Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,194 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:24 AM

Federal Government Denies Scrapping NYSC Scheme - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Federal Government Denies Scrapping NYSC Scheme (31701 Views)

Sierra Leone Understudies Nigeria’s NYSC Scheme / NYSC Ekiti Denies Story Of Manhandling A Corper / Breaking News: Federal Government Scraps Nysc Scheme; Dg Calls For Calm (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Federal Government Denies Scrapping NYSC Scheme by Parkac(m): 8:50am On Jun 06, 2016
The federal government has denied scrapping the National Youth Service Corps (NYSC).
There were reports that the scheme, which was established since 1975 by then Head of State, General Yakubu Gowon (retd), has been scrapped by President Muhammadu Buhari, alongside post-UMTE.

However, the presidency described the story as unfounded and legally illogical.

“NYSC is a creation of the law. Only another law can repeal it,” Garba Shehu, the Senior Special Assistant to the President on Media and Publicity said while reacting to the rumour.

http://dailypost.ng/2016/06/06/nysc-has-not-been-scrapped-presidency/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Federal Government Denies Scrapping NYSC Scheme by ALARAPE22(m): 9:18am On Jun 06, 2016
Okay ooooo......Make I quickly consult Baba Ifa.....for confirmation.....
Re: Federal Government Denies Scrapping NYSC Scheme by seunlayi(m): 11:25am On Jun 06, 2016
THIS NYSC MATTER SEF DON TIRE GUYS

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Federal Government Denies Scrapping NYSC Scheme by COvo(m): 11:25am On Jun 06, 2016
Thank Goodness. I been don dey prepare to wear khaki and someone came up with the whole NYSC has been scrapped rumour. The truth is I've been planning from my year one to go for service, na now wey I don finish dem wan scrap am? God forbid. grin grin grin
To the person who started the rumour,
Come out I want to talk
Just talk

66 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Federal Government Denies Scrapping NYSC Scheme by lifezone247(m): 11:25am On Jun 06, 2016
As usual.

2 Likes

Re: Federal Government Denies Scrapping NYSC Scheme by laprince(m): 11:26am On Jun 06, 2016
for me, Nysc is no longer meeting the reason(s) for its formation.

He didn't address the utme issue.

12 Likes

Re: Federal Government Denies Scrapping NYSC Scheme by GuDErboY(m): 11:26am On Jun 06, 2016
Dem smoke dry shit ni?
Re: Federal Government Denies Scrapping NYSC Scheme by benzema8(m): 11:26am On Jun 06, 2016
Second to comment.am making progress

1 Like

Re: Federal Government Denies Scrapping NYSC Scheme by fratermathy(m): 11:26am On Jun 06, 2016
No one can scrap nysc in Nigeria, however useless it may have become. Nysc is our tradition in this country. It is one of the things that makes us Nigerian and fosters unity amongst the various peoples of Nigeria! Nysc maybe restructured but cannot be scrapped.

Whoever started the rumour should focus on better things...

5 Likes

Re: Federal Government Denies Scrapping NYSC Scheme by SAMBATLAN(m): 11:26am On Jun 06, 2016
OK
Re: Federal Government Denies Scrapping NYSC Scheme by emeijeh(m): 11:26am On Jun 06, 2016
I thought the scheme was established in 1973?
Op you can lie sha!
Are you related to our Minister? I no mention any names o

3 Likes

Re: Federal Government Denies Scrapping NYSC Scheme by chrisbaby24(m): 11:27am On Jun 06, 2016
Abegii make dem do wetin dey suppose do jare..!!!which one sef..!!!!!!!
Re: Federal Government Denies Scrapping NYSC Scheme by benzema8(m): 11:27am On Jun 06, 2016
COvo:
V
what's v
Re: Federal Government Denies Scrapping NYSC Scheme by wins18(m): 11:27am On Jun 06, 2016
At the point of death a man, Tom Smith, called his children and after praying for them, he advised them to follow his footsteps so that they can have peace of mind in all that they do.

The youngest child, Immaculate, a female, looked at others and yelled,
"Daddy, its unfortunate you are dying without a penny in your bank account. Personally, I can't emulate you. Other father's that you tag as being corrupt,
thieves of public funds left houses and properties for their children; even this house we live in is a rented apartment, sorry, i can't emulate you, just go, let's chart our own course,
let's paddle our own canoe."
Few moments later, their father gave up the spirit.

Three years later, Immaculate went for an interview in a multinational company. The interview panel had already penciled down a candidate for the highly coveted post but wanted to complete the formality of interviewing all applicants on the list.

As soon as Immaculate sat before the interview panel, the Chairman of the committee asked,
"Which Smith is yours" and
Immaculate replied,
"I am Immaculate Smith. My Dad Tom Smith is now late he died a poor man..."

But the Chairman cuts in,
"O my God, you are Tom Smith's daughter? "
He turned to other members and said
"This Smith man was the one that signed my membership form
into the Institute of Chartered Administrators and his recommendation earned me where I am today.
He did all these free. I didn't even know his address, he never knew me from Adam. He just did it for me."

He turned to Immaculate, I have no question for you, consider yourself as having gotten this job, resume tomorrow, your letter will be waiting for you.

Immaculate Smith became the Corporate Affairs Manager of the company with two cars, one official and one for private use,
attached to the office, with a duplex and two drivers and a salary of £100,000 per month excluding allowances and other costs when she travelled outside England.

After two years of working in the company, the Group Managing Director of the company came from America to announce his intention to resign and needed a replacement. A personality with high integrity was sought after,
again the company's Consultant nominated Immaculate Smith.

In an interview, she was asked the secret of her success and the sudden sky rocketing profile and in tears, she replied,
"my Daddy paved these ways for me. It was after he died that I knew that he was financially poor but stingkingly rich in
integrity, discipline and honesty."

She was asked again, why she is weeping since she is no longer
a kid as to miss her dad still after a long time.
She replied,
"At the point of death, I insulted my dad for being an honest man
of integrity. I hope he will forgive me in his grave now.
I didn't work for all these, he did it for me to just walk in.

So finally she was asked,
" Will you follow your father's foot steps as he requested?
And her simple answer was,
"l now adore the man, I have a big picture of him in my living room and at the entrance of my house. He deserves whatever I have after God."

Are you like Tom Smith?
It pays to build a name, the reward doesn't come quickly but it will come however long it may take and it lasts longer.

Integrity, discipline, self control and fear of God makes a
man wealthy, not the fat bank account.
Leave a good heritage for your children.
Are you building a good name for your children & not a fat bank account?

As an agent of CHANGE,
please share this true life story with your loved ones. God bless us all.

23 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Federal Government Denies Scrapping NYSC Scheme by datola: 11:27am On Jun 06, 2016
The NYSC thing should be scrapped jo. It has outlived its usefulness.

2 Likes

Re: Federal Government Denies Scrapping NYSC Scheme by TheNextAce: 11:27am On Jun 06, 2016
Good one
Re: Federal Government Denies Scrapping NYSC Scheme by MrCow(m): 11:27am On Jun 06, 2016
lolz, I also saw it on WhatsApp. But what difference does it make, no regular allowee payment, You can also choose where and where not to serve

The purpose of NYSC has been defeated, so even if it's scrapped no difference.
Re: Federal Government Denies Scrapping NYSC Scheme by Tonnierichy(m): 11:27am On Jun 06, 2016
Make dem scrap am jare

Na waste of time, energy, money and some times, it even leads to death

Government should come up with more effective youth empowerment programs.

Nysc has continued to enrich a few individuals in the sercice

1 Like

Re: Federal Government Denies Scrapping NYSC Scheme by kinwhite(m): 11:27am On Jun 06, 2016
Re: Federal Government Denies Scrapping NYSC Scheme by SAMBATLAN(m): 11:27am On Jun 06, 2016
BUHARIISCURSED:
grin buhari is a curse to this nation cool
Read again....

3 Likes

Re: Federal Government Denies Scrapping NYSC Scheme by moshmusth(m): 11:27am On Jun 06, 2016
BUHARIISCURSED:
grin buhari is a curse to this nation cool

and you are a curse to this topic and forum at large

5 Likes

Re: Federal Government Denies Scrapping NYSC Scheme by richybanky(m): 11:28am On Jun 06, 2016
Na dem sabi, wawa govt
Re: Federal Government Denies Scrapping NYSC Scheme by frinx: 11:28am On Jun 06, 2016
The programme should be restructured to meet its aim.
Re: Federal Government Denies Scrapping NYSC Scheme by JideTheBlogger(m): 11:28am On Jun 06, 2016
So?

1 Like

Re: Federal Government Denies Scrapping NYSC Scheme by wandeykul(f): 11:28am On Jun 06, 2016
Noted
Re: Federal Government Denies Scrapping NYSC Scheme by Nobody: 11:29am On Jun 06, 2016
not surprised

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Corp members Posted To Lagos; Lets Meet here / A Nairalander Wins Mr. Macho In NYSC Camp (Photos) / Acid Burns Survivor, Chizzy Frances Completes NYSC (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.