Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,505 members, 7,819,831 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:59 AM

No Cooking With Fire In Benin Kingdom On Sunday - Culture (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / No Cooking With Fire In Benin Kingdom On Sunday (33333 Views)

Nigerian Man Visits British Museum, Spots Stolen Benin Kingdom Artifacts. Photos / Ezelekhae Ewuare: The Crown Prince Of Benin Kingdom Unveiled In Edo (Photos) / Strange Scenes From Coronation Of Oba In Benin Kingdom. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: No Cooking With Fire In Benin Kingdom On Sunday by trumpclinton: 6:27am On Jun 04, 2016
Yes is all about firewood. The spirits will be out that day and they don't like smoke. you can cook with your gas or stove. Mind u, if you have a smoking stove you are on your own. The smoke will attract d spirits and they might just take a strol to your house .
Re: No Cooking With Fire In Benin Kingdom On Sunday by dgysoft(m): 6:28am On Jun 04, 2016
I for like come see wetin dem use. Cook food for the people way come. For the burial. O di egwu
Re: No Cooking With Fire In Benin Kingdom On Sunday by koxi: 6:48am On Jun 04, 2016
ZORO47:
biko where are those from Benin? Come and teach us how you cook without fire Abi una dey use electric cooker for village undecided

My guy you dey reason well!
I dey echo ur sentiments, if dem say make dem no use fire cook, na air dey go come use?
See talk ooh! ! shocked
Re: No Cooking With Fire In Benin Kingdom On Sunday by Gablo500(m): 6:53am On Jun 04, 2016
paulstrings:
Electric cooker no be fire naa B-) ...Edo people, I hail thee

I swear ur sense de ur ArmPit..... I hail thee bros
When electric cooker turn fire.... U need Dictionary?
Re: No Cooking With Fire In Benin Kingdom On Sunday by paulstrings(m): 7:24am On Jun 04, 2016
Gablo500:

I swear ur sense de ur ArmPit..... I hail thee bros
When electric cooker turn fire.... U need Dictionary?

if only you had patience to process and study my comment, you won't be daft enough to expose your foolishness to Nairaland...
Now, the Bible says, he who "Lacks Wisdom", Let him ask of God that giveth Liberally (James 1:5)...It's only God that can help you for "free" undecided
Re: No Cooking With Fire In Benin Kingdom On Sunday by Lamor(f): 7:54am On Jun 04, 2016
ZORO47:
biko where are those from Benin? Come and teach us how you cook without fire Abi una dey use electric cooker for village undecided
Has benin now become a village?
Re: No Cooking With Fire In Benin Kingdom On Sunday by freakffffffffff: 8:09am On Jun 04, 2016
Mine is better,I hv something to eat....
Re: No Cooking With Fire In Benin Kingdom On Sunday by Nobody: 8:41am On Jun 04, 2016
trumpclinton:
Yes is all about firewood. The spirits will be out that day and they don't like smoke. you can cook with your gas or stove. Mind u, if you have a smoking stove you are on your own. The smoke will attract d spirits and they might just take a strol to your house .
hahaha
Re: No Cooking With Fire In Benin Kingdom On Sunday by Thelmerh(f): 8:52am On Jun 04, 2016
mineANDurs:
Cooking without fire? shocked

Can someone explain it pls cos I do not understand how someone can cook without fire.
it simply means u can cook wit stove gas etc but not firewood.
Re: No Cooking With Fire In Benin Kingdom On Sunday by Dugozpweeti(f): 9:09am On Jun 04, 2016
Segadem:
[size=14pt] No with THUNDER grin[/size]

Or lightening... grin
Segadem:
[size=14pt] No with THUNDER grin[/size]

Or lightening...

1 Like

Re: No Cooking With Fire In Benin Kingdom On Sunday by BABANGBALI: 9:40am On Jun 04, 2016
Wetin go happen if dem cook with fire? Benin people dey on gala and lacasera level be dat o or gari and groundnut
Re: No Cooking With Fire In Benin Kingdom On Sunday by BABANGBALI: 9:41am On Jun 04, 2016
trumpclinton:
story for the gods
Re: No Cooking With Fire In Benin Kingdom On Sunday by sparkleRed(f): 10:21am On Jun 04, 2016
krazykoons:
uniben students will definitely break the rules

U get am ow u go say make dem no chow, ow dem want make dem jack 4 night class

1 Like

Re: No Cooking With Fire In Benin Kingdom On Sunday by Nobody: 10:28am On Jun 04, 2016
mhizmercinda:

lolzzz.......re u serious??re we dat strong headed
Yes we are oo. Should we cook with ice?
Re: No Cooking With Fire In Benin Kingdom On Sunday by Born2Breed(f): 10:50am On Jun 04, 2016
ZORO47:

Fruits and vegies.
Re: No Cooking With Fire In Benin Kingdom On Sunday by lizzynicole: 11:04am On Jun 04, 2016
wetin dem go kan eat
Re: No Cooking With Fire In Benin Kingdom On Sunday by enomakos(m): 11:43am On Jun 04, 2016
Jacko01:
If i cook with fire inside my house Tell me how u go take know Lubbish
try it with firewood tomorrow and see?
Re: No Cooking With Fire In Benin Kingdom On Sunday by Onegai(f): 12:04pm On Jun 04, 2016
Laredojohn:

Dis is serious...if this still applies today...thanks for the info though.

Bini culture is one of the oldest and most respected in Africa because they take their culture dead-serious. That's a fact (go to a lot of museums and you'll see proof). They just don't make noise and attract attention to it like Yoruba culture has done successfully (which they should). The oldest church in Nigeria is in Benin city and people from around the world go there (Nigerians and foreigners alike). In Bini culture, one doesn't get married on Market Day. Even if you're in the U.S. as long as the date you pick for your traditional engagement falls on Traditional Market day in Benin city, no-one will do the marriage. It has affected people I know (who had to either postpone their wedding by a week or just have a party that day and do the engagement quietly the next day). Other tribes (like Igbo, Igala, Nupe, Tiv etc) should start taking their cultures serious because there's a lot of money to be made in Tourism and Anthropology.

1 Like

Re: No Cooking With Fire In Benin Kingdom On Sunday by Nobody: 12:05pm On Jun 04, 2016
BrosMayowa:
Lol.. They should install cctv to monitor their kitchens naa.. Mch.. Iraanu
Abasha
Re: No Cooking With Fire In Benin Kingdom On Sunday by spencekat(m): 1:02pm On Jun 04, 2016
trumpclinton:
Story
Re: No Cooking With Fire In Benin Kingdom On Sunday by Laredojohn(m): 1:06pm On Jun 04, 2016
Onegai:

Bini culture is one of the oldest and most respected in Africa because they take their culture dead-serious. That's a fact (go to a lot of museums and you'll see proof). They just don't make noise and attract attention to it like Yoruba culture has done successfully (which they should). The oldest church in Nigeria is in Benin city and people from around the world go there (Nigerians and foreigners alike). In Bini culture, one doesn't get married on Market Day. Even if you're in the U.S. as long as the date you pick for your traditional engagement falls on Traditional Market day in Benin city, no-one will do the marriage. It has affected people I know (who had to either postpone their wedding by a week or just have a party that day and do the engagement quietly the next day). Other tribes (like Igbo, Igala, Nupe, Tiv etc) should start taking their cultures serious because there's a lot of money to be made in Tourism and Anthropology.
Very true, now that, Nigeria is looking beyond oil, our culture and tradition has a lot to sell to the international community
Re: No Cooking With Fire In Benin Kingdom On Sunday by brojoshua: 3:31pm On Jun 04, 2016
Every kingdom obeys the commandments of the principality and power ( demons of Satan) that rules over them, doing the will of their father Satan. But all who have been truly saved by God by His grace through faith obey only the commandments of their Lord Jesus Christ. But Satan rules over the kingdoms of the world through his demons, and the sins which a particular kingdom or society is known for will determine the type of demon of Satan that will be ruling over such a kingdom and the commandments that such a demon gives to the people he rules over are what they will be obeying and observing and also preaching. Since people lost faith in God and believe in Satan obeyed Satan and fell, the people of the world had divided themselves and gave themselves to various demons of Satan to rule over them on behalf of Satan their their prince.
But let sinners believe in Christ Jesus the Saviour of the world and they will be saved and then they be free from commandments of demons and men and become servants and slaves of God in Christ Jesus. Thank you
Re: No Cooking With Fire In Benin Kingdom On Sunday by Brownzola(m): 4:32pm On Jun 04, 2016
they will cook with solar abi? what a culture...
Re: No Cooking With Fire In Benin Kingdom On Sunday by mhizmercinda(f): 7:27pm On Jun 05, 2016
sylvalord:
lolzzzz..........or probably with air
Re: No Cooking With Fire In Benin Kingdom On Sunday by mhizmercinda(f): 7:27pm On Jun 05, 2016
sylvalord:
lolzzzz..........or probably with air.no mind dem jawe.dnt believe in such
Re: No Cooking With Fire In Benin Kingdom On Sunday by mhizmercinda(f): 7:41pm On Jun 05, 2016
[i][/i][color=#770077][/color]
fados4sure:

He means you people are gluttons

Let's see if Lalasticlala love Benin culture the way he love snake & monitoring lizard
hehehehe.........Lalasticlala cum o........but bros we hv to eat na tongue
fados4sure:

He means you people are gluttons

Let's see if Lalasticlala love Benin culture the way he love snake & monitoring lizard
hehehehe.........Lalasticlala cum o........but bros we hv to eat na
Re: No Cooking With Fire In Benin Kingdom On Sunday by mhizmercinda(f): 7:46pm On Jun 05, 2016
Bishops10:
You school in Uniben?
nt really
Re: No Cooking With Fire In Benin Kingdom On Sunday by Nobody: 8:04pm On Jun 05, 2016
mhizmercinda:
[i][/i][color=#770077][/color] hehehehe.........Lalasticlala cum o........but bros we hv to eat na tongue hehehehe.........Lalasticlala cum o........but bros we hv to eat na
Did you still eat?
Re: No Cooking With Fire In Benin Kingdom On Sunday by Bishops10(m): 11:31pm On Jun 05, 2016
mhizmercinda:
nt really
[size=50pt] OK [/size]
Re: No Cooking With Fire In Benin Kingdom On Sunday by Evalily(f): 1:17pm On Jun 06, 2016
As if dem go do house to house check to see who cook with fire!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Slay Queen Took To Her Heels As Masquerade Moved Towards Her At An Event (Video) / White Woman Speaks Urhobo Language Fluently / Arochukwu (in Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.