Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,051 members, 7,838,655 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 07:20 AM

Nigeria’s Oil Revenue Loss Hits N10.1bn Daily - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria’s Oil Revenue Loss Hits N10.1bn Daily (11550 Views)

Senate Indicts Okonjo-iweala, Says Her Memo Caused N1.7tn Revenue Loss / Recession: FG’s Non-Oil Revenue Shrinks By N134bn / NNPC Withheld N824.7 Billion Oil Revenue In 6 Months Of Buhari’s Govt (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria’s Oil Revenue Loss Hits N10.1bn Daily by obailala(m): 4:12pm On Jun 02, 2016
dablazor:

The real masses are out there even before these attacks in said agony and darkness.

The Goverment isn't listening, Nigeria can't continue this way, and if grounding the economy is a way to be heard, then fine.

The real question here is; why won't they restructure the country? Why do they have to wait until there are ethic unrests and secessionist uprisings? Why won't they heed the advises of various political pundits??

The militants are not your enemy, the federal government is.
For sentimental reasons, you may not be capable of appreciating how the forex scarcity issue is totally the reason behind the bleeped up nature of Nigeria's economy today (i.e. fuel scarcity, high fuel cost, super-high food cost, massive job losses etc). Most people would just lazily attribute it to Buhari, after all the problems started being felt when Buhari took over so it just has to be Buhari's doing; just like a market woman the other day was asked why tomatoes were expensive and she retorted "Buhari." Now if only you understand the deep rooted damage done on the economy by just a mere oil price drop , then you would understand the potential effects of further strangling the economy by cutting oil production by half.

In summary, if you think there is agony and darkness presently, then just brace up for what would happen in the next quarter when the fruits of this present pipeline bombings would mature.
Re: Nigeria’s Oil Revenue Loss Hits N10.1bn Daily by dablazor: 4:50pm On Jun 02, 2016
obailala:
For sentimental reasons, you may not be capable of appreciating how the forex scarcity issue is totally the reason behind the bleeped up nature of Nigeria's economy today (i.e. fuel scarcity, high fuel cost, super-high food cost, massive job losses etc). Most people would just lazily attribute it to Buhari, after all the problems started being felt when Buhari took over so it just has to be Buhari's doing; just like a market woman the other day was asked why tomatoes were expensive and she retorted "Buhari." Now if only you understand the deep rooted damage done on the economy by just a mere oil price drop , then you would understand the potential effects of further strangling the economy by cutting oil production by half.

In summary, if you think there is agony and darkness presently, then just brace up for what would happen in the next quarter when the fruits of this present pipeline bombings would mature.

What you dont seem to get is that I never attributed the current situash in the country presently to a Buhari, heck no, you're not getting my point.
Buhari, GEJ, Obasanjo, Atiku, they are all politicians to me, so I dont care who is president.
Even if Obama becomes Nigeria's president today and he fails to canvass for a restructure, there is a 70% chance he would fail.
American is way bigger country than Nigeria but we have somethings in common, the US is home to varuous ethnic nationalities and races, but they found a way to coexist using state autonomy with a weak central, that is my call.
Am laying emphasis on the structure of goverment in Nigeria, and what I am advocating for is regional autonomy, I dont care who is president.
Compare Nigeria when it was comprised of independent regional territories with what it is now, you can ask your old man if you werent around at that time.
The independent states that make up this federation have become lazy relying on the center to be fed, each region should be able to harness their own wealths for the good of their people and for the country at large.
Re: Nigeria’s Oil Revenue Loss Hits N10.1bn Daily by drizzymadbet(m): 5:17pm On Jun 02, 2016
obailala:
The miscreants simply want Buhari to resign, they have said it unequivocally that they aren't ready for any negotiations. So what would you have the govt do?... The only good part of this development is that even the mumus supporting this sabotage would also suffer the consequences. By the 3rd quarter of the year, the only food Nigerians all over would be eating would be to curse buhari, and buhari still has another 3 years to go.

I don't have their demands handy, but let the truth be told, even if one of their demands is for Buhari to resign, everyone knows that ain't possible Buh their are ways Buhari would have ameliorated the situation.

Buhari's body language have been divisive. A good leader must have to accept all the citizens whether they voted for him in the elections or not. The first mistake the president made was to refer to the south south/south east region as a mere 5%. That is derogatory by all standards, in addition to that, he turned a blind eye to the maurading bandits called the Fulani herdsmen who have upped their game since their kinsmen got the highest job in the land. Have you seen the presidency openly condemn the herdsmen for the atrocities committed. Nah instead you see them coming to their defence by defending or exonerating them for a crime that is very obvious.

These militants/miscreants to an extent have a legitimate struggle Tho they go about it very wrongly. Instead of looking for a diplomatic way of handling the situation, he vowed of crushing them and that has brought about the escalation and today naija is producing less than one million barrels. who is to blame? before you answer lemme give u one analogy.

Nigerians care less about the root causes of problems or what you are passing through to make it happen. All they want is results. PDP misguided rule brought more that 70 percent of the mess we are into today, Buh lemme tell you something enter into the market and people will yell at Buhari for making life worse for them, so if he(buhari) likes let him not handle issues diplomatically and let's be broke and see even his brothers wouldn't turn on him. Nigerians would care less of whether Na Bokoharam nor NDA cause him to fail, the only thing coming out of our mouths would be that Buhari has failed
Re: Nigeria’s Oil Revenue Loss Hits N10.1bn Daily by drizzymadbet(m): 5:21pm On Jun 02, 2016
obailala:

Just like the guy you quoted mentioned, our problems are more structural than institutional. let's renegotiate our structure, let us break up Into regions. Buhari should enforce that and forget this cosmetic approach of solving problems
Re: Nigeria’s Oil Revenue Loss Hits N10.1bn Daily by Nobody: 6:25pm On Jun 02, 2016
At least they don't kill human beings unlike boko-haram and the fulani herdsmen. I hope they bomb the whole installations.
I hate this country.
Re: Nigeria’s Oil Revenue Loss Hits N10.1bn Daily by mindtricks: 7:50pm On Jun 02, 2016
activeguy:
PMB has used a hammer to kill a mosquito that perched on his scrotum....

Apt!
Re: Nigeria’s Oil Revenue Loss Hits N10.1bn Daily by kabman: 8:15pm On Jun 02, 2016
Lots of money gone to the drain.
Re: Nigeria’s Oil Revenue Loss Hits N10.1bn Daily by tonio2wo: 8:38pm On Jun 02, 2016
So before NDA started bombing we generate 10 bill daily?? shocked and this bombing started February or march this year, that means since may 29 2015, we generate 3 trill per month. 3*8 months = 24 trillion naira. So why have apc been crying about no money since OR this story is just another exaggerated lie.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Councillor, Thugs Beat Blessing Egbara, Commissioner In Cross River / Jangali: N500 Per Cow Yearly — Katsina To Introduce Levy For Cattle Owners / Osinbajo, Alaafin Launch Centre For Yoruba Arts In Ibadan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.