Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,191 members, 7,815,152 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:18 AM

Is It Biblical For Pastors To Advertise Miracles - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is It Biblical For Pastors To Advertise Miracles (5836 Views)

Photo: Court Sentences Two Pastors To 7 Years Imprisonment For Stealing N32M / How Nigerian Christians Make Their Pastors To Sin. / Is It Biblical For Christian Women To Wear Trousers? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Biblical For Pastors To Advertise Miracles by Krayola2(m): 12:24am On Aug 27, 2009
Chrisbenogor:

IMO
A miracle is simple draw a triangle with its angles measuring up to 360 degrees that is a miracle!

hahahaha
Re: Is It Biblical For Pastors To Advertise Miracles by Ziizou: 1:21am On Aug 27, 2009
spyker u were point on man, nd dose talkin bout hospitals I'll like 2 knw one dat was available in Jesus' time nd wat Jarius' daughter, Peters mother in-law etc. were doin at home , d truth is dat miracles r being abused. wiv all Jesus' powers and ministry of 20+ years(if am right undecided) his miracles r not even as much as dat of some 'pastors' in d world 2day am quite surprised sha but t's all gud, pls get ur facts rite
Re: Is It Biblical For Pastors To Advertise Miracles by Epi: 2:17am On Aug 27, 2009
The only person who walked this earth and performed Miracles was JC. I am saying this, because when JC performed miracles, folks were INSTANTLY miraculously healed.

Has anyone of you PERSONALLY seen/witnessed (with your two big eyes) instant miracle the way JC did?. Abeg, please don't come tell me "oh well we prayed and he got better the following day/week or I saw it on teewee with my own two eyes. trust me, I don't want to hear it.

the only miracle I know of is life because life itself is a miracle.
Re: Is It Biblical For Pastors To Advertise Miracles by ladygaga(f): 3:18am On Aug 27, 2009
I dnt thnk u can hide miracles(i duno if pastors real/fake,its bw God and them none of
My business)
But all the ppl dat jesus christ healed WENT to him, and he healed them when he saw thier FAITH, miracles wldnt hav bn recorded in d bible if they werent a big deal, he never healed ppl dat werent ready to b healed, if d ppl in UCH really wanto be healed,i bet they knw wot to do,or u thnk dey all are believers,ehn?!
i am nt sayn there arent fake pastors
There has to be An ORIGINAL b4 a Fake, lets all think b4 we blab,
Re: Is It Biblical For Pastors To Advertise Miracles by ladygaga(f): 3:21am On Aug 27, 2009
, and i also pray dat i dnt find myself in a position where i'ld b desperately lookin 4 miracle/healin,
I dnt thnk its fun, !
Re: Is It Biblical For Pastors To Advertise Miracles by trekkie: 3:43am On Aug 27, 2009
Re: Is It Biblical For Pastors To Advertise Miracles by spikedcylinder: 8:51am On Aug 27, 2009
I locked myself out of my room this afternoon. I had to get a project in by 2 this afternoon and it was around 1:30. I was about to head to school to go and plead with the prof. when my landlord walked in to show the empty rooms to some new students starting next term. luckily for me he had a spare key to my room. This guy lives 4 hours away. Had I said a little prayer before he showed up, that may have just been a miracle, or at least divine intervention. If I were a Christian I might even use it as testimony in church on sunday. But i'm not religious. .  so I was just lucky.

My Aunt survived breast cancer and she prayed the whole time. She went through Chemo and all that and it was a horrible experience for her husband and kids but they came through it. . . that may be a miracle.  But there are several cancer survivors at the old-age home i volunteer at that are not religious at all.   But how do I convince my aunt that her "healing" was not a miracle? I don't think it was, but as someone that witnessed what her and her family went thru, and someone who desperately wanted her to get better, I appreciate what her faith gave her in terms of courage and perserverance.

This religion shit is complicated. . . it is in too deep in the system and i just don't see it going anywhere anytime soon.

Brilliant!

Epi:

The only person who walked this earth and performed Miracles was JC.  I am saying this, because when JC performed miracles, folks were INSTANTLY miraculously healed.

Has anyone of you PERSONALLY seen/witnessed (with your two big eyes) instant miracle the way JC did?.  Abeg, please don't come tell me "oh well we prayed and he got better the following day/week or I saw it on teewee with my own two eyes.  trust me, I don't want to hear it.

the only miracle I know of is life because life itself is a miracle.

This is a major contradiction.
When "JC" performed his miracles, did you see with your own big eyes? Did you witness his own instant miracle? If you have faith and believe he indeed performed those miracles, why can't you do the same for the "anointed men of God"?
Re: Is It Biblical For Pastors To Advertise Miracles by Truthonly(m): 10:40am On Aug 27, 2009
Matthew 16

18-And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.

Hey folks too bad the word has gone forth and cannot be stopped.

Isaiah 55

9-For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts.

10-For as the rain cometh down, and the snow from heaven, and returneth not thither, but watereth the earth, and maketh it bring forth and bud, that it may give seed to the sower, and bread to the eater:

11-So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it.

The Gospel is prevailing in the earth, even on Nairaland, men are coming to the knowledge of the Truth, Hallelujah!

Acts 2

22-Ye men of Israel, hear these words; Jesus of Nazareth, a man approved of God among you by miracles and wonders and signs, which God did by him in the midst of you, as ye yourselves also know:

Guys, its all the other way round. The scripture above shows us that a man thats approved of God is one that has the credentials of miracles and wonders and signs.

I need someone to wake up right now and see that its the devil spreading the lie that miracles should be hidden and not advertised, dont join his campaign, join the army of God, its the winning side.

Nairalanders wise up!
Re: Is It Biblical For Pastors To Advertise Miracles by Chrisbenogor(m): 10:45am On Aug 27, 2009
ladygaga:

I dnt thnk u can hide miracles(i duno if pastors real/fake,its bw God and them none of
My business)
But all the ppl dat jesus christ healed WENT to him, and he healed them when he saw thier FAITH, miracles wldnt hav bn recorded in d bible if they werent a big deal, he never healed ppl dat werent ready to b healed, if d ppl in UCH really wanto be healed,i bet they knw wot to do,or u thnk dey all are believers,ehn?!
i am nt sayn there arent fake pastors
There has to be An ORIGINAL b4 a Fake, lets all think b4 we blab,

have you ever witnessed an original miracle? Like an amputee growing her leg?
Re: Is It Biblical For Pastors To Advertise Miracles by fyneguy: 11:06am On Aug 27, 2009
I think this thread is meant for christians.

The contention here is if miracles should be ''advertized'' (publicized is more appropriate) or not. And this doesn't need non-christians' contributions.
Re: Is It Biblical For Pastors To Advertise Miracles by cassytoons: 11:23am On Aug 27, 2009
Hey guys: there is nothing wrong in Miracles it has happened it will always happen,

but imagine this scenerio 9jillion promo, GLO rule your world promo, Bank sef they do promo (Save 5000 and stand a chance to win 1million),  and all the promos u see every day ,  This tells u one thing something is wrong somewhere and they are all out to lure you to get your money (Maga you), 
Unfortunartely e be like say church sef don join d promo (except that they are not calling it Buy One Miracle Get One Free yet)

@ truthonly : you are right in all your bible quotations except. you forgot that after the miracles Jesus no write am Bill Board ,  it was recorded not by Jesus himself but by witnesses and onlooker

Abeg let a good product sell itself
Re: Is It Biblical For Pastors To Advertise Miracles by Nobody: 11:25am On Aug 27, 2009
i
Re: Is It Biblical For Pastors To Advertise Miracles by agitator: 1:03pm On Aug 27, 2009
Why is it that miracles are always performed on strangers, like the dumb speaking, deaf hearing, lame walking. Why not on somebody you know that has been disabled? Just a question. When Jesus Performed miracles people who knew the beneficiaries used to ask them how were you able to walk, speak, see etc>
Re: Is It Biblical For Pastors To Advertise Miracles by markemmi(m): 1:14pm On Aug 27, 2009
WE MUST BE CAREFUL WITH WAT WE SAY. THIS IS GODS BUSINESS THEREFORE WE MUST BECAREFUL HOW WE TREND. It will matter most if you believe in miracles. Remember that the Bible said in REV 11 vs 12 we overcame the devil by the blood of the lamb and the words of our testimony.

what is wrong in doing miracles. Anwser: nothing

Can you perform one? Answer: yes if you are truly a christian.

So why are you killing yourself about others when you can do it yourself. If you dont like the way they are doing it then change and stop shouting
Re: Is It Biblical For Pastors To Advertise Miracles by FKseun(m): 2:40pm On Aug 27, 2009
They say Talk is cheap! But in actual sense, it ain't cheap all the time. Most times it's costly, it cost some people their lives, happiness, health, job, safety, finances, etc. A lot talk and talk themselves into trouble. True, there are fake ministers of God. But why generalise? We all know that there are fakes in every aspect of life! Fake police, NEPA officials, Fake Doctors, students, companies. In fact we also have fake children! Some who speak are actually products of adulterous affairs between their mums and other men. We should be careful. God will fight at his own time. His ways are not our ways.
Re: Is It Biblical For Pastors To Advertise Miracles by fyneguy: 3:42pm On Aug 27, 2009
agitator:

Why is it that miracles are always performed on strangers, like the dumb speaking, deaf hearing, lame walking. Why not on somebody you know that has been disabled? Just a question. When Jesus Performed miracles people who knew the beneficiaries used to ask them how were you able to walk, speak, see etc>

They are strangers, because you don't know them. Some people know them. Like the case of a UAC worker that got healed. People in UAC know him.
Re: Is It Biblical For Pastors To Advertise Miracles by omodada1: 4:11pm On Aug 27, 2009
T.B JOSHUA grin grin grin HAS ANY ONE SEEN THE V ;VEDIO SHOT? WHAT CAN YOU SAY ABOUT THAT, PLS POST IF U HAVE BETTER INFO ABOUT MORE OF HIS HAND-WORK. GOD IS REALLY MERCYFUL O, ABI?
Re: Is It Biblical For Pastors To Advertise Miracles by KunleOshob(m): 4:52pm On Aug 27, 2009
Advertisement is synonymous with businesses and done with the expectation of a future financial reward. So it is very obvious why these con artists are advertising their so called miracles.
Re: Is It Biblical For Pastors To Advertise Miracles by fyneguy: 6:35pm On Aug 27, 2009
lol

this man has come again.

The word advert in this context, refers to publicity.

You can assume for all you care they publicize for monetary gain. That will be your opinion which you can not prove.

I can as well say you preach door-to-door about christ in order to get financial assistance from people.
Re: Is It Biblical For Pastors To Advertise Miracles by Nobody: 7:02pm On Aug 27, 2009
@fyneguy
Can you honestly say your crooked pastor is not reaping finacial rewards occasioned from increased patronage achieved through the advertisement of his staged miracles?
Re: Is It Biblical For Pastors To Advertise Miracles by fyneguy: 9:56pm On Aug 27, 2009
Jagoon:

@fyneguy
Can you honestly say your crooked pastor is not reaping finacial rewards occasioned from increased patronage achieved through the advertisement of his staged miracles?

If you were not under demonic influence, your question would be good enough for an answer.
Re: Is It Biblical For Pastors To Advertise Miracles by Epi: 11:21pm On Aug 27, 2009
spikedcylinder:

[/color]

[color=#550000]This is a major contradiction.
If you have faith and believe he indeed performed those miracles, why can't you do the same for the "anointed men of God"?

Are you saying that the Son of God is on the same level as these magicians. Anyway, the mere fact that you quoted "anointed men of God" tells me you don't believe the hype

I can say more but an unexpected guest (3 days early) just show up
Re: Is It Biblical For Pastors To Advertise Miracles by fyneguy: 12:16am On Aug 28, 2009
Epi:

Are you saying that the Son of God is on the same level as these magicians. Anyway, the mere fact that you quoted "anointed men of God" tells me you don't believe the hype

I can say more but an unexpected guest (3 days early) just show up

What made you believe the son of God really performed miracles?
Re: Is It Biblical For Pastors To Advertise Miracles by Nobody: 11:36am On Aug 28, 2009
@fyneguy
It is your criminal minded evil pastor that is possesed by a legion of demons. Any man bold enough to continuosly twist God's word for the sake of money must truely be emboldened by the devil himself.
Re: Is It Biblical For Pastors To Advertise Miracles by kachiface(m): 3:09pm On Aug 28, 2009
@poster/all
Points to note:
1. The synoptic gospels is not where to look for the examples of miracles, because, before Jesus died, there was no redemption. The power was with him alone, The reason why he told people to keep the miracles to themselves was because as He categorically said ", my time has not yet come, "

2. After He resurrected, he gave a commission to His disciples to go and preach(publish) the "Gospel" that is - Good News to all creation. Not a condemnation message, but a message of hope! What is good news to a sick person? Healing! What is good news to a poor man? Prosperity. THAT IS THE GOSPEL. (Mark 16:15).

3. Mark 16:17 - These Signs shall follow them who believe, in my name they shall lay hand on the sick and they shall recover. These are signs that should follow everyone, not just the pastors. problem is people think its such a big deal that's why the only ones that enjoy it are the pastors, because they have come to know

3b. John 14:12 ", greater works than these shall ye do also, because i go to my father, ". The miracles of Jesus were just a tip of the iceberg. He said we will do greater things than He did. If greater things are being done by us, expect more noise about it. By the way, the environment was different, now we have technology etc. No wonder when He said into all the world, he knew then, that be now, we can sit in Nigeria(one place) and talk to people in all the continents(all the world).

4. More miracles were performed in the book of Acts than in the synoptic gospels combined. Everytime the apostles performed miracles it was published in the city, that's why scriptures say ", and many were added to the church daily, such as should be saved, " Starting from Peter And John and the beautiful gate, all through to the book of Acts etc. Search through acts for the words: Signs, Wonders, Miracles.

5. Apostle Paul (formerly Saul) Started in the gospel by first experiencing a miracle. You may never appreciate God a,d talk anyhow you like till you're blind for 3 days, then he opens your eyes,

Are Miracles real? - people who doubt this have never needed one.
Wait till you're diagnosed with cancer and given a timetable,
wait till you have an accident and loose your eyesight,
wait till your baby brother has a hole in his heart,
wait till your wife is in an accident and you're told she'll never walk again,
wait till you wake up one morning and half your body is paralyzed,
wait till you eat something and find out the food was contaminated with rat poison and your intestines are burnt out,
wait till you tire bursts and the car somersaults and falls into the ditch,

Act like Thomas, wait till you need a miracle before you believe.

Its easy to talk anyhow. I earnestly pray you do not find yourself in need of a miracle, because if you do, you will know what the gospel is: healing or condemnation.

I have experienced a real miracle first hand. I speak from experience.

Thank you.
Re: Is It Biblical For Pastors To Advertise Miracles by Krayola2(m): 3:30pm On Aug 28, 2009
What about all the people that need a miracle and have been waiting 4 ever?
Re: Is It Biblical For Pastors To Advertise Miracles by Truthonly(m): 3:44pm On Aug 28, 2009
They need to grow their faith. You do so by hearing the word of God consistently. That's the reason for the teaching of the word of God.
Re: Is It Biblical For Pastors To Advertise Miracles by Truthonly(m): 1:03pm On Aug 29, 2009
Matthew 10

5These twelve Jesus sent forth, and commanded them, saying, Go not into the way of the Gentiles, and into any city of the Samaritans enter ye not:

6But go rather to the lost sheep of the house of Israel.

7And as ye go, preach, saying, The kingdom of heaven is at hand.

8[b]Heal the sick, cleanse the lepers, raise the dead, cast out devils[/b]: freely ye have received, freely give.

The Gospel is incomplete without the miracles.
Re: Is It Biblical For Pastors To Advertise Miracles by Idahsteve: 11:10am On Aug 31, 2009
churches now are sophisticated and modern forms of business. if pastor chris don't advertise, he cant sell his bible rhapsody of (un)realities which is now FM CG selling and competing with recharge cards sales.

like Guinness and coca cola his marketing campaign has become very aggressive especially during October 1st independence celebrations.
which buttresses the fact that Christianity as a religion was adapted wholesale from the activities of pagans
Re: Is It Biblical For Pastors To Advertise Miracles by Nezan(m): 12:06pm On Aug 31, 2009
Nope
Re: Is It Biblical For Pastors To Advertise Miracles by ayobase(m): 8:01pm On Sep 02, 2009
Hmmmm,
blaspheming again?

Why cant u people of nairaland
allow the the owner of loads to carry
their loads? Why are u helping?

Cant u just mum 4 a while!

Nigeria Is Blessed.
Re: Is It Biblical For Pastors To Advertise Miracles by alimat2(f): 11:56am On Sep 03, 2009
Pastor dnt need to advert their miracles b4 they are know, they can simply go to KANO STREET AT OYINGBO,LAGOS there are many people waiting for miracle overthere.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Jesus Or Mohammed: A Brief Look At 25 Differences / Is Jesus god? / Why Is Total Forgiveness Difficult Amongst Most Nigerian Christians?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.