Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,485 members, 7,819,761 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:38 PM

Kwara University Produces 23 First Class Graduates - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Kwara University Produces 23 First Class Graduates (13430 Views)

Afe Babalola University Produces 83 First Class Graduates At 5th Convocation / Where Are Our First-class Graduates And Professors? / How We Attained Academic Excellence - By 10 First Class Graduates (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kwara University Produces 23 First Class Graduates by Whalexcool: 5:16pm On May 31, 2016
johnkay1:
kwasu is semi private school, where u pay for everything. May be those students were financially buoyant enough to pay for that result.
It doesn't make sense when u see an ant bark like dog.
Come to kwasu and you we see what it take to be a kwasu graduate@simple example tell me any institution that do exam for a week in westafrica talk less of Nigeria
Re: Kwara University Produces 23 First Class Graduates by win3k: 5:28pm On May 31, 2016
micronut:

Sign of an academically frustrated graduate...

A Nigerian Engineering 1st class graduate can't build anything, Indians, Lebansese, chinese apprentice become their masters.

Typical Nigerian scientist cannot innovate or discover anything, they have to rely on whites for common aspirin.

Nigerian 1st class and PHD degree holders are useless waste of space who contribute nothing to the nation!

1 Like

Re: Kwara University Produces 23 First Class Graduates by deebsman1(m): 5:32pm On May 31, 2016
....even u ursef,think abt what u wrote, did u make any senses as an adult??

WAYRAYSKI

johnkay1:
... You can remove deebsppopotamus from mud but you can't remove mud from deebsppopotamus. You need help from Yabaleft
Re: Kwara University Produces 23 First Class Graduates by leonbob: 5:38pm On May 31, 2016
Were they also given mugs as commendation gifts like Aregbe did?
angry angry angry
Re: Kwara University Produces 23 First Class Graduates by Nobody: 5:41pm On May 31, 2016
vizkiz:
ok, one MUG each for them all grin

Welcome to the real world fellas and take a piece of advice from me, Don't let the "first class mentality get to your head better get involved and used your" first class brain". Because we are currently in the economy of "who first class epp" grin grin

Loads of jobless first class graduates are riding bikes in lagos...while some come to nairaland and shout "wailers" "zombies" grin
c

First no help anybody my brother. If I know I for use my time pursue other things
Re: Kwara University Produces 23 First Class Graduates by Gerrard59(m): 5:50pm On May 31, 2016
Fifthcolumnist:

First no help anybody my brother. If I know I for use my time pursue other things

You didn't use yours well or maybe you didn't deserve it.
kingphilip:
And some schools can't even produce one..
Well it's a thing of determination, hardwork and persistence because there'll always be challenges and it's only those who have the inner willpower to overcome that'll scale through..
Forseeing it and dreaming about this is an initial step but not the core step.. Study hard play little and you'll surely hit the jackpot
Forget lecturers stories that bring people down.. Most students use that as an escape route for failing but the serious minded ones also get it right most times
Congratulations to all of them
[/b]But it's never a necessary requirement to survive in this economy.[b].

You were making sense till the bolded. It's an important appendage to anyone who has it. It gives leverage, opportunities, choices, scholarships, sponsorships and Yes, jobs.
Re: Kwara University Produces 23 First Class Graduates by Gerrard59(m): 5:52pm On May 31, 2016
vizkiz:
ok, one MUG each for them all grin
Loads of jobless first class graduates are riding bikes in lagos...while some come to nairaland and shout "wailers" "zombies" grin

This is a joke.

However, if TRUE, could you please name them?
Re: Kwara University Produces 23 First Class Graduates by BABANGBALI: 5:56pm On May 31, 2016
I welcome dem to the Labour market
Re: Kwara University Produces 23 First Class Graduates by christopheru(m): 5:59pm On May 31, 2016
hemartins:
The way state Universities are producing first class these days is fantasticaly amazing.
When federal Universities take pride for not having much first class.
A second class upper in Industrial Mathematics from Uniben to me is a first class in any state University.
My Bet.

Why would you make such a Blind statement? Both the Federal and state schools Run in the same Curriculum so don't talk trash. Lemme not say much. A 1st class student in a state university will be a 1st class student in any federal university thats all. When you're brilliant, you're brilliant and anywhere you go, you'll still shine because you know what you are doing.

1 Like

Re: Kwara University Produces 23 First Class Graduates by Sheggy13(m): 6:08pm On May 31, 2016
TOBIeee68:
kwasu do graduate wit 3.5cgpa first class any kwasu student can testify whr federal uni do graduate wit 4.5cgpa wit stresse
That's perhaps because they're graded on a 4.00 CGPA scale unlike most Nigerian universities that use the 5.00 scale. I know for sure that no university would grant 3.50 first class on a scale of 5.00
Re: Kwara University Produces 23 First Class Graduates by elmisti(m): 6:11pm On May 31, 2016
TOBIeee68:
kwasu do graduate wit 3.5cgpa first class any kwasu student can testify whr federal uni do graduate wit 4.5cgpa wit stresse

See bad belle oooo! 3.6 cgpa out of 4.0cgpa........pass mark in kwasu is 45 for a D...ntn like E in kwasu.....go find out
Re: Kwara University Produces 23 First Class Graduates by Nobody: 6:13pm On May 31, 2016
Gerrard59:

You didn't use yours well or maybe you didn't deserve it.

You were making sense till the bolded. It's an important appendage to anyone who has it. It gives leverage, opportunities, choices, scholarships, sponsorships and Yes, jobs.

That's easy to say when it's not you in the picture . I guess you deserved your "pass" degree
Re: Kwara University Produces 23 First Class Graduates by jaafree: 6:18pm On May 31, 2016
And all not competent cheesy ..... Believe me, no be kwasu we dey talk about
Re: Kwara University Produces 23 First Class Graduates by Nobody: 6:19pm On May 31, 2016
micronut:
This comment shows you don't have an idea of what you are saying, did you read the part where the VC said, this year performance is 100% of those in the past Meaning only 2 to 3 first class was recorded last year. Kwasu is one hell of a school, they fail them like anything, because of the fast academic calendar.. I can say that those First class dudes can compete favourably any where in the world. It's from their postgraduate studies they would Begin to show the world what they can do better with better facilities and conducive learning environment which is what most state universities are lacking... Your comment above is wrong bro.
Pls when next you wanna correct someone, especially if it has to do with maths or statistics as the case may be,make sure you won't come here and say gibberish. There are lots of educated folks here who won't fold their hands and let you get away with wrong stuffs.
Now for your correction
100% increase means multiplied y by 2
So if 23 is more than 100% of a figure
It means the figure is less than or aqual to 23÷2
But since the VC said the increment is above 100% it means the last year value is 23÷2-X where X Is a whole number.
So the value of last year's first class graduates can as well be 10. So your RANGE of 2-3 is statistically wrong. I rep MICHAEL OKPARA FEDERAL UNI. OF AGRIC UMUDIKE

1 Like

Re: Kwara University Produces 23 First Class Graduates by tall2ce(m): 6:30pm On May 31, 2016
hemartins:
The way state Universities are producing first class these days is fantasticaly amazing.
A second class upper in Industrial Mathematics from Uniben to me is a first class in any state University.
My Bet.

Lasu produced 8 first class for a combined 13/14 and 14/15 convocation last week, people on nl here were complaining the school had dullards and here u are contradicting yourself about state universities dashing First Class, it's even more difficult to make 1:1 in a state university than Federal university. UI,Unilag and Co. produces 80 first class upwards the stats don't lie. How does the name Uniben lands you an automatic job?
Re: Kwara University Produces 23 First Class Graduates by seunfape(m): 7:08pm On May 31, 2016
To get First Class no be beans oo. Maybe those students use money or buttock powere.
Re: Kwara University Produces 23 First Class Graduates by micronut(m): 9:06pm On May 31, 2016
chymevicks:
Pls when next you wanna correct someone, especially if it has to do with maths or statistics as the case may be,make sure you won't come here and say gibberish. There are lots of educated folks here who won't fold their hands and let you get away with wrong stuffs.
Now for your correction
100% increase means multiplied y by 2
So if 23 is more than 100% of a figure
It means the figure is less than or aqual to 23÷2
But since the VC said the increment is above 100% it means the last year value is 23÷2-X where X Is a whole number.
So the value of last year's first class graduates can as well be 10. So your RANGE of 2-3 is statistically wrong. I rep MICHAEL OKPARA FEDERAL UNI. OF AGRIC UMUDIKE

Lolz! Easy... Next time just say double!
Well for the record, the school had 5 first class in 2013, 2 first class in 2014, 6 first class in 2015 and now 23 in 2016. I get your drift ( Over 100%). The error above doesn't mean I'm uneducated with your " Educated folks addition" and more so, you don't need to come and add I rep umudike, it makes it look like bragging to me. Anybody could do that, from any school. Thanks!

1 Like

Re: Kwara University Produces 23 First Class Graduates by willibounce1(m): 9:30pm On May 31, 2016
micronut:
This comment shows you don't have an idea of what you are saying, did you read the part where the VC said, this year performance is 100% of those in the past Meaning only 2 to 3 first class was recorded last year. Kwasu is one hell of a school, they fail them like anything, because of the fast academic calendar.. I can say that those First class dudes can compete favourably any where in the world. It's from their postgraduate studies they would Begin to show the world what they can do better with better facilities and conducive learning environment which is what most state universities are lacking... Your comment above is wrong bro.

Don't say they fail them. Instead the students fail because they are not well prepared. The ones who made 1st class put in extra effort or would you say they lecturer passed them?
Re: Kwara University Produces 23 First Class Graduates by toonzay(m): 9:58pm On May 31, 2016
TOBIeee68:
Yeah...4cgpa is the max for KWASU. Federal schools is 5.... And mind you first class is 3.6cgpa
Re: Kwara University Produces 23 First Class Graduates by Gerrard59(m): 9:58pm On May 31, 2016
Fifthcolumnist:

After reading your comment on this thread https://www.nairaland.com/3094442/nairaland-members-hate-first-class/1#45464823

I'm sorry if my statement might have infuriated you, however, I'm astonished by your statement from the aforementioned link. Have you tried Jarushub?
Re: Kwara University Produces 23 First Class Graduates by victoralex(m): 10:23pm On May 31, 2016
MadCow1:
23 First Class.. grin grin grin grin

UNIBEN, come see una fellow useless University o!! grin
what happened to unibest?
Re: Kwara University Produces 23 First Class Graduates by victoralex(m): 10:25pm On May 31, 2016
that goodnews though
Re: Kwara University Produces 23 First Class Graduates by Progress2468(m): 10:47pm On May 31, 2016
hemartins:
My Bet.

Oya Come and get 2.1 from Delsu Abraka nau

I just pray things have changed now sha
Re: Kwara University Produces 23 First Class Graduates by Donshemzy1234: 11:10pm On May 31, 2016
hemartins:
My Bet.

u must be high on weed
Re: Kwara University Produces 23 First Class Graduates by hemartins(m): 11:18pm On May 31, 2016
Donshemzy1234:

u must be high on weed

I'm sorry to say this, you are mentally derailed if you can't pass your message without insult.
Re: Kwara University Produces 23 First Class Graduates by AgbenuAnna(f): 8:31am On Jun 01, 2016
When will uniabuja graduate just 10 first class student?
Re: Kwara University Produces 23 First Class Graduates by Bash512: 10:00am On Jun 01, 2016
Oga Ade...Itz simple.
While Federal unis use 4.5 of 5 points for 1st class,Kwasu uses 3.6 of 4 points for 1st class degree.Now,Take ur calculator n c d differnce.
If u really passed thru d uni like u claim,u shud knw dat itz jux d multiplier datz different.i.e Fed uni uses:5pnts n Kwasu uses:4pnts...Oh! And d additional 0.1 in d case of Kwasu relative to Fed unis.
Re: Kwara University Produces 23 First Class Graduates by ETEYEN79(m): 10:11am On Jun 01, 2016
Congratulations to them, it's a great honour passing out with a First-class, God will bless them all for their efforts.
Re: Kwara University Produces 23 First Class Graduates by ETEYEN79(m): 10:21am On Jun 01, 2016
Honestly, I don't know why majority of people have the believe that First-class is always bought, some says they were not given even when they deserved it, please is First-class given or achieved? We need to stop somethings, being brilliant doesn't really mean one will come out with a First-class but hitting the expected CGPA is what gives it, so when anyone calculates his/her CGPA and has 4.49, it's still a second class upper as it is not calculated to the nearest whole number.
God bless all graduates whether with First-class or not.
Re: Kwara University Produces 23 First Class Graduates by sdcolour40: 1:24pm On Jun 01, 2016
In lasu, pass mark is 45, and dey used 5.00, so to graduate wit 1st class no b beans oooooooo
Re: Kwara University Produces 23 First Class Graduates by demmymoney(m): 11:39am On Jun 09, 2016
A comfort zone is a beautiful place but nothing ever grows there..
Think big, start small, grow fast. Every year was a HIT, Back2Back from 2013 when HELPING HANDS INTERNATIONAL got into Nigeria to 2014, to 2015 and now 2016... Don't WAIT for the government anymore, create a system that would start paying you...
N6600 is worth the RISK so take that chance today...
Have a blessed day.
Re: Kwara University Produces 23 First Class Graduates by haryomikun(m): 2:00pm On Jun 09, 2016
Looool. Why people dey beef them na. 23 first class graduates is quite moderate nahh...

How to boost your CGPA in the University

(1) (2) (Reply)

JAMB Cut-off Marks : Sad Decision For The Future – ASUU / Fire Outbreak at WAEC's National Office In Yaba / Police Academy Test Admission Scandal: Governors, Senators Scheme Out Candidates

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.