 1. how does one do soil sterilization(heating) in sack farming without destroying d sack. 1. Can one also do soil sterilization on d ground, if possible how? Thanks once again.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Enugu Man Celebrates Biggest Yam Harvest (Photo) / My Maize, Pepper And Tomatoes Farm / Nwachi Oster-Francis Develops Hybrid Of Tilapia At The Universiti Putra

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.