Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,066 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:56 AM

Embrace Your Present Location - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Embrace Your Present Location (283 Views)

Embrace Your Wilderness / Catholic Priest & Islamic Cleric Embrace Each Other In Minna To Promote Peace / Why Do You Attend Your Present Church? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Embrace Your Present Location by femixyz(m): 9:51am On Jun 04, 2016
Though convinced to write this but I am careful so as not to water down the message.

I know many of us are looking for a way out, we are fed up with that location, we crave for something much more, somewhere higher.
Yes I also do, and most times I get frustrated about my present location, I get angry, it seems as if God just went on sabbatical. Guess you understand my point.

In my angry state, I remember David while tending his father's sheep. Just like any kid of his age he wouldn't be satisfied with that location, his peers are probably at the market square playing one prank or the other while he sits alone in the wilderness with the family's flock of sheep. I could imagine his frustration and anger, he would have seen his dad as a wicked father, making him to miss the fun that is entitled to his age.

But the bible says "Be still and know that I am Lord." psalms 46:10. Ever wondered while he said we should be still? He said we should be calm, be at peace, let your mind be at rest because I am at work, though you can't see it now, though it is difficult for you to picture it now but be confident that I am working out the best for you.

The Bible also comments in Hebrews 4:3a "For we which have believed do enter into rest" I know all we want is a restful place where we will be comfortable,  where our happiness will know no bounds. But it only takes a believing heart and not a angry and frustrated heart to enter into that rest.

No matter how we complain, no matter the face we make or how aggressive we have become because of our present location,  all of this can't get us to that desired place and I am certain we can't create that desired place by our own strength.
Hence, I encourage you friends, instead of exhibiting anger, frustration struggling, unhappiness, etc. Why don't you rely on him, relax, be still and accept the place you are while he does what he knows how to do best to lift you.

Note, I am not saying God wants you to stay there, but if you are truly trusting Him, if you believe He is in control, then He will get you out of there. Also remember that He said "We know that in all things God works for good with those who love Him". Roms 8:28.

You can see that you have no reason to be bothered, rather embrace your present location and wait patiently for the manifestation of His glory in your life.

God bless you.

(1) (Reply)

How Do You Manage Your Time? / What Is The Gospel... According To You? / Holy Spirit Talk Show

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.