Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,125 members, 7,821,858 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:14 PM

My Girlfriend Is A Sleep-Walker (Somnambulist) - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / My Girlfriend Is A Sleep-Walker (Somnambulist) (6482 Views)

Signs You Might Have A Sleep Disorder / Is Hypnagogic Jerk A Sleep Disorder? / My Girlfriend Is HIV Positive But: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Girlfriend Is A Sleep-Walker (Somnambulist) by Nevillexus: 11:06am On Aug 25, 2009
Hey friends,

Please I need your help or suggestions,i recently discovered that my new girlfriend is a somnambulist, she gets up in the night and perform normal actions as if awake. It's scaring because when she gets up she doesn't realise she did all those things. Two nights ago she got up and washed the dishes but refused to admit in the morning.

This is serious and I need help. sad
Re: My Girlfriend Is A Sleep-Walker (Somnambulist) by candylips(m): 11:52am On Aug 25, 2009
wow this is bizzare. shee need to go see a doc
Re: My Girlfriend Is A Sleep-Walker (Somnambulist) by ObamaUS: 8:58pm On Aug 26, 2009
wetin she dey do 4ur house when una never marry?u had better send her out b4 she wakes up in the middle of the night,cuts off ur JOHN THOMAS and denies it when it's daybreak,

1 Like

Re: My Girlfriend Is A Sleep-Walker (Somnambulist) by likky: 9:29pm On Aug 26, 2009
U called her ur girlfriend n nt ur wife so i wonder wht she's doing in ur house.
Abi u wan enjoy everything wey dey her body nw so that later, u will find a reason to dump her.
Anyway, she needs a doctor n urgently 2 b4 she does smthin really weird. tongue
Re: My Girlfriend Is A Sleep-Walker (Somnambulist) by drharry: 10:51pm On Aug 26, 2009
Somnabulism can be caused by environmental or medical conditions such as sleep deprivation, fever ,stress or drug intoxication. Below is a summsry of what you can do,

General guidelines

* Reassurance is the mainstay of treatment. The benign nature of the events and subsequent disappearance in most cases should be emphasized.
* If environmental or predisposing factors are discovered, an attempt should be made to eliminate them. Assure adequate sleep, regulation of sleep cycle, and treatment of underlying medical conditions (eg, gastroesophageal reflux, obstructive sleep apnea, periodic leg movements, seizures).

Sometimes drugs are used to ammeliorate symptoms e.g amitriptyline or clonazepam.

I would advice that she sees a doctor in order to find the underlying cause and appropriate treatment,
Re: My Girlfriend Is A Sleep-Walker (Somnambulist) by Nevillexus: 9:38am On Aug 27, 2009
drharry:

Somnabulism can be caused by environmental or medical conditions such as sleep deprivation, fever ,stress or drug intoxication. Below is a summsry of what you can do,

General guidelines

* Reassurance is the mainstay of treatment. The benign nature of the events and subsequent disappearance in most cases should be emphasized.
* If environmental or predisposing factors are discovered, an attempt should be made to eliminate them. Assure adequate sleep, regulation of sleep cycle, and treatment of underlying medical conditions (eg, gastroesophageal reflux, obstructive sleep apnea, periodic leg movements, seizures).

Sometimes drugs are used to ammeliorate symptoms e.g amitriptyline or clonazepam.

I would advice that she sees a doctor in order to find the underlying cause and appropriate treatment,

Thank u a lot,i will take her to a doctor immediately cause the thing is persistent
Re: My Girlfriend Is A Sleep-Walker (Somnambulist) by Nevillexus: 9:51am On Aug 27, 2009
Hello friends,i'm gratified with your responses and i will take her immediately to see a doctor.
Re: My Girlfriend Is A Sleep-Walker (Somnambulist) by Deshola: 10:39am On Aug 27, 2009
Sad!
Re: My Girlfriend Is A Sleep-Walker (Somnambulist) by Seun(m): 11:56am On Aug 27, 2009
Your dishes got washed and your girlfriend won't take the credit. 
I don't see the problem here. 

As long as she's not killing people in her sleep it's fine.
Stop complaining about nothing.
Re: My Girlfriend Is A Sleep-Walker (Somnambulist) by Nevillexus: 12:46pm On Aug 27, 2009
Seun:

Your dishes got washed and your girlfriend won't take the credit.
I don't see the problem here.

As long as she's not killing people in her sleep it's fine.
Stop complaining about nothing.

Seun i'm ok with the washing of the dishes,but it's scaring,if she washes the dishes today,what will she do tomorrow?? .Also what will happen the day u get her angry or pick a quarrel with her?? u know,there will certainly be some dissimilarities in a relationship at some point in time.
Re: My Girlfriend Is A Sleep-Walker (Somnambulist) by Seun(m): 12:51pm On Aug 27, 2009
Nevillexus:

Seun i'm ok with the washing of the dishes,but it's scaring,if she washes the dishes today,what will she do tomorrow?? .Also what will happen the day u get her angry or pick a quarrel with her?? u know,there will certainly be some dissimilarities in a relationship at some point in time.
If you quarrel, she'll snub you or argue with you in her sleep, whatever she usually does.
We have no reason to believe she'll do anything in her sleep that she won't do while awake.
You can agree to lock your bedroom door before going to sleep, so she won't get lost heh.
Re: My Girlfriend Is A Sleep-Walker (Somnambulist) by modele2: 12:57pm On Aug 27, 2009
With her consent
Tie her to the bed.
Re: My Girlfriend Is A Sleep-Walker (Somnambulist) by bayo1(m): 1:08pm On Aug 27, 2009
I watched a related issue on zone reality just last week, and 99% of the affected persons did some terrible things while in the act - some strangled their victim to death, some had sex, while some did house chores just like yours. But i will say you need to be careful anyway., cos as reported these pple happened to be guys with normal temperament in the day. Who knows what she would do next?
Re: My Girlfriend Is A Sleep-Walker (Somnambulist) by Nobody: 1:10pm On Aug 27, 2009
bayo1:

I watched a related issue on zone reality just last week, and 99% of the affected persons did some terrible things while in the act - some strangled their victim to death, some had sex, while some did house chores just like yours. But i will say you need to be careful anyway., cos as reported these pple happened to be guys with normal temperament in the day. Who knows what she would do next?

that's scary!!
Re: My Girlfriend Is A Sleep-Walker (Somnambulist) by totalfact(m): 1:15pm On Aug 27, 2009
She should attend revival service,in any holy-standard-bible believing church.
Re: My Girlfriend Is A Sleep-Walker (Somnambulist) by lawrence83: 1:19pm On Aug 27, 2009
the next time she tries that, get a huge apola (stick) and hit her on her forehead, i swear she will come to her senses, that's just the remedy, i tried it and it worked for me.
Re: My Girlfriend Is A Sleep-Walker (Somnambulist) by MrCrackles(m): 1:21pm On Aug 27, 2009
lawrence83:

the next time she tries that, get a huge apola (stick) and hit her on her forehead, i swear she will come to her senses, that's just the remedy, i tried it and it worked for me.
shocked grin cheesy grin
Re: My Girlfriend Is A Sleep-Walker (Somnambulist) by cutiedmc: 1:23pm On Aug 27, 2009
I think u should pray for her along with taking her to c a doctor,some of these things could b spiritual u know.And if u love her,dnt think of leaving her,cos she sleep walks n sleep do activities,but really,bros!!u gaz do smethinga abt it fast r else ur head r john thomas will also sleep walk away,n when she tries doing those weird things, try wake her up r give her a hot slap
Re: My Girlfriend Is A Sleep-Walker (Somnambulist) by ReachRich(m): 1:30pm On Aug 27, 2009
She is possessed.Take her to ur Rev. or Pastor for prayers.
Re: My Girlfriend Is A Sleep-Walker (Somnambulist) by Basildon1(m): 1:31pm On Aug 27, 2009
She needs to see a doctor and you definitely need to lock the door, you dont want her walking too far and hurting herself
totalfact:

She should attend revival service,in any holy-standard-bible believing church.

What's is wrong with you people, does it really hurt to think sometimes without making references to the supernatural
Re: My Girlfriend Is A Sleep-Walker (Somnambulist) by biggozz(m): 1:34pm On Aug 27, 2009
Getting her permission to tie her on the bed, O' boy u no go kill person with humor here!!
@ Poster, but really guy i wish i have a known solution to suggest, this is really weird.
Re: My Girlfriend Is A Sleep-Walker (Somnambulist) by bayo1(m): 1:48pm On Aug 27, 2009
From the report, the medical explanation to the condition is this: There is a part of the brain that coordinate our dream, while dreaming, this particular part of the brain helps in demobilizing every other part of the body so we don't act our dream. But in the case of pple suffering from somnambulist, this part of the brain is not functioning, so they act their dream.
But my question is: why could they not remember what they did while in the other hand, we remember our dreams most of the time?
Re: My Girlfriend Is A Sleep-Walker (Somnambulist) by koolchicco: 1:52pm On Aug 27, 2009
Make sure she doesn't eat heavy food like Pounded yam at nite,and in the morning/afternoon ensure she eat Pap/beans/Okpa,these will make her sleep alot in the afternoon then at nite she'll be awake watching tv or even killing mosquito for u while you enjoy ur sleep without fear!Goodluck cos u might need it!
Re: My Girlfriend Is A Sleep-Walker (Somnambulist) by Yinkade(m): 2:13pm On Aug 27, 2009
Make sure she eats heavy food in the day
Re: My Girlfriend Is A Sleep-Walker (Somnambulist) by Rooneyboy(m): 2:25pm On Aug 27, 2009
Even after taking her to a doctor.Please do make sure that u both put this in your prayers.D devil can actually use this her problem 2 harm u.
Re: My Girlfriend Is A Sleep-Walker (Somnambulist) by Zapence(m): 2:27pm On Aug 27, 2009
coolchicco, you too get badmouth, make the babe dey awake dey kill mosquito all night long just becos she dey sleepwalk (abi na sleep-washplate?)

@Topic

don't know of any solution
Re: My Girlfriend Is A Sleep-Walker (Somnambulist) by spikedcylinder: 2:28pm On Aug 27, 2009
ReachRich:

She is possessed.Take her to your Rev. or Pastor for prayers.

Gosh! I was waiting for this. cheesy
Re: My Girlfriend Is A Sleep-Walker (Somnambulist) by gReenmAn(m): 2:31pm On Aug 27, 2009
Scary is an understatement.
Re: My Girlfriend Is A Sleep-Walker (Somnambulist) by naylove(m): 2:37pm On Aug 27, 2009
obama us has said it all.
nkan mbe(strange things abound).
Re: My Girlfriend Is A Sleep-Walker (Somnambulist) by kokoye(m): 2:40pm On Aug 27, 2009
Reminds me of the time when a college roomate recounted the entire Sholey (indian movie) in his sleep. The entire film including the songs!

And he did not remember a damn thing when he woke up.
Re: My Girlfriend Is A Sleep-Walker (Somnambulist) by Nobody: 2:50pm On Aug 27, 2009
kokoye:

Reminds me of the time when a college roomate recounted the entire Sholey (indian movie) in his sleep. The entire film including the songs!

And he did not remember a damn thing when he woke up.

Hahahahahaha. One day I sleepwalked to the window blinds and bit it in the middle of the night. cheesy cheesy But I remembered though. My elder sister caught me. The window blinds still have the bite marks. grin They won't let me hear the last of it in the house. angry I've been called a vampire, cannibal, etc. angry grin
Re: My Girlfriend Is A Sleep-Walker (Somnambulist) by pecu5: 3:00pm On Aug 27, 2009
Hi, as oda pple recommended take her 2 hospital in addition to that pray for her and believe God for total deliverance.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

HIV/AIDS Vs Cancer / NGO Marks 2023 World Heart Day With Donation Of Relief Items To Hospitals In FCT / Edo Resident Doctors Embark On 3-day Warning Strike Over Nonpayment Of Allowance

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.