Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,777 members, 7,955,967 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 08:01 PM

A Contract With Total Subject To Renewal (500k/month)vs Permanent Job In Bank - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / A Contract With Total Subject To Renewal (500k/month)vs Permanent Job In Bank (2484 Views)

He Wants To Abandon His Masters Degree Programme For A Contract Job In Bank. / Osun Lecturer Faints In Bank After Finding N150 As February Salary In Account / 40k Monthly Permanent Job Or 80k Monthly Contract Job. Which Would You Choose? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Contract With Total Subject To Renewal (500k/month)vs Permanent Job In Bank by kwokwo: 11:45am On Jul 24, 2012
Please advice.My friend got a contract Job with Total Upstream with 500k/month subject to renewal and he is presently working with a bank earning abut 170k/month.He is confused.Please house advice
Re: A Contract With Total Subject To Renewal (500k/month)vs Permanent Job In Bank by blackbalang(f): 9:05pm On Jul 24, 2012
Although contract jobs are a lil shaky with Total, they are far better than banking jobs. Look @ the banking sector 2day, u'll see that no one is safe there. Total jobs ( sum level of contract staff that am aware of) cums with accomodation( usually hotels), feeding and other benefits. I'll rather work with total that pays 500k than a bank that pays the same 500k. You just have to work really hard

1 Like

Re: A Contract With Total Subject To Renewal (500k/month)vs Permanent Job In Bank by AjanleKoko: 9:18am On Jul 25, 2012
Take the Total job.
More money, for one. One can always use the extra cash. Then, it's a new environment.
Re: A Contract With Total Subject To Renewal (500k/month)vs Permanent Job In Bank by kwokwo: 9:42am On Jul 25, 2012
thanks for the advice...pls more response.He confirmed the packages includes:accommodation,leave,medical,pension,insurance,13th month salary etc....The package is the same with permament staff .the diff is that is tagged"contract"
Re: A Contract With Total Subject To Renewal (500k/month)vs Permanent Job In Bank by 2sexy(m): 12:43pm On Jul 25, 2012
I would go for the contract job if I were in his shoes because the pay with Total far outweigh that of a bank. But I would also advice that he put do a concrete plan on ground should incase the contract is terminated or come to an end.

But, I wouldn't mind if you kindly share with me how he got the job at Total. I am a fresh graduate from PTI and I would really need a tip or two that could help along the way in my job hunt. My email is in my signature (doyen2fine @ gmail . Com). Thank you in advance.
Re: A Contract With Total Subject To Renewal (500k/month)vs Permanent Job In Bank by mcstan18(m): 8:08am On Jul 28, 2012
2sexy: I would go for the contract job if I were in his shoes because the pay with Total far outweigh that of a bank. But I would also advice that he put do a concrete plan on ground should incase the contract is terminated or come to an end.

But, I wouldn't mind if you kindly share with me how he got the job at Total. I am a fresh graduate from PTI and I would really need a tip or two that could help along the way in my job hunt. My email is in my signature (doyen2fine @ gmail . Com). Thank you in advance.

Just be ready to start receiving scam mails from 'virtual' ladies with that address you just exposed
Re: A Contract With Total Subject To Renewal (500k/month)vs Permanent Job In Bank by 2sexy(m): 10:34am On Jul 28, 2012
mcstan_18:

Just be ready to start receiving scam mails from 'virtual' ladies with that address you just exposed

I know bro. Them don try in the past and don retire na. . . I don't fall for that crap. My spam folder is always alert. Thanks btw.

(1) (Reply)

Unable To Access Funds In My Account / Wonderful Opportunity In Real Estate Biz -Admission Open Strictly For Passionate / If It Were U.....(UBA Recruitment Gone Bad)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.