Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,377 members, 7,812,097 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:08 AM

Why Do We Receive Only Body Of Christ? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do We Receive Only Body Of Christ? (918 Views)

Police Storm Celestial Church Of Christ In New York As Members Fight (Pics, Vide / Endtime Body Of Christ Church In Akure: What i spotted this evening(pics) / Dealing With Misconceptions : Do We Receive Mansions In Heaven? Errmmm (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do We Receive Only Body Of Christ? by Nobody: 7:37am On Jun 05, 2016
Good morning Everyone, its another beautiful Sunday. Have being wanting to ask this question. This Question will
be best answered by a
Roman Catholic. Have you noticed that when you go for communion, you are only given Bread (body of Christ) and when you recite “Prayer for Holy Communion”, you recite your to receive Body and Blood of Christ, Yet your only given Body of Christ in the church. Why is this so? What of the blood of Christ?
Re: Why Do We Receive Only Body Of Christ? by Gmajor(m): 7:44am On Jun 05, 2016
Just like in the merchant of venice, every peice of flesh contains blood

1 Like

Re: Why Do We Receive Only Body Of Christ? by ikbnice(m): 7:53am On Jun 05, 2016
the blood is on the cross of calvary.
Re: Why Do We Receive Only Body Of Christ? by nobilis: 7:57am On Jun 05, 2016
Deejacy2:
Good morning Everyone, its another beautiful Sunday. Have being wanting to ask this question. This Question will
be best answered by a
Roman Catholic. Have you noticed that when you go for communion, you are only given Bread (body of Christ) and when you recite “Prayer for Holy Communion”, you recite your to receive Body and Blood of Christ, Yet your only given Body of Christ in the church. Why is this so? What of the blood of Christ?

Obviously you never attended Catechism classes because this question was answered in the Catechism booklet.
Re: Why Do We Receive Only Body Of Christ? by Nobody: 8:06am On Jun 05, 2016
Deejacy2:
be best answered by a

If I'm right, I thought Roman Catholic Church dip the bread in the wine! We Anglicans are fed with the body and blood of Christ
Re: Why Do We Receive Only Body Of Christ? by keandre: 8:09am On Jun 05, 2016
The priests are just being lazy, no idoneous explanation for that, they feel carrying the chalice with the ciborium is tedious.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do We Receive Only Body Of Christ? by theEYe21(f): 8:31am On Jun 05, 2016
In abroad people receive both the blood and the body of Christ, only Nigeria is different
Re: Why Do We Receive Only Body Of Christ? by buharisbae(f): 10:39am On Jun 05, 2016
see the posters above me truly people perish for lack of knowlege to answer the op as a catholic we recieve both the body nd blood buh the blood comes in a form of wine wich cant be seen in nigeria so it takes abouh 2yrs b4 a priest can get the wine the win is very very i mean very toxic so a little is mixed in the bread nd people dont notice bcuz if the priest is to put much so as to b obvious believe me people wil b drunk every sunday
Re: Why Do We Receive Only Body Of Christ? by EsteemedB(f): 9:21am On Jun 09, 2016
chai.I no undastand d naira land o.esp replying a person post.bn tryin to reply one of Debbie posts to no avail
Re: Why Do We Receive Only Body Of Christ? by Nobody: 2:37pm On Jul 05, 2016
Re: Why Do We Receive Only Body Of Christ? by femi4: 4:38pm On Jul 05, 2016
wisemany2k:

If I'm right, I thought Roman Catholic Church dip the bread in the wine! We Anglicans are fed with the body and blood of Christ
That's not biblical, Jesus didn't dip his bread into wine. Both were taken separately, one after another. No form of excuse is acceptable
Re: Why Do We Receive Only Body Of Christ? by jstemmanex(m): 12:44pm On Aug 09, 2016
The traditional practice is to eat of the bread and drink of the cup. However, considering u av hundreds or thousand of pple to dis as we av in most Nigerians (Catholic) Churches, this is unrealistic. Dippin the bread in the wine is to cover for this (no canonical regulation I knw of on this). Above all, distributing both body nd blood in wateva form can be tym consuming, hence by faith, we recieve both the Body nd Blood of Christ in the Body
Re: Why Do We Receive Only Body Of Christ? by Sunnycliff(m): 2:27pm On Aug 09, 2016
jstemmanex:
The traditional practice is to eat of the bread and drink of the cup. However, considering u av hundreds or thousand of pple to dis as we av in most Nigerians (Catholic) Churches, this is unrealistic. Dippin the bread in the wine is to cover for this (no canonical regulation I knw of on this). Above all, distributing both body nd blood in wateva form can be tym consuming, hence by faith, we recieve both the Body nd Blood of Christ in the Body

This is the Biblical standard and must be done in remembrance of our Lord Jesus till we get to the marriage supper of our Lamb!

Matthew 26:26 And as they were eating, Jesus took bread, and blessed it, and brake it, and gave it to the disciples, and said, Take, eat; this is my body. 26:27 And he took the cup, and gave thanks, and gave it to them, saying, Drink ye all of it;

1 Corinthians 11:24 And when he had given thanks, he brake it, and said, Take, eat: this is my body, which is broken for you: this do in remembrance of me.

1 Corinthians 11:25 After the same manner also he took the cup, when he had supped, saying, This cup is the new testament in my blood: this do ye, as oft as ye drink it, in remembrance of me.

(1) (Reply)

Christian Association Of Nigeria Gets A New President / Omg See What This Little Boy Was Doing In Coza Church In Ilorin(pic) / Photos Of A Ridiculous Poster Of A "Pastor" I Saw In Imo State Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.