Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,763 members, 7,820,667 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:05 PM

My Awful Experience With The Federal Civil Service Commission - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / My Awful Experience With The Federal Civil Service Commission (17466 Views)

Federal Civil Service Recruitment Application 2017/2018 / Federal Civil Service Commission (FCSC) Interview, What To Expect / 2016 Police Service Commission Recruitment .. Apply here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Awful Experience With The Federal Civil Service Commission by virtousB: 11:28pm On Jun 07, 2016
Sorry for the long epistle in advance, but I have to write this, who knows? I might get help..
I finished my youth service July 2015. At the time I finished, I didn't know anything about registering with the civil service commission to get a file number to aid employment with the Federal government but somehow, I later got to know towards end of last year, that was around November or so.
So, I went to the federal civil service commission at abuja and was directed to my state office (Ondo), on getting there, they asked to see my original credentials and I showed them all, after that they gave me a list to write my name, course of study and phone number. After that, I now asked them what is next? They said that was all.. I then told them that was not the orientation I got before coming. People that have done it in the past told me i'll be given a form to fill after which a file will be opened for me and I'll be given a file number. Immediately, they countered me, they said they no longer do such. That they've stopped the manual process that I should check their website and register there. So, I went home that day, hoping to register at their site when I get home. On getting home, I realised there was nothing like that on their site, it was more like they just deceived me. I was really pained cos I didnt have a job, had to collect tfare from my parents to go there. That one passed, some months later, my friends from other states said they registered successfully and were given file numbers, I was angry.. I decided to go back there and on getting there, I realised it's the same thing they're still doing, so I met a woman in another state and explained myself to her, she told me to submit my credentials with her that she would help me, that was early April o. I've been calling her since then to follow up, she's been telling me stories. Now, she has stopped picking her calls. Please I need help, I really need this file number cos I wish to work with the federal government and I heard its a requirement, pls what can I do? Why has our country deteriorate this much, that you need to know someone to do the simplest things. Sincerely am fed up cos am sure some other people from same state as mine that know people would have gotten their numbers by now

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Awful Experience With The Federal Civil Service Commission by Nobody: 11:54pm On Jun 07, 2016
Ok. Let me finish my garri and groundnut first. I'll be back to advice you..
Civil fire!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Awful Experience With The Federal Civil Service Commission by davepepple83(m): 12:22am On Jun 08, 2016
My dear,there is nothing God cannot do.The truth could be very bitter but it has to be told.The truth is that you cannot get such jobs without knowing anyone and your friends may not tell you the truth.I am sure they got there numbers through their connections

5 Likes

Re: My Awful Experience With The Federal Civil Service Commission by zizirecords(m): 7:27am On Jun 08, 2016
My brother, let me advise you.

Stop fighting for government jobs... That's the lazy route to take.

Learn some skills and think of what you can do for yourself. Or start volunteering with a small local NGO and then build enough capacity to work in larger ones. Or go to YouTube and choose a particular thing to learn and watch as many videos as you can.

The possibilities are endless.

Good luck.

49 Likes 4 Shares

Re: My Awful Experience With The Federal Civil Service Commission by Raypawer(m): 7:28am On Jun 08, 2016
Na so
Re: My Awful Experience With The Federal Civil Service Commission by englishmart(m): 7:28am On Jun 08, 2016
if only this shisha was cocaine flavoured.

3 Likes

Re: My Awful Experience With The Federal Civil Service Commission by reverendfather: 7:28am On Jun 08, 2016
tomorrowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

1 Like

Re: My Awful Experience With The Federal Civil Service Commission by inkyeinto: 7:29am On Jun 08, 2016
Ok
Re: My Awful Experience With The Federal Civil Service Commission by Nobody: 7:29am On Jun 08, 2016
I want to ask op a question.Did you vote APC ?

2 Likes

Re: My Awful Experience With The Federal Civil Service Commission by Nobody: 7:30am On Jun 08, 2016
@op, must u work for the federal government? if everybody is like u, how will this nation survive? u want the whole of the Nigerian budget to be used for paying salaries?

my friend look else where or start something for ureslf, or better still, start tomato export business, and stop blaming government or anybody for anything.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Awful Experience With The Federal Civil Service Commission by keypad1: 7:30am On Jun 08, 2016
Na God go punish all these people for all this federal government parastatal.

We go make am without their help.

Nigerian......fantastically religious both muslims and christians...........fantastically corrupt people.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Awful Experience With The Federal Civil Service Commission by allenuzoma(m): 7:30am On Jun 08, 2016
RIP STEPHEN KESHI....ALWAYS LOVED HIM! NEVER CRITICIZED HIM! THE MEMORIES!

4 Likes

Re: My Awful Experience With The Federal Civil Service Commission by livinstone8(m): 7:30am On Jun 08, 2016
Nigerian offices just love to see you spending ur Transport fare

4 Likes

Re: My Awful Experience With The Federal Civil Service Commission by reverendfather: 7:31am On Jun 08, 2016
asokoromadam:
I want to ask op a question.Did you vote APC ?
and what as that got to do with any of these?

2 Likes

Re: My Awful Experience With The Federal Civil Service Commission by chikel2000(m): 7:31am On Jun 08, 2016
Hmm never heard such thing in my life
Re: My Awful Experience With The Federal Civil Service Commission by d33types: 7:32am On Jun 08, 2016
is that the awful experience? do you know how many persons have done the same as you? or you think you are more special than the other millions of unemployed graduates seeking federal employment?

my friend park well..the government is bad for everybody.you arent smart,else you'd have progressed more than opening a file..
by being smart,I don't mean bribery.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Awful Experience With The Federal Civil Service Commission by Jobsdome: 7:34am On Jun 08, 2016
Hmm
Re: My Awful Experience With The Federal Civil Service Commission by IamPatriotic(m): 7:37am On Jun 08, 2016
The stress one goes through at the FCSC is not commesurable to the peanut civil servants are paid, guy forget government jobs and use your brain for better things...

1 Like

Re: My Awful Experience With The Federal Civil Service Commission by vicben27(m): 7:41am On Jun 08, 2016
Went tru d same process last month dy did nt open any file for me too but i got a number dy said i'll use for d online registrstn d funy thing is dat der is nothing lik dat on der Site. Well i dont giv a crap wen derz life derz hope.

1 Like

Re: My Awful Experience With The Federal Civil Service Commission by Nobody: 7:41am On Jun 08, 2016
d33types:
is that the awful experience? do you know how many persons have done the same as you? or you think you are more special than the other millions of unemployed graduates seeking federal employment?

my friend park well..the government is bad for everybody.you arent smart,else you'd have progressed more than opening a file..
by being smart,I don't mean bribery.
this op's knowledge seems to be convergent.
Re: My Awful Experience With The Federal Civil Service Commission by emmabest2000(m): 7:43am On Jun 08, 2016
Nwokem ... Ana agba aka efo nwata eze
Re: My Awful Experience With The Federal Civil Service Commission by Goodeeman: 7:43am On Jun 08, 2016
Sincerely speaking that is the new procedure except u want to give your money to those charlatans that hanged around the commission by giving u a fake file number after paying some amount of money. The same thing is applicable to my state office (Enugu).

1 Like

Re: My Awful Experience With The Federal Civil Service Commission by SamAbims(m): 7:52am On Jun 08, 2016
That the new Nigeria for you! Frustration induced by frustrated people everywhere.

I don't even know there is a process like this to apply for any Federal Govt. job

But Op don't wait on govt. job alone, apply to private organizations too. Goodluck!!!

1 Like

Re: My Awful Experience With The Federal Civil Service Commission by umar745(m): 7:54am On Jun 08, 2016
This forum is now overflowing with idiots. If you can't help or give him advice why comment at all?

Anyways OP go there and try to initiate the whole process again maybe they would have changed their ways, else pick another state, I think its 3-4 state per office so you'll have to pick a state quite far from the present state you are using.

4 Likes

Re: My Awful Experience With The Federal Civil Service Commission by Francis95(m): 7:55am On Jun 08, 2016
this is ZOO for you..

1 Like

Re: My Awful Experience With The Federal Civil Service Commission by dridowu: 8:03am On Jun 08, 2016
Welcome to Nigeria where the only thing that change is party but the process remain the same thing
Re: My Awful Experience With The Federal Civil Service Commission by Mekky2010: 8:05am On Jun 08, 2016
Goodeeman:
Sincerely speaking that is the new procedure except u want to give your money to those charlatans that hanged around the commission by giving u a fake file number after paying some amount of money. The same thing is applicable to my state office (Enugu).

I don't know if it's a new procedure, they know there is no job for you anyway, why waste time opening bogus files.

You are right about Enugu, and I can assure u that those guys do not even open that register to see what u wrote not to mention calling you.

Some states will open file and get copies of ur credentials.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Awful Experience With The Federal Civil Service Commission by armadeo(m): 8:11am On Jun 08, 2016
Naija
Re: My Awful Experience With The Federal Civil Service Commission by engrhorla(m): 8:12am On Jun 08, 2016
Guy, you are funny o!

You are almost reduced to tears all because of federal queue queue job! Kai

Di d you take a good look at the Ondo state office well?

Did you see files stacked from floor to ceiling?

Did you see how dusty those files are?

Did you know Ondo& Ekiti share a commissioner?

Or they have cleaned and cleared those files ni?

I got d fcsc file in 2012, I have never been contacted! I don't even put my mind to it!

If you love yourself, you will look for Better organisation to apply to

Wait kwanu! How much salary do you think you will be placed if employed self?

6 Likes

Re: My Awful Experience With The Federal Civil Service Commission by opeyemi361: 8:14am On Jun 08, 2016
That's the new process OP, for Ondo state, you will register at Federal Civil Service Commission and they expect you to fill it online. But to be honest, the process is "Man know Man"

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

FG Adds 9,400 Beneficiaries To N-power Scheme / Should I Resign From My Job? / Various Vacancies At Society For Family Health (SFH) – (14 Positions)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.