Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,755 members, 7,824,164 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:49 AM

Why Cross Rivers, Akwa Ibom And Edo States Less In Militancy Despite Being ND - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Cross Rivers, Akwa Ibom And Edo States Less In Militancy Despite Being ND (4028 Views)

Aggregate IGR Of The Five SE States Less Than That Of Ogun State IGR. / Maina Gets SSS, Police Protection Despite Being Wanted For Alleged Fraud / Nnamdi Kanu Returns To Kuje Prison, Despite Being Granted Bail (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Cross Rivers, Akwa Ibom And Edo States Less In Militancy Despite Being ND by Nobody: 7:14am On Jun 03, 2016
Why do those states have less militant activities less than bayelsa, rivers and delta states. Even their citizens are more matured that you will hardly think that they are part of ND or oil producing states especially Cross rivers and Akwa Ibom states. Even with all these agitations, you will see them hardly paticipating in it. I want to know why?
@lalasticlala Mynd44

3 Likes

Re: Why Cross Rivers, Akwa Ibom And Edo States Less In Militancy Despite Being ND by rottennaija(m): 7:18am On Jun 03, 2016
Because we are wiser... Our lands are important to us, we farm from it and drink our water. Because we also know that if we have a government that is not listening to us today, another will tomorrow.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Cross Rivers, Akwa Ibom And Edo States Less In Militancy Despite Being ND by lifezone247(m): 7:18am On Jun 03, 2016
priceaction:
Why do those states have less militant activities less than bayelsa, rivers and delta states. Even their citizens are more matured that you will hardly think that they are part of ND or oil producing states especially Cross rivers and Akwa Ibom states. Even with all these agitations, you will see them hardly paticipating in it. I want to know why?
@lalasticlala Mynd44
those word in bold format are the reason why.

2 Likes

Re: Why Cross Rivers, Akwa Ibom And Edo States Less In Militancy Despite Being ND by otokx(m): 7:19am On Jun 03, 2016
Its simple, there are few to zero ijaw people in those states.

Thank me later.

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Cross Rivers, Akwa Ibom And Edo States Less In Militancy Despite Being ND by Nobody: 7:21am On Jun 03, 2016
x
Re: Why Cross Rivers, Akwa Ibom And Edo States Less In Militancy Despite Being ND by QuotaSystem: 7:24am On Jun 03, 2016
This is why emphasis must be shifted from the restive regions regardless of the immediate economic impact. Let the Ijaws blow themselves back into the 19th century.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Cross Rivers, Akwa Ibom And Edo States Less In Militancy Despite Being ND by ChappyChase: 7:27am On Jun 03, 2016
otokx:

Thank me later.
I concur!!!! #IjawTooLazy

5 Likes

Re: Why Cross Rivers, Akwa Ibom And Edo States Less In Militancy Despite Being ND by jide219(m): 7:32am On Jun 03, 2016
I can only speak for the Edo,
One reason is that they are more sensible than the rest ND, two their youth is mostly into cultism, ticket collector and agberoism, and lastly they are the weakest when compared to the rest Niger deltas.

3 Likes

Re: Why Cross Rivers, Akwa Ibom And Edo States Less In Militancy Despite Being ND by mrvitalis(m): 7:36am On Jun 03, 2016
Ijaws will only be satisfied if the oil money is shared among them monthly, unless u do that they won't be happy
They believe since they have oil, the are so blessed working is a waste of time

So that's the main problem,
Even in Delta, the urobo, ishekiri and Delta igbos hardly make any noise about our oil

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Cross Rivers, Akwa Ibom And Edo States Less In Militancy Despite Being ND by seunny4lif(m): 7:38am On Jun 03, 2016
Becos our Oyel people no dey there grin grin
Our Ijaw brodas cheesy grin
Their governors no dey chop alone grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Why Cross Rivers, Akwa Ibom And Edo States Less In Militancy Despite Being ND by HEIR: 7:41am On Jun 03, 2016
OP guess you're a little ignorant about this subject. we can hardly say Edo and cross river are ND States, even though they're in south south.
How many oil well are in Edo and cross river? oil well in Akwa Ibom state are mostly in the shallow waters and eket.

I don't support violence in any form. But these people are suffering, amidst to much wealth from their region. Just one visit, your mindset would change.

14 Likes

Re: Why Cross Rivers, Akwa Ibom And Edo States Less In Militancy Despite Being ND by rozayx5(m): 7:42am On Jun 03, 2016
there are. but the ijaw ones have been the most notorious

i just see this as a payback. if only bh had given goodluck peace who knows

unlike bh who dont affect the nations income. nda have already put the budget in jeopardy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Cross Rivers, Akwa Ibom And Edo States Less In Militancy Despite Being ND by Abagworo(m): 7:42am On Jun 03, 2016
jide219:
I can only speak for the Edo,
One reason is that they are more sensible than the rest ND, two their youth is mostly into cultism, ticket collector and agberoism, and lastly they are the weakest when compared to the rest Niger deltas.

You are so wrong with your ascertion. Almost the entire South Central Nigeria once paid tributes to Benin kingdom.

@OP Akwa Ibom, Cross River and Edo are not Niger Delta. They are only in South south as a Geopolitical zone. Niger Delta comprises of the Niger tributaries which is inhabited mostly by Ijaw ethnic group and other smaller ethnic groups like Okrika, Kalabari, Ogbia, Abua, Andoni, Bonny who are all closely related to Ijaw.

15 Likes

Re: Why Cross Rivers, Akwa Ibom And Edo States Less In Militancy Despite Being ND by DaGC(m): 7:45am On Jun 03, 2016
Apart from Akwa Ibom, I dont think the other states are oil producing states, so there's really nothing to agitate for.

Nonetheless, its wrong to castigate the people of the rest states by the actions of a collective few.

Kudos to Akwa Ibomites for being the highest oil producing state and with the least issue of militancy. smiley

Akwa Ibom Ayaya

PS: those that think Edo youths are more matured than other states probably dont know much about many Edo youths.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Cross Rivers, Akwa Ibom And Edo States Less In Militancy Despite Being ND by Abagworo(m): 7:48am On Jun 03, 2016
rozayx5:
there are. but the ijaw ones have been the most notorious

i just see this as a payback. if only bh had given goodluck peace who knows

unlike bh who dont affect the nations income. nda have already put the budget in jeopardy

Boko Haram was never a political strategy like NDA. Boko Haram is a religious extremist group and even deadlier than NDA and was never targeted at Jonathan as many have insinuated. The war is still on even though largely won by Buhari government.

No sane man will encourage the NDA nonsense and its possibility of leading to unnecessary war and killings for no other reason than the loss of Jonathan at the polls.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Cross Rivers, Akwa Ibom And Edo States Less In Militancy Despite Being ND by attackgat: 7:51am On Jun 03, 2016
priceaction:
@lalasticlala Mynd44

Because historically, the Ijoid people just like their Igbo neigbours have always been a much more republican people who have hated imperialism from the word go. If we remember, the Ijaw and Igbo nations fought the British. After the British left, they continued fighting Nigeria. The Efik/Ibibio nation have been more docile. But from what Im hearing amongst them, things are changing.

4 Likes

Re: Why Cross Rivers, Akwa Ibom And Edo States Less In Militancy Despite Being ND by pedrilo: 7:55am On Jun 03, 2016
DaGC:
Apart from Akwa Ibom, I dont think the other states are oil producing states, so there's really nothing to agitate for.

Nonetheless, its wrong to castigate the people of the rest states by the actions of a collective few.

Kudos to Akwa Ibomites for being the highest oil producing state and with the least issue of militancy. smiley

Akwa Ibom Ayaya

PS: those that think Edo youths are more matured than other states probably dont know much about many Edo youths.
u
Re: Why Cross Rivers, Akwa Ibom And Edo States Less In Militancy Despite Being ND by pedrilo: 7:55am On Jun 03, 2016
DaGC:

Akwa Ibom Ayaya

u want to insult ur father abi?

5 Likes

Re: Why Cross Rivers, Akwa Ibom And Edo States Less In Militancy Despite Being ND by DaGC(m): 7:56am On Jun 03, 2016
pedrilo:
u want to insult ur father abi?

Nope
Re: Why Cross Rivers, Akwa Ibom And Edo States Less In Militancy Despite Being ND by ITbomb(m): 7:57am On Jun 03, 2016
HEIR:
OP guess you're a little ignorant about this subject. we can hardly say Edo and cross river are ND States, even though they're in south south.
How many oil well are in Edo and cross river? oil well in Akwa Ibom state are mostly in the shallow waters and eket.

I don't support violence in any form. But these people are suffering, amidst to much wealth from their region. Just one visit, your mindset would change.
There's no single oil well in Eket

The reason I that most installations are in the waters and areas where there are shallow water wells especially Ibeno and Mbo, the people have been cowed into silent by government back police intimidation. In Delta, Bayelsa etc you can see a big man sponsoring those youth but no single man in Akwa Ibom is buoyant enough to fight government. 95% of millionaire there are government people

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Cross Rivers, Akwa Ibom And Edo States Less In Militancy Despite Being ND by SWG25: 8:00am On Jun 03, 2016
Its because those other states(Delta, Bayelsa, Rivers) have been the most exploited and neglected.
Too much oil money given with nothing to show for it.
Besides, Edo and Cross River are not really Niger Delta.
Re: Why Cross Rivers, Akwa Ibom And Edo States Less In Militancy Despite Being ND by Nobody: 8:06am On Jun 03, 2016
The more the degredation, the more the anger and militancy. Their lands are simply less polluted .

1 Like

Re: Why Cross Rivers, Akwa Ibom And Edo States Less In Militancy Despite Being ND by tinkinjow: 8:07am On Jun 03, 2016
Ok noted. But let the agitation continue.
Re: Why Cross Rivers, Akwa Ibom And Edo States Less In Militancy Despite Being ND by GEJisBOKO: 8:11am On Jun 03, 2016
SWG25:
Its because those other states(Delta, Bayelsa, Rivers) have been the most exploited and neglected.
Too much oil money given with nothing to show for it.
Besides, Edo and Cross River are not really Niger Delta.
But that is the part of the region that has produced a Vice President and a President.

2 Likes

Re: Why Cross Rivers, Akwa Ibom And Edo States Less In Militancy Despite Being ND by 4stylz: 9:11am On Jun 03, 2016
DaGC:

Akwa Ibom Ayaya

My friend shut up there , when you talk of lazy,.Akwa ibom is the headquarter, bizness mood zero, I am from Benin and I know igbos owns must biznesses in uyo; all you do is sit down and wait for government to pay or share money; akpabio did all he could but your people couldnt adjust , I wonder why most house boys and girls are from there and you have the guts to talk about Edo.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Cross Rivers, Akwa Ibom And Edo States Less In Militancy Despite Being ND by OrlandoOwoh(m): 9:21am On Jun 03, 2016
Abagworo:

You are so wrong with your ascertion. Almost the entire South Central Nigeria once paid tributes to Benin kingdom.

@OP Akwa Ibom, Cross River and Edo are not Niger Delta. They are only in South south as a Geopolitical zone. Niger Delta comprises of the Niger tributaries which is inhabited mostly by Ijaw ethnic group and other smaller ethnic groups like Okrika, Kalabari, Ogbia, Abua, Andoni, Bonny who are all closely related to Ijaw.
In the contest we're looking, Niger Delta comprises the oil producing states which are nine in number. Apart from the six South South states of Bayelsa, Rivers, Akwa-Ibom, Cross-River, Edo and Delta (BRACED); Ondo (South West) as well as Imo and Abia (South East) produce oil. These nine states have the NDDC carrying out projects in them.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Cross Rivers, Akwa Ibom And Edo States Less In Militancy Despite Being ND by DaGC(m): 9:22am On Jun 03, 2016
4stylz:

My friend shut up there , when you talk of lazy,.Akwa ibom is the headquarter, bizness mood zero, I am from Benin and I know igbos owns must biznesses in uyo; all you do is sit down and wait for government to pay or share money; akpabio did all he could but your people couldnt adjust , I wonder why most house boys and girls are from there and you have the guts to talk about Edo.

Hahaha, some read but clearly can't understand.

1st of all, I never said I was from Akwa Ibom, neither did I say youths from any of the aforementioned states are lazy. I only praised Akwa Ibom for low issue of militancy despite being Nigeria's highest oil producer.

The lack of understanding and anger in your response already proves my point about the average Edo youth being 'more matured' than the average youth of other states. Smh

2 Likes

Re: Why Cross Rivers, Akwa Ibom And Edo States Less In Militancy Despite Being ND by Goke7: 9:23am On Jun 03, 2016
otokx:

Thank me later.

you seem to be right bruv
Re: Why Cross Rivers, Akwa Ibom And Edo States Less In Militancy Despite Being ND by OrlandoOwoh(m): 9:30am On Jun 03, 2016
attackgat:

Because historically, the Ijoid people just like their Igbo neigbours have always been a much more republican people who have hated imperialism from the word go. If we remember, the Ijaw and Igbo nations fought the British. After the British left, they continued fighting Nigeria. The Efik/Ibibio nation have been more docile. But from what Im hearing amongst them, things are changing.
Ijaw don't like imperialism and even fought the whitemen more than any group in Nigeria? You're a liar. No group subjugated themselves to the whiteman like the Ijaw. They went to the extent of droping their names and adopting those of the Europeans. The Europeans be said to have conquered them "nomenclaturally." Today, among the Ijaw you here names like Bruce, Briggs, Dickson, Long John, Aggrey, Jonathan, etc.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Cross Rivers, Akwa Ibom And Edo States Less In Militancy Despite Being ND by Noneroone(m): 9:32am On Jun 03, 2016
Op you must differenciate among
"south-south" "oil producing states" "minorities" and "niger delta region"

except for political Niger delta, the Niger delta region cut accross only three states, Rivers, Bayelsa and Delta states

1 Like

Re: Why Cross Rivers, Akwa Ibom And Edo States Less In Militancy Despite Being ND by 4stylz: 9:32am On Jun 03, 2016
DaGC:

Hahaha, some read but clearly can't understand.

1st of all, I never said I was from Akwa Ibom, neither did I say youths from any of the aforementioned states are lazy. I only praised Akwa Ibom for low issue of militancy despite being Nigeria's highest oil producer.

The lack of understanding and anger in your response already proves my point about the average Edo youth being 'more matured' than the average youth of other states. Smh

You are the one confusing yourself, you need to get your head checked my man
Re: Why Cross Rivers, Akwa Ibom And Edo States Less In Militancy Despite Being ND by DaGC(m): 9:40am On Jun 03, 2016
4stylz:

You are the one confusing yourself, you need to get your head checked my man

Oga, oya point out where I said Edo youths or any other state youths are lazy

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Yoruba Ruling Family That Lost Out In Ilorin / "Can You Believe That I Will Be Impeached Today" - Donald Trump Cries Out / This Is One Of Nigerian Governor Climbing A Truck. PHOTOS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.