Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,733 members, 7,827,686 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 03:13 PM

Military Warns Avengers End Hostilities Ahead Buharis Trip Ogoniland - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Military Warns Avengers End Hostilities Ahead Buharis Trip Ogoniland (1406 Views)

Military Warns Against Boko Haram Terrorist Escapees / Amina Mohammed Visits Giniwa Of Ogoniland / The Maritime University At The Centre Of Renewed Niger Delta Hostilities-AFP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Military Warns Avengers End Hostilities Ahead Buharis Trip Ogoniland by khalifjgusau(m): 9:02pm On Jun 01, 2016
Nigeria’s Defence Headquarters on Wednesday issued a warning to militants and oil pipeline vandals across the
Niger Delta, saying the nation’s military would not abandon the confidence reposed in it by Nigerians. The warning came ahead of President Muhammadu Buhari’s trip to the region on Thursday. It also came hours after the militant group, Niger Delta Avengers, claimed responsibility for the destruction of two oil wells belonging to Chevron Corporation. “The Defence Headquarters wishes to emphasize that the Nigerian Armed Forces will
not relent in their efforts to flush out economic saboteurs masquerading under whatever guise to perpetuate evils in the Niger Delta,” Rabe Abubakar, the Acting Director of Defence Information said in a statement. The Avengers, a new militant group that has claimed responsibility for a string of attacks on oil and gas installations across the Niger Delta since February, wrote on its Twitter page that it blew up
the Chevron wells in the early hours of Wednesday. “With the heavy presence of 100 gunboats, 4 warships and jet bombers, NDA blew up Chevron oil wells RMP 23 and RMP 24 3:44 a.m. this morning,” the group tweeted. The group also ridiculed the Nigerian military, saying its successful activities had shown “the whole world that Nigeria military is good in harassing innocent civilians”. In his statement, Mr. Abubakar said the military would not be intimidated by the tactics of the suspected militants. “The military is not unmindful of the campaign of calumny against our soldiers by paid agents claiming that soldiers are harassing members of the public while performing their constitutional responsibility,” Mr. Abubakar, a brigadier-general, said. “It is pertinent to state that it is the same group of people that are wreaking havoc on the critical national
assets that are blackmailing the Armed Forces and other security agencies to divert attention.” The military denied that it was harassing innocent people in Niger Delta communities. “The security measure put in place is not meant to intimidate any innocent individuals but to bring normalcy to our land. We urge the communities and well meaning Nigerians to cooperate with the security agencies in their bid to apprehend the perpetrators.” Mr. Abubakar, therefore, reinstated military’s commitment to discharge its duties within the ambiance of the law. “The military and other security agencies will continue to discharge their lawful duties in the Niger Delta and any other part of the country in a most professional manner devoid of the claim by the criminal elements of harassment, intimidation and arrest. Our job is to secure infrastructural facilities and property of innocent citizens as well as containing the activities of criminal.” Mr. Buhari’s journey would take him to Ogoniland where he is expected to flag-off the cleanup of the area which has been polluted for decades as a result of oil exploration there.

1 Like

Re: Military Warns Avengers End Hostilities Ahead Buharis Trip Ogoniland by zico530(m): 9:05pm On Jun 01, 2016
Must the military be so cowed to respond to any threat from that avengers?

4 Likes

Re: Military Warns Avengers End Hostilities Ahead Buharis Trip Ogoniland by Nobody: 9:07pm On Jun 01, 2016
Okayyy
Re: Military Warns Avengers End Hostilities Ahead Buharis Trip Ogoniland by khalifjgusau(m): 9:14pm On Jun 01, 2016
Re: Military Warns Avengers End Hostilities Ahead Buharis Trip Ogoniland by Luckylife(m): 9:27pm On Jun 01, 2016
Nigerians are watching !
Re: Military Warns Avengers End Hostilities Ahead Buharis Trip Ogoniland by BudeYahooCom: 9:45pm On Jun 01, 2016
Power ultimately rests with the people. The people MUST NOT fear the government. Never! That's victory for tyranny! Rather the government must fear the people, because that's true LIBERTY!

Any president who wants to be a tyrant must prepare to Rule over only his ethnic group and willing slaves PEACEFULLY.
When he is ready for inclusive governance and stop seeing others as conquered booty then we can all have an understanding. Till then everyone must stand where they stand.

6 Likes

Re: Military Warns Avengers End Hostilities Ahead Buharis Trip Ogoniland by chivic(m): 9:55pm On Jun 01, 2016
just as I never supported Jonathan to visit the North east during the hay days of Boko Haram, I also do not sopport Buhari to visit Ogoni land for now. It's not cowardice but wisdom.

6 Likes

Re: Military Warns Avengers End Hostilities Ahead Buharis Trip Ogoniland by chivic(m): 9:56pm On Jun 01, 2016
just as I never supported Jonathan to visit the North east during the hay days of Boko Haram, I also do not sopport Buhari to visit Ogoni land for now. It's not cowardice bit wisdom.

He should send Osibaba as usual

1 Like

Re: Military Warns Avengers End Hostilities Ahead Buharis Trip Ogoniland by Jirate(m): 10:03pm On Jun 01, 2016
chivic:
just as I never supported Jonathan to visit the North east during the hay days of Boko Haram, I also do not sopport Buhari to visit Ogoni land for now. It's not cowardice bit wisdom.

Are You one of them, is every one in the Niger Delta an NDA member?

1 Like

Re: Military Warns Avengers End Hostilities Ahead Buharis Trip Ogoniland by eshietIntrepid(m): 10:16pm On Jun 01, 2016
Pls check bubu ear very well, I no want hear another infection.
Re: Military Warns Avengers End Hostilities Ahead Buharis Trip Ogoniland by mbaboy(m): 11:33pm On Jun 01, 2016
When the Niger delta avengers want to attack oil installations they don't make noise, u only hear the news after the attack. Nigerian military should learn how to talk less and act more

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Military Warns Avengers End Hostilities Ahead Buharis Trip Ogoniland by chivic(m): 12:31am On Jun 02, 2016
Jirate:

Are You one of them, is every one in the Niger Delta an NDA member?

I can not be a member of a senseless course where in attempting to frustrate my perceived enemy,I'm destroying my people's inheritance and the future occupation of others
Re: Military Warns Avengers End Hostilities Ahead Buharis Trip Ogoniland by dechriscool(m): 12:38am On Jun 02, 2016
I have made my point before and I keep on emphasizing on it.
The Niger Delta Avengers can't be handled with violence cos Violence will breed a bigger Violence.
Bros Bubu do a round table dialogue to restructure this country.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Military Warns Avengers End Hostilities Ahead Buharis Trip Ogoniland by laprince(m): 12:58am On Jun 02, 2016
warning warners.
This Naija military self.
Re: Military Warns Avengers End Hostilities Ahead Buharis Trip Ogoniland by OreMI22: 1:28am On Jun 02, 2016
[size=15pt][b]This our funny military sef! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

person wey you no fit catch, you are telling him to stop his struggle for freedom because Buhari is coming to do crocodile tears for exploitation of Niger Delta and using the money to develop the north? Go and stop the avengers nah.. grin grin grin grin grin grin

The problem with Nigeria is the structure and how revenue is shared among the three tiers of government. Nigerians have provided a recipe of how to solve the imbalance in the system through the 2014 National CONFAB report.Niger delta leaders provided a roadmap of how to invest in strategic areas so that the region's resource derivation will be at least the 50% which the North,East and West collected in the 1960s for their resources. Nigerians debated hard and came to amicable resolutions. Why should Buhari discard the report like piece of trash?

Buhari will do more good for Nigeria by implementing the CONFAB report than going to a polluted creek and making empty promises that he has no intention of keeping.[/b]
[/size]

4 Likes

Re: Military Warns Avengers End Hostilities Ahead Buharis Trip Ogoniland by Samtob90(m): 3:35am On Jun 02, 2016
BudeYahooCom:
Power ultimately rests with the people. The people MUST NOT fear the government. Never! That's victory for tyranny! Rather the government must fear the people, because that's true LIBERTY!

Any president who wants to be a tyrant must prepare to Rule over only his ethnic group and willing slaves PEACEFULLY.
When he is ready for inclusive governance and stop seeing others as conquered booty then we can all have an understanding. Till then everyone must stand where they stand.

Define tyranny and explain its features. I need to see your cgpa to know how I will rate your comment.
You people just pick your phones and type
Re: Military Warns Avengers End Hostilities Ahead Buharis Trip Ogoniland by babdap: 5:21am On Jun 02, 2016
Only the sturborn Flies follow shit to grave.
Re: Military Warns Avengers End Hostilities Ahead Buharis Trip Ogoniland by BudeYahooCom: 5:49am On Jun 02, 2016
Samtob90:

Define tyranny and explain its features. I need to see your cgpa to know how I will rate your comment.
You people just pick your phones and type

Have you ever stepped into a classroom in your lifetime? even an empty one? I doubt it!

(1) (Reply)

18% Of Anambra Children Suffer From Malnutrition - NGO / Budget Padding: Dogara Begs President Buhari Over Scandal / Eric Joyce Writes Again About Nigeria. May 21, 2107

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.