Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,102 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:03 PM

My Father Wants To Kill My Dream. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Father Wants To Kill My Dream. (1189 Views)

Man Buys A New Car For His Mother, Says 'It Has Been My Dream' / I'm Ready To Get Married But My Father Wants Me To Build First / 45 Things Your Father Wants You To Know He Probably Never Said (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Father Wants To Kill My Dream. by mavaakiti(f): 6:03pm On May 30, 2016
Nailanders, pls help me out with your advices..
I'm a graduate of English Language from one of the Nigerian states universities. I'm awaiting my service. After graduation, I travelled to Lagos state to enroll in a fashion school. I got admitted into a fashion and design academy there in Lagos and I learnt patternmaking. I've always had the dream come to become a fashion designer because of my creativity and my love for it. Through the learning process, I came across a nice good-looking and well behaved guy who wanted me for marriage. I got to know him and he wanted to meet my dad. But the only problem I had was his religion, I thought about it but didn't mind. I went ahead to inform my father about the marriage proposal and that was the beginning of my problem.
Lest I forget I'm from adamawa state, which makes me a northerner. From the day I told my father about this guy till this day, my father has lost all trust in me. His reason being that why would I ever even think of getting married to a Muslim And if that should ever happen, he'll disown me and remove my name from his will. I promise never to marry the guy. Now he said I should leave Lagos and my training to come back home. He's scared I might still end up with this guy if eventually I stay in lagos, but heaven knows I won't marry the guy, I don't know what the future holds but I know I won't disappoint my father.
Now I'm back home, I can't continue my training, a dream I have always wanted in my life. I dont know what to do, I feel like they're robbing me off my dream. I really want to go back but he won't let me. Pls I need your advice on how to convince him to let me go back.
Re: My Father Wants To Kill My Dream. by Akkord4gov: 6:11pm On May 30, 2016
And u keep wondering why rate of suicide is alarming...

And u keep seeing reason why Nigeria should even break...

Tribalism and differences in religion killing us since 1914

I would have advised u poison the fucking Father but noooo grin grin. Just accept him,enrol in ur state and carry on with ur life plus prayers. Everybody has enemy of progress,ur father is urs
Re: My Father Wants To Kill My Dream. by Seeeeeeee: 6:12pm On May 30, 2016
Has the guy enjoyed you yet? @ mavaakiti
Re: My Father Wants To Kill My Dream. by Seeeeeeee: 6:18pm On May 30, 2016
Akkord4gov:
And u keep wondering why rate of suicide is alarming...

And u keep seeing reason why Nigeria should even break...

Tribalism and differences in religion killing us since 1914

I would have advised u poison the fucking Father but noooo grin grin. Just accept him,enrol in ur state and carry on with ur life plus prayers. Everybody has enemy of progress,ur father is urs
Dear Mavaakiti, please ignore this advice the writer is typing from the lunatic asylum. Thank you!

5 Likes

Re: My Father Wants To Kill My Dream. by DynamoDeGreat: 6:18pm On May 30, 2016
Our enemies our within our house hold.
Re: My Father Wants To Kill My Dream. by Nobody: 6:23pm On May 30, 2016
what religion are you? cos the bible says do not be unequally yoked with an unbeliever talk less of marriage. your father was even kind to you, wat were u thinking? u knew ur people won't agree of such man,yet u risked ur training and all cos of what u call love. since u have the foundation, I will advice u to go on YouTube and learn on the videos. sorry but we grow wiser everyday? mind you, I am from the north, I will disown my daughter if she marries an unbeliever.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Father Wants To Kill My Dream. by thesicilian: 6:36pm On May 30, 2016
They say what a child cannot see while standing up, an elder will see it even while sitting. So trust your father, interreligious marriage almost always never ends well. I know you have already heeded your dad's advise not to marry from outside your religion, all you have to do now is make him trust you, convince him to let you go back to Lagos to pursue your dreams. The fact that you came home on his orders first of all will work in your favour. All the best.

1 Like

Re: My Father Wants To Kill My Dream. by 1metre: 9:29pm On May 30, 2016
mavaakiti:
I'm a graduate of English Language from one of the Nigerian states universities. I'm awaiting my service. After graduation, I travelled to Lagos state to enroll in a fashion school. I got admitted into a fashion and design academy there in Lagos and I learnt patternmaking. I've always had the dream come to become a fashion designer because of my creativity and my love for it. Through the learning process, I came across a nice good-looking and well behaved guy who wanted me for marriage. I got to know him and he wanted to meet my dad. But the only problem I had was his religion, I thought about it but didn't mind. I went ahead to inform my father about the marriage proposal and that was the beginning of my problem.
Lest I forget I'm from adamawa state, which makes me a northerner. From the day I told my father about this guy till this day, my father has lost all trust in me. His reason being that why would I ever even think of getting married to a Muslim And if that should ever happen, he'll disown me and remove my name from his will. I promise never to marry the guy. Now he said I should leave Lagos and my training to come back home. He's scared I might still end up with this guy if eventually I stay in lagos, but heaven knows I won't marry the guy, I don't know what the future holds but I know I won't disappoint my father.
Now I'm back home, I can't continue my training, a dream I have always wanted in my life. I dont know what to do, I feel like they're robbing me off my dream. I really want to go back but he won't let me. Pls I need your advice on how to convince him to let me go back.
if u know u were not going to marry him, why introducing him to ur dad, u want to cause problems

1 Like

Re: My Father Wants To Kill My Dream. by chriskosherbal(m): 4:16am On May 31, 2016
Hmmmmm
Re: My Father Wants To Kill My Dream. by Pidggin(f): 5:13am On May 31, 2016
Your father is right, you are not equally yoked. Register for fashion lectures in your new location

1 Like

Re: My Father Wants To Kill My Dream. by okuneddie(m): 11:24pm On Jun 21, 2016
mavaakiti:

why am I just seeing this.....I saw another post of urs where u uploaded a pix and said my husband and I....I served in north east, Taraba state and I see how u guy put religion in everything. I won't blame u though but the Muslims fanatics.....if I'm from there and my daughter is trying to do that, I will do worse than that....back to the pics I talked about....is that the guy?
Re: My Father Wants To Kill My Dream. by okuneddie(m): 11:28pm On Jun 21, 2016
Yaksson:
what religion are you? cos the bible says do not be unequally yoked with an unbeliever talk less of marriage. your father was even kind to you, wat were u thinking? u knew ur people won't agree of such man,yet u risked ur training and all cos of what u call love. since u have the foundation, I will advice u to go on YouTube and learn on the videos. sorry but we grow wiser everyday? mind you, I am from the north, I will disown my daughter if she marries an unbeliever.

God bless u for this comment

1 Like

Re: My Father Wants To Kill My Dream. by mavaakiti(f): 11:38pm On Jun 21, 2016
okuneddie:

why am I just seeing this.....I saw another post of urs where u uploaded a pix and said my husband and I....I served in north east, Taraba state and I see how u guy put religion in everything. I won't blame u though but the Muslims fanatics.....if I'm from there and my daughter is trying to do that, I will do worse than that....back to the pics I talked about....is that the guy?
yes
Re: My Father Wants To Kill My Dream. by okuneddie(m): 11:47pm On Jun 21, 2016
mavaakiti:
yes

Eyah....we lost another one....but do u call that love? my dear its not...u gals keep marrying them but their ladies don't marry Christians up there....had it being its SW I won't be saying this but up there is a no no for me.....I pray u find ur way.......Amen!!!
Re: My Father Wants To Kill My Dream. by MicroBox: 2:18am On Jun 22, 2016
Northern Christians are just too stubborn..
OP Sit with your dad and promise him you will not go against his wish. fashion design is a lucrative and very big business with readily available customers if you are good at it. tell your dad that meeting that guy is just by the way but your primary objective is to acquire that knowledge and to also see how a fashion school is operated cause federal government would soon start rebuilding and rehabilitation of northeast and to re-integrate the people back to normal society ,they will need skills so having a fashion school in Adamawa state would be of great advantage to you cause many NGO will be interested in using your school as a vocational training centre and that is cool money you know.
Babe! send somebody preferably a male to talk to your dad..
Re: My Father Wants To Kill My Dream. by egopersonified(f): 9:23am On Jun 22, 2016
nairalanders and Bible quotations are like...... someone should lend me that meme
Re: My Father Wants To Kill My Dream. by telemapreye1(f): 3:04pm On Jun 22, 2016
Yaksson:
see your mouth undecided so Muslims are unbelievers
Re: My Father Wants To Kill My Dream. by Nobody: 4:51pm On Jun 22, 2016
telemapreye1:
see your mouth undecided so Muslims are unbelievers
Lol my mouth do wetin? of cos Muslims are NOT believers, a believer is one who strongly agrees and believes that;
1. Jesus is not just a prophet, but the first born SON of God Almighty.
2. Jesus DIED on the cross and ROSE from the dead and He is ALIVE.
3. Jesus is the ONLY way a sinner can get his spirit to God. How? By having FAITH and BELIEVE that Jesus is CHRIST, who will Forgive our Sins and Lift our spirit from way down to high up above spirits of Satan, his demons, and even Angels, so our spirit would be by the right hand of God as Jesus is.
So tell me, do u think Muslims are believers?

(1) (Reply)

Please Help My Dad Hates Me / This Woman Returned To Her Husband After All These? / Singles For Wedlock Is Now Live

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.