Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,540 members, 7,827,014 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 04:19 AM

Please Help!! An Assistant Pastor In My Former Church Just Turned Muslim (pics) - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Please Help!! An Assistant Pastor In My Former Church Just Turned Muslim (pics) (4070 Views)

Alph Lukau: Meet The Richest Pastor In The World With Net Worth Of $1 Billion / Christ Embassy Pastor In 4 Abortions Mess With Maid / Tongue Of Fire Restoration Ministry Pastor In Sex Scandal (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Help!! An Assistant Pastor In My Former Church Just Turned Muslim (pics) by piperson(m): 9:57am On Jun 06, 2016
I don't even know what to do, he was very christian-like and spiritual, I even admired his way of life because he he lived a life that was almost flawless, Infact he was one of people that I can say that he really acted according to the BIBLE... I'm very confused don't know what to do or say. is it that he really saw the true religion or.. please I need answers.. how do I make him come back to christ... can I even preach to him? he was a great preacher.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please Help!! An Assistant Pastor In My Former Church Just Turned Muslim (pics) by piperson(m): 10:01am On Jun 06, 2016
pls the appropriate persons should help me shift this to front page

Re: Please Help!! An Assistant Pastor In My Former Church Just Turned Muslim (pics) by thorpido(m): 10:01am On Jun 06, 2016
Scriptures must be fulfillled.We're in the last days.The bible says there must be a falling away first.
2 Thessalonians 2:3 says,'Let no one deceive you by any means,for that day will not come unless the falling away comes first and the man of sin is revealed....
(Vs 10) ....and with all unrighteous deception among those who perish, because they did not receive the love of the truth,that they might be saved and for this reason,God will send them strong delusion that they should believe the lie.

All you can do is pray for him.He alone will stand before God,the Judge on that last day.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please Help!! An Assistant Pastor In My Former Church Just Turned Muslim (pics) by ikbnice(m): 10:02am On Jun 06, 2016
This is serious. Honestly, there must have been something which prompted him to have a change of mind. And the last time I checked, there is freedom of religion in Nigeria. It's only that violence is not allowed.
cc lalasticlala, mynd44

1 Like

Re: Please Help!! An Assistant Pastor In My Former Church Just Turned Muslim (pics) by Nobody: 10:03am On Jun 06, 2016
Let him be. You can't force Christ on a person

1 Like

Re: Please Help!! An Assistant Pastor In My Former Church Just Turned Muslim (pics) by piperson(m): 10:03am On Jun 06, 2016
ikbnice:
this is serious.
advise needed pls
Re: Please Help!! An Assistant Pastor In My Former Church Just Turned Muslim (pics) by ikbnice(m): 10:07am On Jun 06, 2016
piperson:
advise needed pls
If he isn't attacking and making blasphemous comments about his former religion, let him be. There is freedom of religion in the country.
Re: Please Help!! An Assistant Pastor In My Former Church Just Turned Muslim (pics) by winner01(m): 10:11am On Jun 06, 2016
piperson:
pls the appropriate persons should help me shift this to front page
And you need the mods to quickly shift this to front page why?undecided
Are you concerned with this man or with the large audience you wanna fool?undecided. It gets obvious.

You cant possibly fool everyone.

4 Likes

Re: Please Help!! An Assistant Pastor In My Former Church Just Turned Muslim (pics) by delishpot: 10:25am On Jun 06, 2016
This is what hypocrisy in religion breeds. Moslems that experience it convert to Christianity if they meet and share experience with Christians who are true to their faith. And Christians leave the faith if they are surrounded by hypocrites a nd then happen to meet true Moslems who practice Islam in truth to the letter.
Religion is a confusing thing for many when the foundation is weak

His life, his choice. Why do you want to force him to change his mind? Pray for him and let God do the best for him

1 Like

Re: Please Help!! An Assistant Pastor In My Former Church Just Turned Muslim (pics) by piperson(m): 10:35am On Jun 06, 2016
thorpido:
Scriptures must be fulfillled.We're in the last days.The bible says there must be a falling away first.
2 Thessalonians 2:3 says,'Let no one deceive you by any means,for that day will not come unless the falling away comes first and the man of sin is revealed....
(Vs 10) ....and with all unrighteous deception among those who perish, because they did not receive the love of the truth,that they might be saved and for this reason,God will send them strong delusion that they should believe the lie.

All you can do is pray for him.He alone will stand before God,the Judge on that last day.
thanks. His act might lead others into distruction, that I fear
Re: Please Help!! An Assistant Pastor In My Former Church Just Turned Muslim (pics) by piperson(m): 10:37am On Jun 06, 2016
delishpot:
This is what hypocrisy in religion breeds. Moslems that experience it convert to Christianity if they meet and share experience with Christians who are true to their faith. And Christians leave the faith if they are surrounded by hypocrites a nd then happen to meet true Moslems who practice Islam in truth to the letter.

His life, his choice. Why do you want to force him to change his mind? Pray for him and let God do the best for him
thanks bros.. but there must b sometin I can do physically
Re: Please Help!! An Assistant Pastor In My Former Church Just Turned Muslim (pics) by delishpot: 10:42am On Jun 06, 2016
piperson:
thanks bros.. but there must b sometin I can do physically

Maybe talk to him if you are a true example of Christ follower. No need for a brother whom he knows to be knee deep in shii coming to tell him about Christ and how following Christ saves.
You can talk to him in a sincere, non judgemental way. Do not put down his new religion for he is convinced by something that it is the truth. Do what you do out of love and not out of fleshy ego. of and then pray for him. God knows and does best.
Do not fear about destruction of others as long as he is not actively hurting them, you are not God brother. You are running the race as muchbas he is. Pray for him and his household if you are so concerned.

1 Like

Re: Please Help!! An Assistant Pastor In My Former Church Just Turned Muslim (pics) by ammyluv2002(f): 10:53am On Jun 06, 2016
delishpot:

Well said!

Op, there's nothing you can do physically. God is God! Just pray for him and leave the rest. There's a reason for everything, if truly he has a calling to serve as a christian then, he will come back to Christ! We are all called to serve our Creator in so many different ways. Don't push it or fight for God, He's large enough to take whoever he wants. Just like you said, he was a pastor so should have knowledge of God's word.

You've done your part by showing concern, God will surely reward you for his effort.

1 Like

Re: Please Help!! An Assistant Pastor In My Former Church Just Turned Muslim (pics) by piperson(m): 12:23pm On Jun 06, 2016
winner01:
And you need the mods to quickly shift this to front page why?undecided
Are you concerned with this man or with the large audience you wanna fool?undecided. It gets obvious.

You cant possibly fool everyone.
u r obviously blind my dear
Re: Please Help!! An Assistant Pastor In My Former Church Just Turned Muslim (pics) by piperson(m): 12:25pm On Jun 06, 2016
ammyluv2002:
Well said!

Op, there's nothing you can do physically. God is God! Just pray for him and leave the rest. There's a reason for everything, if truly he has a calling to serve as a christian then, he will come back to Christ! We are all called to serve our Creator in so many different ways. Don't push it or fight for God, He's large enough to take whoever he want. Just like you said, he was a pastor so should have knowledge of God's word.

You've done your part by showing concern, God will surely reward you for his effort.
I fear for his life after death.. he's been a good christian for as long as I can remember
Re: Please Help!! An Assistant Pastor In My Former Church Just Turned Muslim (pics) by piperson(m): 12:26pm On Jun 06, 2016
delishpot:

Maybe talk to him if you are a true example of Christ follower. No need for a brother whom he knows to be knee deep in shii coming to tell him about Christ and how following Christ saves.
You can talk to him in a sincere, non judgemental way. Do not put down his new religion for he is convinced by something that it is the truth. Do what you do out of love and not out of fleshy ego. of and then pray for him. God knows and does best.
Do not fear about destruction of others as long as he is not actively hurting them, you are not God brother. You are running the race as muchbas he is. Pray for him and his household if you are so concerned.
can I? he was a pastor who taught me.. he's probably more informed about religion
Re: Please Help!! An Assistant Pastor In My Former Church Just Turned Muslim (pics) by delishpot: 1:12pm On Jun 06, 2016
piperson:
can I? he was a pastor who taught me.. he's probably more informed about religion

This takes you back to my first post. He has seen too many hypocrisy among the Christians around him. No one trades a good thing for what he once considered bad unless he discovers something new that made him change his mind.

For all we know, God may be taking him through a journey in preparation for the future. He would be able to say I have walked both paths and I know what each one entails. He will be in better position to talk to others one day.

1 Like

Re: Please Help!! An Assistant Pastor In My Former Church Just Turned Muslim (pics) by ebenice(m): 1:30pm On Jun 06, 2016
piperson:
advise needed pls
. sorry I'm not doubting you but did u actually meet him in person to confirm or its the Facebook story u believed ?
Re: Please Help!! An Assistant Pastor In My Former Church Just Turned Muslim (pics) by hakimmiyya: 1:35pm On Jun 06, 2016
piperson:

Since he is more informed about religion than you ,then I will advise you trust and respect his decision .
I guess you are already contemplating doing the same because he was better informed than you.

This is what happens to a sincere seeker of truth when they discover the truth.They become overwhelmed by it and the next thing they do is to submit to the will of the one true GOD.

) And there are, certainly, among the People of the book(Christians and Jews) those who believe in Allah, in the revelation to you, and in the revelation to them, bowing in humility to Allah: they will not sell the Signs of Allah for a miserable gain! For them is a reward with their Lord, and Allah is swift in account.

Say: “Whether you believe in it or not, it is true that those who were given knowledge beforehand, when it is recited to them, fall down on their faces in humble prostration.” [17:107

3 Likes

Re: Please Help!! An Assistant Pastor In My Former Church Just Turned Muslim (pics) by tosinjay(m): 1:39pm On Jun 06, 2016
You really can't force Christ on a person. All you can do is pray for him, and once in a while if you got inspired words from God, share with him. We all in the faith aren't yet heaven's candidates yet and the way Christianity is practiced in present day is of no encouragement in the most part. However i think he never had a strong conviction.
Re: Please Help!! An Assistant Pastor In My Former Church Just Turned Muslim (pics) by thorpido(m): 1:54pm On Jun 06, 2016
piperson:
Yea,when stuffs like this happen,some people might become disillusioned.Nevertheless,everyone is to take responsibility for his/her faith.
The same bible says,....'For the mystery of iniquity doth work,only he who now letteth will let,until he be taken out of the way'(2 Thessalonians 2:7)

Just pray for him and get others to pray for him too.
Re: Please Help!! An Assistant Pastor In My Former Church Just Turned Muslim (pics) by thorpido(m): 2:01pm On Jun 06, 2016
hakimmiyya:

Since he is more informed about religion than you ,then I will advise you trust and respect his decision .
I guess you are already contemplating doing the same because he was better informed than you.

This is what happens to a sincere seeker of truth when they discover the truth.They become overwhelmed by it and the next thing they do is to submit to the will of the one true GOD.

) And there are, certainly, among the People of the book(Christians and Jews) those who believe in Allah, in the revelation to you, and in the revelation to them, bowing in humility to Allah: they will not sell the Signs of Allah for a miserable gain! For them is a reward with their Lord, and Allah is swift in account.

Say: “Whether you believe in it or not, it is true that those who were given knowledge beforehand, when it is recited to them, fall down on their faces in humble prostration.” [17:107
'And this is life eternal,that may know You,the Only True God and Jesus Christ Whom Thou has sent(John 17:3).'
Re: Please Help!! An Assistant Pastor In My Former Church Just Turned Muslim (pics) by hakimmiyya: 2:10pm On Jun 06, 2016
piperson:

Are you judging him already?

Matthew 7:1-3King James Version (KJV)

7 Judge not, that ye be not judged.

2 For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again.
Re: Please Help!! An Assistant Pastor In My Former Church Just Turned Muslim (pics) by hakimmiyya: 2:15pm On Jun 06, 2016
thorpido:
'And this is life eternal,that may know You,the Only True God and Jesus Christ Whom Thou has sent(John 17:3).'

You have confirmed what we believe as Muslims about the God almighty and Jesus(peace be upon him).
Re: Please Help!! An Assistant Pastor In My Former Church Just Turned Muslim (pics) by thorpido(m): 2:20pm On Jun 06, 2016
hakimmiyya:

Are you judging him already?

Matthew 7:1-3King James Version (KJV)

7 Judge not, that ye be not judged.

2 For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again.
Do you know what it means to judge?
'He that believeth on Him(jesus) is not condemned:but he that believeth not is condemned already,because he hath not believed in the Name of the only begotten Son of God.'(John 3:18)

The Scriptures already defined the paths.No man is judging.
Re: Please Help!! An Assistant Pastor In My Former Church Just Turned Muslim (pics) by hakimmiyya: 2:38pm On Jun 06, 2016
thorpido:
Do you know what it means to judge?
'He that believeth on Him(jesus) is not condemned:but he that believeth not is condemned already,because he hath believed in the Name of the only begotten Son of God.'(John 3:18)

The Scriptures already defined the paths.No man is judging.

Please I would advise you check your quote again. It is contradicting itself.
Re: Please Help!! An Assistant Pastor In My Former Church Just Turned Muslim (pics) by piperson(m): 3:12pm On Jun 06, 2016
delishpot:

This takes you back to my first post. He has seen too many hypocrisy among the Christians around him. No one trades a good thing for what he once considered bad unless he discovers something new that made him change his mind.

For all we know, God may be taking him through a journey in preparation for the future. He would be able to say I have walked both paths and I know what each one entails. He will be in better position to talk to others one day.
amen.. I so hope so
Re: Please Help!! An Assistant Pastor In My Former Church Just Turned Muslim (pics) by thorpido(m): 3:14pm On Jun 06, 2016
hakimmiyya:

You have confirmed what we believe as Muslims about the God almighty and Jesus(peace be upon him).
Nah you don't.You are under the illusion you do.Listen to Jesus;
'...it is my Father that honoureth me;of whom ye say,that he is your God:yet ye have not known him;but I know him'(John 8:54-55)
Again,He said,'it is written in the prophets,And they shall be all taught of God.Every man therefore that hath heard,and hath learned of the Father,cometh unto me. (John 6:45)

The question is do you believe the gospel?Everyone who believes THE GOD Who sent jesus believes the gospel and follows Jesus.

By the way,Jesus doesn't need peace to be upon Him,He is peace.
Re: Please Help!! An Assistant Pastor In My Former Church Just Turned Muslim (pics) by thorpido(m): 3:16pm On Jun 06, 2016
hakimmiyya:

Please I would advise you check your quote again. It is contradicting itself.
No contradiction.The problem is a lack of understanding.
Re: Please Help!! An Assistant Pastor In My Former Church Just Turned Muslim (pics) by hakimmiyya: 3:43pm On Jun 06, 2016
thorpido:
No contradiction.The problem is a lack of understanding.

I expected you to go through your quote but pride will not allow you discover the mistake you made in your quote. Please again compare the quote below with yours may be you will discover your blunder.

John: 3 v 18

Whoever believes in Him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe is already condemned, because he has not believed in the name of God's one and only Son.

. Your quote

'He that believeth on Him(Jesus) is not condemned:but he that believeth not is condemned already,because he hath believed in the Name of the only begotten Son of God.'(John 3:18)
Re: Please Help!! An Assistant Pastor In My Former Church Just Turned Muslim (pics) by frank317: 3:44pm On Jun 06, 2016
How do u guys have fun with lies for this una God. How do u call the guy a pastor when his profile pix is filled with him drinking and living s 'worldly' life.
Not even a quote from his profile that shows he is a pastor... rubbish.
If he likes let him join illuminati

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Who Can Explain This Bible Verse? / VIOLENT. The Kingdom Of Heaven Suffers Violence. The Misinterpretation . / Is There Any Spirituality Associated With First Rain Of The Year?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.