Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,511 members, 7,819,850 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:16 AM

Candidates Should NOT Buy Post-utme Forms As Post UTME Remains Cancelled-nuc - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Candidates Should NOT Buy Post-utme Forms As Post UTME Remains Cancelled-nuc (25741 Views)

JAMB Remarks Scripts All Candidates Should Check Back Their JAMB Results / Candidates, Dont Buy Post-utme Forms As Post UTME Remains Cancelled – NUC / Candidates, Dont Buy Post-utme Forms As Post UTME Remains Cancelled – NUC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Candidates Should NOT Buy Post-utme Forms As Post UTME Remains Cancelled-nuc by olanshile2016(m): 12:12pm On Jun 07, 2016
buh some schools are still announcing sale of d form
Re: Candidates Should NOT Buy Post-utme Forms As Post UTME Remains Cancelled-nuc by jojothaiv(m): 12:14pm On Jun 07, 2016
omusiliyu:
"Nothing good will come out from PMB regime"

Muhammad Ali, 1st of June, 2016. (His last statement on earth)
And that's where you are wrong..

The good that came out from PMB regime is....

WORLD TOUR...

1 Like

Re: Candidates Should NOT Buy Post-utme Forms As Post UTME Remains Cancelled-nuc by Nobody: 12:15pm On Jun 07, 2016
Feranchek:
This one well at all How else will they screen students if it's not P.UTME This one no geh sense at all o0ooo
Other countries givin admission to students in Africa are they writing any form of exam before doing that? Did they complain?
Re: Candidates Should NOT Buy Post-utme Forms As Post UTME Remains Cancelled-nuc by Gabbyraze(m): 12:20pm On Jun 07, 2016
olamiposi007:
It is a welcome development to stop the act of exploitation by Universities. Moreover, it is will be quite difficult for students from poor background to easily get admitted.I am speaking from experience.
Post-utme started during time. I and my Sister applied to different Universities in Lagos State and were asked to pay #150,000 for hers and #70,000 for mine all in the name of Admission runs by University administrators with or without VC's knowledge.
Fortunately, Post-utme was introduced, we both obtained forms and we passed. We did not pay dime for any admission.
My recommendation is that FG should regulate Post -Utme's fee than scrapping. This idea of scraping gives even Cult guys,miscreants, cleaners,lecturers etc the opportunity to exploit Applicants all in the name of Admission.
FG should rethink
Kudos,na only u give better talk here. We are from same time,not this kids around now. I think they should put a fixed price for the pume form,1k for fed uni, 2k for state uni. Same for fed and state poly,because these universities exploit students and even with d pume,lecturers and other highly placed admin pple still collect money for runz o,but at least d pume gives d poor pple a chance

1 Like

Re: Candidates Should NOT Buy Post-utme Forms As Post UTME Remains Cancelled-nuc by seunlayi(m): 12:27pm On Jun 07, 2016
The quote and the poster above me nailed it. Postutme should be sustain but with lower fee otherwise, as said above, it is an opportunity for free scamming of applicants.

1 Like

Re: Candidates Should NOT Buy Post-utme Forms As Post UTME Remains Cancelled-nuc by holywota: 12:28pm On Jun 07, 2016
If unizik putme form comes out i ll still buy it,don't trust anybody,stupid leaders
Re: Candidates Should NOT Buy Post-utme Forms As Post UTME Remains Cancelled-nuc by OlujobaSamuel: 12:37pm On Jun 07, 2016
Feranchek:
This one well at all How else will they screen students if it's not P.UTME This one no geh sense at all o0ooo
they do screen candidate without the putme, just that the nuc shouldn't have made such statement because it causes more confusion in the system, just like the case of exemption of savings account from stamp duty that banks found difficult to comprehend, albeit with good examples on what screening entails, they could have avoided this ridicule they are attracting.
result check, background information like waec, your subject combination score, quota, discipline are all part of screenings, putme is also a form of screening, but the schools have other ways to screen, they just want to extort and exploit as much as possible.
fg schools now pay fees into tsa account, putme won't pass through tsa, this is one of the benefits of putme to those schools.
Re: Candidates Should NOT Buy Post-utme Forms As Post UTME Remains Cancelled-nuc by ogwucheveekee(f): 12:38pm On Jun 07, 2016
Great idea..really degree just too overrated here.easily Access to it please if you can't further you will be withdrawn.
Re: Candidates Should NOT Buy Post-utme Forms As Post UTME Remains Cancelled-nuc by Esso95(m): 1:40pm On Jun 07, 2016
Nellybii:

Screening is after getting your admission letter from JAMB normal checking of your WAEC etc
Sharap.
That's clearance not screening.
Re: Candidates Should NOT Buy Post-utme Forms As Post UTME Remains Cancelled-nuc by Esso95(m): 1:42pm On Jun 07, 2016
lilzcee:
u think screening is exam? Screening is bringing your waec and neco result
Sharap!
Stop speculating and permutating thrash.
Re: Candidates Should NOT Buy Post-utme Forms As Post UTME Remains Cancelled-nuc by Esso95(m): 1:44pm On Jun 07, 2016
jeffoe:
the way they have ben screening applicant before the era of pume, no strike would happen because management not ASUU benefit from pume funds grin grin grin
And who constitutie ASUU's work-force?
Ghosts?
Re: Candidates Should NOT Buy Post-utme Forms As Post UTME Remains Cancelled-nuc by Esso95(m): 1:45pm On Jun 07, 2016
jeffoe:
the way they have ben screening applicant before the era of pume, no strike would happen because management not ASUU benefit from pume funds grin grin grin
And who constitute ASUU's work-force?
Ghosts?
Re: Candidates Should NOT Buy Post-utme Forms As Post UTME Remains Cancelled-nuc by Esso95(m): 1:46pm On Jun 07, 2016
jeffoe:
And who constitute ASUU's work-force?
Ghosts?
Re: Candidates Should NOT Buy Post-utme Forms As Post UTME Remains Cancelled-nuc by johnkay1(m): 1:58pm On Jun 07, 2016
What is d fate of predegree student?
Re: Candidates Should NOT Buy Post-utme Forms As Post UTME Remains Cancelled-nuc by temmyblaze001: 2:25pm On Jun 07, 2016
pls some1 shld help ooo,wat abt those DAT applied 4 direct entry..wat is jamb preparing 4 dem
Re: Candidates Should NOT Buy Post-utme Forms As Post UTME Remains Cancelled-nuc by erico2k2(m): 2:39pm On Jun 07, 2016
eightsin:
Post UTME scrapped but universities are allowed to screen candidates send to them?

How are they going to do the screening? Oh! Maybe it is going to be a free screening. VCs will not agree because they make a lot of cash from it
Same way they screened back in the 90s
Scores and O level.grades. what's wrong with that?
Re: Candidates Should NOT Buy Post-utme Forms As Post UTME Remains Cancelled-nuc by Nobody: 3:09pm On Jun 07, 2016
Lordmykel:
Yesso grin .. Thank God. I dont even have money to buy post utme form.. 7 thousand naira no be beans..

They should either make the form 500 naira or... NO POST UTME. Period. smiley
grin grin so you are still a kid sef and you have so much hatred for the igbos ... better read
Re: Candidates Should NOT Buy Post-utme Forms As Post UTME Remains Cancelled-nuc by Nobody: 3:23pm On Jun 07, 2016
Esso95:

Sharap!
Stop speculating and permutating thrash.
ewu, aturu, olodo, oloshi, don't quote me again to avoid thunder from firing you, am not the only one correcting you
Re: Candidates Should NOT Buy Post-utme Forms As Post UTME Remains Cancelled-nuc by Ayatullah(m): 5:48pm On Jun 07, 2016
Standing firm on scrapping Post-UTME should be strictly adhered to. The universities have been conducting screening of students all along in the form of certificate screening.

Any screening that means students will be made to cough out money should be frowned at. Indeed if JAMB could be relied on to conduct exams then no university should doubt their integrity.

If universities doubt JAMB integrity then they should be honourable and patriotic enough to ask for Dibu Ojerinde's head and sponsor a bill to the national assembly for JAMB to be scrapped.

Re: Candidates Should NOT Buy Post-utme Forms As Post UTME Remains Cancelled-nuc by Kosy79(f): 6:11pm On Jun 07, 2016
VellyG:
Good move by NUC.. Since 2004 they have been making money from this legalized fraud called post UME fee.
Imagine a school with 10,000 candidates @ 5,000 per form gives the school 50million naira per year from post utme alone and this has been going on for 12years (since 2004)that's 600million which is more than half a billion naira.
VC's are one the most corrupt people in Nigeria. If part of this money is being remitted to NUC they Wud never have any reason to scrap it.
EFCC Shud do the needful and stop chasing shadows.
. I fink Jamb should be nullified instead cos Jamb is d most corrupt. In other countries Jamb are not taken u wil only go and sit for d school exams and if u pass u will be admitted but here in Nigeria is not being done that way. They frustrate us and expect us to be better person. They increase our years in school (according to d course/dept) even strike aids them too and yet they expect us to come out young. Nigeria is d worst country ever in terms of Education. Nigeria is not helping Nigerians i tell u.
Re: Candidates Should NOT Buy Post-utme Forms As Post UTME Remains Cancelled-nuc by eightsin(m): 7:45pm On Jun 07, 2016
erico2k2:

Same way they screened back in the 90s
Scores and O level.grades. what's wrong with that?

Absolutely nothing
Re: Candidates Should NOT Buy Post-utme Forms As Post UTME Remains Cancelled-nuc by nelronaldo(m): 7:48pm On Jun 07, 2016
This govt is just clueless! this kind of decision should have been taken before Jamb was written and not after.. they better postpone the no more post utme till next year.
Re: Candidates Should NOT Buy Post-utme Forms As Post UTME Remains Cancelled-nuc by Lordmykel(m): 9:24pm On Jun 07, 2016
That:
grin grin so you are still a kid sef and you have so much hatred for the igbos ... better read
i do not hate the igbos brother. I rep unical.watin wan carry me go igbo man university. You wan make i write jamb 10 times?
Re: Candidates Should NOT Buy Post-utme Forms As Post UTME Remains Cancelled-nuc by Smartanthony: 9:31pm On Jun 07, 2016
[quote author=RoyalBlak007 post=46347326]Another Strike looming...
ooo.... Thats not fair,wht about the form.now they wil conduct d exam 4 there family member,and they wil gain admition to study med/surg.wht a change undecided[/font][/b][/color][/

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Unilag Freshers Seen Climbing Wall To Undergo Their Mandatory Drug Test. / Lagos To Ban Unintelligent Students From Public Schools / Janet Kyeme, Lokoja University Student Goes Missing After Leaving For Lectures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.