Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,407 members, 7,861,147 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 03:30 AM

FG Orders Banks To Stop Retrenching Workers - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Orders Banks To Stop Retrenching Workers (619 Views)

FG Orders Security Agencies To Monitor Social Media Posts Of ‘prominent Nigerian / Govt Orders Banks To Stop Retrenching Workers -pm News (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

FG Orders Banks To Stop Retrenching Workers by wengerjay(m): 6:46pm On Jun 03, 2016
ederal Government on Friday directed banks, insurance and financial institutions to suspend the on-going retrenchment in the sector.

This is contained in a statement signed by the Minister of Labour and Employment, Dr Chris Ngige, and made available to newsmen in Abuja.

“Following spate of petitions and complaints from stakeholders in the banking, insurance and financial institutions, I hereby direct the suspension of the on-going retrenchment pending the outcome of the conciliatory meetings in the industry.

“This is as a result of the apprehension by my office of the various disputes in the sector in accordance and in compliance with the provisions of the labour laws of Nigeria,’’ it said.

The statement said that the decision was further predicated on the fact that the continued retrenchment and redundancy by the sector were jeopardising the outcome of the reconciliatory and mediatory processes undertaken by the ministry.

“In this wise, all the retrenchments and redundancies done in the last four months and all proposed ones should be put on hold.

“Pending the outcome of the proposed stakeholders’ summit for the banking, insurance and financial institutions’ employers and employees, slated for the first week of July 2,’’ the statement read in part.

However, Ngige advised all parties in the interest of industrial peace and harmony to maintain the status-quo ante-belumhttp://www.pmnewsnigeria.com/2016/06/03/govt-orders-banks-to-stop-retrenching-workers/
Re: FG Orders Banks To Stop Retrenching Workers by Nobody: 6:49pm On Jun 03, 2016
You don't just order an employer to retain its employees... Will you pay them at month's end?

You look into matter, analyze, think, before ranting

*my opinion

2 Likes

Re: FG Orders Banks To Stop Retrenching Workers by bettercreature(m): 6:51pm On Jun 03, 2016
KingJB:
You don't just order an employer to retain its employees... Will you pay them at month's end?

You look into matter, analyze, think, before ranting

*my opinion
Dont mind them they are clueless acting like military regim,maybe he is going to help employers to pay its employee
This governnent is just embarassing me
Before you know it another recruit will pop out of aso rock to deny this claim
Re: FG Orders Banks To Stop Retrenching Workers by adioolayi(m): 6:53pm On Jun 03, 2016
...And who Pays Their Salaries
Re: FG Orders Banks To Stop Retrenching Workers by Mynd44: 6:53pm On Jun 03, 2016

(1)

What The BIBLE Said About Change!!!( PHOTO) / Civis Nigerianus Sum – I Am A Citizen Of Nigeria By Goodluck Jonathan / Photos: Youths In Akwa Ibom Disrupt FG Townhall Meeting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.