Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,608 members, 7,809,229 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:07 AM

My Life Is Worth A Story - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / My Life Is Worth A Story (509 Views)

"No Pleasure For Dead Girls" A Story By Mancrimes.. / CHOICES AND Chances(a Story) / A Picture Is Worth A Thousand Words. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

My Life Is Worth A Story by SuperSurupe(m): 4:11pm On Jun 04, 2016
My life is worth a story is based on a true life story about how I grew up with my Dad a very strict Reverend (not a Reverend father) and how I finally got exposed to the world when i had a littel freedom.
All right reserved. No part of this publication may be reproduced, re- posted, stored in a
retrieval system or transmitted in any form or by any means,
electronic,mechanical,photocopy,recording
or otherwise without the prior permission of the author:
AUTHOR:Super Surupe
Corrections and criticism are highly welcomed... I might not be that fluent in English because am not a writer neither am i an arts student... But i hope to improve with time. Thanks
Re: My Life Is Worth A Story by SuperSurupe(m): 9:34pm On Jun 04, 2016
Somtimes I feel like I can remember far back to the day I was born, but seriously I think I can or is it just a feeling?....
To the Surupe's on Thursday 7th sept 199_ it was a day of joy coz a child was born, a child they thought will be the last born and that child was me. I was named after my dad maybe thats the reason I was exceedingly sturborn. Well am from a family of 7, my Dad, Mum, 2 brothers 2 sisters. I'm from Taraba state and this is my story:
My dad is a Reverend with one of the reformed churches, He was transfered to TCNN (Theological Collage of Nothern Nigeria) Bukuru Jos Plateau state to serve as a senior lecturer. It was a cold evening and it was raining it was a strange environment to me cos everything was new. By then I was in nursery 1 and school ws on holiday so we had to wait for another academic session to be enrolled in one of the schools around... It felt like eternity even though it was just a matter of two weeks before the school resumed, wondering what made it felt like eternity? I guess its becos of the father I have, my dad is a man that if u found yourself under him you will always be on your left coz nothing you do seems right in front of him... I could remember a day i lady reported me to him that I don't greet and even if she greets me I don't reply her greetings, my dad without confronting me gave me a kind of beating that even a horse can go sore if it received that kind of beating. But the truth was that i never greeted those around cos by then I no sabi English so na whch language i go take greet them? After the beating the next day the lady went and bought banana, malt, biscuits and so many things that i cant even remember them all now, she called me and handed the items to me nd spoke somethings to me that seem like jargons coz na for English she dey speak nd for where? I no understand anything wey she talk that day but since she handed the things to me i angrily collected me. I hasitated abit but collected because if i refuse its another round of beating...
The schools have resumed and it was time for me to go to school my dad took d lead and i followed although i knew the school we were going to coz i had there uniforms on alread it was jst a small walk away from our house. We got to the school after some speak in tongues between my dad and a teacher i was asign a class whch i later find out that i was repeating nursery 1. I was among pupils that speak English fluently, you know that kind of feelings you get when you are among strange people that speak strange language right? That was just my mode I was sweating despite d cold weather of plateau state during raining season... To make everything worse if the pupils knew that you are not good in English they take advantage of that to look for your trouble. Coz them know say na which language you go use report them? It was no easy bro.
No need to ask coz by the end of the term ur Boy Super don carry class for head it was like i was a seviour to the boy that always came last...

TBC

(1) (Reply)

Respite For Movie Producers & Online Publishers / Soyinka @82; Reminiscing On The Adventures Of Kongi / Till It Happens To You By DADA DUPEOLA (FICTION)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.