Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,766 members, 7,820,676 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:17 PM

26 Csos Move To Back IPOB For Referendum On Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 26 Csos Move To Back IPOB For Referendum On Nigeria (3377 Views)

Islamic Movement, Save Lagos Group, Others Back IPOB Protest / CSOs, NGOs And Media Visit EFCC’s Detention Facilities (Photos) / Our Spirit Gone Out Of The Carcass Called Nigeria, We Will Never Come Back –IPOB (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

26 Csos Move To Back IPOB For Referendum On Nigeria by Obaiyski(m): 7:58pm On Jun 06, 2016
By Emmanuel Ugwu in Umuahia

Efforts by the federal authorities to brutally suppress the Biafra agitation appear to be backfiring as 26 civil society organisations have taken steps to endorse the non-violent agitation championed by the Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB) and to call for a referendum to decide the future of Nigeria as one entity.

The decision was taken at the weekend in Enugu at a meeting of the CSOs drawn from the South-east and South-south zones in the wake of the massacre of unarmed agitators during the 49th anniversary celebration of Biafra.

The groups in their communiqué, however said a final decision on whether to openly back IPOB or not would be taken at their next meeting scheduled for June 27 in Umuahia, Abia State, after building “a larger coalition and consulting more widely.”

It was gathered that the meeting was convened by octogenarian, Mrs. Mariah Okwor, who is also leader of Igbo Women Assembly (IWA), with the sole agenda of taking a stand on IPOB agitation.

Some of the organisations represented at the Enugu meeting were the Christian Association of Nigeria (CAN), Pentecostal Fellowship of Nigeria (PFN), Traditional Rulers, Igbo Traders Congress, Ohanaeze Youth Forum, Igbo in Academia, South-east Professionals, Niger Delta Youth Forum, Old Eastern Region Movement, World Igbo Congress, Igbo Survival Movement, South East Youth Congress, among others.

While the groups thoroughly condemned the May 30 Biafra Day massacre in Onitsha, they also expressed anger at the apparent silence of South-east governors over the cold blooded massacre of 81 easterners on Monday around Onitsha and its environs during the 49th Anniversary of the annual May 30 Biafra Day Ceremony.”

Bishop Michael Ibeneme of the Lords Salvation Gospel Ministry, who chaired the meeting, lamented the deliberate attempt by the army to blackmail the youths by claiming that the agitators turned violent.

“It is fabricated lies; the youths were deliberately murdered by the soldiers simply because someone in Abuja does not want to hear the name Biafra. Everybody knows those boys were not armed,” he said, adding, “This mindless killing is unacceptable.”

It was an effusive outpouring of grief and condemnations at the meeting as speaker after speaker vehemently cried out over “the attempt to silence the truth by taking away more than half of the corpses by the military.”

The convener, Mrs. Okwor said: “This brutal genocide has clearly redefined the Nigerian reality. It is extremely difficult for any sane person to continue to support or even feel safe in any state where cold blooded murder by the state has become an everyday occurrence.

“We are totally shocked at the ruthlessness and wickedness of killing our children in cold blood. Our governors by their silence are only trying to isolate themselves from the people. Soon the people will mass up on one side and Buhari, the soldiers and the governors on another side. They will soon find out that they are Leaders without followers. Everybody is mourning. The killings are unacceptable.”

Meanwhile, the founder of Igbo Youth Movement (IYM) and deputy secretary of Igbo Leaders of Thought, Evangelist Elliot Uko, has appealed to all aggrieved youths of Eastern region to remain non-violent in their agitation for justice and equity, assuring them that the masses are with them.

He made the appeal while addressing student union leaders from 44 tertiary institutions the South-east, saying that “the injustice in Nigeria can never be solved by killing unarmed youths and then turn round to falsely accuse them of attacking military men.”

“We all know IPOB (members) are not armed, and we plead with them not to succumb to pressure and temptation to take up arms. The decision to kill them was a terrible mistake. Now everybody is identifying with their course, even those who didn’t support them in the past now sympathise with them,” he said.
http://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2016/06/06/26-csos-move-to-back-ipob-for-referendum-on-nigeria/

6 Likes

Re: 26 Csos Move To Back IPOB For Referendum On Nigeria by crestedaguiyi: 8:03pm On Jun 06, 2016
Wayor wayor, I ga nalu cool

2 Likes

Re: 26 Csos Move To Back IPOB For Referendum On Nigeria by unstableaswater: 8:07pm On Jun 06, 2016
the cold blooded massacre of 81 easterners on Monday around Onitsha and its environs during the 49th Anniversary of the annual May 30 Biafra Day Ceremony.”

Buhari, where is the justice in this dastardly act of murder commited by your regime?

If u wanted IPOB to win, Y not just call a referendum than murder people fathers like this?

2 Likes

Re: 26 Csos Move To Back IPOB For Referendum On Nigeria by simplemach(m): 8:45pm On Jun 06, 2016
just watching
Re: 26 Csos Move To Back IPOB For Referendum On Nigeria by judondasylva(m): 5:53am On Jun 07, 2016
wow that's wonderful

1 Like

Re: 26 Csos Move To Back IPOB For Referendum On Nigeria by stephliet(f): 6:45am On Jun 07, 2016
at the End Igbo's will stand... All hail Igbo's grin

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 26 Csos Move To Back IPOB For Referendum On Nigeria by tonytony208(m): 6:50am On Jun 07, 2016
I was expecting CSOs from other parts of Nigeria and international community. All represented are affiliated to igbos one way or the other, including CAN and PFN. I don't see this having much recognition without other groups being involved.
Re: 26 Csos Move To Back IPOB For Referendum On Nigeria by nonaira: 6:51am On Jun 07, 2016
Christian Association of Nigeria (CAN), Pentecostal Fellowship of Nigeria (PFN), Traditional Rulers, Igbo Traders Congress, Ohanaeze Youth Forum, Igbo in Academia, South-east Professionals, Niger Delta Youth Forum, Old Eastern Region Movement, World Igbo Congress, Igbo Survival Movement, South East Youth Congress, among others.

These are the real SS and SE group, not Ohaneze wayo people, Mend hunger/money following hand people, SE or SS governors. These group listed are the real people...I applaud am.

1 Like

Re: 26 Csos Move To Back IPOB For Referendum On Nigeria by nonaira: 6:53am On Jun 07, 2016
tonytony208:
I was expecting CSOs from other parts of Nigeria and international community. All represented are affiliated to igbos one way or the other, including CAN and PFN. I don't see this having much recognition without other groups being involved.

Niger Delta Youth Forum is NOT an igbo group.
Old Eastern Region Movement is a mixture of SE and SS

And since when did CAN and PFN become an Igbo group only?

It seems like you've developed eye problem

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 26 Csos Move To Back IPOB For Referendum On Nigeria by BAILMONEY: 7:05am On Jun 07, 2016
nonaira:

Re: 26 Csos Move To Back IPOB For Referendum On Nigeria by tonytony208(m): 7:06am On Jun 07, 2016
nonaira:

Just like your head has hit the rock and your brain has turned to a mix of mashed bone and grey matter
Re: 26 Csos Move To Back IPOB For Referendum On Nigeria by nonaira: 7:07am On Jun 07, 2016
BAILMONEY:
YORUBA MUSLIM

I think you quoted the wrong person. My post was against what that yoloba Muslim wey dey twist mouth to talk.

Abeg, no insult me oooo. Being called yoloba, na insult. Being called muslim, na insult. Being called both, na biggest insult you can give to person

Mind yourself..no insult me again.

1 Like

Re: 26 Csos Move To Back IPOB For Referendum On Nigeria by nonaira: 7:10am On Jun 07, 2016
tonytony208:

Just like your head has hit the rock and your brain has turned to a mix of mashed bone and grey matter

Better than being the ebola virus wey dey menace this world like yourself. See yourself....complete disease along with your eye problem. Come on Waka commot

1 Like

Re: 26 Csos Move To Back IPOB For Referendum On Nigeria by tonytony208(m): 7:13am On Jun 07, 2016
nonaira:

Better than being the ebola virus wey dey menace this world like yourself. See yourself....complete disease along with your eye problem. Come on Waka commot

Your brain is dead. No point wasting my time with you. But I thought you guys claimed Niger deltans are igbos now? So, they are not igbos again now? In fact it is like your brain is upside down.
Re: 26 Csos Move To Back IPOB For Referendum On Nigeria by BAILMONEY: 7:17am On Jun 07, 2016
tonytony208:
SEE THEM embarassed
Re: 26 Csos Move To Back IPOB For Referendum On Nigeria by nonaira: 7:18am On Jun 07, 2016
tonytony208:

Your brain is dead. No point wasting my time with you. But I thought you guys claimed Niger deltans are igbos now? So, they are not igbos again now? In fact it is like your brain is upside down.

See this goat..you made a complete fool of yourself and now trying to back track when your pants are caught down. As I said you are an epidemic disease. Your stupidity needs to be eradicated from this world before it becomes the next HIV ( uncurable).

Oya I thought you said ND are not igbo. Infact I could have sworn your monkey asses they do una divide and rule tactics....wetin happen? Cat got your tongue?

1 Like

Re: 26 Csos Move To Back IPOB For Referendum On Nigeria by omenka(m): 7:20am On Jun 07, 2016
Referendum and non-violent means, count me ALL IN!!
Re: 26 Csos Move To Back IPOB For Referendum On Nigeria by tonytony208(m): 7:22am On Jun 07, 2016
nonaira:

See this goat..you made a complete fool of yourself and now trying to back track when your pants are caught down. As I said you are an epidemic disease. Your stupidity needs to be eradicated from this world before it becomes the next HIV ( uncurable).

Oya I thought you said ND are not igbo. Infact I could have sworn your monkey asses they do una divide and rule tactics....wetin happen? Cat got your tongue?

See this nincompoop talking like a deranged 1mbecile. Didn't you claim Niger deltans are igbos? Now, you are changing the story again. Are you guys cursed with inconsistency? Empty chest beating flaaaaathead!
Re: 26 Csos Move To Back IPOB For Referendum On Nigeria by nonaira: 7:28am On Jun 07, 2016
tonytony208:

See this nincompoop talking like a deranged 1mbecile. Didn't you claim Niger deltans are igbos? Now, you are changing the story again. Are you guys cursed with inconsistency? Empty chest beating flaaaaathead!

When have I claimed ND are Igbo you dimwit? Oya post am, let everyone see.

I'm from ND you fool. I'm delta igbo so brain dead animal, I know there are several tribes in ND. Even SE are aware of that hence they claim only Igbo territory ND.

Una on the other hand were the ones screaming "Stick to SE. No Igbo in ND..attache by force, blah "...no be you and the rest of your animals from the zoo. Why back tracking now, come screech.

Oh while I'm at it, NO delta or even Rivers igbo join any ND group. Majority of ND group are controlled by Ijaws. Just so you know.

Now go drink acid and save the humanity from your kind of idiocy. Thank you

2 Likes

Re: 26 Csos Move To Back IPOB For Referendum On Nigeria by Babacele: 7:31am On Jun 07, 2016
omenka:
OM , Modath n all who sincerely want a better community please let us pray for this.
Re: 26 Csos Move To Back IPOB For Referendum On Nigeria by tonytony208(m): 7:35am On Jun 07, 2016
nonaira:

When have I claimed ND are Igbo you dimwit? Oya post am, let everyone see.

I'm from ND you fool. I'm delta igbo so brain dead animal, I know there are several tribes in ND. Even SE are aware of that hence they claim only Igbo territory ND.

Una on the other hand were the ones screaming "Stick to SE. No Igbo in ND..attache by force, blah "...no be you and the rest of your animals from the zoo. Why back tracking now, come screech.

Oh while I'm at it, NO delta or even Rivers igbo join any ND group. Majority of ND group are controlled by Ijaws. Just so you know.

Now go drink acid and save the humanity from your kind of idiocy. Thank you

You are a small boy here. Go and read through what your fellow Igbo blodas have posted on nairaland. They all claim Niger deltans are igbos.

Shut up and go and learn from your Igbo blodas and stop commenting like an upstart 1d1ot here.
Re: 26 Csos Move To Back IPOB For Referendum On Nigeria by attackgat: 7:38am On Jun 07, 2016
It is hard to imagine that in just a year of Buhari's administration, more people have been killed under him by the Nigeria security agencies than any other civil dispensation.Hundreds unarmed IPOB/MASSOB agitators, hundreds of Shia Muslims. All killed by people who are paid to protect life. All of this in a democracy. With all the crimes of this Government against the people, many believe it is this administration that will redeem Nigeria? Laughable. The Onitsha/Mkpor massacre is a clear example of why Igbos should strive to be independent of Nigeria and become self governing. The Soldiers who shot unarmed IPOB youths were not Igbos. That's why they felt confortable to kill people. No Igbo Soldier would shoot into a crowd of unarmed Igbos, he wouldn't do this because his own loved one could be in that crowd. But a northern Soldier will do this. So where the so called 'one Nigeria'? It will be the proudest day of my life to see the day my fellow Igbos get their own independent nation (with or without the minorities).

God is on our side and the truth shall set us free. It was the biggest mistake in West Africa for Lord Lugard to have brought the Igbo/Yoruba/Hausa man together. But we shall eventually correct that mistake

5 Likes

Re: 26 Csos Move To Back IPOB For Referendum On Nigeria by temptnow: 7:42am On Jun 07, 2016
The zoogeria must fall.
Re: 26 Csos Move To Back IPOB For Referendum On Nigeria by skyman200(m): 7:45am On Jun 07, 2016
Unbelievable, This is the group that can make biafra to come so easily Good for the igbos and other tribes, what of Yoruba people? Why i said so is that i have ralised that fuhani people is not the type a peaceful people can live with, it is the facts, these Fulani people get heart.

1 Like

Re: 26 Csos Move To Back IPOB For Referendum On Nigeria by obailala(m): 8:14am On Jun 07, 2016
81 people killed last week?
Re: 26 Csos Move To Back IPOB For Referendum On Nigeria by Nobody: 10:06am On Jun 07, 2016
When the people speak with one voice, freedom becomes inevitable.... I'm loving it. grin

2 Likes

Re: 26 Csos Move To Back IPOB For Referendum On Nigeria by Agunechemba1(m): 10:14am On Jun 07, 2016
attackgat:
It is hard to imagine that in just a year of Buhari's administration, more people have been killed under him by the Nigeria security agencies than any other civil dispensation.Hundreds unarmed IPOB/MASSOB agitators, hundreds of Shia Muslims. All killed by people who are paid to protect life. All of this in a democracy. With all the crimes of this Government against the people, many believe it is this administration that will redeem Nigeria? Laughable. The Onitsha/Mkpor massacre is a clear example of why Igbos should strive to be independent of Nigeria and become self governing. The Soldiers who shot unarmed IPOB youths were not Igbos. That's why they felt confortable to kill people. No Igbo Soldier would shoot into a crowd of unarmed Igbos, he wouldn't do this because his own loved one could be in that crowd. But a northern Soldier will do this. So where the so called 'one Nigeria'? It will be the proudest day of my life to see the day my fellow Igbos get their own independent nation (with or without the minorities).

God is on our side and the truth shall set us free. It was the biggest mistake in West Africa for Lord Lugard to have brought the Igbo/Yoruba/Hausa man together. But we shall eventually correct that mistake

Nwanne with this write up, you've made my day.

God bless you.

God bless the igbos.

We shall overcome.

1 Like

Re: 26 Csos Move To Back IPOB For Referendum On Nigeria by sweettlemon(f): 10:28am On Jun 07, 2016
omenka:

Good!!!
Re: 26 Csos Move To Back IPOB For Referendum On Nigeria by sexybrooke: 11:21am On Jun 07, 2016
So 81 people were killed on 30 by buhari's security and someone is. Telling me to pray for buhari's safe return from hospital imagine he is good @ killing people but doesn't wnt to die abi .....my brothers and sisters were among the dead and you want me to pray for him ?well I had something I wanted to share with my dead sisters and brothers but I never had the chance but bubu will help and deliver that message to them surely he must very very soon nonsense adieu
Re: 26 Csos Move To Back IPOB For Referendum On Nigeria by Nobody: 11:31am On Jun 07, 2016
sad biafra will never come in Jesus name
Re: 26 Csos Move To Back IPOB For Referendum On Nigeria by Nobody: 11:52am On Jun 07, 2016
irunooboo:
sad biafra will never come in Jesus name

See painment... grin grin grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Breaking!! Soyinka Publicly Tears His American Passport As Trump Inaugurated / Biafra Represented At Stockholms,sweden Marathon(pics) / Apc Will Not Give You President Do Your Worst.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.