Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,043 members, 7,814,564 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 03:11 PM

Are There Atheists And Agnostics From Muslim Countries? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Are There Atheists And Agnostics From Muslim Countries? (693 Views)

Atheists And Agnostics Of Nairaland, What Made You Change Your Beliefs? / Answers For Atheists And Agnostics - Evidence For God From Science / Overcoming The Fear Of Hell FIRE: A Response To Atheists And Their Likes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are There Atheists And Agnostics From Muslim Countries? by ZUBY77(m): 3:51pm On Jun 06, 2016
I am just curious.
We read and see the bad things some of the Muslims do in Nigeria and elsewhere and it begs the question, are there anything like non belivers from the north at all, or are they all affiliated to Islam?
My curiosity came out of the fact that some people from the Islamic nations may be scared to practice atheism which means thay somehow, need help.

Constructive arguments please.
Don't make me call you a Blockhead.

1 Like

Re: Are There Atheists And Agnostics From Muslim Countries? by victoriousme(m): 9:04pm On Jun 06, 2016
In most Islamic countries I think it is a crime to denounce the religion. But I know in some places like Iran, Pakistan etc they have some Christians and possibly atheists.
Re: Are There Atheists And Agnostics From Muslim Countries? by johnydon22(m): 4:37am On Jun 07, 2016
yes millions though most stay under the closet for fear of death just like most Nigerian atheist also stay under the closet for fear of discrimination, harm or at worst death too

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are There Atheists And Agnostics From Muslim Countries? by frank317: 6:32am On Jun 07, 2016
There are... but the fear of these butchers for Allah is the beginning of wisdom
Re: Are There Atheists And Agnostics From Muslim Countries? by Nobody: 8:01am On Jun 07, 2016
Yeaaahhh........ But there are apostasy laws there, don't you know?
Re: Are There Atheists And Agnostics From Muslim Countries? by UyiIredia(m): 8:04am On Jun 07, 2016
ZUBY77:
I am just curious.
We read and see the bad things some of the Muslims do in Nigeria and elsewhere and it begs the question, are there anything like non belivers from the north at all, or are they all affiliated to Islam?
My curiosity came out of the fact that some people from the Islamic nations may be scared to practice atheism which means thay somehow, need help.

Constructive arguments please.
Don't make me call you a Blockhead.

There are actually atheists in Muslim countries. But they are in the closet and pretend to be practicing Muslims for reasons I believe are obvious.

(1) (Reply)

Thousands Of Muslim Begin A New Life As They Gave Their Life To Christ / Road Ends For Fake Pastor Who Used False Prophecy To Lure, Rob Victims / If These Are Your Beliefs, You Could Be A Deist

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.