Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,427 members, 7,822,976 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 08:41 PM

Wike Plans To Sponsor Protests Against President Buhari's Visit To Ogoni - Apc - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Wike Plans To Sponsor Protests Against President Buhari's Visit To Ogoni - Apc (18129 Views)

2019 Rivers State Governorship Election Gather Momentum, Amaechi Meets Ogoni APC / United Action For Democracy Protests Against Buhari's Government (Photos) / President Buhari's Cancelled Trip To Ogoni; Nigerians React (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wike Plans To Sponsor Protests Against President Buhari's Visit To Ogoni - Apc by suasmablow(m): 9:29am On Jun 01, 2016
Rivers State Chapter of All Progressives Congress (APC) has alleged that the Rivers State governor, Nyesom Wike has concluded plans to sponsor members of the Peoples Democratic Party,PDP, thugs and hoodlums to protest and disrupt the visit of President Muhammadu Buhari to Rivers State to flag off the UNEP cleanup of Ogoniland on Thursday, 2nd June, 2016.
In a statement signed by Chris Finebone, APC,state publicity Secretary said:”It has also come to our notice that the protesters will disguise as citizens who have been mobilised to give Mr. President a rousing welcome on his visit before they will turn on their protests with placards and dangerous weapons with the singular purpose of embarrassing Mr. President, Rt. Hon. Chibuike Rotimi Amaechi, Senator Magnus Abe, Dr. Dakuku Peterside and the All Progressives Congress, APC, amongst others.

President Muhammadu Buhari of Nigeria
“Indeed, the APC finds it curious that Governor. Nyesom Wike will claim to mobilise his party members to welcome President Buhari, the same person he has repeatedly spoken about derogatorily in the past. The only reason Governor Wike would engage in his planned subterfuge can only be to score a cheap political point due to his desperation for political advantage in Ogoniland – something way out of his reach under a peaceful atmosphere”.
The party notes that it was solely political desperation that drove the Governor to hurriedly flag-off the dualization of Saakpenwa-Bori-Kono Road last week to deceive Nigerians that Wike cares about Ogoni people after sponsoring militants to kill them.
APC notes however that the fraud behind the Saakpenwa-Bori-Kono Road has been uncovered as the governor deliberately refused to mention that the project is in phases. He also cunningly went silent on the number of kilometres of the road is covered in the phase 1 of the project he flagged off, just to deceive the people of Tai, Gokana, Khana, Opobo/Nkoro and Andoni LGAs.
Accordingly,the “APC urged the governor not to push his luck too far as there will obviously be grave consequences if he insists on over-reaching himself along the line he has chosen as he will be held responsible for any breach of the law, order and further undermining of the fragile peace of the State at this time. But if the governor insists on sponsoring people to disrupt the flag-off with the purpose of embarrassing Mr. President and others, we wish him the best of luck.”

http://www.pmnewsnigeria.com/2016/06/01/wike-planning-to-disrupt-buharis-visit-unep-cleanup-of-ogoniland-says-apc/

Re: Wike Plans To Sponsor Protests Against President Buhari's Visit To Ogoni - Apc by Nobody: 9:31am On Jun 01, 2016
Even though i hate Wike with Passion,
I don't think he will do such thing.

45 Likes

Re: Wike Plans To Sponsor Protests Against President Buhari's Visit To Ogoni - Apc by PureWays(m): 9:36am On Jun 01, 2016
Lol..

I can see a chess move being played here. If at all, Wike plans to do this, they've dissolved the plan..

The message is clear.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wike Plans To Sponsor Protests Against President Buhari's Visit To Ogoni - Apc by ikdaddy01(m): 9:36am On Jun 01, 2016
APC.....Always looking for who to blame! Now its Wike?

85 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Wike Plans To Sponsor Protests Against President Buhari's Visit To Ogoni - Apc by QuotaSystem: 9:38am On Jun 01, 2016
Even though I doubt it, it's good to know the APC has not lost it.

I miss the days in the opposition when the APC terrorized the then ruling party with brilliant pre-emptive strategies.

Even if Wike wanted to try it, he now knows presidential eyes are watching and his plan will be strongly resisted if not countered.

Classic.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Wike Plans To Sponsor Protests Against President Buhari's Visit To Ogoni - Apc by Luckylife(m): 9:49am On Jun 01, 2016
Ok
Re: Wike Plans To Sponsor Protests Against President Buhari's Visit To Ogoni - Apc by eshietIntrepid(m): 9:50am On Jun 01, 2016
We all know buhari will not honor the visit, there is no first class hospital here that he will brance and check his health.

So no need of accusing wike.

34 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wike Plans To Sponsor Protests Against President Buhari's Visit To Ogoni - Apc by mrvitalis(m): 10:02am On Jun 01, 2016
Rivers youth can do anything trust me
Rivers State is the only place a company will want to do Road in a community and the community will demand to be paid first

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wike Plans To Sponsor Protests Against President Buhari's Visit To Ogoni - Apc by suasmablow(m): 10:06am On Jun 01, 2016
kenonze:
Even though i hate Wike with Passion,
I don't think he will do such thing.

Then I am sure you don't know the man called Wike.
Google and confirm related incidences that He had sponsored in the past.
You recall when Amaechi and some members of the then aggrieved PDP governors were stoned in PH?
You recall when some Ogoni people were attacked and killed on their way to meet with Muhammed Buhari during His campaign visit to Ogoniland?
You recall when Wike ordered the army's operation in Yeghe and Bori but turned around to sponsor youths to blame it on a former APC senator from Ogoni by an open protest and several petitions just to stop him from bin reelected?
You recall the several petitions he sponsored against Amaechi including the setting up of the Omereji commission just to stop Amaechi from bin minister?
Wike masterminded all of these
But incase you aren't convinced, then watch out what may happen tomorrow

9 Likes

Re: Wike Plans To Sponsor Protests Against President Buhari's Visit To Ogoni - Apc by Terry68: 10:06am On Jun 01, 2016
Lies. Wike is too mature for such.

APC propaganda has scare the deveil away from hell.

What's wrong with all these small children wey feel say na to write anything wey enter mind.

4 Likes

Re: Wike Plans To Sponsor Protests Against President Buhari's Visit To Ogoni - Apc by Koleman(m): 11:13am On Jun 01, 2016
Mind games. I doubt its tru but even if wike thought of it he wont try it now. Apc did this alot wen they were in opposition.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Wike Plans To Sponsor Protests Against President Buhari's Visit To Ogoni - Apc by kozmokaz(m): 11:14am On Jun 01, 2016
mk APC kukuma
tell us bubu get another ear infection

something big is about to happen

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wike Plans To Sponsor Protests Against President Buhari's Visit To Ogoni - Apc by Nobody: 11:19am On Jun 01, 2016
[size=15pt]PROOF OR....[/size]

[size=16pt]
Shut the f-u-c-k up!!!!!!!!![/size]

6 Likes

Re: Wike Plans To Sponsor Protests Against President Buhari's Visit To Ogoni - Apc by suasmablow(m): 11:57am On Jun 01, 2016
Koleman:
Mind games. I doubt its tru but even if wike thought of it he wont try it now. Apc did this alot wen they were in opposition.

Give an example of what the APC did as opposition that justifies this
Re: Wike Plans To Sponsor Protests Against President Buhari's Visit To Ogoni - Apc by suasmablow(m): 11:59am On Jun 01, 2016
Terry68:
Lies. Wine is matured to do such.

What's wrong with all these small children wey feel say na to write anything wey enter mind, just for traffic. Bloggers!!!

U mean Senibo Chris Finebone is a small boy and a blogger?

4 Likes

Re: Wike Plans To Sponsor Protests Against President Buhari's Visit To Ogoni - Apc by suasmablow(m): 12:01pm On Jun 01, 2016
eshietIntrepid:
We all know buhari will not honor the visit, there is no first class hospital here that he will brance and check his health.

Ur comment show that u are more sick that PMB can ever be

1 Like

Re: Wike Plans To Sponsor Protests Against President Buhari's Visit To Ogoni - Apc by tukdi: 12:42pm On Jun 01, 2016
. tongue. Rivers apc lacks wat to say. they should just shut up. wike is working round d clock to allign himself with presidency to bring positive change to the good people of rivers state! rivers state apc chairman is a clown! anytime i see him, i just start laughing! wike please keep d flag flying!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Wike Plans To Sponsor Protests Against President Buhari's Visit To Ogoni - Apc by Firefire(m): 12:43pm On Jun 01, 2016
APC no dey tire of propaganda at all levels ni?

Na wa for this useless party ooo.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wike Plans To Sponsor Protests Against President Buhari's Visit To Ogoni - Apc by kings09(m): 12:43pm On Jun 01, 2016
It's a lie so far it's frm ApC. Even wen they r sayin d truth, no1 believes buhari n ApC anymore cos their surname is 'Lie'

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wike Plans To Sponsor Protests Against President Buhari's Visit To Ogoni - Apc by thaoriginator: 12:45pm On Jun 01, 2016
ikennaf1:
[size=15pt]PROOF OR....[/size]

[size=16pt] Shut the f-u-c-k up!!!!!!!!![/size]
shut up!

wicke the rugged governor, cultist.

1 Like

Re: Wike Plans To Sponsor Protests Against President Buhari's Visit To Ogoni - Apc by Firefire(m): 12:45pm On Jun 01, 2016
eshietIntrepid:

shocked
Re: Wike Plans To Sponsor Protests Against President Buhari's Visit To Ogoni - Apc by mandax: 12:48pm On Jun 01, 2016
What?

Buhari can't deny that he didn't approve the hanging of Ken Saro Wiwa and the Ogoni 8 by the Abacha regime.

Buhari was Abacha's right-hand man and confidant during the Abacha regime.
Buhari going to Ogoni may be adding salt to injury.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wike Plans To Sponsor Protests Against President Buhari's Visit To Ogoni - Apc by Guyman02: 12:51pm On Jun 01, 2016
If you had watched Wike's interactive session with Rivers people at the weekend you wont be spewing this propaganda. He has even asked the FG to allow him to complete the rehabilitation of the Portharcourt Int'l Airport and called on Buhari to hasten up the cleanup of Ogoni land and other areas in Rivers State.
This is another failed propaganda by APC. I see Wike as an 'agbero' but I dislike APC propaganda more; they seem to have forgotten that they are no longer in opposition.

5 Likes

Re: Wike Plans To Sponsor Protests Against President Buhari's Visit To Ogoni - Apc by macaranta(m): 12:51pm On Jun 01, 2016
Propaganda and ApC

**insert Zuma's pix mentally here**

1 Like

Re: Wike Plans To Sponsor Protests Against President Buhari's Visit To Ogoni - Apc by demarc001: 12:52pm On Jun 01, 2016
I sense Another excuse for him not to go
Re: Wike Plans To Sponsor Protests Against President Buhari's Visit To Ogoni - Apc by afanide: 12:53pm On Jun 01, 2016
Another Propaganda
Re: Wike Plans To Sponsor Protests Against President Buhari's Visit To Ogoni - Apc by buchi2020(m): 12:56pm On Jun 01, 2016
APC....APC.....APC how many did I call u?_ always has an excuses to give but I will tell u as a good friend Failure plus excuse is not equal to success if BUBU is not sure of himself let him no come at all afterall WHO I'm EPP
Re: Wike Plans To Sponsor Protests Against President Buhari's Visit To Ogoni - Apc by GWMI(m): 12:58pm On Jun 01, 2016
APC and lies.Only God will deliver APC from the spirit of lies in Jesus Name.Amen.Thanks.
Re: Wike Plans To Sponsor Protests Against President Buhari's Visit To Ogoni - Apc by Joarams(m): 1:00pm On Jun 01, 2016
No insane politician will try to endanger the life of the Commander-in-Chief when visiting his state. That's simply asking for a quick leveling war. The security forces protect the President better than themselves.

But a peaceful and low-key protest may still be in order.
Re: Wike Plans To Sponsor Protests Against President Buhari's Visit To Ogoni - Apc by DeadWrong: 1:04pm On Jun 01, 2016
Lazy ogogoro sipping NDeltans. Of course, anything to spite Buhari is welcome by them.
Re: Wike Plans To Sponsor Protests Against President Buhari's Visit To Ogoni - Apc by Subway1011: 1:05pm On Jun 01, 2016
eshietIntrepid:

Brance tinz cheesy

(1) (2) (Reply)

Governor Zulum Tells Remi Tinubu He Will Deliver Borno To Tinubu / Who Are Bola Tinubu’s Children And What Do They Do For A Living? / Ifeanyi Uba Declares For Anambra Gubernatorial Race

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.