Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,755 members, 7,820,616 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:20 PM

Federal Government Denies Scrapping NYSC Scheme - NYSC (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Federal Government Denies Scrapping NYSC Scheme (31713 Views)

Sierra Leone Understudies Nigeria’s NYSC Scheme / NYSC Ekiti Denies Story Of Manhandling A Corper / Breaking News: Federal Government Scraps Nysc Scheme; Dg Calls For Calm (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Federal Government Denies Scrapping NYSC Scheme by Fbicacus: 1:12pm On Jun 06, 2016
nysc should scrap. after 1yr no employment. let house stop dat sh*t
Re: Federal Government Denies Scrapping NYSC Scheme by amokeme(f): 1:28pm On Jun 06, 2016
COvo:
Thank Goodness. I been don dey prepare to wear khaki and someone came up with the whole NYSC has been scrapped rumour. The truth is I've been planning from my year one to go for service, na now wey I don finish dem wan scrap am? God forbid. grin grin grin
To the person who started the rumour,
Come out I want to talk
Just talk
but really, asides you get to meet different people, what is special about it? I feel its just a waste of 1year

1 Like

Re: Federal Government Denies Scrapping NYSC Scheme by Nobody: 3:39pm On Jun 06, 2016
datola:
The NYSC thing should be scrapped jo. It has outlived its usefulness.
Dats tru...
Re: Federal Government Denies Scrapping NYSC Scheme by Nobody: 3:40pm On Jun 06, 2016
Nowadays its simply for advanced prostitution, some corp members especially females are no longer dedicated because of what they have been used to ryt from secondary if not primary to higher institution and service year becomes another avenue. You will understand if you are part of human resources; they have got nothing reasonable to utter during interview, graduate my foot.
Re: Federal Government Denies Scrapping NYSC Scheme by OlujobaSamuel: 3:43pm On Jun 06, 2016
I think this is the most difficult law in our nation to amend. no one can scrap it, it's not a matter of we liking it or hating it, those that enacted that law just made it ridiculously difficult to alter.
you need 2/3 of national assembly and states to even start considering the alteration, not to talk of having a final decision.
Re: Federal Government Denies Scrapping NYSC Scheme by Nobody: 5:05pm On Jun 06, 2016
laprince:
for me, Nysc is no longer meeting the reason(s) for its formation.

He didn't address the utme issue.
YOU ARE THERE BRO.

1 Like

Re: Federal Government Denies Scrapping NYSC Scheme by Eynosaintval(m): 6:55pm On Jun 06, 2016
Nysc is our tradition in this country. It is one of the things that makes us Nigerian and fosters unity

Unity? When we Igbo's always get killed in the process? Nothing like unity in Nigeria and we will never be united. We can only ask for peace which is even far. When I graduated they posted me to Zamfara, well, my father swore to pay alawi for house doing nothing, that I should just stay alive. If they want to me to serve my fatherland, what happened to my village is my father from the north?

What am saying is that for us the Easthernans, it is useless, especially when you are being posted to northern part, you will spend your one year in fear
Re: Federal Government Denies Scrapping NYSC Scheme by adejone(m): 8:17pm On Jun 06, 2016
That was really a rumour....
Re: Federal Government Denies Scrapping NYSC Scheme by lawdbreezy: 8:32pm On Jun 06, 2016
The Nysc scheme is just one wasted year to me. Instead of diving in the labour market with ur fresh ideas after skul, dey expect you to awhile away in one local village teaching a subject out of your own profession.

Re: Federal Government Denies Scrapping NYSC Scheme by Franky9584(m): 10:17pm On Jun 06, 2016
nice one...I tink d federal govt should calculate n pay any graduate dat z due for service(#19800*12) to establish themselves instead...NYSC my foot!
Re: Federal Government Denies Scrapping NYSC Scheme by Mackson01: 10:50pm On Jun 06, 2016
Scrapping loading
Re: Federal Government Denies Scrapping NYSC Scheme by Nathkem01(m): 10:58pm On Jun 06, 2016
How many of u NYSC don help? Na everytn dey won scarppe for nigeria?
Re: Federal Government Denies Scrapping NYSC Scheme by queenDD(f): 11:24pm On Jun 06, 2016
datola:
The NYSC thing should be scrapped jo. It has outlived its usefulness.
Gbam! My thoughts exactly.. Nysc should be scrapped and I know it soon will.
Re: Federal Government Denies Scrapping NYSC Scheme by Nobody: 1:55am On Jun 07, 2016
wins18:
At the point of death a man, Tom Smith, called his children and after praying for them, he advised them to follow his footsteps so that they can have peace of mind in all that they do.

The youngest child, Immaculate, a female, looked at others and yelled,
"Daddy, its unfortunate you are dying without a penny in your bank account. Personally, I can't emulate you. Other father's that you tag as being corrupt,
thieves of public funds left houses and properties for their children; even this house we live in is a rented apartment, sorry, i can't emulate you, just go, let's chart our own course,
let's paddle our own canoe."
Few moments later, their father gave up the spirit.

Three years later, Immaculate went for an interview in a multinational company. The interview panel had already penciled down a candidate for the highly coveted post but wanted to complete the formality of interviewing all applicants on the list.

As soon as Immaculate sat before the interview panel, the Chairman of the committee asked,
"Which Smith is yours" and
Immaculate replied,
"I am Immaculate Smith. My Dad Tom Smith is now late he died a poor man..."

But the Chairman cuts in,
"O my God, you are Tom Smith's daughter? "
He turned to other members and said
"This Smith man was the one that signed my membership form
into the Institute of Chartered Administrators and his recommendation earned me where I am today.
He did all these free. I didn't even know his address, he never knew me from Adam. He just did it for me."

He turned to Immaculate, I have no question for you, consider yourself as having gotten this job, resume tomorrow, your letter will be waiting for you.

Immaculate Smith became the Corporate Affairs Manager of the company with two cars, one official and one for private use,
attached to the office, with a duplex and two drivers and a salary of £100,000 per month excluding allowances and other costs when she travelled outside England.

After two years of working in the company, the Group Managing Director of the company came from America to announce his intention to resign and needed a replacement. A personality with high integrity was sought after,
again the company's Consultant nominated Immaculate Smith.

In an interview, she was asked the secret of her success and the sudden sky rocketing profile and in tears, she replied,
"my Daddy paved these ways for me. It was after he died that I knew that he was financially poor but stingkingly rich in
integrity, discipline and honesty."

She was asked again, why she is weeping since she is no longer
a kid as to miss her dad still after a long time.
She replied,
"At the point of death, I insulted my dad for being an honest man
of integrity. I hope he will forgive me in his grave now.
I didn't work for all these, he did it for me to just walk in.

So finally she was asked,
" Will you follow your father's foot steps as he requested?
And her simple answer was,
"l now adore the man, I have a big picture of him in my living room and at the entrance of my house. He deserves whatever I have after God."

Are you like Tom Smith?
It pays to build a name, the reward doesn't come quickly but it will come however long it may take and it lasts longer.

Integrity, discipline, self control and fear of God makes a
man wealthy, not the fat bank account.
Leave a good heritage for your children.
Are you building a good name for your children & not a fat bank account?

As an agent of CHANGE,
please share this true life story with your loved ones. God bless us all.

WOW! shocked what a story for the gods. grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Corp members Posted To Lagos; Lets Meet here / A Nairalander Wins Mr. Macho In NYSC Camp (Photos) / Acid Burns Survivor, Chizzy Frances Completes NYSC (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.