Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,291 members, 7,815,507 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:38 PM

From ₦‎7.05 Billion To ₦‎2.3 Billion: How Globacom Resolved Dispute With MTN - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / From ₦‎7.05 Billion To ₦‎2.3 Billion: How Globacom Resolved Dispute With MTN (7602 Views)

How To Link Your NIN With MTN Online (full Steps) / Airtel Overtakes Globacom To Become Nigeria’s Second Largest Network / Whatsapp Delete For Everyone Feature Extended From 7 To 64 Minutes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

From ₦‎7.05 Billion To ₦‎2.3 Billion: How Globacom Resolved Dispute With MTN by AnonPoet: 3:57am On Feb 02
The dispute between Nigerian telecoms company Globacom and South African company MTN has escalated significantly. Reports indicate that MTN accused Globacom of owing interconnect charges and other fees totaling over N7.05 billion, which included a previously paid N1.6 billion, VAT of N1.7 billion that MTN claimed to have paid on Globacom's behalf, and compounded interest amounting to N3.6 billion. Globacom, however, contested these claims, emphasizing its commitment to fulfilling its financial obligations independently and questioning the rationale behind MTN's payment of VAT on its behalf.

In response to the allegations, Globacom demonstrated its financial capability by issuing a payment guarantee of approximately N3.49 billion and providing bank cheques totaling N3.5 billion, though MTN eventually accepted a bank guarantee instead. This led to a reconciliation process facilitated by the Nigerian Communications Commission (NCC) in Lagos, where it was determined that the actual interest owed by Globacom to MTN was N2.368 billion. This amount was agreed upon as the full and final settlement, with MTN instructed to proceed with calling up the payment guarantee from First Bank.

The situation underscores the intense competition within the telecoms industry in Nigeria and raises concerns about the dynamics of power and influence among major players. Globacom has voiced criticisms over what it perceives as undue influence exerted by MTN, suggesting a broader industry issue that extends beyond national borders, as seen in MTN's operations in other countries like Ghana.

https://www.dconnectnews.com.ng/2024/02/from-705bn-to-23bn-how-globacom.html

https://www.lindaikejisblog.com/2024/1/from-a-whopping-sum-of-n705-billion-to-n23billion-how-globacom-resisted-bogus-claims-by-mtn-2.html

5 Likes

Re: From ₦‎7.05 Billion To ₦‎2.3 Billion: How Globacom Resolved Dispute With MTN by nastyesco(m): 4:34am On Feb 02
Yoruba ronu don put all of us for ironu.

This is what happens when mediocrity takes center stage. A similar is case is how Buhari now seems like a performer due to the massive flop of Tinubu.

I regret campaigning for Emilokan.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: From ₦‎7.05 Billion To ₦‎2.3 Billion: How Globacom Resolved Dispute With MTN by Yankee101: 4:35am On Feb 02
If MTN is trying to kill local industry it should be shut down in nigeria early

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: From ₦‎7.05 Billion To ₦‎2.3 Billion: How Globacom Resolved Dispute With MTN by Salewa97: 4:49am On Feb 02
nastyesco:

This is what happens when mediocrity takes center stage. A similar is case is how Buhari now seems like a performer due to the massive flop of Tinubu.

Is that what your brain picked from the news?

According to Prof. Wole Soyinka, barbarianns can’t think.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: From ₦‎7.05 Billion To ₦‎2.3 Billion: How Globacom Resolved Dispute With MTN by Omihanifa: 4:54am On Feb 02
If MTN can rip GLO then what's the fate of an ordinary customer undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: From ₦‎7.05 Billion To ₦‎2.3 Billion: How Globacom Resolved Dispute With MTN by inoki247: 4:59am On Feb 02
Lol Wu dey use Glo call MTN users sef wey derr . money go plenty like that shocked shocked shocked

Maybe na Dollar dem use peg the money before...
Re: From ₦‎7.05 Billion To ₦‎2.3 Billion: How Globacom Resolved Dispute With MTN by WhatIf: 5:40am On Feb 02
As far as I am concern, I still prefer Glo than any other Network!

5 Likes

Re: From ₦‎7.05 Billion To ₦‎2.3 Billion: How Globacom Resolved Dispute With MTN by skj1377(m): 5:48am On Feb 02
MTN was trying to cheat GLO. Unknown to them GLO on a goodday hardly pays genuine financial obligations ontime talk less of fraudulent requests . NCC tried.

5 Likes

Re: From ₦‎7.05 Billion To ₦‎2.3 Billion: How Globacom Resolved Dispute With MTN by Femisol(m): 5:52am On Feb 02
Ironu yii ti poo juuuu grin grin

In the case of Buhari “ he was a barking dog(Ekuke) that entered into an Aso rock filled with Lions and hyena grin grin
nastyesco:

2 Likes

Re: From ₦‎7.05 Billion To ₦‎2.3 Billion: How Globacom Resolved Dispute With MTN by RainMoreDFARMS(f): 6:48am On Feb 02
Me I don't understand
Re: From ₦‎7.05 Billion To ₦‎2.3 Billion: How Globacom Resolved Dispute With MTN by mytime24(f): 6:49am On Feb 02
Make them no gree for theirself
Re: From ₦‎7.05 Billion To ₦‎2.3 Billion: How Globacom Resolved Dispute With MTN by dgitrader(m): 7:31am On Feb 02
Glo! No comments
Re: From ₦‎7.05 Billion To ₦‎2.3 Billion: How Globacom Resolved Dispute With MTN by LibertyRep: 8:22am On Feb 02
Glo
Re: From ₦‎7.05 Billion To ₦‎2.3 Billion: How Globacom Resolved Dispute With MTN by Kingluqman(m): 8:56am On Feb 02
Na why my phone wan dey misbehave.. I have dem two line on my phone, so dem dey quarrel grin
Re: From ₦‎7.05 Billion To ₦‎2.3 Billion: How Globacom Resolved Dispute With MTN by nastyesco(m): 9:19am On Feb 02
Salewa97:

Is that what your brain picked from the news?

According to Prof. Wole Soyinka, barbarianns can’t think.

I would llve to go low with you but you are a pig and will win in the dirt. I will leave you where you are.
Re: From ₦‎7.05 Billion To ₦‎2.3 Billion: How Globacom Resolved Dispute With MTN by Folasho99: 9:35am On Feb 02
How did 2.3 billion become 7 billion?? That's really terrible from MTN especially in this times when we are all struggling with the naira valuation. MTN should please do better

AnonPoet:

https://www.dconnectnews.com.ng/2024/02/from-705bn-to-23bn-how-globacom.html

https://www.lindaikejisblog.com/2024/1/from-a-whopping-sum-of-n705-billion-to-n23billion-how-globacom-resisted-bogus-claims-by-mtn-2.html
Re: From ₦‎7.05 Billion To ₦‎2.3 Billion: How Globacom Resolved Dispute With MTN by Folasho99: 9:36am On Feb 02
I'm definitely with you on this!

WhatIf:
As far as I am concern, I still prefer Glo than any other Network!

1 Like

Re: From ₦‎7.05 Billion To ₦‎2.3 Billion: How Globacom Resolved Dispute With MTN by toyosilawal12: 10:17am On Feb 02
As a Nigerian, seeing Glo being targeted by MTN during such hard economic times is disheartening. We need more support, not less
Re: From ₦‎7.05 Billion To ₦‎2.3 Billion: How Globacom Resolved Dispute With MTN by mariamm234: 10:24am On Feb 02
Glo no gree for MTN and I'm loving it! Because how do you come to someone's country and try to bully them with outrageous fees
Re: From ₦‎7.05 Billion To ₦‎2.3 Billion: How Globacom Resolved Dispute With MTN by techguy781: 10:25am On Feb 02
Glo has always been the people's choice, especially in hard economic times. MTN's aggressive tactics could hurt not just Glo, but all of us.
Re: From ₦‎7.05 Billion To ₦‎2.3 Billion: How Globacom Resolved Dispute With MTN by savvyfellow92: 10:26am On Feb 02
In Nigeria's current economic state, it's sad to see a company like MTN potentially limiting more affordable options like Glo they should do better.
Re: From ₦‎7.05 Billion To ₦‎2.3 Billion: How Globacom Resolved Dispute With MTN by talkto300: 10:27am On Feb 02
Seeing MTN potentially harm Glo, a company that stands for the common Nigerian, especially in these economic times, is really worrying.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Apple App Store Now Available In Nigeria / Glo Crashes The Price Of Data Bundle In Latest Offer / How Or Where Can I Stream Live Football Matches On Iphone For Free

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.