Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,221 members, 7,815,270 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:00 AM

Stop Complaining, I Met The Country Worse Than This!!! Obasanjo Tells Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Stop Complaining, I Met The Country Worse Than This!!! Obasanjo Tells Buhari (736 Views)

Igbos Should Stop Complaining, They Didn’t Invest In Buhari’s Campaign – Ngige / You’re Now Wiser After Leaving Office, Obasanjo Tells Jonathan / Develop Your Zone, Don’t Wait For FG, Obasanjo Tells S-east Govs, Ndigbo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Stop Complaining, I Met The Country Worse Than This!!! Obasanjo Tells Buhari by Vomm: 5:52pm On Jun 02, 2016
Ex President Olusegun Obasanjo has asked President Muhammadu Buhari to stop using dwindling crude prices for lack of performance.

According to Obasanjo, he met worse when he took power in 1999, but made the best of it.

He reminded Buhari that unlike his administration that met a paltry $3.7 billion,  in the coffers, Goodluck Jonathan left behind a whooping $30 billion.

He said “When I assumed office in 1999, I inherited $3.7 billion in reserve, while Buhari met $30 billion, almost 10 times of what I met then, and the price of oil then was $9. When it got to $20, I was dancing. know the price is down now and with time, it will jump up again. What Buhari is doing currently is preparing ground for Nigeria to take advantage when it goes up again.”

Obasanjo expressed angst against those asking him to account for recovered Abacha loot, describing them as illiterates and silly people.

Obasanjo, who stated this in an interview, weekend, said the role of his office was to facilitate the recovery process and not how it was put to use.
He said: “They said the money recovered from Abacha, I should account for it. What stupidity! The man who asked for it, the man who gave the judgement or who answered them are all silly, with due respect.

“I don’t keep account, all Abacha loots were sehttp://pointblanknews.com/pbn/exclusive/stop-complaining-crude-price-jonathan-left-30b-obasanjo-tells-buhari/#.V0_RBKe_ZKR.facebook
Re: Stop Complaining, I Met The Country Worse Than This!!! Obasanjo Tells Buhari by ekefre4(m): 5:54pm On Jun 02, 2016
Ok
Re: Stop Complaining, I Met The Country Worse Than This!!! Obasanjo Tells Buhari by Nobody: 6:31pm On Jun 02, 2016
Data.

(1) (Reply)

The Main Beneficiaries Of This Economic Hardship (photo) / Busted: Apc Propaganda / Can This Man Rule This Country With His Idea? (pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.