Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,848 members, 7,810,267 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:46 AM

#OlayinkaMustGo: UNIBADAN Students Attempt To Sack Their VC Through Twitter - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / #OlayinkaMustGo: UNIBADAN Students Attempt To Sack Their VC Through Twitter (16783 Views)

Viral Question Unibadan Lecturer Asked His Students During Examinations / UNIBADAN Student, Damilola Caught Stealing & With Charms (Video) / LAUTECH Students Post Obituary Of Their VC, Prof. Sulaiman Gbadegesin (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: #OlayinkaMustGo: UNIBADAN Students Attempt To Sack Their VC Through Twitter by Marv650(m): 10:03am On May 31, 2016
MadCow1:
I didnt know Ibadan had a University O!!! shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

Why is the Federal Government wasting our Monies on useless Universities like University of Ibadan, UNIBEN and Nnamdi Azikiwe University? angry angry angry angry angry
change has changed everything o, so you don't even have sense again and you can't think straight, we are not talking about primary or secondary school here o, don't worry you'll so understand the topic well. . . . . . Maybe you'll be the first guy to see the wall of university in that your clan. . . #yeyechild.

3 Likes

Re: #OlayinkaMustGo: UNIBADAN Students Attempt To Sack Their VC Through Twitter by MadCow1: 10:06am On May 31, 2016
Marv650:
change has changed everything o, so you don't even have sense again and you can't think straight, we are not talking about primary or secondary school here o, don't worry you'll so understand the topic well. . . . . . Maybe you'll be the first guy to see the wall of university in that your clan. . . #yeyechild.

Amen o!! Thanks for the Good wishes my brother.

Baba God, instead of anyone in Marv650's clan to attend any of the above listed useless Universities, may they go and learn a handwork like Vulcanizer or Shoemaker.
Re: #OlayinkaMustGo: UNIBADAN Students Attempt To Sack Their VC Through Twitter by emekakelvin(m): 10:12am On May 31, 2016
MadCow1:

Baba God, instead of anyone in Marv650's clan to attend any of the above listed useless Universities, may they go and learn a handwork like Vulcanizer or Shoemaker.

shocked shocked Madcow
Re: #OlayinkaMustGo: UNIBADAN Students Attempt To Sack Their VC Through Twitter by Marv650(m): 10:12am On May 31, 2016
MadCow1:

should that be a prayer or wish. . .am sorry to break your heart, i'm long gone i rep a school where no stewpeed one like you can not only attend but know. . . #mumuincapitalletter. .
Re: #OlayinkaMustGo: UNIBADAN Students Attempt To Sack Their VC Through Twitter by Marv650(m): 10:14am On May 31, 2016
How would a reasonable person bear MADCOW that says it all. . . Mad man no dey go school, talkless of animals like cow
Re: #OlayinkaMustGo: UNIBADAN Students Attempt To Sack Their VC Through Twitter by MadCow1: 10:14am On May 31, 2016
Marv650:
should that be a prayer or wish. . .am sorry to break your heart, i'm long gone i rep a school where no stewpeed one like you can not only attend but know. . . #mumuincapitalletter. .

I am happy for your achievement bro.

I just hope none of the schools in my list is your alma mata.
Re: #OlayinkaMustGo: UNIBADAN Students Attempt To Sack Their VC Through Twitter by MadCow1: 10:14am On May 31, 2016
emekakelvin:

shocked shocked Madcow

Sir!
Re: #OlayinkaMustGo: UNIBADAN Students Attempt To Sack Their VC Through Twitter by emekakelvin(m): 10:18am On May 31, 2016
MadCow1:

Sir!

Why do you hate the premier university in Nigeria and the premier federal university in south-south? cheesy grin
Re: #OlayinkaMustGo: UNIBADAN Students Attempt To Sack Their VC Through Twitter by Dcomrade(m): 10:19am On May 31, 2016
MadCow1:
I didnt know Ibadan had a University O!!! shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

Why is the Federal Government wasting our Monies on useless Universities like University of Ibadan, UNIBEN and Nnamdi Azikiwe University? angry angry angry angry angry
Be Careful grin
Re: #OlayinkaMustGo: UNIBADAN Students Attempt To Sack Their VC Through Twitter by MadCow1: 10:20am On May 31, 2016
Dcomrade:

Be Careful grin

OK.. grin

Those Bini boys fit use winch press me for night abi? grin
Re: #OlayinkaMustGo: UNIBADAN Students Attempt To Sack Their VC Through Twitter by smellingmenses: 10:21am On May 31, 2016
no better way 2join nairaland than to say hi to you...hi
MadCow1:

OK.. grin

Re: #OlayinkaMustGo: UNIBADAN Students Attempt To Sack Their VC Through Twitter by smellingmenses: 10:24am On May 31, 2016
This information is incomplete.... can you shed more light on what happened so we can understand the situation please?

SexyKaycee:
Students of the Premier university in Nigeria, the University of Ibadan on Monday trended the hash tag #olayinkamustgo in a bid to call attention to their claimed harrasment under the leadership of new VC Olayinka Idowu.

Reports say a student leader and former SU president Tokunbo Salako was Monday morning picked up by the campus security and bundled to a police cell where quick action by other students led to his release.

You would recall that a protest against student victimization and lack of light and water led to the school being shut down indefinitely on the 26th of April 2016

Below are some of the tweets
Re: #OlayinkaMustGo: UNIBADAN Students Attempt To Sack Their VC Through Twitter by MadCow1: 10:24am On May 31, 2016
smellingmenses:
no better way 2join nairaland than to say hi to you...hi

hi..

Your Use I.D though.. undecided
Re: #OlayinkaMustGo: UNIBADAN Students Attempt To Sack Their VC Through Twitter by smellingmenses: 10:25am On May 31, 2016
ur head dey dia joor

emekakelvin:

cheesy
what's the assurance that your agitation for the dismissal of Olayinka will automatically pave way for the reinstatement of Mote.

Are you people really sure that these two events will happen simultaneously.

Not a UI student, but just trying to air my thought.

Re: #OlayinkaMustGo: UNIBADAN Students Attempt To Sack Their VC Through Twitter by smellingmenses: 10:26am On May 31, 2016
u like it?
MadCow1:

hi..

Your Use I.D though.. undecided
Re: #OlayinkaMustGo: UNIBADAN Students Attempt To Sack Their VC Through Twitter by waice6571: 10:27am On May 31, 2016
MadCow1:

Why are you always in bad mood anytime anything from Ibadan hit FP?
your hatred for Ib city will soon send you to your early grave.

bad blood.

generation of blood thirsty, blood sucking herdsmen. no wonder, your moniker says a lot about you. MADMAN

1 Like

Re: #OlayinkaMustGo: UNIBADAN Students Attempt To Sack Their VC Through Twitter by MadCow1: 10:29am On May 31, 2016
waice6571:

Why are you always in bad mood anytime anything from Ibadan hit FP?
your hatred for Ib city will soon send you to your early grave.

bad blood.

generation of blood thirsty, blood sucking herdsmen. no wonder, your moniker says a lot about you. MADMAN

Bros, Is your name Ibadan? undecided undecided

Which levels na?
Re: #OlayinkaMustGo: UNIBADAN Students Attempt To Sack Their VC Through Twitter by emekakelvin(m): 10:31am On May 31, 2016
smellingmenses:
ur head dey dia joor
Yeah. .... my head is intact and it's supported by my neck gringrin

Re: #OlayinkaMustGo: UNIBADAN Students Attempt To Sack Their VC Through Twitter by Dcomrade(m): 10:32am On May 31, 2016
MadCow1:

OK.. grin

This guy can testify grin

Re: #OlayinkaMustGo: UNIBADAN Students Attempt To Sack Their VC Through Twitter by smellingmenses: 10:35am On May 31, 2016
these students have not clearly stated what is happening...the economy is bad enough not to waste your parents money on unnecessary things that will delay your graduation.....and on this thread they have not been able to articulate their grievances.... I think UI should be made a fully postgraduate institution.... for the best brains.....

Change as you observed brings with it a myriad of the unexpected most times.

emekakelvin:

Yeah. .... my head is intact and it's supported by my neck gringrin

Re: #OlayinkaMustGo: UNIBADAN Students Attempt To Sack Their VC Through Twitter by waice6571: 10:38am On May 31, 2016
MadCow1:

Bros, Is your name Ibadan? undecided undecided

Which levels na?

I just wish you trim down on Ib issues. no personal hatred or any evil against your person.

I REP IB CITY.
the university community has been my community since 1986

2 Likes

Re: #OlayinkaMustGo: UNIBADAN Students Attempt To Sack Their VC Through Twitter by ajosegabriel(m): 10:38am On May 31, 2016
cassyrooy:
Matter don serious o seriously.
#Olayinkamustgo don trend pass anything just yesterday.
Still watching oo.
And I'm still in #HighBee
oga cassy....
Re: #OlayinkaMustGo: UNIBADAN Students Attempt To Sack Their VC Through Twitter by tunene66: 10:42am On May 31, 2016
SexyKaycee:
Students of the Premier university in Nigeria, the University of Ibadan on Monday trended the hash tag #olayinkamustgo in a bid to call attention to their claimed harrasment under the leadership of new VC Olayinka Idowu.

Reports say a student leader and former SU president Tokunbo Salako was Monday morning picked up by the campus security and bundled to a police cell where quick action by other students led to his release.

You would recall that a protest against student victimization and lack of light and water led to the school being shut down indefinitely on the 26th of April 2016

Below are some of the tweets

the heading is wrong; the university is called UI not UNIBADAN

1 Like

Re: #OlayinkaMustGo: UNIBADAN Students Attempt To Sack Their VC Through Twitter by Nobody: 10:44am On May 31, 2016
smellingmenses:
these students have not clearly stated what is happening...the economy is bad enough not to waste your parents money on unnecessary things that will delay your graduation.....and on this thread they have not been able to articulate their grievances.... I think UI should be made a fully postgraduate institution.... for the best brains.....

you should have thought well before stating your opinion.... why should you say what you think if you dont know the full story...... you dont have to say something useless all in the name of commenting
Re: #OlayinkaMustGo: UNIBADAN Students Attempt To Sack Their VC Through Twitter by MadCow1: 10:47am On May 31, 2016
Dcomrade:

This guy can testify grin

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: #OlayinkaMustGo: UNIBADAN Students Attempt To Sack Their VC Through Twitter by smellingmenses: 10:47am On May 31, 2016
harnnarh:
you should have thought well before stating your opinion.... why should you say what you think if you dont know the full story...... you dont have to say something useless all in the name of commenting

be a lady and make a statement that is articulate.

1 Like

Re: #OlayinkaMustGo: UNIBADAN Students Attempt To Sack Their VC Through Twitter by drered(m): 10:54am On May 31, 2016
Sad to hear this is happening to my alumnus. The voice of students should never be repressed. The result is always chaotic.. #FreeMote #IamMote
Re: #OlayinkaMustGo: UNIBADAN Students Attempt To Sack Their VC Through Twitter by darthv: 10:59am On May 31, 2016
Uniport #laleMustGo
Re: #OlayinkaMustGo: UNIBADAN Students Attempt To Sack Their VC Through Twitter by emekakelvin(m): 11:01am On May 31, 2016
smellingmenses:

[b] It's a funny and bitter experience concerning how this particular event has turned out to be so far. Not everybody will be willing to tell the story from scratch but with my little knowledge on it I think it started from a list of this happening below

(1) Students protested against the lack of some major amenities for survival.

(2) The school mgmt responded by spoting a student who was supposed to be I.T among the students protesting. The acclaimed student was suspended

(3) Students felt irked and picked their protesting boot against the decision of mgmt to suspend their colleague and of such the mgmt felt that it would be of best interest to close the school to prevent the occurrence of further Unplanned event.

(4) After some weeks, the mgmt decided to call pta meeting and of such the students felt degraded and hence the call for the dismissal of the VC.

The whole issue seems disturbing to me. I cannot categorically vouch for the support of the students over the removal of the VC, but I sincerely stand against the mgmt decision

[/b]
Re: #OlayinkaMustGo: UNIBADAN Students Attempt To Sack Their VC Through Twitter by Bukkiminat(f): 11:01am On May 31, 2016
tunene66:

the heading is wrong; the university is called UI not UNIBADAN

Smh

1 Like

Re: #OlayinkaMustGo: UNIBADAN Students Attempt To Sack Their VC Through Twitter by kiddie(m): 11:06am On May 31, 2016
i hope they dont shut them up the same way they did to us unilag students
Re: #OlayinkaMustGo: UNIBADAN Students Attempt To Sack Their VC Through Twitter by smellingmenses: 11:25am On May 31, 2016
hmmm thanks. I have nothing against the PTA meetings as it is obvious charity begins at home, Unilorin does it, Unilag too... one of the reasons some rascally students have gotten by is because their parents were in the dark of school happenings. Kudos to the management. #sanitymustbebroughtback the SUG should know that with power comes responsibility. More so I suspect this to be a fall out of the VC's appointment if the root causes are well traced! The SUG might just be a pawn in the bigger game.

emekakelvin:

[b] It's a funny and bitter experience concerning how this particular event has turned out to be so far. Not everybody will be willing to tell the story from scratch but with my little knowledge on it I think it started from a list of this happening below

(1) Students protested against the lack of some major amenities for survival.

(2) The school mgmt responded by spoting a student who was supposed to be I.T among the students protesting. The acclaimed student was suspended

(3) Students felt irked and picked their protesting boot against the decision of mgmt to suspend their colleague and of such the mgmt felt that it would be of best interest to close the school to prevent the occurrence of further Unplanned event.

(4) After some weeks, the mgmt decided to call pta meeting and of such the students felt degraded and hence the call for the dismissal of the VC.

The whole issue seems disturbing to me. I cannot categorically vouch for the support of the students over the removal of the VC, but I sincerely stand against the mgmt decision

[/b]

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Are You Now Working In Big Companies? / Practical Neco Specimen / After 56 Days Of Strike, FG Set To Meet ASUU Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.