Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,432 members, 7,830,166 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:09 PM

Not Giving Up<----------personal Experience. - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Not Giving Up<----------personal Experience. (343 Views)

Didn't Get The Job? Read This Before Giving Up! / The Hazard Of Giving-up / Motivational Pictures On Never Giving Up (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Not Giving Up<----------personal Experience. by uyisteven(m): 8:34am On Jun 01, 2016
Hello Fam and good morning to everyone of you.Hope you having a swell time just like I am.

Today am going say a few words about *Hanging in there and not giving up*

Right from the days of my youth, Patience has never been my strong suit. If I needed anything and I didn't get it on time, I loose all hope and get discouraged.

This one act has got me to loose almost all good things that could come my way.

Then I got to learn about patience.
Though it wasn't easy at first, took me a better part of my years to grab the concept. One vivid example I would share.

I started an advertising company while I was in college. Was all fun and exciting at first but time went by and the only changes I could notice was the amount of money I kept pumping in with no significant profit to show.

Years went by and I got frustrated. Seems no positive report to write home about, I handed over the company and all relating documents to a close friend of mine to handle.

Just a week later friends and I literally mean the next week, the supposed company got five (5) clients at a stretch which brought in a quarter of a million naira.

Extremely curious as I was, I had to ask my friend what exactly did he do to make this giant leap of progress.

Was astonished at his answer. He said he never did anything. Infact,  he hasn't even started any work. The companies/individuals just got through to him and told him that they have been observing the growth of the company for the past year and was deliberating if it was wise to partner with it. They only recently just got approval.

I was mad. Really angry with myself for not just waiting an extra year or even a week. Though i got quite a portion of the profit, it was a one time fee. Now, the profits been made is mind blowing and I can't even have access to it.

My point is this people. What exactly is that one thing you plan of quiting all because you see no blink  of progress in it's path?

Don't quit. Work at it.keep your focus sharp and your head held high.

Could be in your Marriage, careers, education even life in general.

Like my dad keeps telling me "Steven, Rome wasn't built in a day neither was the pyramid in Egypt we have all come to admire"

So fam, don't be me. Be better. Stick to that dream of your's. It just could be your gateway to fortune and peace of mind.

HAPPY NEW MONTH FOLKS!!!

CC;lalasticlala
CC; farano

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

One-time POS Solution For Boutiques, Eateries, Pharmacies And Supermarkets / Monday Motivation With Needmyservice / Ideas

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.