Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,825 members, 7,813,719 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:56 PM

What Is The Difference Between A Rottweiler And A Doberman Dog? - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / What Is The Difference Between A Rottweiler And A Doberman Dog? (2509 Views)

German Shepherd, Rottweiler And Boerboel Which Is Better Attack Dog? / Feeding Bully Max To A Rottweiler / My GSD Fought A Rottweiler Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is The Difference Between A Rottweiler And A Doberman Dog? by ajilegend(m): 6:12pm On Jun 08, 2016
Please house, I have a young puppy and the seller claimed it is a Doberman dog while my vet says its a Rottweiler dog. Am at a loss as who to believe because the features they both claim are peculiar to both breed of dogs. So what particular feature is peculiar to Doberman and Rottweiler? Pls help out

Re: What Is The Difference Between A Rottweiler And A Doberman Dog? by oluwabond(m): 6:42pm On Jun 08, 2016
upload the pics of the puppy
Re: What Is The Difference Between A Rottweiler And A Doberman Dog? by shakurkings(m): 8:33am On Jun 09, 2016
Seconded
oluwabond:

Re: What Is The Difference Between A Rottweiler And A Doberman Dog? by ajilegend(m): 9:01am On Jun 09, 2016
oluwabond:
Pictures added
Re: What Is The Difference Between A Rottweiler And A Doberman Dog? by ajilegend(m): 9:03am On Jun 09, 2016
shakurkings:
Seconded

Re: What Is The Difference Between A Rottweiler And A Doberman Dog? by EddyNumerouno(m): 9:42am On Jun 09, 2016
Its a dobbie, plue get a puppy collar, that's highly inapporiate for a pup it's size
Re: What Is The Difference Between A Rottweiler And A Doberman Dog? by miremoses(m): 10:09am On Jun 09, 2016
EddyNumerouno:
Its a dobbie, plue get a puppy collar, that's highly inapporiate for a pup it's size
really!! and can you please tell us why u think its a dober
Re: What Is The Difference Between A Rottweiler And A Doberman Dog? by Nobody: 12:14pm On Jun 09, 2016
The paws are not fat like that of a rott
Re: What Is The Difference Between A Rottweiler And A Doberman Dog? by EddyNumerouno(m): 12:50pm On Jun 09, 2016
miremoses:
really!! and can you please tell us why u think its a dober

Its looks like my late dobbie 'foxy'. The slender build and head size.
A's this is still a pup with under developed features, only the breeder can give a 100% answer, but my money will be on dobbie.
Re: What Is The Difference Between A Rottweiler And A Doberman Dog? by shakurkings(m): 1:08pm On Jun 09, 2016
looks like a rottweiler to me. look at it's ears

1 Like

Re: What Is The Difference Between A Rottweiler And A Doberman Dog? by ajilegend(m): 1:32pm On Jun 09, 2016
EddyNumerouno:

Its looks like my late dobbie 'foxy'. The slender build and head size.
A's this is still a pup with under developed features, only the breeder can give a 100% answer, but my money will be on dobbie.

Okay. Thanks for the explanation
Re: What Is The Difference Between A Rottweiler And A Doberman Dog? by Baroba(m): 3:27pm On Jun 09, 2016
How much you buy am?
Re: What Is The Difference Between A Rottweiler And A Doberman Dog? by ajilegend(m): 3:53pm On Jun 09, 2016
Baroba:
How much you buy am?
Re: What Is The Difference Between A Rottweiler And A Doberman Dog? by olisafincy(m): 4:06pm On Jun 09, 2016
ajilegend:

keep the dog bro you won't regret it, though it's a doberman from my observations.
it's a nice one bro, you will love it. Thank me later.
Re: What Is The Difference Between A Rottweiler And A Doberman Dog? by ajilegend(m): 5:39pm On Jun 09, 2016
olisafincy:

keep the dog bro you won't regret it, though it's a doberman from my observations.
it's a nice one bro, you will love it. Thank me later.
Thanks very much. Its actually my first dog and am still afraid of it. So don't want to compound my problem by having a Rottweiler as opined by my vet
Re: What Is The Difference Between A Rottweiler And A Doberman Dog? by osomegbe(m): 11:29pm On Jun 09, 2016
It's a dobberman for sure. I have both a dobberman and a rottweiler and I can tell you it's a dobberman.
Only cropped ears stands erect contrary to most people's views.
Re: What Is The Difference Between A Rottweiler And A Doberman Dog? by Nobody: 7:20am On Jun 12, 2016
Ur vet is right. It's a Rottweiler. Dobermans have shorter erect ears & a long face. Their most defining xter is their ears. Rottweilers have a wider cute face & folded ears. As it grows older, it will get bigger (rounder) & d ears will still be folded. Dobermans won't get fat. Just longer, slimmer and stealth looking.

(1) (Reply)

What Is This Type Of Disease That Want To Kill My Poultry Bird Please?(picture) / I Need A Local Male Dog In Ikorodu / Proven Rottweiler Stud Available

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.