Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,521 members, 7,954,975 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 01:31 PM

Why The SE And SS Must Thank Buhari. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why The SE And SS Must Thank Buhari. (1452 Views)

The SE And SS Will Vote Atiku / SE And SS Will Support Northerners To Remove Osinbajo If Anything Happens To PMB / Why Is Islam Not A Dominant Religion In Se And Ss? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why The SE And SS Must Thank Buhari. by BudeYahooCom: 6:28am On Jun 02, 2016
For years after the civil war, the Oil producing regions were cosmetically carved out and sequestered from their blood brothers and cousins in Igboland by the fulani military junta. This was done in a bid to weaken them and clear the coasts for these fulani to have their hands on the resources therein without being challenged.

An unconventional term 'South-south' was added into nigeria geography textbooks and for years they tried convincing us that Onitsha is more easternly than Calabar which shares a border with Cameroun on the easternmost part nigeria.

When the fulani leaders incite their people in the north to kill Christian 'nyamiris' (Igbos), Ijaws, Efiks, Ogonis, Isokos, Urhobos, Itsekiris are all termed 'inyamiris' and killed in the north but whenever it was time to have their hands in oil, the term SS springs out.

The 2015 elections changed all that as Buhari after winning with a very slim margin, declared that these brothers are one the same in political temperament and will be marginalized badly. He called them 5%ers since they collectively gave him only 5% of their votes. This we can not deny has united these brothers who represent majority of the south much to chagrin of the fulanis and their lackeys in the SW.

It is now clear that nigeria's survival is dependent on these blood brothers and cousins seeing themselves as sworn enemies while the strange fulanis loot away their resources.

2 Likes

Re: Why The SE And SS Must Thank Buhari. by QuotaSystem: 6:37am On Jun 02, 2016
You must think the Niger Deltans are silly to release their birthright and resources to Ibos because a certain Fulani President 'called you all 5%' with his mouth.

If they seek secession, they will be supported to form their own republic. Only a deluded mind would assume that they will agree to become another minority in Biafra under a greedy majority because of such a flimsy reason.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why The SE And SS Must Thank Buhari. by galaxy4rep(m): 6:42am On Jun 02, 2016
rubbish !

2 Likes

Re: Why The SE And SS Must Thank Buhari. by Nobody: 7:43am On Jun 02, 2016
so many peeps really got bruised because of the last elections.
Yorubas are now lackeys because they refused to vote for Jonathan's second term in office,a man they campaigned,supported and led a protest for, before and during his first taste of presidency.
so many immatured emotional fools!
the yorubas/northerners that refused to vote for buhari/bakare during 2011elections should be called what?
how are urhobo,Edo,isoko and itsekiri more related to southeasterners than Yorubas.
the same ijaws you now call your brothers were hunted down by your progenitors when they declared Niger Delta republic.
what should we call your fathers that refused to vote for ojukwu(a man that came back to join Hausa/Fulani party after the civil war)but joyfully vote for Hausa and Fulani candidates at the polls.
if secession is allowed your people are going alone.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why The SE And SS Must Thank Buhari. by maximilano: 8:06am On Jun 02, 2016
This biafra thing is difficult to achieve because the Igbos are their own enemies, they are;
1. Not United on the issue, so many of them have a lot to lose.
2. Are getting it wrong thinking the SS will support their cause.
3. Secession can't be achieved on the basis of hatred, they simply don't have any excuse that's not linked to hatred.

I don't have anything against them, I'm just making comments based on my observation.
I really wish they can get it.

1 Like

Re: Why The SE And SS Must Thank Buhari. by eshietIntrepid(m): 8:09am On Jun 02, 2016
You need to stop smoking weed.

1 Like

Re: Why The SE And SS Must Thank Buhari. by OfoIgbo: 8:39am On Jun 02, 2016
QuotaSystem:
You must think the Niger Deltans are silly to release their birthright and resources to Ibos because a certain Fulani President 'called you all 5%' with his mouth.

If they seek secession, they will be supported to form their own republic. Only a deluded mind would assume that they will agree to become another minority in Biafra under a greedy majority because of such a flimsy reason.

Nwokem, any new countries, be it Biafra or Niger Delta republic will be determined by a referendum of its proposed constituents.

If Buhari refuses to implement the resolutions of the 2014 conference, easterners will vote on which country they want to belong in. I can assure you that the artificial SS that was implanted by northerners and westerners for oil exploitation reasons, will not be the basis for any Niger Delta republic, nor will Biafra be prevented from laying claim to SS territories that choose to join Biafra.

Also remember that Ijaw territory extends to Ondo state, and if they chose to join their kith and kin in either Biafra or NDR, there is absolutely nothing you can do about it.

Igala and Idoma in the middlebelt will also have a say as to whether they prefer staying in Nigeria or breaking out with Biafra.

As things stand, I know that SE Igbos, Aniomas of Delta and the Igboid groups of Rivers which include the Ndokis, Etches, Ikwerres, Ogbas, Ndonis, Ekpeyes, Omumas, Opobos, Bonny/Ubanis,will be sticking with Biafra.

I know that Efiks and Ibibios are heavily on the Biafran column.

I know that Ijoid groups of Rivers like the Okrikas, Kalabaris, Andonis, Ibanis are 50-50 between Biafra and NDR.

The Ijaws of Bayelsa and Delta may well be about 80% in favour of NDR.

It all depends on how Buhari plays the game. If he proves to be intransigent and totally against restructuring Nigeria, then I'm afraid the above scenario will play out

7 Likes

Re: Why The SE And SS Must Thank Buhari. by Nobody: 8:59am On Jun 02, 2016
OfoIgbo:

Nwokem, any new countries, be it Biafra or Niger Delta republic will be determined by a referendum of its proposed constituents.

If Buhari refuses to implement the resolutions of the 2014 conference, easterners will vote on which country they want to belong in. I can assure you that the artificial SS that was implanted by northerners and westerners for oil exploitation reasons, will not be the basis for any Niger Delta republic, nor will Biafra be prevented from laying claim to SS territories that choose to join Biafra.

Also remember that Ijaw territory extends to Ondo state, and if they chose to join their kith and kin in either Biafra or NDR, there is absolutely nothing you can do about it.

Igala and Idoma in the middlebelt will also have a say as to whether they prefer staying in Nigeria or breaking out with Biafra.

As things stand, I know that SE Igbos, Aniomas of Delta and the Igboid groups of Rivers which include the Ndokis, Etches, Ikwerres, Ogbas, Ndonis, Ekpeyes, Omumas, Opobos, Bonny/Ubanis,will be sticking with Biafra.

I know that Efiks and Ibibios are heavily on the Biafran column.

I know that Ijoid groups of Rivers like the Okrikas, Kalabaris, Andonis, Ibanis are 50-50 between Biafra and NDR.

The Ijaws of Bayelsa and Delta may well be about 80% in favour of NDR.

It all depends on how Buhari plays the game. If he proves to be intransigent and totally against restructuring Nigeria, then I'm afraid the above scenario will play out
why are you folks like this
how did northerners/westerners implant ss for oil purpose when in history they always wanted to have their regions,
westerners created Ministry of Midwest because the tribes in Edo and delta region wanted a region of their own, the midwersterners(now Edo and Delta) later got their midwest region,later bendel state.
the Southern minorities in present day Rivers/Bayelsa/Cross-River and Akwa Ibom states at that time were agitating for Rivers and Calabar region, the Eastern Region not only opposed it but didn't give any special ministry to at least pacify them.
why are guys bent on vilifying Yorubas,did Yorubas also implant Niger Delta republic in adaka boro's head,that ironsi later crushed and arrested the secessionists.
haba diaris God o
Re: Why The SE And SS Must Thank Buhari. by OfoIgbo: 4:56pm On Jun 02, 2016
krazykoons:
why are you folks like this
how did northerners/westerners implant ss for oil purpose when in history they always wanted to have their regions,
westerners created Ministry of Midwest because the tribes in Edo and delta region wanted a region of their own, the midwersterners(now Edo and Delta) later got their midwest region,later bendel state.
the Southern minorities in present day Rivers/Bayelsa/Cross-River and Akwa Ibom states at that time were agitating for Rivers and Calabar region, the Eastern Region not only opposed it but didn't give any special ministry to at least pacify them.
why are guys bent on vilifying Yorubas,did Yorubas also implant Niger Delta republic in adaka boro's head,that ironsi later crushed and arrested the secessionists.
haba diaris God o

Maybe you think I am one of those you can bamboozle with inaccurate info.
Awolowo fought tooth and nail to prevent the creation of Midwest region. Osadebe, Oba Akenzua et al fought so hard for it. NCNC obviously supported them.

Fast forward to the present day, Igbos are not against the Niger Delta republic. In fact, if Biafra were to break away, even if Ijaws don't wanna join Biafra, I will encourage them to consider NDR, so they are not stuck in Nigeria with other easterners gone. That will really be suicidal if they were to remain in Nigeria without the other easterners.

The main thing is that a popular referendum will determine where the various ethnic groups will be.
I know you guys think Igbos are after the SS oil, but that is furthest from the truth. Igbos have abundant oil in Delta, Rivers, imo, Abia, Anambra. And Igbos are by far, ahead of any other ethnic group when it comes to gas reserves.

It is good being a part of a bigger entity, which is why Buhari will be doing Nigeria a favour by implementing the 2014 national conference resolutions, or else Nigeria will break up

3 Likes

Re: Why The SE And SS Must Thank Buhari. by Nobody: 5:16pm On Jun 02, 2016
OfoIgbo:

Maybe you think I am one of those you can bamboozle with inaccurate info.
Awolowo fought tooth and nail to prevent the creation of Midwest region. Osadebe, Oba Akenzua et al fought so hard for it. NCNC obviously supported them.

Fast forward to the present day, Igbos are not against the Niger Delta republic. In fact, if Biafra were to break away, even if Ijaws don't wanna join Biafra, I will encourage them to consider NDR, so they are not stuck in Nigeria with other easterners gone. That will really be suicidal if they were to remain in Nigeria without the other easterners.

The main thing is that a popular referendum will determine where the various ethnic groups will be.
I know you guys think Igbos are after the SS oil, but that is furthest from the truth. Igbos have abundant oil in Delta, Rivers, imo, Abia, Anambra. And Igbos are by far, ahead of any other ethnic group when it comes to gas reserves.

It is good being a part of a bigger entity, which is why Buhari will be doing Nigeria a favour by implementing the 2014 national conference resolutions, or else Nigeria will break up
shut it and tell me why you denied the minorities in your region,their freedom,why did you arrest adaka boro.
and how are Yorubas against Niger Delta freedom,are people taught at home to parrot,Yoruba is our problem cliché.
Re: Why The SE And SS Must Thank Buhari. by OfoIgbo: 6:21pm On Jun 02, 2016
krazykoons:
shut it and tell me why you denied the minorities in your region,their freedom,why did you arrest adaka boro.
and how are Yorubas against Niger Delta freedom,are people taught at home to parrot,Yoruba is our problem cliché.

It is like me asking the southern minorities why they took over Igbo properties in PH, or why Adaka Boro killed Biafrans during the war.
When I get to heaven I will ask Azikiwe, Boro, Ironsi et al and of course Diette-Spiff these questions

Please why did Major Okuntimo, a notorious Yoruba soldier, slaughter Ogonis during the reign of Abacha?

Why did Yorubas fight tooth and nail to bring in a clearly bigoted president in the person of Mumuhammadu Bubuhari in place of GEJ.
Don't even bother giving me that marginalisation rubbish, afterall GEJ, the SE and SS legislators attempted to hoist a SWner as the speaker of the house, but Yorubas who are ever the slavish lapdogs of the northerners, teamed up with the north to scuttle the idea

4 Likes

Re: Why The SE And SS Must Thank Buhari. by Nobody: 6:44pm On Jun 02, 2016
OfoIgbo:

It is like me asking the southern minorities why they took over Igbo properties in PH, or why Adaka Boro killed Biafrans during the war.
When I get to heaven I will ask Azikiwe, Boro, Ironsi et al and of course Diette-Spiff these questions

Please why did Major Okuntimo, a notorious Yoruba soldier, slaughter Ogonis during the reign of Abacha?

Why did Yorubas fight tooth and nail to bring in a clearly bigoted president in the person of Mumuhammadu Bubuhari in place of GEJ.
Don't even bother giving me that marginalisation rubbish, afterall GEJ, the SE and SS legislators attempted to hoist a SWner as the speaker of the house, but Yorubas who are ever the slavish lapdogs of the northerners, teamed up with the north to scuttle the idea
were you people raised to hate yorubas,its also like asking you why are your people tired of Nigeria all of a sudden,because your ancestors were the early compatriots,when it was obvious the Union was going to fail
your comments shows how myopic you reason,Yoruba fought tooth and nail to bring buhari in?
why didn't they do that during 2011 who did they give their votes too,is it not the same goodluck against buhari and bakare (another Yoruba pastor).
pls come up with another story
and about been slavish,boy please,we all know which tribe have are at the whims and caprices of any Nigeria tribe.
Re: Why The SE And SS Must Thank Buhari. by Qelvin(m): 7:01pm On Jun 02, 2016
Yolubas no go die on top this Biafra matter, day in day out they open threads and spew one nonsense after another...are this pathetic leeches scared of something?? I mean if Igbos add no values to your individual and collective lives...then why are so you guys so susceptible to undisguised paranoia whenever Biafra is discussed? Now their new school of thought is that Igbos want to tag along with the Niger delta cause of its oil...forgetting its the so called Niger deltans who are all over the social media threatening war and even an attempt on the presidents life just because of Biafrans killed in Onitsha...nobody coerced them to do that...secondly there are Igbos in the so called South South and we don't even need to be politically correct on this fact...so its only natural for every Igbo to have a vested interest in the affairs of the so called SS...

4 Likes

Re: Why The SE And SS Must Thank Buhari. by todayboy: 7:10pm On Jun 02, 2016
They should thank him for ringing lawma to ogoni land abi
Fake clean up
Re: Why The SE And SS Must Thank Buhari. by tsdarkside(m): 7:37pm On Jun 02, 2016
QuotaSystem:

dont mind am....rubbish-people....

he is a graduate of university-of-radio-biafra................

1 Like

Re: Why The SE And SS Must Thank Buhari. by ayzTIGER: 7:45pm On Jun 02, 2016
QuotaSystem:

you pained Yoruba all we ask for is Biafra just to be on our own and manage our resources regionally. We are not forcefully dragging none of our brothers from Delta areas to join us. Deal with it you oil parasite

1 Like

Re: Why The SE And SS Must Thank Buhari. by temptnow: 7:45pm On Jun 02, 2016
Amala people are always commenting on other people's headache. They might want their Biafra, we want our Niger Delta republic. We can't be with you people and Fulanis. If you notice our culture and yours are far different. We don't want to be in Nigeria . If biafran leave, we are also leaving. You Yorubas share the same culture with the Northerners so you people will do well with them.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Pic Of Ojo Maduekwe & Osita Chidoka Riding Bicycle On Street Of Abuja In 2014 / Nnamdi Kanu Set To Renounce Biafra? You Need To Read This! / VP Osinbajo And Wife Dolapo Holds Hands In Public

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.