Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,724 members, 7,813,394 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 11:44 AM

Mobile Application Developer Price. - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Mobile Application Developer Price. (1508 Views)

Need A Serious Web Developer /application Developer For A Various Projects / Need Of Web Base Application Developer / Mobile Application Developer Urgently Needed At A Fast Growing ICT Firm (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mobile Application Developer Price. by pol23: 10:45am On May 01, 2019
I need help regarding pricing.
I've met with few programmers who agreed to build a mobile game for me that will run on both Android and IOS devices.
The problem is the pricing,I need to be sure they're not over charging me as I know little to nothing about app development,My specialization is in web development.
The first guy says 400k last.
While the other says 1.2M last.
My problem goes thus:
1:is the first guy just broke or offering a poor job?
2:is the 2nd guy just expensive and won't offer anything better than the first guy?
3:what truly is the range I should be expecting?

Because I can build web for 30k and build the same for 70k,depending on how broke or busy I'm or how the person appears...
Just help a broke brother.

NB:I don't have 1.2m to pay the 2nd guy,But if I'm sure he's the one with the magic,I can wait a bit to find money.
Thank you.
Re: Mobile Application Developer Price. by Kyymz: 11:06am On May 01, 2019
Which kind of app do you want to develop ?
Re: Mobile Application Developer Price. by pol23: 1:13pm On May 01, 2019
Kyymz:
Which kind of app do you want to develop ?
Gaming app.
Re: Mobile Application Developer Price. by Nobody: 9:58pm On May 01, 2019
I will collect $2k for a robust app of your choice
Re: Mobile Application Developer Price. by asalimpo(m): 10:09pm On May 01, 2019
First,have you seen their portfolios and what they've actually created? Gaming does require different and more complex skill sets than ordinary app development.

2 Likes

Re: Mobile Application Developer Price. by trytillmake(m): 10:53am On May 02, 2019
asalimpo:
First,have you seen their portfolios and what they've actually created? Gaming does require different and more complex skill sets than ordinary app development.
I like this comment, you should check their portfolios before making decisions. The guy offering 400k might just do the job.

1 Like

Re: Mobile Application Developer Price. by Nobody: 9:02pm On May 03, 2019
pol23:
I need help regarding pricing.
I've met with few programmers who agreed to build a mobile game for me that will run on both Android and IOS devices.
The problem is the pricing,I need to be sure they're not over charging me as I know little to nothing about app development,My specialization is in web development.
The first guy says 400k last.
While the other says 1.2M last.
My problem goes thus:
1:is the first guy just broke or offering a poor job?
2:is the 2nd guy just expensive and won't offer anything better than the first guy?
3:what truly is the range I should be expecting?

Because I can build web for 30k and build the same for 70k,depending on how broke or busy I'm or how the person appears...
Just help a broke brother.

NB:I don't have 1.2m to pay the 2nd guy,But if I'm sure he's the one with the magic,I can wait a bit to find money.
Thank you.
Ask for their past projects.
Re: Mobile Application Developer Price. by SilverG33k(m): 9:04pm On May 04, 2019
A firm wanted to hire me for recently, I actually turned it down. They wanted to start building games

Well, I'm basically an Android app developer, nothing more, nothing less... With my own idea, building a game requires high computing power, firstly my system can't handle it, I use 4gb 1.8ghz AMD system and I can't comman kill myself.

Secondly, don't just ask for apps they've created ,ask for recent games they did, game and app are different things, don't be surprised if neither of them can even do what you actually want

Thirdly, game development isn't a one man job, it depends on the kind of game you're thinking of tho... If you're planning a big game, you'll prolly need bigger crew... Ask those guys if they will be building it themselves or they have a team

3 Likes

Re: Mobile Application Developer Price. by pol23: 10:00pm On May 05, 2019
SilverG33k:
A firm wanted to hire me for recently, I actually turned it down. They wanted to start building games

Well, I'm basically an Android app developer, nothing more, nothing less... With my own idea, building a game requires high computing power, firstly my system can't handle it, I use 4gb 1.8ghz AMD system and I can't comman kill myself.

Secondly, don't just ask for apps they've created ,ask for recent games they did, game and app are different things, don't be surprised if neither of them can even do what you actually want

Thirdly, game development isn't a one man job, it depends on the kind of game you're thinking of tho... If you're planning a big game, you'll prolly need bigger crew... Ask those guys if they will be building it themselves or they have a team

Noted.
Another question for your lordship: I heard there's a server that the App will be running on ,Where it will be querying database and its storage... And also that it attract a monthly charges and it can be more than I might earn through google Adsense..
Re: Mobile Application Developer Price. by SilverG33k(m): 10:56pm On May 05, 2019
pol23:

Noted.
Another question for your lordship: I heard there's a server that the App will be running on ,Where it will be querying database and its storage... And also that it attract a monthly charges and it can be more than I might earn through google Adsense..

Well, I can't properly answer this question however here is my say...

You mentioned that you're a web developer so bandwidth, CPU usage shouldn't be new to you... Let's take it step by step, how many players do you plan having? How often is the server being accessed when playing the game....

Example, android game pes 19 is an online game, data is being exchanged before actual gameplay and after gameplay, which means during the gameplay, no data is exchanged... You can even switch off your data

Dream league online is also an online game too, data is being exchanged during gameplay, this one is harder to archive than the previous example, why? You'll require your players to have fast Internet service, you won't be able to use shared server at all or any low budget server because you need speed and ability to handle multiple requests from multiple users simultaneously

Find out how often your game is going to be communicating with the server and estimate how much the server would cost....

Again, I'm not a game developer and this isn't a professional advice, I'm just using my idea of a very simple online game I did some years ago
Re: Mobile Application Developer Price. by pol23: 4:50am On May 06, 2019
SilverG33k:

Well, I can't properly answer this question however here is my say...

You mentioned that you're a web developer so bandwidth, CPU usage shouldn't be new to you... Let's take it step by step, how many players do you plan having? How often is the server being accessed when playing the game....

Example, android game pes 19 is an online game, data is being exchanged before actual gameplay and after gameplay, which means during the gameplay, no data is exchanged... You can even switch off your data

Dream league online is also an online game too, data is being exchanged during gameplay, this one is harder to archive than the previous example, why? You'll require your players to have fast Internet service, you won't be able to use shared server at all or any low budget server because you need speed and ability to handle multiple requests from multiple users simultaneously

Find out how often your game is going to be communicating with the server and estimate how much the server would cost....

Again, I'm not a game developer and this isn't a professional advice, I'm just using my idea of a very simple online game I did some years ago
Thank you.
Very valuable contribution.
Re: Mobile Application Developer Price. by paulnewplay: 6:27am On May 06, 2019
@pol123
I have some enquiries for you guyz. https://www.nairaland.com/5171494/questions-android-developers
Re: Mobile Application Developer Price. by paulnewplay: 6:28am On May 06, 2019
@pol23 @@silverg33k I have some enquiries for you guyz. https://www.nairaland.com/5171494/questions-android-developers
Re: Mobile Application Developer Price. by zum19: 1:16pm On May 10, 2019
Gaming is expensive my friend and you guys will just load the developer with crazy features you saw in your dream or somewhere else. We go burst your head with price before.

(1) (Reply)

Database Normalization And Complex Queries Tutorial / Moving On To J2EE / Creating Mobile Apps As A Tool For Creating More Job In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.