Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,475 members, 7,819,732 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:55 PM

Ikpeazu: A Workman And His Tools - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ikpeazu: A Workman And His Tools (9194 Views)

JUST IN!!! Ikpeazu, A Very Big Disgrace To Ndigbo & Humanity - IPOB / BREAKING: Federal High Court Abuja DENIES Ikpeazu A Stay Of Execution! / High Court Sacks Okezie Ikpeazu From Office (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ikpeazu: A Workman And His Tools by copley: 6:29am On Jun 02, 2016
How time flies! One year is gone, just like yesterday! It is a time of stocktaking and Governor Okezie Ikpeazu of Abia State is stepping out to the village square, his scorecard in his hands, to show himself approved a workman that needs not be ashamed. He has, with every zeal and energy, taken the tide at the flood and it is today clear where the Abia journey is headed. If you take the tide at the flood, as Shakespeare reasoned over 500 years ago, the journey “leads to fortune”. But, omitted, “all the voyage is bound in shallows and in miseries”. In just one year, Ikpeazu has laid solid foundations for a new political culture in Abia State. He has given political power a new meaning as a call to service.

This new value re-orientation is permeating every facet of public service in the state today. The personality of the leader in power is robbing off on the way and manner government business is conducted and the result is that in just one year, the governor is brandishing a scorecard of excellent performance. He is flaunting 65 construction works, out of which 27 have been dully commissioned. This is in addition to having executed a massive de-silting of drainages, gutters and storm waterways in Aba. He raised the bar in quality and innovation in road construction by introducing rigid pavement technology also known as cement technology into the lexicon of road construction in Abia.

This is because roads constructed with this technology have a sustainability guarantee of 10 to 20 years. The city of Aba has also been a major focus of the Ikpeazu administration in the last one year. This has involved a total repositioning that encompassed infrastructural renewal, trade and investment, rebranding and capacity building. To achieve this, he created the Aba Urban Renewal Authority and the body has been the anchor unit for the drive towards the infrastructural renewal of the city. This broad approach in dealing with the issues of Aba has given birth to many tactical actions directed towards developing the latent ingenuity and creativity for which Aba is celebrated.

The Ikpeazu administration has also paid attention to the agric sector. Early in the administration, the government entered into partnership with the Songhai Farms in Porto Novo, Republic of Benin, for the training of 40 youths annually on a train-the-trainer initiative in the entire agricultural value-chain. The state later launched The Return to Farming and Women in Fish Farming Initiative, which is aimed at empowering the youths and women by setting up farming cooperatives which will help drive key government policy as regards agriculture. The government, through the initiative, would make land, finance and training accessible for farmers. The administration followed this up by sourcing N1 billion Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) loan for agricultural revolution. The entire vision is to explore the agric-economy as a support base for the state economy.

There has been a concerted effort towards revitalization of moribund industries. This effort has taken the centre stage in the activities of the governor. He started by embarking on an inspection tour of Golden Guinea Breweries Industry, Umuahia to extract a commitment and an assurance from the core investor that the company will come upstream last May. Government and the investors are collaborating to achieve this time goal. The governor later repeated the same performance at the International Glass Industries, Aba, when he personally visited the site for on the spot assessment of the progress of work by the new management that is working to revamp the moribund industry. Today, the Aba industry has about 400 staff and has commenced partial manufacturing of bottles for pharmaceutical companies. In the last one year, Ikpeazu has also paid attention to rural infrastructural development.

One of the strategies adopted in this regard is the establishment of the Abia State Rural Infrastructure Development Initiative (ASTRIDE). This initiative is aimed at providing at least one project in each of the 184 INEC wards in the 17 local government areas of the state. The idea is close the gap of infrastructural development in the rural areas. Many rural roads are being opened up for easy access to the city. The governor has initiated efforts to link Aba to the sea through the development of the Obuaku City Port. This will give a great boost to Aba as the commercial hub of the South East. With the establishment of the Abia State Markets Development Committee, the governor has conducted a successful review of the status of the markets. Through the Integrated Payroll Verification System (IPVS), he conducted several staff auditing exercises to ascertain the actual strength of the workforce. The state has also recorded huge success in the area of government public finance restructuring.

Through this effort, it has harmonized taxes and levies, eradicated touts and illegal agents in the revenue drive and blocked all leakages and drain pipes through which government finances were being siphoned. Indeed, Ikpeazu is ready to give account of himself. Adindu is Chief Press Secretary to Imo State Governor.

http://www.buzorpages.com/2016/06/ikpeazu-workman-and-his-tools.html

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ikpeazu: A Workman And His Tools by Ebbunwa(m): 6:43am On Jun 02, 2016
I didn't believe in Ikpeazu, because of T.A Orji. But the governor has won the hearts of Abians, Good one. more power to your elbow Sir.

meanwhile I'm ftc, where is the award?

9 Likes

Re: Ikpeazu: A Workman And His Tools by yungpowers(m): 7:15am On Jun 02, 2016
My able Governor.

2 Likes

Re: Ikpeazu: A Workman And His Tools by Emmaoga: 8:23am On Jun 02, 2016
THE MAN REALLY TRIED......EVERY PART OF HIS BODY IS RESPONDING TO MONEY EVEN HIS HEAD.

IT SEEMS HE DO BARB HIS HEAD EVERY 12 HOURS

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ikpeazu: A Workman And His Tools by ogawisdom(m): 8:24am On Jun 02, 2016
Governor okezie is lucky to have ta orji who did nothing as his predecessor BC it makes every little thing he does massive. In one year okezie is still constructing gutter along abayi, aba-owerri and umungasi a distance of less than 4km. His pace of work is slow n I will rate him average for this one year.

For d first time in a long time work is seen going on cool

4 Likes

Re: Ikpeazu: A Workman And His Tools by Lilimax(f): 8:24am On Jun 02, 2016
I pray you do not tow the path of your predecessor - T.A Orji embarassed
Do not listen to Sycophants; walk the talk in the interest of Abians smiley
May God bless your reign.
Re: Ikpeazu: A Workman And His Tools by Emmaoga: 8:26am On Jun 02, 2016
COMPARE THIS MAN HEAD AND THAT OF BUHARI AND TELL ME WHO IS MORE HEALTHY THAN THE OTHER...

LITTLE COMPARISON AND DONT BOW IT UP FOR THE ZOMBIES
Re: Ikpeazu: A Workman And His Tools by bigsam1992(m): 8:26am On Jun 02, 2016
The man really don try.. He beat my expectation
Re: Ikpeazu: A Workman And His Tools by saint047(m): 8:26am On Jun 02, 2016
Let your light shine before men in such a way that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father who is in heaven. -Matthew 5:16

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ikpeazu: A Workman And His Tools by Pstlyecouture: 8:27am On Jun 02, 2016
A brother indeed...proudly OBINGWA
Re: Ikpeazu: A Workman And His Tools by okuego: 8:29am On Jun 02, 2016
amu na gumu ooo
Re: Ikpeazu: A Workman And His Tools by VIPERVENOM(m): 8:29am On Jun 02, 2016
D man is trying. The task at hand is a mighty one so d ppl of abia shouldn't expect an overnight miracle
Re: Ikpeazu: A Workman And His Tools by Emmaoga: 8:30am On Jun 02, 2016
NIGERIANS BE LIKE Liverpool..." YOU WILL NEVER WALK ALONE " and some politicians are walking away with our money and still want us to sing their names like praises

Re: Ikpeazu: A Workman And His Tools by VIPERVENOM(m): 8:31am On Jun 02, 2016
okuego:
amu na gumu ooo

Emmaoga:
COMPARE THIS MAN HEAD AND THAT OF BUHARI AND TELL ME WHO IS MORE HEALTHY THAN THE OTHER...

LITTLE COMPARISON AND DONT BOW IT UP FOR THE ZOMBIES

Re: Ikpeazu: A Workman And His Tools by Pavore9: 8:31am On Jun 02, 2016
Abians are in a better position to appraise him.
Re: Ikpeazu: A Workman And His Tools by tatucci: 8:31am On Jun 02, 2016
Emmaoga:
THE MAN REALLY TRIED......EVERY PART OF HIS BODY IS RESPONDING TO MONEY EVEN HIS HEAD.

but my brother, which kain english be dis na? "...he do barb..." why una no go let me drink water and keep cup?
Re: Ikpeazu: A Workman And His Tools by Ajibel(m): 8:31am On Jun 02, 2016
Ikpeazu please release funds for Enyimba stadium renovation biko. This concerns Aba people no be this yeye sponsored write-up angry angry
Re: Ikpeazu: A Workman And His Tools by osusuallstars: 8:32am On Jun 02, 2016
SO FAR SOOOOO GOOD, BUT TOO EARLY TO JUDGE. ROCHAS DID THE SAME BUT LATER TURNED DEVIL. WELL DONE GOVERNOR, BUT YOU MUST WORK FAULKS ROAD THIS YEAR. MAY GOD HELP YOU
Re: Ikpeazu: A Workman And His Tools by DPricey1(f): 8:38am On Jun 02, 2016
Emmaoga:

Lol, that his head dey shine no be small
Re: Ikpeazu: A Workman And His Tools by Emmaoga: 8:42am On Jun 02, 2016
instead of you to correct me on the word " HEAD " instead of " HAIR"......

where did you stop for Primary school broda.....you dont talk like one that finished jss3
Re: Ikpeazu: A Workman And His Tools by Edubrazilnwa(m): 8:46am On Jun 02, 2016
see I'm big heas......flaunting 65 construction works and faulks rd via Ariaria ain't part of it,Ogbeni gerrarrahia shit mehn,u hear war I'm saying?
beside niggur is owing civil servants 5 months salary now and still counting,abeg mk I'm pay my mumcy we dn already budget dat money 4 sumtin na I'm d delay us ooo

1 Like

Re: Ikpeazu: A Workman And His Tools by Emmaoga: 8:50am On Jun 02, 2016
tatucci:

but my brother, which kain english be dis na? "...he do barb..." why una no go let me drink water and keep cup?

Nigerians self...cant argue with you but others will be laughing at you now..........instead of you to say the word " Hair" instead of ' head ' coz it was an error in typing.......why argue what you dont know.......help your self by completing Jss3 at least
Re: Ikpeazu: A Workman And His Tools by HomeOfMe(f): 8:55am On Jun 02, 2016
copley:

http://www.buzorpages.com/2016/06/ikpeazu-workman-and-his-tools.html
Is he somehow related to Ambode? They seem to look alike a little especially the shape of their head. Is Ambode's mum igbo? I guess not! I love gov.Ambode.
Re: Ikpeazu: A Workman And His Tools by Nobody: 9:07am On Jun 02, 2016
Pstlyecouture:
A brother indeed...proudly OBINGWA

Gbam.
Re: Ikpeazu: A Workman And His Tools by Mrjo(m): 9:14am On Jun 02, 2016
If to rate our 3 governors on their 1st year perfomance ikpazu is the worst bt that aba owerri rd drainage is world class.
Re: Ikpeazu: A Workman And His Tools by donigspain(m): 9:19am On Jun 02, 2016
These praise singers have started again!

You demolish houses, scatter road and yet there is no IMMEDIATE efforts to fix the roads as soon as possible.

Below is Ibadan street just few days ago. Just go on twitter and search for #SaveAba and see for yourself.

1 Like

Re: Ikpeazu: A Workman And His Tools by Bimpe29: 9:19am On Jun 02, 2016
I am not from Abia State, neither I belong to South-Eastern Nigeria, but a patriotic Nigerian. So, with what I read of the developmental happenings and visions in Abia, I am happy with His Excellency, Governor Ikpeazu's committment and purposeful leadership.
Three Gbosa!!! for Ikpeazu, Government and people of Abia State.
I hope these committment, seriousness and selflessness are replicated across the country.
Re: Ikpeazu: A Workman And His Tools by selfmade22: 9:23am On Jun 02, 2016
okuego:
amu na gumu ooo
Anom na O town kpuo mu ga anyi buru ya. efu asato otu asaa ise ato ano ano ato isii ano

1 Like

Re: Ikpeazu: A Workman And His Tools by legendte(m): 9:44am On Jun 02, 2016
okuego:
amu na gumu ooo
which amu? make e no be wetin I dey think o.
Re: Ikpeazu: A Workman And His Tools by Guyman02: 9:45am On Jun 02, 2016
Abians are beginning to experience democracy dividends since after the first year of Orji Uzor Kalu, I hope he wont fizzle out and become like T.A. Orji
Re: Ikpeazu: A Workman And His Tools by lordkhalifa(m): 9:45am On Jun 02, 2016
Only a FOOL with capital letter will believe this man is working.... The worst of them all is that his direct brothers are government tax agents... Come see harassment to the high level, they come in group with all sort of weapon to demand for money... Last year my parents pay 1300 for ASEPA for the flat they occupied, 31,000 naira for property rate for the entire 6 flats but this year ASEPA 5,600 per flat property rate for the whole 6flats 150,000... I wonder what he is doing with all this money, ochendu will be better than this fraud of a man.. I so much pity abia state especially none ngwas... Nid ohuhu

1 Like

Re: Ikpeazu: A Workman And His Tools by shakol91(m): 10:08am On Jun 02, 2016
Ikpeazu is trying,before he was elected Aba was infrastructurally dead...has he completed Umokahia,umafor,Osusu-Amukoko (new umuahia road)? Ikpeazu please can you dash Ekiti state governor (your best friend) small brain. Tell him to stop being an attacking dog and he should concentrate on infrastructural development in Ekiti State.

(1) (2) (Reply)

More Photos Of IPOB Members Allegedly Set Mosque Ablaze In Enugu / Do You Know You Can Now Report Erring Officials To LASG And RRS? / Who Is Better At Leadership? GEJ Or Yar'adua.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.