Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,855 members, 7,956,222 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 08:03 AM

How To Escape From A Sinking Car (Photos) - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / How To Escape From A Sinking Car (Photos) (31677 Views)

Would You Buy This Joystick & Butt-Shaped Car? (Photos) / Allen Samuel From Ondo Constructs Car (Photos, Video) / A Review Of Range Rover Vogue: Wike's Official Car (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Escape From A Sinking Car (Photos) by Nobody: 8:47am On Jun 07, 2016
stephliet:
are u a Muslim? if yes don't bother quoting
I am a christian by faith, but i am hausa.
Re: How To Escape From A Sinking Car (Photos) by stephliet(f): 8:48am On Jun 07, 2016
crotonite:
I am a christian by faith, but i am hausa.
OK we are frnds... on NL Only...
Re: How To Escape From A Sinking Car (Photos) by stephliet(f): 8:49am On Jun 07, 2016
toneawe:
Ur daftness na grade 1. Watin concern ur beef with PMB here now? Mumu
zombie didbi quote you? busy body
Re: How To Escape From A Sinking Car (Photos) by DaBullIT(m): 8:49am On Jun 07, 2016
cheesy the point of the post is to keep you aware, master these things , as adrenaline kicks in so does knowledge

Why don't you book a hotel

teepsee:
How about those that can't swim. And again you know how it is once you under tension, all those rules is just not in your head, all you will remember is to get out as quick as possible, by any means.

Please is there anybody that stays in kano and can help with accommodation. Help a friend, want to visit but have no body there to accommodate me over the period i will be staying. Please help a friend. Tanks
Re: How To Escape From A Sinking Car (Photos) by 400billionman: 8:59am On Jun 07, 2016
Story.

God forbid accident.

But i dey carry better hammer under my drivers seat. If you see that hammer you go confess say Jesus is Lord.
Re: How To Escape From A Sinking Car (Photos) by 400billionman: 9:02am On Jun 07, 2016
teepsee:
How about those that can't swim. And again you know how it is once you under tension, all those rules is just not in your head, all you will remember is to get out as quick as possible, by any means.

Please is there anybody that stays in kano and can help with accommodation. Help a friend, want to visit but have no body there to accommodate me over the period i will be staying. Please help a friend. Tanks

Better rent a hotel.

There are N2,000 and N3,000 hotels..

All these short time guest houses and Inns..
Re: How To Escape From A Sinking Car (Photos) by zicol2015: 9:19am On Jun 07, 2016
Jalubarika:
1: I don't have a Car
2: I don't know how to Swim.
3: I don't imagine finding myself in that situation.
In case I do, if I call Abubakar 3 times inside water , bro I'm gone. Ahhahaahah.
I knew swimming was not my calling when I almost died at Liberty Stadium in those days of Ibadan Boys' iSchool..

Average nigerian joke with almost everytin..
kikiki that time at Liberty it would av been great if you had practiced again and again.. just note your mistake and correct it nxt time..
wait, were u d guy i saved from d deep pool closed to BB court? lol
Re: How To Escape From A Sinking Car (Photos) by Olarhbanjee(m): 9:27am On Jun 07, 2016
Am sure the heavy,yellow eba will make d car sink faster! grin
stephliet:
nice info.... I am an Igbo girl I hate buhari
Re: How To Escape From A Sinking Car (Photos) by Nobody: 9:59am On Jun 07, 2016
stephliet:
OK we are frnds... on NL Only...
grin OK. that means i can legally/safely follow you on NL.
Re: How To Escape From A Sinking Car (Photos) by stephliet(f): 10:11am On Jun 07, 2016
crotonite:
grin OK. that means i can legally/safely follow you on NL.
u are truly different... u aren't like an aboki

1 Like

Re: How To Escape From A Sinking Car (Photos) by Seunjungle(m): 10:57am On Jun 07, 2016
See nonsense talk! Sweet mouth is good in cooking lie like this. Can this long process help in this kind of horrible situation?

This process is not meant for Africa especially country like Nigeria, cos, most of our rivers has mami-water underneath that are hunger for human flesh
Re: How To Escape From A Sinking Car (Photos) by professore(m): 11:25am On Jun 07, 2016
including if you need to move to the backseat to get out of the car as the engine-heavy front part starts tipping deeper first

Moreover, Professor Geisbrecht says that by opening the door, you invite a quick sink in place of the floating time available to get out. In his experiments with 30 vehicles, he found that all vehicles float, anywhere between 30 seconds to 2 minutes. [15] You could be using this float time to escape rather than opening the driver's side door and giving the water 5 to 10 seconds to sink the car and drown everyone in the backseat

The end of the car that contains the engine will usually sink fastest, often leaving the car at an angle where the heaviest part of the vehicle is lower than the lightest. As such, you may be able to open some doors while the car is still floating

Break the window. If you aren't able to open the window, or it only opens halfway, you'll need to break it. You will need to use an object or your foot to break the window. You can also take your headrest off and use the metal inserts to break a window.[18] It may feel counter-intuitive to let water into the car, but the sooner it is open, the sooner you will be able to escape directly through the broken window.
If you have no tools or heavy objects to break the window with, use your feet. If you have high heels, these might work when placed at the center of the window. Otherwise, Professor Giesbrecht advises that you aim to kick near the front of the window or along the hinges (see the demonstration in the video below).[19] Be aware that it's very hard to break a window by kicking, so find these breakpoints. Don't even try the windshield; it's made to be unbreakable (safety glass) and even if you did manage to shatter it (unlikely in the time you have), the stickiness of safety glass can make it hard to get through.[20] Side and rear windows are the best options for escape.
If you have a heavy object, aim for the center of the window.

Escape through the broken window. Take a deep breath, and swim out through the broken window as soon as you've broken it. Water will be gushing into the car at this point, so expect this and use your strength to swim out and up. Professor Giesbrecht's experiments have shown that it is possible to get out through this torrent (contrary to some theories) and that it's better to go now than to wait.[22]
Look to children first. Heave them up toward the surface as best you can. If they cannot swim, see if you can give them something that floats to hold onto, with strict instructions not to let go. An adult may need to go with them immediately if there is nothing to hold onto

Keep your mouth closed to preserve breath and to prevent water from entering. Swim out through the broken window.
If exiting via an open door, place your hand on the door latch.

Push off the car and swim to the surface. If you don’t know which way to swim, look for light and swim toward it or follow any bubbles you see as they will be going up. Be aware of your surroundings as you swim and surface; you may have to deal with a strong current or obstacles such as rocks, concrete bridge supports, or even passing boats. If it's ice covered water, you'll need to head for the obvious hole created by the car's impact. Do your best to avoid injuring yourself on obstacles, and use branches, supports, and other items to cling to if you're injured or exhausted.

Seek medical attention as soon as possible. The adrenaline in your bloodstream after the escape may make you unable to detect any injuries you may have sustained in the accident.

if you are still conscious and composed after the first impact then there is 70% chance of survival
Then work on the exit, if you are in crowded car or bus, avoid the main exit,unless you are 90% sure that you can get out before the next person. [Quote]

This won't happen to me.
Re: How To Escape From A Sinking Car (Photos) by daclemx: 11:39am On Jun 07, 2016
AutosBay:
Swim to the surface as quickly as possible. Push off the car and swim to the surface. If you don’t know which way to swim, look for light and swim toward it or follow any bubbles you see as they will be going up. Be aware of your surroundings as you swim and surface; you may have to deal with a strong current or obstacles such as rocks, concrete bridge supports, or even passing boats. If it's ice covered water, you'll need to head for the obvious hole created by the car's impact. Do your best to avoid injuring yourself on obstacles, and use branches, supports, and other items to cling to if you're injured or exhausted.

what if shark is coming behind you in the water? what do you do? LOL....
Re: How To Escape From A Sinking Car (Photos) by Tobyshegz(m): 1:50pm On Jun 07, 2016
ikbnice:
The first thing you will hear is people shouting Jesus, Blood of Jesus.
But OP, this post relates to private cars o not fully loaded commercial buses.
That one is easy. Just shove your nearest man and get ya' damn a*s outta the bus before some hungry carnivourous creature sense lunch.
hehehehe.. Happened to me twice
(sorry to disappoint— only in my dreams).
Re: How To Escape From A Sinking Car (Photos) by teepsee(f): 3:00pm On Jun 07, 2016
400billionman:

Better rent a hotel.

There are N2,000 and N3,000 hotels..

All these short time guest houses and Inns..
that amount for a day or few hours?
Re: How To Escape From A Sinking Car (Photos) by 400billionman: 3:14pm On Jun 07, 2016
teepsee:
that amount for a day or few hours?

I have once lodged in kaduna and ibadan for N2,000 a night.

When you get to kano, enquire from drivers at the park. They know the cheapest hotels in town.
Re: How To Escape From A Sinking Car (Photos) by ikbnice(m): 3:19pm On Jun 07, 2016
Tobyshegz:

That one is easy. Just shove your nearest man and get ya' damn a*s outta the bus before some hungry carnivourous creature sense lunch.
hehehehe.. Happened to me twice
(sorry to disappoint— only in my dreams).
In order to save lives you must first be alive.
Re: How To Escape From A Sinking Car (Photos) by teepsee(f): 4:54pm On Jun 07, 2016
400billionman:

I have once lodged in kaduna and ibadan for N2,000 a night.

When you get to kano, enquire from drivers at the park. They know the cheapest hotels in town.
that is a nice info, thanks. Don't know there's any that will cost like that
Re: How To Escape From A Sinking Car (Photos) by LexxyTech: 1:33am On Jun 08, 2016
ADVERT- Nissan Xtera black 2005 model for sale at an affordable price
http://lexxytechcorporations..com.ng/2016/05/advert-from-anj-80-international.html
Notice!!! POST UTME HAS BEEN SCRAPPED BY JAMB SEE FULL INFORMATION
http://lexxytechcorporations..com.ng/2016/06/scrapping-of-post-utme-calamitous.html
also
i know you love movies pls who has seen the lattest prison break check out the lattest on prison break http://lexxytechcorporations..com.ng/2016/05/fox-presents-reboot-of-prison-break.html
or also see before and after pictures of your favourite celebrity world wide
http://lexxytechcorporations..com.ng/2016/05/see-before-and-after-picture-of-your.html

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

FRSC Vehicles Commissioned By Abdulrahman Dambazzau (Photos) / No Going Back On Planned Enforcement Of New Licence, Plate Numbers – FRSC / 'Lion Ozumba 551' UNN Makes Electric Car (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.