Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,326 members, 7,811,962 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:06 AM

Glo Crashes The Price Of Data Bundle In Latest Offer - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Glo Crashes The Price Of Data Bundle In Latest Offer (7600 Views)

Glo Is Dishing Out 125% Data Bonus To All Customers In Their Latest Offer / 9mobile New Latest List Of Data Plans Subscription Codes & Prices 2017 / Check Out The Price Of The New Nokia 3310 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Glo Crashes The Price Of Data Bundle In Latest Offer by Jeboy(m): 7:42pm On Jun 07, 2016
Just saw this on a website. Glo has finally crashed prices of data bundle.

Re: Glo Crashes The Price Of Data Bundle In Latest Offer by hisgrace090: 7:45pm On Jun 07, 2016
Waao! Quit a serious and healthy development. I think we are moving forward no matter how slow.

2 Likes

Re: Glo Crashes The Price Of Data Bundle In Latest Offer by Nobody: 7:56pm On Jun 07, 2016
If only their network no dey give person headache... angry

14 Likes

Re: Glo Crashes The Price Of Data Bundle In Latest Offer by onoslove(f): 8:07pm On Jun 07, 2016
Can blackberry users enjoy this offer. If yes, how do i subscribe.
Re: Glo Crashes The Price Of Data Bundle In Latest Offer by BrainnewsNg(f): 9:39pm On Jun 07, 2016
onoslove:

No

Not possible

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Glo Crashes The Price Of Data Bundle In Latest Offer by Nobody: 10:16pm On Jun 07, 2016
That is the only way they can entize subscribers. Their data service is very poor in majority of locations, so yes let's squash the price. 20gb on mtn is not enough for me for 3 weeks, but I can't finish 5gb of glo in 1 month. U know why? It freaky doesn't work. To see network na Wahala, their data can dey dissapear and reappear at will.

15 Likes

Re: Glo Crashes The Price Of Data Bundle In Latest Offer by VocalWalls: 10:30pm On Jun 07, 2016
Jeboy:
Just saw this on a website. Glo has finally crashed prices of data bundle.

na person adsense you go dey snap so... i just ope you didn't over-click the stuff while trying to snipe it...

1 Like

Re: Glo Crashes The Price Of Data Bundle In Latest Offer by MARKone(m): 10:48pm On Jun 07, 2016
onoslove:

Yes you can use, just change ur APN to Gloflat or Sharp. Just that their network is horrible.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Glo Crashes The Price Of Data Bundle In Latest Offer by 3rdlegxxx(m): 11:49pm On Jun 07, 2016
greenhulk:
That is the only way they can entize subscribers. Their data service is very poor in majority of locations, so yes let's squash the price. 20gb on mtn is not enough for me for 3 weeks, but I can't finish 5gb of glo in 1 month. U know why? It freaky doesn't work. To see network na Wahala, their data can dey dissapear and reappear at will.
Bro speak for yourself, I have been using glo d for about 2 years plus now, from android to bb10 and that's what i'm using right now and trust me, it's really fast

1 Like

Re: Glo Crashes The Price Of Data Bundle In Latest Offer by KELVIN086: 11:51pm On Jun 07, 2016
Useless network , I currently have 48gb data but with this their foolish network I'm not sure I would be able to use up to 3gb this month.

1 Like

Re: Glo Crashes The Price Of Data Bundle In Latest Offer by KELVIN086: 12:03am On Jun 08, 2016
3rdlegxxx:
Bro speak for yourself, I have been using glo d for about 2 years plus now, from android to bb10 and that's what i'm using right now and trust me, it's really fast
The guy is right about 80% of Nigerians complain about the same glo bad network , maybe your house is located very close to one of their mast carrying wcdma network or is within its line of site.
Glo used to have a very good network in my area back then before I switched to etisalat, I think what's affecting them might be lack of maintenance of telecoms hardware.
The only reason I subsribed to glo is because of this 48gb data plan and from what I'm seeing so far I won't be able to use more than 10% of that this month, the moment my data period finishes I'm going back to mtn or etisalat.
Glo knows their network is sh*t that's why they are giving free data .

7 Likes

Re: Glo Crashes The Price Of Data Bundle In Latest Offer by Nobody: 1:16am On Jun 08, 2016
3rdlegxxx:

Is glo data fast? YES it is fast (when it works). A lot of times it doesn't work. I've used it in 4 different locations in 3 different states including lagos and Abuja... Same thing. It is fast when it works no doubt about that.

If it works well in ur location good for u, but the fact is it doesn't work well in majority of locations. 80% of nairalanders CANNOT BE WRONG.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Glo Crashes The Price Of Data Bundle In Latest Offer by gen2briz(m): 4:38am On Jun 08, 2016
90% of user complain about their data services

1 Like

Re: Glo Crashes The Price Of Data Bundle In Latest Offer by ybalogs(m): 6:40am On Jun 08, 2016
What's with these glo bashing? All networks misbehaves these days, are we saying glo is the worst? Well if I were to answer, I think glo network is indeed the worst around here for now cos it refuses to open some applications I use while other networks opens it easily. My take.
Re: Glo Crashes The Price Of Data Bundle In Latest Offer by rattlesnake(m): 6:47am On Jun 08, 2016
I bought glo 3000 12GB Ave only been able to use 500mb due to bad network it's now one week
Re: Glo Crashes The Price Of Data Bundle In Latest Offer by Giyerte(m): 6:52am On Jun 08, 2016
With just 2g network here in Port Harcourt. Glo na jet, I dey feel the network here
Re: Glo Crashes The Price Of Data Bundle In Latest Offer by joeace2020(m): 6:58am On Jun 08, 2016
ybalogs:
What's with these glo bashing? All networks misbehaves these days, are we saying glo is the worst? Well if I were to answer, I think glo network is indeed the worst around here for now cos it refuses to open some applications I use while other networks opens it easily. My take.

so in esssence wat was the first line of your post supposed to achieve? you berated people for complaining, then asked a question and answered it as if you had something different to say

1 Like

Re: Glo Crashes The Price Of Data Bundle In Latest Offer by tempem: 7:05am On Jun 08, 2016
EroticAngelina:
If only their network no dey give person headache... angry
But, it's a different story here.. After Airtel in my area, GLo is next.
Re: Glo Crashes The Price Of Data Bundle In Latest Offer by AdeniyiA(m): 7:10am On Jun 08, 2016
rattlesnake:
I bought glo 3000 12GB Ave only been able to use 500mb due to bad network it's now one week
same here bro, bought 3gb(3072mb) and i haven't been able to use 20mb for 4days now, even at night.
The disturbing part is their silence to the public cries...undecided

1 Like

Re: Glo Crashes The Price Of Data Bundle In Latest Offer by Nobody: 7:32am On Jun 08, 2016
How can one use this plan on an android phone whose imei number has bn tweaked? I don't want to change sim slot
Re: Glo Crashes The Price Of Data Bundle In Latest Offer by Raypawer(m): 7:35am On Jun 08, 2016
Na promo or na real?
Re: Glo Crashes The Price Of Data Bundle In Latest Offer by kally01(m): 8:40am On Jun 08, 2016
wait o am i d only one enjoying my 10gig .......glo all the way jooor
Re: Glo Crashes The Price Of Data Bundle In Latest Offer by 3rdlegxxx(m): 8:57am On Jun 08, 2016
greenhulk:

Is glo data fast? YES it is fast (when it works). A lot of times it doesn't work. I've used it in 4 different locations in 3 different states including lagos and Abuja... Same thing. It is fast when it works no doubt about that.

If it works well in ur location good for u, but the fact is it doesn't work well in majority of locations. 80% of nairalanders CANNOT BE WRONG.

So 80% of Nairalanders use glo? bro please go stop stating stating statistics if you don't understand how they work, not even 80% of people on this thread use glo bis, english is really easy just say 'majority' now back to your answer, where i work glo is our main CUG line, yes glo isn't my favorite line, MTN is, but trust me data wise, go do your survey, a whole lot of Nigerians are on the glo train just because they offer affordable priced data with more GIG and better speed, you are more likely to ind a lot of android users sticking to glo just because of the price and speed, giving at a time, etisalat was the fastest i know of, i have used mtn, glo and etisalat and trust me etisalat stood out but what killed them was their price, glo is no where near mtn for coverage and a lot of things but trust me, a lot of people are using glo now

1 Like

Re: Glo Crashes The Price Of Data Bundle In Latest Offer by Nobody: 9:44am On Jun 08, 2016
3rdlegxxx:

So 80% of Nairalanders use glo? bro please go stop stating stating statistics if you don't understand how they work, not even 80% of people on this thread use glo bis, english is really easy just say 'majority' now back to your answer, where i work glo is our main CUG line, yes glo isn't my favorite line, MTN is, but trust me data wise, go do your survey, a whole lot of Nigerians are on the glo train just because they offer affordable priced data with more GIG and better speed, you are more likely to ind a lot of android users sticking to glo just because of the price and speed, giving at a time, etisalat was the fastest i know of, i have used mtn, glo and etisalat and trust me etisalat stood out but what killed them was their price, glo is no where near mtn for coverage and a lot of things but trust me, a lot of people are using glo now

Bros, u need to learn how to comprehend. I said 80% of nairalanders, u should use ur brain and know I meant 80% of nairalanders that use glo.. haba this is not rocket science. If someone doesn't use glo, how would he have anything to say about glo internet service. It is no secret that glo internet is the worst in Nigeria. Just do a case study, open a thread and let people start giving their experience about glo and see if over 80% won't give negative comments.

Yes glo internet is cheap.. very cheap but what they have failed to do s bring an equillibrium between quantity an quality. As it is right now what they offer is quantity and that is why more peope are stil using more expensive alternatives like etisalat and MTN. With this glo pricing, everyone should be using glo, but me I prefer quality over quantity. I don't need to fast and pray before my device can access the internet just because I am paying peanuts for the service. Government univesities are cheap, but u might end up spending 7 years for a 4 years course unlike private universities in which ur graduation date is guaranteed, though more expensive. This is the case with glo.

The pictures below says a lot about thier network, or are all those facebook users biased against them? Glo is the only network own by a Nigerian, people want to patronize our own, we want to promote our own. Trust me if glo is even a little bit as close to other networks in terms of internet people will not say bad things about them because they are ours.

5 Likes

Re: Glo Crashes The Price Of Data Bundle In Latest Offer by 3rdlegxxx(m): 11:52am On Jun 08, 2016
greenhulk:

Bros, u need to learn how to comprehend. I said 80% of nairalanders, u should use ur brain and know I meant 80% of nairalanders that use glo.. haba this is not rocket science. If someone doesn't use glo, how would he have anything to say about glo internet service. It is no secret that glo internet is the worst in Nigeria. Just do a case study, open a thread and let people start giving their experience about glo and see if over 80% won't give negative comments.

Yes glo internet is cheap.. very cheap but what they have failed to do s bring an equillibrium between quantity an quality. As it is right now what they offer is quantity and that is why more peope are stil using more expensive alternatives like etisalat and MTN. With this glo pricing, everyone should be using glo, but me I prefer quality over quantity. I don't need to fast and pray before my device can access the internet just because I am paying peanuts for the service. Government univesities are cheap, but u might end up spending 7 years for a 4 years course unlike private universities in which ur graduation date is guaranteed, though more expensive. This is the case with glo.

The pictures below says a lot about thier network, or are all those facebook users biased against them? Glo is the only network own by a Nigerian, people want to patronize our own, we want to promote our own. Trust me if glo is even a little bit as close to other networks in terms of internet people will not say bad things about them because they are ours.

Dude seriously like what school did you attend? so if you asked to give an opinion on a matter, you would expect the audience, ur teacher or lecturer to comprehend what you can't explain in simple detail, saying 80% of nairalanders means 80& of nairaland, nothing to comprehend, the way some people learn seriously baffles, simple comprehensive english, 80% of comments show that glo is the worst, that explains everything, just like saying because your area somewhere in ikeja for instant doesn't have electricity and you say 80% of Nigerians don't have electricity, undecided the problem with people like you is that, no matter what i say, you won't learn, you are part of the product our poor educational system brought forth, do me the favor and don't quote me again, yes glo service is no where near mtn, data used to be etisalat by far, my personal experience glo has been ok for data but i am well aware that might be in my area alone.

1 Like

Re: Glo Crashes The Price Of Data Bundle In Latest Offer by ireneony(f): 12:07pm On Jun 08, 2016
Wifi is better than mobile data.
Re: Glo Crashes The Price Of Data Bundle In Latest Offer by Nobody: 12:17pm On Jun 08, 2016
3rdlegxxx:

Dude seriously like what school did you attend? so if you asked to give an opinion on a matter, you would expect the audience, ur teacher or lecturer to comprehend what you can't explain in simple detail, saying 80% of nairalanders means 805 of nairaland, nothing to comprehend, the way some people learn seriously baffles, simple comprehensive english, 80% of comments show that glo is the worst, that explains everything, just like saying because your area somewhere in ikeja for instant doesn't have electricity and you say 80% of Nigerians don't have electricity, undecided the problem with people like you is that, no matter what i say, you won't learn, you are part of the product our poor educational system brought forth, do me the favor and don't quote me again, yes glo service is no where near mtn, data used to be etisalat by far, my personal experience glo has been ok for data but i am well aware that might be in my area alone.

Dude I'm sorry i can't help u. And the embolded part doesn't make sense at all, at least I went to school, tell us which ghetto u graduated from. I said 80% of nairalanders can't be wrong which is about the percentage of nairalanders that have the opinion that glo internet service has been poor. I don't know what is hard to understand in that. Seriously if u still can't comprehend go back to kindergarten. Just because glo has been good to u doesn't mean they are not the worst in this country in terms of internet service.

2 Likes

Re: Glo Crashes The Price Of Data Bundle In Latest Offer by 3rdlegxxx(m): 3:25pm On Jun 08, 2016
greenhulk:

Dude I'm sorry i can't help u. And the embolded part doesn't make sense at all, at least I went to school, tell us which ghetto u graduated from. I said 80% of nairalanders can't be wrong which is about the percentage of nairalanders that have the opinion that glo internet service has been poor. I don't know what is hard to understand in that. Seriously if u still can't comprehend go back to kindergarten. Just because glo has been good to u doesn't mean they are not the worst in this country in terms of internet service.

would u stop spewing this trash, I said 80% of nairalanders can't be wrong which is about the percentage of nairalanders that have the opinion that glo internet service has been poor. ... what you meant to say is nairalanders on this thread.. what they heck am i even arguing with this nigga... i blame myself now according to his personal survey, glo is the worst in the country in terms of internet service, intelligence really is extremely difficult to come by most times
Re: Glo Crashes The Price Of Data Bundle In Latest Offer by 3rdlegxxx(m): 3:26pm On Jun 08, 2016
ireneony:
Wifi is better than mobile data.

Everyone knows that, just that a very good wifi in most cases costs times 2, times 3 of what you pay for mobile data.
Re: Glo Crashes The Price Of Data Bundle In Latest Offer by ireneony(f): 3:30pm On Jun 08, 2016
3rdlegxxx:

Everyone knows that, just that good wifi is in most cases times 2, times 3 of what you pay for data.
wifi is fixed while mobile data isn't.
Re: Glo Crashes The Price Of Data Bundle In Latest Offer by 3rdlegxxx(m): 3:33pm On Jun 08, 2016
ireneony:
wifi is fixed while mobile data isn't.

yes it is and it is still more expensive, way too expensive but favored by most companies for sharing of data among computers....

(1) (2) (Reply)

Which Phone Has The Best Camera in Nigeria / From ₦‎7.05 Billion To ₦‎2.3 Billion: How Globacom Resolved Dispute With MTN / Apple App Store Now Available In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.