Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,807 members, 7,831,632 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 11:04 PM

Engine Refused Start After Crackshaft Was Changed - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Engine Refused Start After Crackshaft Was Changed (1607 Views)

Car Won't Start After Buying Fuel / Honda Accord 2010 Engine Won't Start After Oil Leak / Please Help: My Car Refuses To Start After Re-filling The Tank (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Engine Refused Start After Crackshaft Was Changed by fidtopade: 7:58am On Jun 03, 2016
My 2006 camry engine got knocked while driving on highway. My mechanic had the crackshaft/meters,camp chaft change and also replaced the rings. After coupling back the
engine, it refused to start.
Now the rewire said its brainbox, but I don't believe him.
Please anybody with idea on what could be responsible for the engine refusal to start?
Re: Engine Refused Start After Crackshaft Was Changed by mayor2013: 9:12am On Jun 03, 2016
Your car has been successfully kazeemised. Best bet is to get another engine. Better still run a scan first on your car

1 Like

Re: Engine Refused Start After Crackshaft Was Changed by nurey(m): 9:20am On Jun 03, 2016
Does the engine crank?

1st of all, if the engine cranks, but doesn't start then start by telling the mechanic to check the timing and also replace the crank and cam sensor if available.

Also provide engine specs and type if possible eg Toyota camry i4 1mz engine
Re: Engine Refused Start After Crackshaft Was Changed by ministeriallist: 9:20am On Jun 03, 2016
The car has been Sikirurized or kamorurized grin
Re: Engine Refused Start After Crackshaft Was Changed by ministeriallist: 9:31am On Jun 03, 2016
mayor2013:
Your car has been successfully kazeemised. Best bet is to get another engine. Better still run a scan first on your car
grin
Re: Engine Refused Start After Crackshaft Was Changed by salvo583: 9:40am On Jun 03, 2016
I thought it is a nissan that was why i opened the thread because that's what the manufacturer is known for. Well, does the engine crank at all?
Re: Engine Refused Start After Crackshaft Was Changed by GAZZUZZ(m): 9:42am On Jun 03, 2016
fidtopade:
My 2006 camry engine got knocked while driving on highway. My mechanic had the crackshaft/meters,camp chaft change and also replaced the rings. After coupling back the
engine, it refused to start.
Now the rewire said its brainbox, but I don't believe him.
Please anybody with idea on what could be responsible for the engine refusal to start?

it is not the engine ecu, aka brainbox, tell mechanic to open the timing chain cover, go there with your camera enabled phone, meet me on what's app and I will explain what to do. 08033910382

Modified: look at the part I unloaded, mechanics always make the mistake of flipping it to the wrong side.

3 Likes

Re: Engine Refused Start After Crackshaft Was Changed by fidtopade: 7:42am On Jun 04, 2016
GAZZUZZ:

it is not the engine ecu, aka brainbox, tell mechanic to open the timing chain cover, go there with your camera enabled phone, meet me on what's app and I will explain what to do. 08033910382

Modified: look at the part I unloaded, mechanics always make the mistake of flipping it to the wrong side.
My brother, are you an electrician or mechanic. I think you have lots of experience about Toyota Engine, what you said was exactly what really happened. The mechanic contulted his friend whom is a mechanic/electrian and was able to correct the error. I was there with them so I couldn't check back on this post to see your input on time. Nairaland is a house that contains the Good, the Bad and the Urgly, daily challenges make me know more about this wonderful house.
Thank you and God bless you. Please, If you don't mined I will like to be consulting you whenever I have issue (s) relating to vehicle. Once again, I thank and appreciate you and others who have contributed constructively.
Re: Engine Refused Start After Crackshaft Was Changed by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:44am On Jun 04, 2016
fidtopade:

My brother, are you an electrician or mechanic. I think you have lots of experience about Toyota Engine, what you said was exactly what really happened. The mechanic contulted his friend whom is a mechanic/electrian and was able to correct the error. I was there with them so I couldn't check back on this post to see your input on time. Nairaland is a house that contains the Good, the Bad and the Urgly, daily challenges make me know more about this wonderful house.
Thank you and God bless you. Please, If you don't mined I will like to be consulting you whenever I have issue (s) relating to vehicle. Once again, I thank and appreciate you and others who have contributed constructively.

cool Glad to be of help.

1 Like

Re: Engine Refused Start After Crackshaft Was Changed by baaliyah(m): 6:05pm On Jun 05, 2016
fidtopade:

He is the 'Jagaban' of car talk.

3 Likes

Re: Engine Refused Start After Crackshaft Was Changed by Nobody: 6:31pm On Jun 05, 2016
Crackshaft.
Meters.
Camp Chaft.

What parts are these? And where are they located in an engine? undecided

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Engine Refused Start After Crackshaft Was Changed by diportivo: 6:41am On Jun 06, 2016
Siena:
Crackshaft.
Meters.
Camp Chaft.

grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Engine Refused Start After Crackshaft Was Changed by Nobody: 4:17pm On Jun 06, 2016
Your mechanic has messed up your car, am sure he didnt reconnect his wires correctly.

Did he check the ignition timing? in the haste of repairing your car he has mixed up things in the engine.

You need to just buy a new engine and a new mechanic. My sincere condolences. cool
Re: Engine Refused Start After Crackshaft Was Changed by Nobody: 4:28pm On Jun 06, 2016
kaeforum:
Your mechanic has messed up your car, am sure he didnt reconnect his wires correctly.

Did he check the ignition timing? in the haste of repairing your car he has mixed up things in the engine.

You need to just buy a new engine and a new mechanic. My sincere condolences. cool

The only thing you read in the thread was the original post.

2 Likes

Re: Engine Refused Start After Crackshaft Was Changed by Nobody: 6:40pm On Jun 06, 2016
Costee:

The only thing you read in the thread was the original post.
grin
Accurate inference.
Re: Engine Refused Start After Crackshaft Was Changed by luvinhubby(m): 8:47pm On Jun 06, 2016
Siena:
Crackshaft.
Meters.
Camp Chaft.

My momma warned me about ya type. grin grin grin

Could not help laughing myself. cheesy

(1) (Reply)

Chinese Go Kart Being Claimed As Built In Nigeria / Is Driving Automatic Cars With Both Feet Bad? / Please I Want To Know The Type Of Transmission Oil To Use For Lexus Es 330 2005

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.