Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,091 members, 7,835,672 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 01:17 PM

Starting Your Own Accounting Firm In Nigeria - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Starting Your Own Accounting Firm In Nigeria (2464 Views)

Is NLNG The Highest Paying Oil And Gas Firm In Nigeria? / My Plight With A Recruiting Firm / Any Accounting Firm For I.T In Lagos? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Starting Your Own Accounting Firm In Nigeria by Nobody: 4:02pm On Jun 01, 2016
Today I began to wonder why there is little or relatively no information about starting an audit, tax and advisory firm from the stratch and building an empire out of it.
So, I put this question forward to all Accountants,
What are the pros and cons of running an accounting firm?
How does a young entrepreneur start his own firm?
Owners of accounting firm in the house, those who have passion to start their and yet lack information and motivation, come let's discuss.
Has anyone here tried before?

1 Like

Re: Starting Your Own Accounting Firm In Nigeria by Olusharp(m): 6:53pm On Jun 01, 2016
optimusmind:
Today I began to wonder why there is little or relatively no information about starting an audit, tax and advisory firm from the stratch and building an empire out of it.
So, I put this question forward to all Accountants,
What are the pros and cons of running an accounting firm?
How does a young entrepreneur start his own firm?
Owners of accounting firm in the house, those who have passion to start their and yet lack information and motivation, come let's discuss.
Has anyone here tried before?
starting an accounting firm is not a task you just wake up to start..it is not about those theories learnt in school but the real matter is practising.. Starting an accounting firm you have to atleast be a member of ICAN for people to take you credible and you must also sought for other cert from the likes of CITM etc. and you need experience. And you need to be updated..we are no longer in era of recording in books if you don't know anything about micro soft excel,epl like Sage,quick book,tally etc then forget it...
Re: Starting Your Own Accounting Firm In Nigeria by Nobody: 6:51am On Jun 02, 2016
Olusharp:
starting an accounting firm is not a task you just wake up to start..it is not about those theories learnt in school but the real matter is practising.. Starting an accounting firm you have to atleast be a member of ICAN for people to take you credible and you must also sought for other cert from the likes of CITM etc. and you need experience. And you need to be updated..we are no longer in era of recording in books if you don't know anything about micro soft excel,epl like Sage,quick book,tally etc then forget it...

Thanks....
Do you know anyone in the business?

(1) (Reply)

E Trazact Vs Interswitch- Working Conditions / A Contract With Total Subject To Renewal (500k/month)vs Permanent Job In Bank / A Staff Of Ecart Services (jumia Nigeria) Died At Work Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.