Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,969 members, 7,838,452 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 10:22 PM

Ondo Gubernatorial Race: Beyond Political Will - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ondo Gubernatorial Race: Beyond Political Will (652 Views)

Buhari Lacks Political Will To Halt By Fulani Herdsmen - Reps / Okonjo-Iweala: I Said Governors, NOT Jonathan, Lacked The Political Will To Save / Jonathan Showed No Political Will In Fight Against Boko Haram – US Envoy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ondo Gubernatorial Race: Beyond Political Will by OGBENIIFE: 1:06pm On Jun 02, 2016
ONDO GUBERNATORIAL RACE: BEYOND POLITICAL WILL
BY: ORIMOLOYE, Ifeoluwa

Definitely, Ondo state, the sunshine state does not seem to be just about sunshine which is the erstwhile emblem of the state. Ondo state is a state with appreciable prospects waiting to be explored, as such, anybody interested in becoming the governor of this state must see the state in that light. Therefore, anybody who must have to be the governor of the Ondo state must have to look beyond the ordinary and transform the state positively. I mean, anybody who must be the governor of Ondo state must be someone who can see beyond the construction of bus stops, water fountain, dome, and other cosmetic projects which has deceit written all over it. Anybody who is serious about becoming the elected governor of Ondo state must be someone who can go beyond lip promises relating to the provision of one million jobs for all graduates in Ondo state within a day, or the term ‘I will work for you’. Also, the aspirant scheming to become the governor of the state must be able to see beyond party politics, as well as the idea of playing politics with the lives of the citizens of the state, and must be therefore someone who would not allow party politics and/or paltry politics to cloud his thinking and divert his attention.
Of course, I have been made understand the measure of endowment of the state especially when I was informed about the story behind the establishment of the prestigious University of Ife, which was proposed to be sited in Owo, Ondo state (according to a putative story), but for significant influences. It was learnt that the revenue generated from Ondo state in the sale of cocoa was abundant during the western regional setting. Perhaps as a result of this and as a means of compensation, the University was to be built in Owo with the revenue realized from Ondo state’s abundant cocoa produce, the cocoa being the centre of attraction. In fact, when one takes a look at the idea behind the establishment of Oluwa glass industry, okitipupa oil palm and the ceramics industry, one would not doubt the existence of the abundant mineral resources in the state. It will be observed that, following the rule of the proximity of manufacturing industries to raw materials, these industries could have been possibly constructed at a site close to the raw materials, which invariably leaves us with no doubt as to the presence of these resources in Ondo state. I was recently informed about the proposed siting of a renowned steel industry in those days at a location around Ajowa-Akoko for its proximity to the raw material, but for political manipulations. This invariably depict in its possibilities, that Ajowa-Akoko is also blessed with abundance of steel deposits which is needed in manufacturing some universal/everyday products. The abundance of the mineral resources in Ondo state is such that the wealthiest man in Africa has once proposed to build a mega refinery in the southern area of the state, but for internal manipulations.
In my opinion, it is expected that anybody aiming to be the governor of the state will relate the history of the state to the present, by taking pains to think out of the box in relation to the yearnings of the people and as it relates to sustainability. That is, the aspirant would be considered more serious if the character goes a step further in giving the citizens of the state the plans of transforming this state from being the predominant civil servant state to an industrial base.
I am saying this because I am a metallurgist and I understand the significance of the establishment of industries. A steel industry can for instance employ thousands of people because of the operation and processes involved. This significant number of workforce associated with industries is advantageous on the part of the host communities for economic reasons, coupled with the abundant labour force that Ondo state composed of, and an orientation of the people of the state which extends to hardwork. The orientation is embedded in the term, ‘Ise loogun ise’, that is, hardwork is the antidote for poverty.
Furthermore, the aspirant would be considered more serious, if a revelation is made as regards a solid plan to revive the moribund industries in the state, giving an analysis relating to the performance evaluation, as well as the production statistics and other related economic analysis in the process. The aspirant must also be willing to forgo the usual practice of placing on intending investors an ambiguous, bills, shares or cuts, for selfish interest.
The people of Ondo state have suffered not just for a rather long time but unjustly, because with what is obtainable in the state, it is simply unjust for the citizens of the state to experience what has been experienced in the recent times.
Anybody who is interested in becoming the governor of the state must not just be a caring heart individual, rather, the individual must be business oriented and conversant with trends around the globe. This is because the state requires an assistance that extends beyond caring heart illusions, rather, it relates directly to resurrection of the state from the state of comatose that is currently being witnessed due to the fact that the prime economic movers, the civil servants in the state have been deprived of their salaries for close to six months. Therefore, if that is what caring heart implies, in no doubt, the citizens of the state do not deserve another dose of a caring heart. Albeit, in my opinion, there is more to governance than the present administration’s definition of caring heart.

Therefore, if you think you have what it takes to bring all these things to reality and to restore the hope and the fortunes of the people of the state, and you think that your transformation could be completed within the pace of four years, which is a term, for reasons related to the fact that, “Four years is just enough term to interface and bring our people to paradise, anybody scheming for another four years is either bereft of ideas or has some unprogressive plans.” Similarly, if you think that you are ready to depart from the sham, fantasy and fallacy which is referred to as caring heart, and you ready to pursue that which is true and that which is the reality, I implore you to cast the first stone!

© 2016.

1 Like

Re: Ondo Gubernatorial Race: Beyond Political Will by temptnow: 1:09pm On Jun 02, 2016
Yorubbers won't come and analyze things here. They are busy elsewhere analysing Niger Delta like Amala and ewedu.

1 Like

Re: Ondo Gubernatorial Race: Beyond Political Will by Ajascolove(m): 1:36pm On Jun 02, 2016
Thanks OP
Re: Ondo Gubernatorial Race: Beyond Political Will by funstufz(m): 1:37pm On Jun 02, 2016
hmmmmm

analytical analysis,

btw, must that poster above talk undecided undecided
Re: Ondo Gubernatorial Race: Beyond Political Will by dayo23(f): 1:45pm On Jun 02, 2016
good analysis

(1) (Reply)

10 Most Corrupt Countries In The World / A'ibom Gov. Solicit Prayers For Restoration With Pastor W.f Kumuyi / Five New Roads Commissioned In Aba

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.