Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,725 members, 7,955,743 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 02:11 PM

Is It Necessary To Complain To My Boss Or I Just Quit. - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Is It Necessary To Complain To My Boss Or I Just Quit. (12950 Views)

My Boss' Relationship With A Co-Worker Is Affecting Our Productivity / I Caught My Boss Pants Down With The Organization's Secretary / I Got This For Asking My Boss My February Salary (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Necessary To Complain To My Boss Or I Just Quit. by Harfisco(m): 10:11pm On May 30, 2016
U should have discuss d pay before u start d work
Re: Is It Necessary To Complain To My Boss Or I Just Quit. by seanwilliam(m): 10:13pm On May 30, 2016
nurez305:
Tell us the pay, becos some ssce graduate still reject a job of 20k which a master graduate is wearing suit for and smilling with the 20k every month.
So lets know the pay first
if i slap u ehn, u go dey roll on the floor..wit masters degree smilling wit 20k?...say na d money e take do im pg we 1 calculate or dat of undergraduate..nigeria isnt bad 2dat extent.baba swerve joor

1 Like

Re: Is It Necessary To Complain To My Boss Or I Just Quit. by stanliwise(m): 10:14pm On May 30, 2016
i do not think you are formarly employed in such company and you did not agree on any amount before u started working.
But b4 i advise hw much are you been paid sef.....?
Re: Is It Necessary To Complain To My Boss Or I Just Quit. by MRBrownJ: 10:20pm On May 30, 2016
orimsamsam:
U suppose don agree on top salary before u start to dey work.

Are u telling me u didn't agree on any amount before u started teaching

zikter:
how on earth can someone under any circumstances not negotiate for salary before taking up a job? bro u hv seriously undervalue urself by that singular act, therefore the employer may choose to give you anything or nothing. leave the job if u are not OK and don't commit this kind of blonder ever in ur life.

exactly my thought.... how desperate must one be to do such an irresponsible act?!
Re: Is It Necessary To Complain To My Boss Or I Just Quit. by jubebaister(m): 10:21pm On May 30, 2016
opson2016:
You've not stated the pay. How're we going to advice you?

Nigerians are secretive about two things:
Salary

Lol
Re: Is It Necessary To Complain To My Boss Or I Just Quit. by nurez305(m): 10:25pm On May 30, 2016
seanwilliam:
if i slap u ehn, u go dey roll on the floor..wit masters degree smilling wit 20k?...say na d money e take do im pg we 1 calculate or dat of undergraduate..nigeria isnt bad 2dat extent.baba swerve joor
you are still a leaner, just thank your God if you are not in this situation. Did you know that majority that are teaching now are graduate with a very good grade plus master and they are doing it since there is no other offer coming their way.
Where are you yesterday when someone mentioned like 5 different certificates the he acquired including MSc and he is collecting 13k for good 8years.... have you not seen a very qualified person that is working for free to add to his cv....please if you are OK and not experience any hardship in this present company...I repeat just Thank God.

Then next time you want to quote person, no the kind of word to use and behave like a mature person instead of saying that you want to slap your brother at home OK
Re: Is It Necessary To Complain To My Boss Or I Just Quit. by obstead200(m): 10:40pm On May 30, 2016
UEDIBO:
HELP ME I BEG.
I AM A CASUAL STAFF OF FEDERAL POLYTECHNIC IDAH
KOGI STATE.
I READ ELECTRONICS/TELECOMMUNICATION (HND)
PGD IN EDUCATION
PGD IN INFO TECH
M.Sc INFO TECH
WITH 8 YEARS IT EXPERIENCE.
uedibo@yahoo.com
Why Una dey take ur own hand distort ur career? Why did u not obtain a PG in elect/elect or same hnd course so that u can proceed for an Msc in elect/elect? That way, u stand a chance of being given a lecturing position. Infotech is highly bastardised these days. To make matters worse, u don't have a first degree in the course

1 Like

Re: Is It Necessary To Complain To My Boss Or I Just Quit. by seanwilliam(m): 10:40pm On May 30, 2016
nurez305:
you are still a leaner, just thank your God if you are not in this situation. Did you know that majority that are teaching now are graduate with a very good grade plus master and they are doing it since there is no other offer coming their way.
Where are you yesterday when someone mentioned like 5 different certificates the he acquired including MSc and he is collecting 13k for good 8years.... have you not seen a very qualified person that is working for free to add to his cv....please if you are OK and not experience any hardship in this present company...I repeat just Thank God.

Then next time you want to quote person, no the kind of word to use and behave like a mature person instead of saying that you want to slap your brother at home OK
u must be a....dnt lemme say it, lemme swallow it. if nt i wud ave yab u for referring to my bros at home.nextime be very civil and constructive wen correcting-dis s a faceless forum..n 2 wat u said I STIL DEY WONDA OH
Re: Is It Necessary To Complain To My Boss Or I Just Quit. by bikefab(m): 11:16pm On May 30, 2016
How can u take up an appointment witout negotiating terms of payment? U dull o. Work without pay is a play.
Re: Is It Necessary To Complain To My Boss Or I Just Quit. by olakunlebj(m): 12:46am On May 31, 2016
[]How can u take up an appointment witout negotiating terms of payment? U dull o. Work without pay is a play.

e dull gan(no matter what you negotiate ur pay ist)
Re: Is It Necessary To Complain To My Boss Or I Just Quit. by calcal: 2:02am On May 31, 2016
OP YOU BE MUMU! YOU STARTED WORK WITHOUT SALARY NEGOTIATION?
Re: Is It Necessary To Complain To My Boss Or I Just Quit. by roymary: 3:56am On May 31, 2016
orimsamsam:
U suppose don agree on top salary before u start to dey work.

Are u telling me u didn't agree on any amount before u started teaching

Fuel was not N145 when he started!

Tomatoes was not more expensive than Apple when he started that work.

His salary is N15k . He is my brother from another mother grin grin grin
Re: Is It Necessary To Complain To My Boss Or I Just Quit. by darlenese(f): 5:00am On May 31, 2016
Don't u know what is happening in this country
U expect a pay rise in a country going through recession?
Re: Is It Necessary To Complain To My Boss Or I Just Quit. by Originalsly: 5:41am On May 31, 2016
Stop complaining and consider yourself lucky you got whatever you got. If it were me...in a generous mood... N1000 and maybe 4 tomatoes would be all you receive. You...a HND holder...starting a job without negotiating ... in fact not having a clue of the salary. You have to take what you get.... and jeez...what kind of you be that is afraid to face his boss about his own salary? With this your mindset....you would always be a slave. If you can't stand up for yourself who would?
Re: Is It Necessary To Complain To My Boss Or I Just Quit. by kobonaire(m): 5:56am On May 31, 2016
nurez305:
Tell us the pay, becos some ssce graduate still reject a job of 20k which a master graduate is wearing suit for and smilling with the 20k every month.
So lets know the pay first
grin grin grin
Re: Is It Necessary To Complain To My Boss Or I Just Quit. by lastpage: 6:12am On May 31, 2016
Just look for a better offer elsewhere.

Complaining will create problems between two of you and he might discharge you when you are least ready to leave.

Most Nigerian bosses have a very bad opinion of their workforce and think they should work for free, if possible.
How do you explain someone paying another person who spends 8-9hrs of their daily life working for you, #15,000 at the end of the month?
What can someone do with that kind of money, in today's inflation figures?

How many round Tomatoes will that even buy! grin grin

He knows the salary is bad but just dont give a hoot.

"Put the Yam in the fire... while looking for the knife to cut it" - Yoruba proverb.
undecided

Lastpage!
Re: Is It Necessary To Complain To My Boss Or I Just Quit. by Reference(m): 6:13am On May 31, 2016
So you went to school, educated yourself just to buy an 'android phone'. Ha. Oga. You have the best job in the world simply because you have an opportunity to demonstrate your skill, tenacity, ethic and courage all of which are determinants of your true value. A salary, wage or contract is a reward for one or more of these inputs and is retrospective, it feeds on performance demonstrated. If you work hard on your output your salary will rise naturally with time and when it exceeds the capacity of the establishment you will be repositioned without application. Sometimes we want to reposition ourselves but end up restarting the process of evaluation and natural growth over again. You are in a show glass, people are watching. Be wise.

1 Like

Re: Is It Necessary To Complain To My Boss Or I Just Quit. by badostic: 6:47am On May 31, 2016
Tell us the amount, town, the number of student you took, how much does each student pay, how many time do you teach per week? It will make us to know how to pay you guys.
Re: Is It Necessary To Complain To My Boss Or I Just Quit. by 9japrof(m): 6:51am On May 31, 2016
UEDIBO:
HELP ME I BEG.
I AM A CASUAL STAFF OF FEDERAL POLYTECHNIC IDAH
KOGI STATE.
I READ ELECTRONICS/TELECOMMUNICATION (HND)
PGD IN EDUCATION
PGD IN INFO TECH
M.Sc INFO TECH
WITH 8 YEARS IT EXPERIENCE.
uedibo@yahoo.com

bros ehyah, sorry about the injustice that is been perpetrated by these institutions all in the name of employment. how many years have you worked as a casual staff there? i know of some people who has worked more than 2 years as casual staffs in ma school and they are still been paid peenuts.

struggle harder brother, it shall be well
Re: Is It Necessary To Complain To My Boss Or I Just Quit. by tojahh(m): 7:12am On May 31, 2016
If you can't state your salary amount here I wonder how you could face your boss to state it. This is the reason your bargaining power was trampled on.

Anyway, yes there are persons with M.Sc earning 20k don't doubt it. My first job after service was teaching, I was paid 13,400 and 500 naira 'teachers welfare' will be deducted. And there are teachers there who have spent 9-11years (still counting) and 2 of them has M.Sc! Guess their pay?

Yes one is paid 19,100 while the other one is on 17, 600. I know this because I designed the payroll.

So bro, many factors determines what you get paid which you haven't stated.
Re: Is It Necessary To Complain To My Boss Or I Just Quit. by mrspeaker: 7:44am On May 31, 2016
PLS AM I AN HND HOLDER IN ELECT/ELECT (POWER OPTION) WITH ALSO OND IN PETROLEUM ENGINEERING (PTI) IF YOU HAVE ANY VACANCY or info PLS INBOX ME ON fine202g@yahoo.co.uk. God bless you all.

A problem shared is half solved.
Re: Is It Necessary To Complain To My Boss Or I Just Quit. by Crispels(m): 7:45am On May 31, 2016
zikter:
how on earth can someone under any circumstances not negotiate for salary before taking up a job? bro u hv seriously undervalue urself by that singular act, therefore the employer may choose to give you anything or nothing. leave the job if u are not OK and don't commit this kind of blonder ever in ur life.

Am a student from the best University in the South East. I study History and International Studies. Am in my third year. Presently, am faced with a puzzle. Firstly, am a student politician/unionist/leader. I currently serve as the General Secretary of my Faculty. A position I took as the youngest in the History of my institution. Based on my track records, leadership qualities and innovative ideas, the Students' populace are urging me to test the waters of Students' Union leadership. However, am contemplating pulling out of Campus politics so as to explore other opportunities as an undergraduate. These opportunities includes - Taostmaters international programmes and certificates, debates, conferences, lectures etc. For instance, I will be a delegate at an upcoming United Nations programme. Am a decent 2'1 student, and I thirst to study harder to increase my CGPA that has dwindled as a result of my participation in campus politics. Campus politics consumes lots of money, time and energy. And even when you emerge, it brings about more stress and problems to face.

In terms of money, am okay, I lack no basic needs as am not even into campus politics for money but for the life lessons one learns from it. In terms of connection, am closer to my VC than even some SUG representatives as he loves the ideas I bring on board.

In summary, I want to focus more on my studies and seal my 2'1. I also want to explore other aspects of international opportunities like Toastmasters international, UN models, conferences, debates , improved scholarship et al.

More so, I already received a certificate of honour from the University authorities for my leadership qualities and contributions.

However, I believe am a born leader, filled with ideas and I evidently can serve the Student populace the best way possible. I see myself as a missing link. What is neeeded.

I can't combine the two, one has to step down for the other.

I plan to proceed to the United States for my postgraduate after my degree in Nigeria.

Your advice?

This happens to be the biggest decision of my life.
Re: Is It Necessary To Complain To My Boss Or I Just Quit. by Crispels(m): 7:45am On May 31, 2016
Goodnewsbearer:
OP

First thing first: ask yourself if the revenue of the establishment in particular and your output in general within the time under review are of at least in equal and proportional range.

Many atime, I see some employees hiding under the illusion of been graduates to demand or expect wages beyond both their value outputs and their establishment turnovers. In all, I wish you all the best.

Am a student from the best University in the South East. I study History and International Studies. Am in my third year. Presently, am faced with a puzzle. Firstly, am a student politician/unionist/leader. I currently serve as the General Secretary of my Faculty. A position I took as the youngest in the History of my institution. Based on my track records, leadership qualities and innovative ideas, the Students' populace are urging me to test the waters of Students' Union leadership. However, am contemplating pulling out of Campus politics so as to explore other opportunities as an undergraduate. These opportunities includes - Taostmaters international programmes and certificates, debates, conferences, lectures etc. For instance, I will be a delegate at an upcoming United Nations programme. Am a decent 2'1 student, and I thirst to study harder to increase my CGPA that has dwindled as a result of my participation in campus politics. Campus politics consumes lots of money, time and energy. And even when you emerge, it brings about more stress and problems to face.

In terms of money, am okay, I lack no basic needs as am not even into campus politics for money but for the life lessons one learns from it. In terms of connection, am closer to my VC than even some SUG representatives as he loves the ideas I bring on board.

In summary, I want to focus more on my studies and seal my 2'1. I also want to explore other aspects of international opportunities like Toastmasters international, UN models, conferences, debates , improved scholarship et al.

More so, I already received a certificate of honour from the University authorities for my leadership qualities and contributions.

However, I believe am a born leader, filled with ideas and I evidently can serve the Student populace the best way possible. I see myself as a missing link. What is neeeded.

I can't combine the two, one has to step down for the other.

I plan to proceed to the United States for my postgraduate after my degree in Nigeria.

Your advice?

This happens to be the biggest decision of my life.
Re: Is It Necessary To Complain To My Boss Or I Just Quit. by blackbeau1(f): 9:06am On May 31, 2016
Complain first. But before u leave the job, make sure u have another job waiting for you . Else life would be very difficult for you. Take it from an unemployed graduate, there's nothing romantic about unemployment
Re: Is It Necessary To Complain To My Boss Or I Just Quit. by unipol(m): 12:46pm On May 31, 2016
why are u here in the first place. why cant you keep everything secret ur saraly ur cup of tea, what to do ur cup of tea also.

Honestly, saying the exact amount will bring an honest opinion on what to do. but solve it by urself now.
Re: Is It Necessary To Complain To My Boss Or I Just Quit. by soloheater(m): 12:49pm On May 31, 2016
You being a graduate doesn't determine your salary, I think. Its your output or skill. Meanwhile as other posters have stated, you committed a blunder not discussing your pay before doing a job.
Re: Is It Necessary To Complain To My Boss Or I Just Quit. by merit1988(f): 6:58pm On May 31, 2016
U must be a desperate mumu to have accepted to start work without agreeing on what ur take home pay should be. Remains me of Mr IBU tongue
Re: Is It Necessary To Complain To My Boss Or I Just Quit. by Nobody: 4:24pm On Jun 02, 2016
my ppl I appreciate so much for ur contribution and advice
Re: Is It Necessary To Complain To My Boss Or I Just Quit. by Nobody: 4:25pm On Jun 02, 2016
my ppl I appreciate so much for ur contribution and advice, I have learnt from my mistake

(1) (2) (Reply)

Surveying And Geoinformatics Engineering / Senate Confirms The Nomination Of Haliru Nababa As CG, Correctional Service / How Much Was Your First Salary?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.