Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,481 members, 7,812,477 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:58 PM

Don't Bring Your Tithes To The Church- T B Joshua - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Don't Bring Your Tithes To The Church- T B Joshua (2855 Views)

"I Don't Pay Tithes To Winners Chapel Anymore" - Lady; Daddy Freeze Reacts / I Want To Start Paying My Tithes To The Poor. Is Any Thing Wrong With That? / T.B. Joshua Welcomed By Ecuador Military Generals (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Don't Bring Your Tithes To The Church- T B Joshua by emmyblackky(m): 4:10pm On Jun 05, 2016
I want the Pastors, Realists and everyone in this forum to analyze what TB Joshua said about tithing and see if it is morally or biblically right or wrong.
TB Joshua in his Live Sunday service of today 05/06/2016 said "Don't bring your tithes to the church, they are burden on us. Take them to people who are in need. when you bring your tithes to the church we also look for people to give them to".
Do we see this as morally or biblically right or wrong? He said we should take our tithes directly to where they are needed and not necessarily the church as preached by modern day pastors.
It is very uncommon to hear such kind of preaching in churches these days when almost all preachers are concerned about collecting everything from their members. most churches today prefer the tithes from members than the salvation of the members.
what do you think of this?

1 Like

Re: Don't Bring Your Tithes To The Church- T B Joshua by gabinogem(m): 4:17pm On Jun 05, 2016
It's both morally & biblically right... Deuteronomy14 :22-29 shed more light on this.

2 Likes

Re: Don't Bring Your Tithes To The Church- T B Joshua by Nobody: 4:19pm On Jun 05, 2016
:
Re: Don't Bring Your Tithes To The Church- T B Joshua by SUPOL(m): 4:21pm On Jun 05, 2016
"Bring ye all the tithes into the storehouse, that there may be food in my house" says the Lord- Malachi 3:10.
Re: Don't Bring Your Tithes To The Church- T B Joshua by emmyblackky(m): 4:25pm On Jun 05, 2016
SUPOL:
"Bring ye all the tithes into the storehouse, that there may be food in my house" says the Lord- Malachi 3:10.

so?? what is your take? we know the bible version
Re: Don't Bring Your Tithes To The Church- T B Joshua by SUPOL(m): 4:27pm On Jun 05, 2016
emmyblackky:

so?? what is your take? we know the bible version
That is English Language
Re: Don't Bring Your Tithes To The Church- T B Joshua by emmyblackky(m): 4:35pm On Jun 05, 2016
SUPOL:

That is English Language
where should we take the tithes to, storehouse, church or where they are needed?
Re: Don't Bring Your Tithes To The Church- T B Joshua by francis247(m): 6:23pm On Jun 05, 2016
SUPOL:

Yet a separate box or basket is passed around for welfare offering. The church barlely feeds/supports the needy/underprivileged; especially in this part of the world.
Re: Don't Bring Your Tithes To The Church- T B Joshua by SUPOL(m): 7:51pm On Jun 05, 2016
emmyblackky:

where should we take the tithes to, storehouse, church or where they are needed?
Lolz, put it in an envelope, label it TITHE and take it to ur church
Re: Don't Bring Your Tithes To The Church- T B Joshua by Nobody: 4:01am On Jun 06, 2016
TB Joshua's church is one of a kind. I was privileged to worship with them sometime in March.

At the close of the service they were attending to Foreigners and those from other states, it got to my turn and tho I didn't request for money, neither did I need it, the evangelist just put money in an envelope, handed it over to me and said the words "the man of God prophet TB Joshua asked us to give you this. And he thanks you for coming".

I was not surprised because at a previous visit to the church, they had given money to a Ghanian and a Cameroonian who went with me.

God bless TB Joshua. They keep persecuting him but he remains one of the few prophets worthy of emulation in Nigeria and beyond.

(1) (Reply)

The Issue Of Speaking In Tongues / 12 Things The Bible Forbids But We Still Do And Consider Normal / Spirit Filled And Truthful Worship

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.