Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,550 members, 7,837,111 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 05:07 PM

Has PMB Cleaned Up Ogoni Land? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Has PMB Cleaned Up Ogoni Land? (478 Views)

$1 Billion Ogoni Cleanup: Senate Committee Launches Probe, Visits Wike (photos) / How Buhari Averted Disaster In Ogoni Land ~ By Mohnice / Buhari To Launch Ogoni Land Clean-up June 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Has PMB Cleaned Up Ogoni Land? by mekaboy(m): 2:14pm On Jun 02, 2016
What's all this noise and celebration about ogoni clean up? Why the praise and blame when nothing has been done.

I have 3 main questions.

1, what will it cost to clean ogoni?

2, how much has been set aside for this cleanup?

3,how long will it take to cleans up?

All this noise to me is just rubbish. Soon they will come up with reasons why it's taking so long to clean up and oil price.
Re: Has PMB Cleaned Up Ogoni Land? by Unblockable: 2:20pm On Jun 02, 2016
mekaboy:
What's all this noise and celebration about ogoni clean up? Why the praise and blame when nothing has been done.

I have 3 main questions.

1, what will it cost to clean ogoni?

2, how much has been set aside for this cleanup?

3,how long will it take to cleans up?

All this noise to me is just rubbish. Soon they will come up with reasons why it's taking so long to clean up and oil price.

It would take 30yrs or so to cleanup Ogoniland. If Jonathan had started it when the UNEP brought out the report, at least, they would have gone far by now. You need to commend Buhari sometimes, not condemning him always.

1 Like

Re: Has PMB Cleaned Up Ogoni Land? by mekaboy(m): 2:25pm On Jun 02, 2016
Unblockable:

It would take 30yrs or so to cleanup Ogoniland. If Jonathan had started it when the UNEP brought out the report, at least, they would have gone far by now. You need to commend Buhari sometimes, not condemning him always.

Jonathan is not the president now, and stop blaming Jonathan all the time.

This govt have not been able to fulfil the promises they made before elections. Is it now the one that will be completed in 30yrs.

Let them move the entire people of ogoni and resettle them elsewhere.
Re: Has PMB Cleaned Up Ogoni Land? by mekaboy(m): 1:28pm On Jun 09, 2016
The hypocrisy of this govt is so predictable. I said it and now it has happened.

snailspeed:
Shell Petroleum Development Company of Nigeria Limited (SPDC) has pulled out of the much publicized clean up of Ogoni Land, citing insincerity and lack of commitment on the side of the federal government.

In a statement by its spokesman, Bamidele Odugbesan in Lagos on Wednesday, June 8, 2016. The oil giant stated that they noticed the government does not have a blue print yet for the exercise, also no fund has been approved by the government for clean-up.

Odugbesan said they having been calling on the federal government to show commitment but all to no avail.

He further said their own part of the money is ever ready and they won’t hesitate to return to the table whenever the the federal government deem fit to fully kick start the clean up because right now there is nothing concrete on ground, to be frank.

Meanwhile, it was reported last week that ace singer and performer, Timi Dakolo, turned down a call by the FG to perform at the event to flag of the Ogoni cleanup. No reason was giving for the action and attempts to get a response from the singer were unfruitful. Mrs. Amina Mohammed, Minister of Environment, expressed her disappointment via her Twitter account while congratulating everyone who participated in the event.

http://telegram.ng/post/187/Shell-Pulls-Out-Of-Ogoni-CleanUp-Accuses-FG-Of-Insincerity-And-Lack-Of-Commitment
Re: Has PMB Cleaned Up Ogoni Land? by cjrane: 1:30pm On Jun 09, 2016
The intention of the Fulani warlord was never to clean Ogoni. He was merely playing to the gallery to deflect the growing discontent from neglect of the region

(1) (Reply)

Who The Real Parasites Would Be!!™ / 10 Great Mind Quotes For Great People / "Find Him I Will Fix Him".

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.