Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,768 members, 7,809,959 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:51 PM

How To Make Homemade Tiger Nut And Coconut Milk (photos) - Food (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / How To Make Homemade Tiger Nut And Coconut Milk (photos) (78461 Views)

My Homemade Meat Pie Recipe / How To Make Creamy Coconut Milk At Home / How To Make Tiger Nut Milk (kunun Aya) A Natural Aphrodisiac! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Make Homemade Tiger Nut And Coconut Milk (photos) by babestell(f): 4:51pm On Jun 03, 2016
This drink is also aphrodisiac so if you have no means of easing the tension pls be careful how you drink it. It's very popular up north (at least where I served in Kano State). And sometimes people add ginger for taste.

5 Likes

Re: How To Make Homemade Tiger Nut And Coconut Milk (photos) by pinkyliceous(f): 4:52pm On Jun 03, 2016
I will make this this weekend. Should I blend with the date seed?
Re: How To Make Homemade Tiger Nut And Coconut Milk (photos) by pinkyliceous(f): 4:54pm On Jun 03, 2016
Teach me how to make other drinks apart from zobo and kunu. Thank you.
Re: How To Make Homemade Tiger Nut And Coconut Milk (photos) by Giyerte(m): 4:58pm On Jun 03, 2016
Iriruaga100:
Op, what is d local name for debino or is that d local or market name?

Dates in English and debinu in local market
Re: How To Make Homemade Tiger Nut And Coconut Milk (photos) by lepasharon(f): 4:58pm On Jun 03, 2016
Why does this one look different?

2 Likes

Re: How To Make Homemade Tiger Nut And Coconut Milk (photos) by LEXYCOM: 5:00pm On Jun 03, 2016
MilesLamar:

Lol the post isn't mine self. . .buh with common sense u suppose knw say u go remove d seed.
Same common sense should have told u that some people may not have eaten Debino before talkless of knowing it contain seeds........calling their attention to it could save a life from expirencing stomach ache after doing the mistake of blending it with the seed

11 Likes

Re: How To Make Homemade Tiger Nut And Coconut Milk (photos) by mira4u: 5:02pm On Jun 03, 2016
Must make this for my hubby. Nice!!!

2 Likes

Re: How To Make Homemade Tiger Nut And Coconut Milk (photos) by bbjummy: 5:11pm On Jun 03, 2016
I prefer to wash them, then chop the coconut and date into smaller units, refrigerate and chew without blending.
Tiger nut +coconut +date =All in my mouth at once hmm! So yummy . That's how we enjoy it here in the north.

1 Like

Re: How To Make Homemade Tiger Nut And Coconut Milk (photos) by lindiwey: 5:16pm On Jun 03, 2016
babestell:
This drink is also aphrodisiac so if you have no means of easing the tension pls be careful how you drink it. It's very popular up north (at least where I served in Kano State). And sometimes people add ginger for taste.

So true! Kayan mata tinz cheesy grin grin

1 Like

Re: How To Make Homemade Tiger Nut And Coconut Milk (photos) by bbjummy: 5:16pm On Jun 03, 2016
bigboss80s:
This stuff tastes amazing even without sugar.

It has a similar taste to pina colada.

Don't forget to sieve it!

And OP pls work on ur grammar, no offence.
Sieving it isn't really necessary. What you sieve away really aids in digestion but if you must sieve it, then go ahead.

1 Like

Re: How To Make Homemade Tiger Nut And Coconut Milk (photos) by oluseyiforjesus(m): 5:22pm On Jun 03, 2016
mohince:
Tiger-nut, Coconut and Debino(dates)drink known as KUNU-AYA. This drink is just exceptional and highly nutritious.
Very easy to prepare:
wash and Soak your Debino(dates) to soft.
wash and slice your coconut to pieces
wash your tiger-nut
Blend the contents above with a blender and ready for consumption
You wouldn't wanna miss this Just give it a shot. I just did mine...... Today is Friday.
OP u mean u won't seive it?
Re: How To Make Homemade Tiger Nut And Coconut Milk (photos) by bbjummy: 5:24pm On Jun 03, 2016
MadCow1:
CHIVITA or Five Alive dey make am? Because I no get energy to go dey find Abokee to buy all these things come go dey find blender, then wait for the year wey NEPA go bring light to do am.. angry
You can always chew them collectively in their normal state. You don't really need to blend.

1 Like

Re: How To Make Homemade Tiger Nut And Coconut Milk (photos) by repogirl(f): 5:25pm On Jun 03, 2016
I am so making this.

It's operation home made snacks and no more sugar for me and my kids.

Thanks OP.
Re: How To Make Homemade Tiger Nut And Coconut Milk (photos) by godguy: 5:32pm On Jun 03, 2016
OP,
i made this stuff, it coagulates after the 1st day and the taste changes. can you explain what else i need to do.
Re: How To Make Homemade Tiger Nut And Coconut Milk (photos) by emvico(m): 5:32pm On Jun 03, 2016
freshness2020:
Please what's the local name
kunu coconut (8 cheesy tongue

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How To Make Homemade Tiger Nut And Coconut Milk (photos) by jayriginal: 5:39pm On Jun 03, 2016
mohince:
Tiger-nut, Coconut and Debino(dates)drink known as KUNU-AYA. This drink is just exceptional and highly nutritious.
Very easy to prepare:
wash your tiger-nut
You wouldn't wanna miss this Just give it a shot. I just did mine...... Today is Friday.

Hic. . .

Can you put alcihol in it?
Re: How To Make Homemade Tiger Nut And Coconut Milk (photos) by Onezie(f): 5:46pm On Jun 03, 2016
Wash, soak and blend tiger nuts, dates, coconut and ginger. Sieve and add sugar & flavour to taste. Serve it chill and note dat it has to be refrigerated to prevent it from going bad. Thank u

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Make Homemade Tiger Nut And Coconut Milk (photos) by lepasharon(f): 5:52pm On Jun 03, 2016
Onezie:
Wash, soak and blend tiger nuts, dates, coconut and ginger. Sieve and add sugar & flavour to taste. Serve it chill and note dat it has to be refrigerated to prevent it from going bad. Thank u

Lol,Your short summary is better than the OP

6 Likes

Re: How To Make Homemade Tiger Nut And Coconut Milk (photos) by Onezie(f): 6:06pm On Jun 03, 2016
lepasharon:

Lol,Your short summary is better than the OP
Lols, thank u my dear grin

1 Like

Re: How To Make Homemade Tiger Nut And Coconut Milk (photos) by springtech(m): 6:35pm On Jun 03, 2016
OMG I love that Tiger nut like KILODE. I buy it almost everyday on my way back from work, once I get to Rumukwurusi bus stop PH, you need to see the way people look at this man dressed in suit patronizing a northerner at the BUS STOP.

Taaaaaaah.

Me I no send no body, I buy my thing, get away, enter keke and ZOOOOM.

Getting home, my kids be like, daddy, what did you buy
Me I be like: I bought our "as usual na".
Children: Daddy oya let mummy wash if for us na.
Wifey: Na the dry one or the wet one.
Me: Na the 2 I buy oooo, you eat the one u like na.

My family been like TIGER NUT since 1956.

We are gonna try the juice soon.

9 Likes

Re: How To Make Homemade Tiger Nut And Coconut Milk (photos) by lepasharon(f): 6:37pm On Jun 03, 2016
springtech:
OMG I love that Tiger nut like KILODE. I buy it almost everyday on my way back from work, once I get to Rumukwurusi bus stop, you need to see the way people look at this man dressed in suit patronizing an aboki at the BUS STOP.

Taaaaaaah.

Me I no send no body, I buy my thing, get away, enter keke and ZOOOOM.

Getting home, my kids be like, daddy, what did you buy
Me I be like: I bought our "as usual na".
Children: Daddy oya let mummy wash if for us na.
Wifey: Na the dry one or the wet one.
Me: Na the 2 I buy oooo, you eat the one u like na.

My family been like TIGER NUT since 1956.

We are gonna try the juice soon.

What does it taste like
Re: How To Make Homemade Tiger Nut And Coconut Milk (photos) by Olayinka777(m): 6:56pm On Jun 03, 2016
mohince:
Very easy to prepare:
wash your tiger-nut
Op don't you think you missed something out? Is it not important your sieve after blending all these items? Just an observation!
Re: How To Make Homemade Tiger Nut And Coconut Milk (photos) by Kurd(m): 7:05pm On Jun 03, 2016
Ewo! My blender oh

1 Like

Re: How To Make Homemade Tiger Nut And Coconut Milk (photos) by sheilak: 7:14pm On Jun 03, 2016
Sugar should be optional. Date has more than enough sugar to sweeten the drink already
mohince:
Add a sugar........ So simple. Best for served..... I love this so sweet and delicious

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How To Make Homemade Tiger Nut And Coconut Milk (photos) by sheilak: 7:17pm On Jun 03, 2016
Date seed is as hard as a rock stone. sad
pinkyliceous:
I will make this this weekend. Should I blend with the date seed?

Re: How To Make Homemade Tiger Nut And Coconut Milk (photos) by Ogetogeo(m): 7:33pm On Jun 03, 2016
This is Kayan Mata remixed.
Very good for women with expectations grin

I mean it increases heat period!
Re: How To Make Homemade Tiger Nut And Coconut Milk (photos) by Coolgent(m): 7:35pm On Jun 03, 2016
bigboss80s:
This stuff tastes amazing even without sugar.

It has a similar taste to pina colada.

Don't forget to sieve it!

And OP pls work on ur grammar, no offence.
Who grammar epp?

3 Likes

Re: How To Make Homemade Tiger Nut And Coconut Milk (photos) by Coolgent(m): 7:39pm On Jun 03, 2016
Iriruaga100:
Op, what is d local name for debino or is that d local or market name?
Dabino is it local name
Re: How To Make Homemade Tiger Nut And Coconut Milk (photos) by Coolgent(m): 7:41pm On Jun 03, 2016
freshness2020:
Please what's the local name
The combination of both ingredients are called KUNUN-AYA

Tiger nut = AYA
Date = Dabino
Coconut = Kwakwa

1 Like

Re: How To Make Homemade Tiger Nut And Coconut Milk (photos) by Klington: 7:46pm On Jun 03, 2016
mohince:
Add a sugar........ So simple. Best for served..... I love this so sweet and delicious
Good job
pls how long do u need to soak d debino ?
tnx
Re: How To Make Homemade Tiger Nut And Coconut Milk (photos) by Kaira333: 7:46pm On Jun 03, 2016
Won't it purge ur tummy? I mean ofo osisa.
Re: How To Make Homemade Tiger Nut And Coconut Milk (photos) by Klington: 7:46pm On Jun 03, 2016
mohince:
Good job
pls how long do u need to soak d debino ?
do u need to add water

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

See The Prize Of Chin Chin In A Restaurant In Lekki (photo) / Huge Python Sold For N4,500 (Photos, Video) / Snake And Cane Rat For Dinner (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.