Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,214 members, 7,829,349 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 03:55 AM

Ogoni Cleanup Is A Big Scam From Fg....grand Deceit Of Ogoni People, Niger Delta - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ogoni Cleanup Is A Big Scam From Fg....grand Deceit Of Ogoni People, Niger Delta (1063 Views)

$1 Billion Ogoni Cleanup: Senate Committee Launches Probe, Visits Wike (photos) / Yobo, Pamela Peter-Vigboro At Ogoni Cleanup Event In Rivers State / Pictures Of Ogoni Clean-up (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ogoni Cleanup Is A Big Scam From Fg....grand Deceit Of Ogoni People, Niger Delta by AraduF90(m): 10:23pm On Jun 07, 2016
By Ross Alabo-George

There are a few questions that are still pending in regards to the Ogoni cleanup that has being flagged off.

How do you flag off a project when there is no funding for the project. The FG has a counterpart funding (to the $1b cleanup fund) as JV partner to make, but has no mention of Ogoni in the 2016 budget.

Where in the World is a project flagged off without a project manager or project coordinator?

Where is the Cleanup implementation plan? What’s the scope and extent of the first phase. What methods? What are the deliverables and timelines?

What about HYPREP, the agency that is the vehicle for the cleanup? As at today, all HYPREP staff are still at home. Their salaries still unpaid for over a year.
What exactly is the president flagging off, when no contract has been awarded? While I am happy that the administration considers Rivers state safe enough to commence such a highly technical, interdisciplinary assignment that may involve hundreds of expatriate scientists, my final question is:

Why does the Rivers APC still want the election tribunal to sit out of Rivers state?

For me, even the recommendations of the UNEP report is a big fraud sponsored by Shell. In 1994, a US Federal jury in Anchorage ordered the Exxon Corporation to pay $5 billion in punitive damages to about 34,000 fishermen and other Alaskans who said they were harmed by the Exxon Valdez oil spill.

See how Ogoni politicians are celebrating and politicizing a $1billion cleanup for over 50 major spill incidents and a volume that dwarfs the Exxon Valdez spill.

In one of his books, Ken Saro-Wiwa prayed to live only because he wanted to ”re-vitalize Ogoni.. and get it’s youth to learn the ropes so they can carry on the struggle in his absence. One will wonder, where they are now.

http://www.weeklypostng.org/2016/06/ogoni-cleanup-is-big-scam-from-fggrand.html

N/B: Solely opinion of the writer

cc:lalasticlala

Re: Ogoni Cleanup Is A Big Scam From Fg....grand Deceit Of Ogoni People, Niger Delta by jovialSoul001(m): 10:27pm On Jun 07, 2016
after I go bill my client SAS go De trail me make I see any idiot wey go kan De block my way Nigeria and scam ehhh
Re: Ogoni Cleanup Is A Big Scam From Fg....grand Deceit Of Ogoni People, Niger Delta by yanshDoctor: 10:37pm On Jun 07, 2016
we all knows that the cleanup is nothing but politicking. even buhari knows this very well. that's why he didn't attend. there is no political will for the cleanup excesses it's all jamboree to buy sympathy from Niger Delta. now they want to negotiate with countless of promises they have made including during election they haven't fulfill anyone. believe this government at your own risk.
Re: Ogoni Cleanup Is A Big Scam From Fg....grand Deceit Of Ogoni People, Niger Delta by AraduF90(m): 11:23pm On Jun 07, 2016
yanshDoctor:
we all knows that the cleanup is nothing but politicking. even buhari knows this very well. that's why he didn't attend. there is no political will for the cleanup excesses it's all jamboree to buy sympathy from Niger Delta. now they want to negotiate with countless of promises they have made including during election they haven't fulfill anyone. believe this government at your own risk.
it baffles me bro
Re: Ogoni Cleanup Is A Big Scam From Fg....grand Deceit Of Ogoni People, Niger Delta by snipesdam(m): 8:28am On Jun 08, 2016
Ogoni People you have been scammed grin grin grin grin grin

No budget for proposed clean up.

No awarded contract or contract on site for kick off.

Personally i was expecting to see how a portion of land will be cleaned so we see how they do it.

Chai OGONI people receive sense angry angry angry angry angry

(1) (Reply)

Video Lagos Police Commissioner Flares Up When Asked To Address Police Extortion / What Fulani CPC Is Doing To Yoruba ACN In APC(PIC)- Ena Ofugara / Pics:kebbi State Procures Agricultural Equipment For Massive Rice Processing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.