Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,637 members, 7,813,110 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:15 AM

President Buhari Cancels Trip To Ogoni Land - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Buhari Cancels Trip To Ogoni Land (1352 Views)

President Buhari Cancels Trip To Niger Republic / Buhari Cancels Trip To Sambisa Forest, To Be Represented By Defence Minister / President Buhari Cancels Trip To Ogoniland Over "Assassination Threats" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

President Buhari Cancels Trip To Ogoni Land by naijainform: 9:08am On Jun 02, 2016
President buhari has cancelled his trip to ogini land according to sahara reporters Twitter handle , VP osibanjo to represent him, reason for this cancellation not given

https://twitter.com/SaharaReporters/status/738277473109053440

In another subsequent tweet from sahara reporters Twitter handle it was confirmed that the president actually cancelled the trip because of assassination threat

https://twitter.com/SaharaReporters/status/738282433989246976
Cc
Lalasticlala
Mynd44

Re: President Buhari Cancels Trip To Ogoni Land by NavierStokes(m): 9:10am On Jun 02, 2016
In his fanatical supporters own words "The president does not repeat visits, he already visited Ogoni land in 1984".

This clean-up remains one of the biggest sham these people will ever shore up, it's a pity that Jonathan didn't know how to do fakes not being a politician himself, he was a perfectionist who would want all the details to be taken care of before he acts. This was a project he could have just gone to kickstart with even 1 million naira and if work stops you explain to every one how it is a long term project and you are doing some work in the background until The end of your tenure. The APC understands it and will leverage on that to ride on people's gullibility.

The question I will ask, the clean-up is projected to cost about 1 billion USD, the JV partners will provide say 450million USD and the FG or NNPC has to provide 550 million USD, what plans has the government put in place for funding this sum, rather than deposit 10million usd as a take off sum? When is the next tranche of payments coming in? what's the government's strategy to get the work ongoing when it starts? What is the budget of ministry of environment? What provision is in the budget for this exercise ? It's not enough for the minister to say lack of funding will not stop the exercise knowing fully well there is no plan in place to ensure a continuous clean-up exercise thereby making it a rolling wave project.

Anyways those who will keep falling for propaganda can continue, in this Nigeria I smh for the largely ignorant population that can swallow any news hooks lines and sinkers without doing a critical analysis of the said news.

3 Likes

Re: President Buhari Cancels Trip To Ogoni Land by Nobody: 9:11am On Jun 02, 2016
the fear of (N.D.A) is the begining of wisdom. who wan die?

2 Likes

Re: President Buhari Cancels Trip To Ogoni Land by pinkyliceous(f): 9:11am On Jun 02, 2016
So Buhari is afraid for his life but doesn't mind if Osibanjo dies in his stead.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Buhari Cancels Trip To Ogoni Land by Nobody: 9:12am On Jun 02, 2016
Ok
Re: President Buhari Cancels Trip To Ogoni Land by kissval1388: 9:13am On Jun 02, 2016
ahahahahahhqhahahahajhahahahahahhahahahahhahahahahhababhahahhaahahahhahahabahahahhahahabbavavahahahahahahhahahahabbabahaahhahhahhaab

@78, bubu still want to be enjoying Aisha.
he no wan die.
this life sweet Sha.

1 Like

Re: President Buhari Cancels Trip To Ogoni Land by 4Kemzy(m): 9:14am On Jun 02, 2016
Retired General wey dey fear.
Re: President Buhari Cancels Trip To Ogoni Land by cruzclinton1(m): 9:17am On Jun 02, 2016
naijainform:
President buhari has cancelled his trip to ogini land according to sahara reporters Twitter handle , VP osibanjo to represent him, reason for this cancellation not given

https://twitter.com/SaharaReporters/status/738277473109053440

Cc
Lalasticlala
Mynd44

Omo see fear.......I said it,but am really disappointed,I wish he would have gone so that NDA can end all this hardship at once.......wicked and heartless man
Re: President Buhari Cancels Trip To Ogoni Land by aljharem(m): 9:18am On Jun 02, 2016
Looooooool useless APC

changing their mind like pendulum. I repeat Nigeria has made a mistake

3 Likes

Re: President Buhari Cancels Trip To Ogoni Land by oatzeal(m): 9:18am On Jun 02, 2016
na wa oo.. always canceling local journey
Re: President Buhari Cancels Trip To Ogoni Land by tuniski: 9:18am On Jun 02, 2016
Fear man! Only knows how to make life unbearable for citizens. What a mistake of a nation.

1 Like

Re: President Buhari Cancels Trip To Ogoni Land by ikbnice(m): 9:20am On Jun 02, 2016
I thought he had the courage.
Re: President Buhari Cancels Trip To Ogoni Land by hucienda: 9:20am On Jun 02, 2016
Whatttt!!!!!! shocked

Chaiii... wailers will masturbate on this thread and on this news for a loooooong time.
Re: President Buhari Cancels Trip To Ogoni Land by onexile: 9:21am On Jun 02, 2016
Its obvious, Niger Delta Avengers are the ones incharge of Nijiriya.

If you agree hit like

1 Like

Re: President Buhari Cancels Trip To Ogoni Land by yemmynoni: 9:21am On Jun 02, 2016
Oga ooooooo
Re: President Buhari Cancels Trip To Ogoni Land by dechriscool(m): 9:22am On Jun 02, 2016
Ok
Re: President Buhari Cancels Trip To Ogoni Land by MeAboki(m): 9:28am On Jun 02, 2016
Mediator97:
the fear of (N.D.A) is the begining of wisdom.
who wan die?

If true then I'd say twas a wise decision to save Nigeria from Rwandan style genocide because should he go there and be killed then those creekbillies would see and feel northern madness - Boko Haram would be child's play, considering how Buhari is loved in the north - my ppl no dey fear death when dem vex.

1 Like

Re: President Buhari Cancels Trip To Ogoni Land by rottennaija(m): 9:43am On Jun 02, 2016
NavierStokes:
In his fanatical supporters own words "The president does not repeat visits, he already visited Ogoni land in 1984".

This clean-up remains one of the biggest sham these people will ever shore up, it's a pity that Jonathan didn't know how to do fakes not being a politician himself, he was a perfectionist who would want all the details to be taken care of before he acts. This was a project he could have just gone to kickstart with even 1 million naira and if work stops you explain to every one how it is a long term project and you are doing some work in the background until The end of your tenure. The APC understands it and will leverage on that to ride on people's gullibility.

The question I will ask, the clean-up is projected to cost about 1 billion USD, the JV partners will provide say 450million USD and the FG or NNPC has to provide 550 million USD, what plans has the government put in place for funding this sum, rather than deposit 10million usd as a take off sum? When is the next tranche of payments coming in? what's the government's strategy to get the work ongoing when it starts? What is the budget of ministry of environment? What provision is in the budget for this exercise ? It's not enough for the minister to say lack of funding will not stop the exercise knowing fully well there is no plan in place to ensure a continuous clean-up exercise thereby making it a rolling wave project.

Anyways those who will keep falling for propaganda can continue, in this Nigeria I smh for the largely ignorant population that can swallow any news hooks lines and sinkers without doing a critical analysis of the said news.

It's a nice job you have. I hope it's also well paying
Re: President Buhari Cancels Trip To Ogoni Land by NavierStokes(m): 9:49am On Jun 02, 2016
rottennaija:

It's a nice job you have. I hope it's also well paying

If I were you, I wouldn't worry about how the poster fares remuneration wise.
Re: President Buhari Cancels Trip To Ogoni Land by toolovely(m): 9:51am On Jun 02, 2016
hahahahahaha...thought some chest beaters said he will not chicken out like gej did when he was threatened. okay na.....our leader de fear for him life...who wan die.
Re: President Buhari Cancels Trip To Ogoni Land by Duru009(m): 10:25am On Jun 02, 2016
Tribalist bigot....

Y wont he.
Re: President Buhari Cancels Trip To Ogoni Land by globexpo: 10:26am On Jun 02, 2016
Maka why!!!

Buhari is not ready to die for his country. Is that a good leader?
Re: President Buhari Cancels Trip To Ogoni Land by Duru009(m): 10:27am On Jun 02, 2016
Tribalist bigot....
Y wont he.
Re: President Buhari Cancels Trip To Ogoni Land by Duru009(m): 10:29am On Jun 02, 2016
Tribalist bigot....
Y wont he....

He is just afraid, he has done nothing for this country so far....
Re: President Buhari Cancels Trip To Ogoni Land by Duru009(m): 10:29am On Jun 02, 2016
Tribalist bigot....
Y wont he....
He is just afraid, he has done nothing for this country so far....
Re: President Buhari Cancels Trip To Ogoni Land by shosky1794: 11:07am On Jun 02, 2016
I'm beginning to lose hope in this administration. What is it with all this back and forth. I told myself some days back that he won't show up in Ogoniland and it turned out to be so. Why can't they just be straightforward for once? How do you expect us to trust you on all your 'we will' statements. Now I'm beginning to feel this government won't achieve much at the end of its tenure.

Our problem now is we are short of options. PDP can't be our option. It's time for we youth to do something. Let's start looking these people in their faces and tell them ENOUGH
Re: President Buhari Cancels Trip To Ogoni Land by waxxydude: 11:21am On Jun 02, 2016
I knew something like this was gonna happen.

With all due respect PresidentMuhammaduBuhari you fvck up.

(1) (Reply)

Ijaw to FG: Withdraw troops from Niger Delta / Buharicertificategate: Presidency Threatens Legal Suit Against Nwokocha / Court Affirms Sheriff’s Removal As PDP National Chairman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.