Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,495 members, 7,812,530 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:50 PM

Diamond Bank I S Sacking Staff, Ecobank Too... This, That....lesson LEARNT - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Diamond Bank I S Sacking Staff, Ecobank Too... This, That....lesson LEARNT (600 Views)

Globacom Denies Sacking Female Staff Due To Marital Status / First Bank, Whtycleon Sacking Staff Massively / Diamond Bank Sacking Staff This Morning (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Diamond Bank I S Sacking Staff, Ecobank Too... This, That....lesson LEARNT by olaolu39(m): 5:57pm On Jun 01, 2016
Over a couple of months, there's this news of mass sacking in top companies...how do you feel, especially those affected...

Well, in my own opinion I personally feel its time for our youths to stand up against this both in thought and activities

I'm not directly affected but here are my lessons:

1. Employers nowadays, asides the fact that the economy is bad prefers to pay you just according to your service rendered but not pay you by norm.

This is why I rather preach to sell your idea to a company and not seek employment

2. It is not new that when you work for a company, company suck your potentials in such a way that you give more than you are being paid.
Further to this, you deplete in value when you reach your elastic limit and start depreciating. Once you are -1, then you are good to be sacked.

I bet you, an asset to a company can never be sacked
STRIVE TO BE AN INDEPENDENT WORKER

3. It is not very likely for one to become indispensable to a company...No One like God...but every man has a replacement.
When you are getting to the top, it gets tougher...
Please set a time frame from day 1 of your employment.
Most of us enjoy it when we climb the ladder of our career and begin to aim for higher salary. No company loves this, they only have no choice.
LESSON: In this type of generation, write down the day you plan to leave a company from your day 1.
This will enable you to plan further and not forget yourself on the sit, stagnant and under achieving,

4. When you feel its wrong to leave a job when you have not gotten another.
Well, my take on this is that whenever you suspect any uncertainty in your present job, don't wait to be sacked.
people that got sacked never had any plan. But when you get your company sacked, you must have prepared for at least something, this will make you better of and not worse off, or at least pareto optimal.
I'm sure some would say its risky.

5. Finally, Watch and pray... don't be fooled by anybody. Watch your back, be observant and take a calculated risk. Working for someone does not last forever. Get a life instead and stop living another man's life.

to be continued......
Re: Diamond Bank I S Sacking Staff, Ecobank Too... This, That....lesson LEARNT by Flexherbal(m): 6:45pm On Jun 01, 2016
Being your own boss is still the best.

(1) (Reply)

Be A World-class Chartered Accountant / Solved / Please Help A Sister Career. # Shamelessly Begging

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.