Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,195 members, 7,822,043 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 03:55 AM

FG Scraps Post-ume - Education (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / FG Scraps Post-ume (74501 Views)

Breaking! FG Scraps Tuition Fees In Federal Universities. / NUC Scraps Pre-degrees And Diplomas In Universities / FG Scraps CBT For Post-UTME Screening, Pegs Fee At N2,500 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Scraps Post-ume by Tife101(m): 11:11pm On Jun 03, 2016
Snow30:

Whether there are waec special centres, it shouldn't concern you. If you prepare you will pass. But for jamb i know of really smart guys, top class guys that will over prepare for jamb but still get 190, 210. And forgive me, dumber guys getting 270, 250, 280.

It shows that jamb doesn't measure a persons real academic abilities
shocked
Snow30:

Whether there are waec special centres, it shouldn't concern you. If you prepare you will pass. But for jamb i know of really smart guys, top class guys that will over prepare for jamb but still get 190, 210. And forgive me, dumber guys getting 270, 250, 280.

It shows that jamb doesn't measure a persons real academic abilities
Ahhh!!! Moku...mogbe,modaran.

So what you are trying to insinuate is that those that got high scores in jamb this year are dumb and those with low scores are smart hun?
C'mon that's a myopic assertion!

FG should scrap both if they like na. This country is a joke gan sef.

1 Like

Re: FG Scraps Post-ume by FuckTheM0ds(m): 11:18am On Jun 04, 2016
juininho:
THIS IS EXCEEDINGLY DANGEROUS!
. I will just state my facts:
1) Jamb is not a credible exam
2) People score 200 and go to schools and ace their courses
3) Jamb should not be used for admission cause its a chance exam...the best student in my set failed and even the dullards had 206
4) I have a friend who scored low in jamb even when I knew she deserved up to 320...she's now in Howard on scholarship..
5) the best student in Oyo state had less than 240 in jamb but scored 100 in Ui, in yr1 physics
6) most of the smartest dudes in Nigeria end up having low marks in jamb yet they ebd up with badass GPS
7) if not for putme,they would have been slyed for admission
cool schools like Ui will now revert to their very difficult admission process, which means: no more admission for u if u didn't cheat wella in olevel with multiple As
9) a credit students will no longer be able to gain admission for courses like med and law etc,
10) I saw a guy during my clearance in ui with just 6 credits, 240 in jamb, but 82% in put me, who gained admission for MBBS, this will no longer happen
11) finally, I'll use myself, I had a low score in jamb but ended up being among the highest scorers in d put me, scoring far more than people with 280, 290
12) this will finish up many students chances of admission, mark me, if it was bad b4, its now worse
do you believe that those who scored higher in U.i postutme had low marks in jamb and can you believe that one of those who made it to U.I scholarship had just 205 in jamb?
Jamb's credibility is questionable, it should be scrapped. Postutme remains the most solid criteria for admission as it seperates the sheep from the goats

1 Like

Re: FG Scraps Post-ume by Snow30: 1:29pm On Jun 04, 2016
Tife101:
shocked
Ahhh!!! Moku...mogbe,modaran.

So what you are trying to insinuate is that those that got high scores in jamb this year are dumb and those with low scores are smart hun?
C'mon that's a myopic assertion!

FG should scrap both if they like na. This country is a joke gan sef.

Arggh haba naa. Don't quote me wrongly. I said i know of really smart people that scored very low and average in jamb. And people buttom of class getting over 270. Which means Jamb doesn't really test academic abilities in some cases.

I never said people that get high in jamb are dumb and people that get low are smart. Or is it English you don't understand lol( no offense)

2 Likes

Re: FG Scraps Post-ume by jemmiee(f): 1:34pm On Jun 04, 2016
Geofavor:
hmm. Seems you blast jamb. Your school and course?
That kind blast jamb. It's by faith jare. UNN, medicine.
Re: FG Scraps Post-ume by jemmiee(f): 1:39pm On Jun 04, 2016
Oluwahelpme:
This is what u get when u are been ruled by bad govt. Jamb is the main problem of education sector in nigeria. The candidates who score high marks in Jamb are not the best candidates, hence dull students are been pushed to universities thereby producing dull graduates. And here we are. Our graduates are not employable. This education minister lacks wisdom. He does not know that jamb is the problem of education in this country, not post utme. Jamb should be scraped.
It's wrong for you to say "OUR GRADUATES ARE NOT EMPLOYABLE" It will sound better if you use "some" or "most". I'm a graduate, and I'm employed, and I'm "showing working" (a slang).. Please don't generalize, thanks.
Re: FG Scraps Post-ume by jemmiee(f): 1:41pm On Jun 04, 2016
ejomsuccess:
With these new policy, it means I will surely be admitted. Anyways, whether post utme is scrap or not, I will be admitted into Unilag this year by the grace of God
That's the spirit

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG Scraps Post-ume by kedunaija(m): 1:43pm On Jun 04, 2016
Post Utme examination has now been officially scrapped by the Federal government this is according to a report released by the country's education ministry.
Post UTME Scraped? The fedral government has now decided to end the conduction of post utme screening examination by universities, polytechnics and over degree awarding institution in the country a condition which was initially mandatory for students seeking to gain admission into any tertiary institutions in Nigeria
Re: FG Scraps Post-ume by Ganybukk: 5:44pm On Jun 04, 2016
bettercreature:
This will just make admission more difficult for a common man
With post UTME,they have no choice they must give you admission if you beat the cut off mark
But now it will boil down to connection,i mean you have to bribe before you get admission

try to get this. Not only those that did the postutme and beat up their cutoff marks were given admission, they will even tell you to do postutme, and in the end of all this they would not give the admission. (I'm one of d victim of that). They have turned this postutme things into politics and money maker. So it best to scrap the postutme. Enough is enough
Re: FG Scraps Post-ume by Nobody: 6:46pm On Jun 04, 2016
Jamb cannot be scrapped. it is a whole organisation for christ sake.What happens to theThousands of people employed. You can argue all you want but it is the benchmark for all admission seekers (credibility aside).
They made a decision between JAMB and a mere screening test and I am not surprised at the outcome.
Jamb can never be scrapped only revamped.

1 Like

Re: FG Scraps Post-ume by psammyCUTE(m): 7:36pm On Jun 04, 2016
jemmiee:
That's the spirit

I connect to this speech of faith!
Re: FG Scraps Post-ume by jemmiee(f): 8:00pm On Jun 04, 2016
Phayme:
Jamb cannot be scrapped. it is a whole organisation for christ sake.What happens to theThousands of people employed. You can argue all you want but it is the benchmark for all admission seekers (credibility aside).
They made a decision between JAMB and a mere screening test and I am not surprised at the outcome.
Jamb can never be scrapped only revamped.
The first logical post I've seen. You just spoke my mind. Jamb can't be scrapped just like that. It's just like saying The University of Ibadan should be closed down and demolished.

1 Like

Re: FG Scraps Post-ume by jemmiee(f): 8:02pm On Jun 04, 2016
psammyCUTE:

I connect to this speech of faith!
Yes o
Re: FG Scraps Post-ume by Geofavor(m): 6:43am On Jun 05, 2016
jemmiee:
That kind blast jamb. It's by faith jare. UNN, medicine.
Nice. I like the gumption shown by you.

1 Like

Re: FG Scraps Post-ume by Ganybukk: 3:51pm On Jun 05, 2016
Yea right. Postutme should be scrap
Re: FG Scraps Post-ume by ityP(m): 1:18pm On Jun 06, 2016
Some unserious ones are happy about the news. . they fail to know that scrapping post utme doesn't mean someone who scored 180 would get admission... If u no get reach 250, no admission for most universities... I no badu d decision at all... They should have announced this on time, so people could have prepared die hard knowing that if they no clock 250, no admission
Re: FG Scraps Post-ume by giststudent: 3:05pm On Jun 06, 2016
If you are still confused about this Jamb new policy and implementation, please don’t be because everything has been explained in details
Question 1
Please what did they mean by scrapping of POST-UTME and pegging the cutoff mark as 180?
Answer
What this policy actually means is that the FG have remove anything like University POST-UTME exam, so no school would be allowed to conduct any form of written examination except if there is a reverse of the statement by the FG.
Question 2
I scored 180 in Jamb, what will I do?
Answer
If your score is 180 and you make two different choices when registering for Jamb, then you may be admitted. Your second choice may take you if and only if their cutoff mark is 180. So you need to pray for that.
Question 3
I scored 200 and above, do I have the chance of getting admission?
Answer click this link http://www.giststudents.com/…/confused-about-jamb-new-polic… for the rest
Re: FG Scraps Post-ume by figment232(m): 4:58pm On Jun 06, 2016
giststudent:
If you are still confused about this Jamb new policy and implementation, please don’t be because everything has been explained in details
Question 1
Please what did they mean by scrapping of POST-UTME and pegging the cutoff mark as 180?
Answer
What this policy actually means is that the FG have remove anything like University POST-UTME exam, so no school would be allowed to conduct any form of written examination except if there is a reverse of the statement by the FG.
Question 2
Answer
If your score is 180 and you make two different choices when registering for Jamb, then you may be admitted. Your second choice may take you if and only if their cutoff mark is 180. So you need to pray for that.
Question 3
Answer click this link http://www.giststudents.com/…/confused-about-jamb-new-polic… for the rest
Hmm Working on assumptions abi?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG Scraps Post-ume by Princealex1(m): 6:54pm On Jun 06, 2016
giststudent:
Question 1
Answer
Question 2
Answer
Question 3

do you know how many people score above 180/200? this policy lacks intelligence

1 Like

Re: FG Scraps Post-ume by GideonOmach(m): 10:12pm On Jun 06, 2016
This is good news but it's going to bring bad weather soon if not handled carefully... how are we removing Post-utme when we don't have enough universities to bear the pass population of students.
Jamb does not have enough structures to present themselves and their intentions honest!
malpractice everywhere during their exams. Post-utme is efficient,
In as much as universities make money from it, they really help to judge and scrutinize the honesty of the pass candidates' credits.
This is going to rise more tensions than we used to have or know.

This is not Amelioration.
Re: FG Scraps Post-ume by jemmiee(f): 5:33pm On Jun 10, 2016
Princealex1:

do you know how many people score above 180/200? this policy lacks intelligence
Ah think they know what they're doing. That's why they pegged polytechnic and college of Education at 180 too. So that most peeps that scored below 200 and didnt get their course of choice will be pushed into these institutions.

1 Like

Re: FG Scraps Post-ume by muizzolajide(m): 9:10am On Jun 14, 2016
most comments I read above here are all looking at the wrong side of this matter. I do not really support d fact of scrapping post utme, likewise I do not also go against it, but d real question here is Do we have the resources of obeying dis implemented Law?. From what I have learnt is dat admission seekers do increase Every year thereby making the population of candidates obtaining Jamb form to increase. over 1.5 million candidates sits for Jamb every year nd not more dan 50 thousand candidates can be taken by our institutions here in Nigeria, nd I'm very sure from last yr statistics of jamb dat over 500 thousand candidate made 200 nd Above jamb score. Now can all candidate having more dan 200 be taken into all our institutions without reducing the population? I also took last year post direct entry examination in futminna, I scored 250/400 in the post DE exam, unfortunately I wasnt admitted because d course I chose was very competitive, likewise some people having 180 in d exam were chosen because deir cos weren't competitive. we need more institutions not scraping of post utme. if we have enough institutions nd post utme are taken, den I'll say we are being robbed politely. post utme should still be taken for now, nd our government should provide more institutions. Thank u.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Veritas University: A Look At The School Fees Structure (photos) / South African Schoolgirls Smoking In School. See Reactions (Photos) / WAEC 2020: Meet Ogwubie Chikemzi Praise Who Made Parallel A's In Her WAEC Result

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.