Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,749 members, 7,824,156 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:03 AM

Programmers, I Need Your Advice. - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Programmers, I Need Your Advice. (1535 Views)

Java Programmers ,I Need Help Fixing This Code. / Nland programmers: i need your advise / .net Programmers I Need Your Help O (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Programmers, I Need Your Advice. by frob0genius(f): 12:38pm On Jun 01, 2016
I'm a mathematical science student currently doing my I.T. Normally, it is expected i work in an environment relating to my course but i decided to go for information technology . So presently I am being taught Oracle SQL which is quite interesting though i don't really have any firm background in programming or database. But the thing is after my I.T I'd have to defend what I learned. So I have been researching on the relationship between mathematics and Oracle SQL but haven't gotten anything significant. I'd like anybody that has knowledge of it to enlighten me. Thanks
Re: Programmers, I Need Your Advice. by olarid01: 1:12pm On Jun 01, 2016
What type of company do you did your IT in?
Re: Programmers, I Need Your Advice. by Knownpal(m): 2:52pm On Jun 01, 2016
frob0genius:
I'm a mathematical science student..... Thanks

My "dearest" dear, learn programming language, because even after the ORACLE you still need something to prove what you learnt. You can start and pick a crash course on Java Programming, just the basic for a start.

Well, you can write maths stuffs (calculations, or something complex) store the useful data in the database using ORACLE or something related.
And since it's IT you're just starting they are not expecting something really advance but interesting.

The earlier you start the better your output.

My 2 cent.
Re: Programmers, I Need Your Advice. by frob0genius(f): 3:07pm On Jun 01, 2016
Knownpal:

My "dearest" dear, learn programming language, because even after the ORACLE you still need something to prove what you learnt. You can start and pick a crash course on Java Programming, just the basic for a start.

Well, you can write maths stuffs (calculations, or something complex) store the useful data in the database using ORACLE or something related.
And since it's IT you're just starting they are not expecting something really advance but interesting.

The earlier you start the better your output.

My 2 cent.

Thanks.
I'm actually tutoring myself on MATLAB, maybe I can infuse that as part of the training... .
Re: Programmers, I Need Your Advice. by Knownpal(m): 3:25pm On Jun 01, 2016
frob0genius:

Thanks.
I'm actually tutoring myself on MATLAB, maybe I can infuse that as part of the training... .

Forgive my post, MATLAB is the main thing you need.
Wish you luck.
Re: Programmers, I Need Your Advice. by mexzony: 9:20pm On Jun 01, 2016
whatever you decide do it fast..
Re: Programmers, I Need Your Advice. by opson2016(m): 11:12pm On Jun 01, 2016
frob0genius:
I'm a mathematical science student currently doing my I.T. Normally, it is expected i work in an environment relating to my course but i decided to go for information technology . So presently I am being taught Oracle SQL which is quite interesting though i don't really have any firm background in programming or database. But the thing is after my I.T I'd have to defend what I learned. So I have been researching on the relationship between mathematics and Oracle SQL but haven't gotten anything significant. I'd like anybody that has knowledge of it to enlighten me. Thanks

Read this thread to get a copy of free ebooks on how to build blocks in computer science It's designed for students and instructors.

Also for mathematics students who will like to dive into writing proofs
https://www.nairaland.com/3140932/free-ebook-building-blocks-theoretical
Re: Programmers, I Need Your Advice. by frob0genius(f): 11:30am On Jun 02, 2016
opson2016:

Read this thread to get a copy of free ebooks on how to build blocks in computer science It's designed for students and instructors.

Also for mathematics students who will like to dive into writing proofs
https://www.nairaland.com/3140932/free-ebook-building-blocks-theoretical

Thanks
Re: Programmers, I Need Your Advice. by trytillmake(m): 3:32pm On Jun 02, 2016
Oracle is a relational database MS so read about mathematical mapping of databases,u can relate with that, i once helped a student with her project on that issue

1 Like

Re: Programmers, I Need Your Advice. by oluwaskulboy(m): 12:38pm On Jun 03, 2016
DEVELOPING AN ANDROID APP, WHAT YOU SHOULD KNOW. http://techzone.com.ng/2016/05/05/developing-android-app-know/
Re: Programmers, I Need Your Advice. by larisoft: 8:56am On Jun 04, 2016
A Math Science Student? Brother, you are so in the right lane!!! I cant emphasize this enough.

Just learn programming as much as you can. Your certificate when mixed with above average skills, will not just open doors; it will smash them off their place.

As per your question, I recommend you learn python. this will enable you do math stuff with python, and then save the results in your database. But I'm recommending python because I think you may eventually desire to be employed at google (A company that treasures math majors and python coders) and that (python) will come in handy.

Good luck, bro.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Working On My Own Game / How Do I Automatically Modify A Row In Mysql After A Set Time Using PHP? / Best Church Management Software Powered By Microsoft

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.