Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,465 members, 7,826,770 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 08:03 PM

Let Me Agree With You, This Is About The Current Situation Of Nigeria. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Let Me Agree With You, This Is About The Current Situation Of Nigeria. (1859 Views)

Poll On Twitter Between GEJ And Buhari Regarding The Current Issues In Nigeria / The 2019 Presidential Elections And The Current Noipolls / Do You Agree With This Lawmaker Who Is Against The Exportation Of Yams? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Let Me Agree With You, This Is About The Current Situation Of Nigeria. by bashydemy(m): 9:47pm On Jun 08, 2016
A friend of mine post this on his Facebook and I find so interesting and decide to share it on Nairaland after taking permission from him....

He is a Nairaland member with the moniker....Delneffable

Enjoy...

Let me agree with you

Let me agree that the government is clueless and heartless as they have become deaf to the agony of the masses. Let me agree that they are not doing anything other than attack people under the guise of fighting corruption.

But for a minute, can we just reason along this path?

The path where I wonder what my dear Niger-Delta Avengers brothers are fighting for? Is it to protest the environmental neglect of the oil lands? Or welfare of the people that live around there? Was it not a man from their region that just handed over to this man? Did he or Did he not take care of these issues? If he didn’t, why were you quiet when he ruled for six years? If he did, are you saying the issues are back again in less than a year because you have been wreaking havoc before the new dispensation marked a year. Your man from Otueke didn’t do anything to your land and you were mute now you’re out doing something very senseless. Are you not living in this country? If you’re not affected by the hardship you’re causing, your relative somewhere or that in-law of yours is feeling it so the joke is on you. Your actions is not as laughable as the fact you have an active twitter account and you tweet every action! Well-done Twitter!!!

I have not said that there is no cause to fight for, I am just confused that there was a long break in fighting for a “worthy” cause. Now you have blown up oil wells knowing the by-product account for more than 60% of the nation’s source of energy and source of foreign exchange. Is this a plan to cripple the nation’s economy? If that’s it, smart move, but you’re not a country and there was agriculture before oil was discovered.

Or can we reason along the path where I wonder what the people of Biafra are really doing right now. I was not born before the civil war, neither was I alive during that trying time in our nation’s history. But history, as it was told left a bitter taste as what transpired left little to be desired. But it has been decades after that so what is really happening? The father of Biafra Late Odumegwu Ojukwu believed in this cause but in my opinion, he must have had a change of heart when he took seat at the senate in my opinion for he was on that seat for more than one tenure if I am not mistaken, so what are you fighting for? If this cause truly means much to you why still produce candidates for House of Representatives and Senate? Is the house a divided one? Why not have a united front instead?

I have not said that the nation of Biafra should not establish itself wherever they want to be, I am just confused that there seem to be an aberration of notion and intentions stemming from the commercial experts of the nation.

Maybe we should reason along the path where I wonder who are seated in the senate and what we do about it as masses. Be it APC, PDP, APGA, KOWA, PPA, NCP, RIP, RSVP for all I care. The show of inefficiency is worthy of a sarcastic applause really. Let us use the Senate President as an example. Our dear Dr. Saraki received the budget on a Friday and took photo sessions with the President and the Vice. The budget went missing the following week. What did we do as masses? We went on social media to create very hilarious memes and jokes on that all important issue. Should we not have requested for his resignation resoundingly? Then the budget came back and alas! Every ministry disclaimed and disowned the content as it had been “padded”. What did we do as a nation? We blamed Buhari for this. Should we not have requested for the Senate Leader’s resignation resoundingly? Then the budget was rectified but it took months before it was ratified by the house knowing fully well that the nation can only run if the budget is approved and even the eventual submission and approval witnessed a lot of back and forth. What did we do as a nation? We blamed Buhari for this. Should we not have requested for the Senate Leader’s resignation resoundingly? Let us not forget that he has a pending case at CCT and he has not resigned and we have not asked for his resignation either as it has been labelled a “witch hunt” but is the report of Panama papers a witch hunt as well? Was he not indicted in the reports? What did we do as a nation? We turned a blind eye. Should we not have requested for the Senate Leader’s resignation resoundingly?

I am not saying that we do not have enough to contend with already. I am just confused that when we raise our voice against bad governance, we seem to leave the senate out of this. Is this an honest omission or we are just ignoring the senate? The president is only as powerful as what the Senate allows. And it seems the senate is only trying to undermine the chances of a better Nigeria.

So let’s reason along these paths while I agree with you that you’re right about the government. Someday I will exercise my rights and protest, yes I will carry a placard and protest against the NDA that has seen its “cause” as a tool to disrupt any government they just do not like. Against everything that I feel obliterates good governance. I might be wrong, my views might be myopic, or even deprived of adequate information but I am just that one saddled with the task of passing the camel through the eye hole of the needle.

Written by......Delneffable

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Let Me Agree With You, This Is About The Current Situation Of Nigeria. by faaiz4ever(m): 10:00pm On Jun 08, 2016
Great
Re: Let Me Agree With You, This Is About The Current Situation Of Nigeria. by bashydemy(m): 10:23pm On Jun 08, 2016
This need to be pushed to front page. Abi make I add snake join? grin wink smiley

1 Like

Re: Let Me Agree With You, This Is About The Current Situation Of Nigeria. by Nobody: 11:04pm On Jun 08, 2016
All those above me lack knowledge to comprehend an empty essay or they are Bubu sympathizers.
The OP should know that any person sitting on that exalted throne, Senate or president are untouchable by your forefathers constitution and goverment structure.
That is why Youths of today need to understand the need for true federalism so that in this case we can take placecards and storm our state Secretariat.
Re: Let Me Agree With You, This Is About The Current Situation Of Nigeria. by Abeymills(m): 12:20am On Jun 09, 2016
Sharrapppp there fool!

Re: Let Me Agree With You, This Is About The Current Situation Of Nigeria. by DaBullIT(m): 5:11am On Jun 09, 2016
When you ask some people the meaning of federalism, true federalism , despite claiming graduates, they can't tell you what they means because all they do is copy and paste , they hear big grammar and keep it in mind so when they sense it's time to use big grammar , they drop big big oyinbo

You ask people why are you protesting , most will say i don't know , we want biafra , etc but you ask them about the Biafran war , why or how it started , they don't know , they just want to do follow follow

But #It'sNotmyBusiness

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Let Me Agree With You, This Is About The Current Situation Of Nigeria. by cckris: 5:24am On Jun 09, 2016
DaBullIT:
When you ask some people the meaning of federalism, true federalism , despite claiming graduates, they can't tell you what they means because all they do is copy and paste , they hear big grammar and keep it in mind so when they sense it's time to use big grammar , they drop big big oyinbo

You ask people why are you protesting , most will say i don't know , we want biafra , etc but you ask them about the Biafran war , why or how it started , they don't know , they just want to do follow follow

But #It'sNotmyBusiness
True Federalism is when Fulani nomads MASSACRE hundreds of villagers from state to state, as Buhari plans to use Federal Might to seize peoples' ANCESTRAL lands in all 774 LGAs, through a dubious National Grazing Land Commission, & use Federal Might to donate such lands to his nomadic Fulani jihadists.

1 Like

Re: Let Me Agree With You, This Is About The Current Situation Of Nigeria. by DeIneffable(m): 6:28am On Jun 09, 2016
ugohemma:
All those above me lack knowledge to comprehend an empty essay or they are Bubu sympathizers.
The OP should know that any person sitting on that exalted throne, Senate or president are untouchable by your forefathers constitution and goverment structure.
That is why Youths of today need to understand the need for true federalism so that in this case we can take placecards and storm our state Secretariat.

the statement I highlighted there is where we get it wrong, have you read the constitution before? do you know that we as masses can even rescind a law passed by either house? be it Senate or House of Reps? No one is untouchable, reason I posted this on facebook is to let people stop the blind fight and protest, know where exactly to channel your anger. Do not read this selectively like an average Nigerian, look at every point made. Why are the Niger Delta Avengers back all of a sudden after 6 years hiatus? why has no human rights activist come out and ask for a restructure at the senate Level? just think about these whole series of drama in many ways and we can all agree that our rage is deserving but we are fighting the wrong enemy.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Let Me Agree With You, This Is About The Current Situation Of Nigeria. by DeIneffable(m): 6:31am On Jun 09, 2016
bashydemy:
A friend of mine post this on his Facebook and I find so interesting and decide to share it on Nairaland after taking permission from him....
He is a Nairaland member with the moniker....Delneffable
Enjoy...
Let me agree with you
Let me agree that the government is clueless and heartless as they have become deaf to the agony of the masses. Let me agree that they are not doing anything other than attack people under the guise of fighting corruption.
But for a minute, can we just reason along this path?
The path where I wonder what my dear Niger-Delta Avengers brothers are fighting for? Is it to protest the environmental neglect of the oil lands? Or welfare of the people that live around there? Was it not a man from their region that just handed over to this man? Did he or Did he not take care of these issues? If he didn’t, why were you quiet when he ruled for six years? If he did, are you saying the issues are back again in less than a year because you have been wreaking havoc before the new dispensation marked a year. Your man from Otueke didn’t do anything to your land and you were mute now you’re out doing something very senseless. Are you not living in this country? If you’re not affected by the hardship you’re causing, your relative somewhere or that in-law of yours is feeling it so the joke is on you. Your actions is not as laughable as the fact you have an active twitter account and you tweet every action! Well-done Twitter!!!
I have not said that there is no cause to fight for, I am just confused that there was a long break in fighting for a “worthy” cause. Now you have blown up oil wells knowing the by-product account for more than 60% of the nation’s source of energy and source of foreign exchange. Is this a plan to cripple the nation’s economy? If that’s it, smart move, but you’re not a country and there was agriculture before oil was discovered.
Or can we reason along the path where I wonder what the people of Biafra are really doing right now. I was not born before the civil war, neither was I alive during that trying time in our nation’s history. But history, as it was told left a bitter taste as what transpired left little to be desired. But it has been decades after that so what is really happening? The father of Biafra Late Odumegwu Ojukwu believed in this cause but in my opinion, he must have had a change of heart when he took seat at the senate in my opinion for he was on that seat for more than one tenure if I am not mistaken, so what are you fighting for? If this cause truly means much to you why still produce candidates for House of Representatives and Senate? Is the house a divided one? Why not have a united front instead?
I have not said that the nation of Biafra should not establish itself wherever they want to be, I am just confused that there seem to be an aberration of notion and intentions stemming from the commercial experts of the nation.
Maybe we should reason along the path where I wonder who are seated in the senate and what we do about it as masses. Be it APC, PDP, APGA, KOWA, PPA, NCP, RIP, RSVP for all I care. The show of inefficiency is worthy of a sarcastic applause really. Let us use the Senate President as an example. Our dear Dr. Saraki received the budget on a Friday and took photo sessions with the President and the Vice. The budget went missing the following week. What did we do as masses? We went on social media to create very hilarious memes and jokes on that all important issue. Should we not have requested for his resignation resoundingly? Then the budget came back and alas! Every ministry disclaimed and disowned the content as it had been “padded”. What did we do as a nation? We blamed Buhari for this. Should we not have requested for the Senate Leader’s resignation resoundingly? Then the budget was rectified but it took months before it was ratified by the house knowing fully well that the nation can only run if the budget is approved and even the eventual submission and approval witnessed a lot of back and forth. What did we do as a nation? We blamed Buhari for this. Should we not have requested for the Senate Leader’s resignation resoundingly? Let us not forget that he has a pending case at CCT and he has not resigned and we have not asked for his resignation either as it has been labelled a “witch hunt” but is the report of Panama papers a witch hunt as well? Was he not indicted in the reports? What did we do as a nation? We turned a blind eye. Should we not have requested for the Senate Leader’s resignation resoundingly?
I am not saying that we do not have enough to contend with already. I am just confused that when we raise our voice against bad governance, we seem to leave the senate out of this. Is this an honest omission or we are just ignoring the senate? The president is only as powerful as what the Senate allows. And it seems the senate is only trying to undermine the chances of a better Nigeria.
So let’s reason along these paths while I agree with you that you’re right about the government. Someday I will exercise my rights and protest, yes I will carry a placard and protest against the NDA that has seen its “cause” as a tool to disrupt any government they just do not like. Against everything that I feel obliterates good governance. I might be wrong, my views might be myopic, or even deprived of adequate information but I am just that one saddled with the task of passing the camel through the eye hole of the needle.
Written by......Delneffable

Thank you Bashydemy
Re: Let Me Agree With You, This Is About The Current Situation Of Nigeria. by attackgat: 7:40am On Jun 09, 2016
The write up is an ignorant one. Taking the resumed militancy in the Niger-Delta. Why was it high during the regime of Obasunjo only to calm down during the Yaradua/GEJ era and resume again during Buhari's tenure? What is it that Obasunjo and Buhari have in common? I always knew that it would be a disaster to elect a former Military leader as president of Nigeria. They just can't reason as civilians. Yaradua initiated the amnesty program, gave the restive youths part of the oil money that accrued from their lands. GEJ followed the route. But Buhari being the dictator he is came in and said he will "crush" them. What did people expect will happen? The youths will fold their arms while Nigeria takes their resources and everyone will be singing the tune of 'one Nigeria'? The Niger-Delta militancy is a direct result of Buhari's very bad leadership qualities.

Then we come to Biafra. The issue of Biafra blew up as a result of the arrest of Nnamdi Kanu. What did Kanu do? He operates a London based radio station where he expresses his constitutional right to freedom of expression and is seeking the freedom of his people which enshrined in UN charter on sovereignty? Buhari being the very bad leader he is who does not tolerate dissent had him clamped in jail, denied him bail on 3 occasions and went on national TV to support the desecration of the constitution through bail denial. To make matters worse, when IPOB protested, the Nigerian security forces gunned them down and Buhari again went on Aljazeera to support the killings. Buhari thinks that all problems are solved by using force of arms and that is why we have the problems we have today. Buhari is just a disaster of a leader and his tenure is likely to be filled with unrest, militancy, economic stagnation and suffering

3 Likes

Re: Let Me Agree With You, This Is About The Current Situation Of Nigeria. by bashydemy(m): 7:44am On Jun 09, 2016
cckris:

True Federalism is when Fulani nomads MASSACRE hundreds of villagers from state to state, as Buhari plans to use Federal Might to seize peoples' ANCESTRAL lands in all 774 LGAs, through a dubious National Grazing Land Commission, & use Federal Might to donate such lands to his nomadic Fulani jihadists.

I just wonder how some people think, we African are so backward that we hardly think straight. Do you know how the issue of grazi come up? Nigeria belong to all of us no what tribe you come from, though I blame the fulani's for how they run into some people farm and started feeding their cows and I believe that lead to so many riots between Fulani and some other tribes and that's why the Federal govt brought the ideal of grazing so as for them to feed the cows instead of entering another man's farm.

1 Like

Re: Let Me Agree With You, This Is About The Current Situation Of Nigeria. by bashydemy(m): 8:06am On Jun 09, 2016
attackgat:
The write up is an ignorant one. Taking the resumed militancy in the Niger-Delta. Why was it high during the regime of Obasunjo only to calm down during the Yaradua/GEJ era and resume again during Buhari's tenure? What is it that Obasunjo and Buhari have in common? I always knew that it would be a disaster to elect a former Military leader as president of Nigeria. They just can't reason as civilians. Yaradua initiated the amnesty program, gave the restive youths part of the oil money that accrued from their lands. GEJ followed the route. But Buhari being the dictator he is came in and said he will "crush" them. What did people expect will happen? The youths will fold their arms while Nigeria takes their resources and everyone will be singing the tune of 'one Nigeria'? The Niger-Delta militancy is a direct result of Buhari's very bad leadership qualities.

Then we come to Biafra. The issue of Biafra blew up as a result of the arrest of Nnamdi Kanu. What did Kanu do? He operates a London based radio station where he expresses his constitutional right to freedom of expression and is seeking the freedom of his people which enshrined in UN charter on sovereignty? Buhari being the very bad leader he is who does not tolerate dissent had him clamped in jail, denied him bail on 3 occasions and went on national TV to support the desecration of the constitution through bail denial. To make matters worse, when IPOB protested, the Nigerian security forces gunned them down and Buhari again went on Aljazeera to support the killings. Buhari thinks that all problems are solved by using force of arms and that is why we have the problems we have today. Buhari is just a disaster of a leader and his tenure is likely to be filled with unrest, militancy, economic stagnation and suffering
I disagree with you on so many point you raise up there, From the issue of NDA, what are they fighting for? Do you know what they are fighting for? When are we going to reason like a normal human in this country and Africa. In a sane country militants are enemies of the nation and you don't bargain with them cos they will still corm asking for more. Good Yaradua/GEJ give them amnesty and money in tunes of billion what did they do with the money? Government Tompolo become a billionaire overnight and what did they do to benefit the lives of their people? Asari Dokubo also become a billionaire through the same amnesty but what did he do to his land and people? Did they benefited anything from him? No instead he took all the money to invest in a foreign land, he build schools, football academy, university etc in Cotonou Republic of Benin why can he build those in his state and the people will benefit so much through employment and some people will have access to education.

About the issue of Kanu, did you see the video where he ask the igbos to donate money to buy guns and ammunition to fight Nigeria? Did you know the meaning of what he is doing? They call that rebel. And if you happen to be a president of a nation you will allow a rebel leader to walk free? Maybe you need to go read more about rebel and the punishment for them. Kanu is citizen of the United Kingdom and did UK do anything about his detention? Did his wife ever visit him since he has been in prison? If the court pass death sentence on Kanu tomorrow no world leader will blink an eye cos they know the gravity of his offense. Again about 70% of igbos if not more have put Biafra behind them and move on with their lives if not why are they contesting for a post in Nigeria, we have Igbo Senator, House of reps member, they are in the PMB cabinet etc why are they voting? If you don't want to be part of something they you don't support them in doing and they will take you more serious. Let just be frank with ourselves so many people mostly PDP want the Govt of PMB to fail and they are trying to do anything to achieve that. And also did you also read about what the Niger Delta Governors bargain with federal government so as to enable the NDA cease fire? They want all the corruption cases of there people to be dropped why?

Please think.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Let Me Agree With You, This Is About The Current Situation Of Nigeria. by attackgat: 8:44am On Jun 09, 2016
bashydemy:
I disagree with you on so many point you raise up there, From the issue of NDA, what are they fighting for? Do you know what they are fighting for? When are we going to reason like a normal human in this country and Africa. In a sane country militants are enemies of the nation and you don't bargain with them cos they will still corm asking for more. Good Yaradua/GEJ give them amnesty and money in tunes of billion what did they do with the money? Government Tompolo become a billionaire overnight and what did they do to benefit the lives of their people? Asari Dokubo also become a billionaire through the same amnesty but what did he do to his land and people? Did they benefited anything from him? No instead he took all the money to invest in a foreign land, he build schools, football academy, university etc in Cotonou Republic of Benin why can he build those in his state and the people will benefit so much through employment and some people will have access to education.

About the issue of Kanu, did you see the video where he ask the igbos to donate money to buy guns and ammunition to fight Nigeria? Did you know the meaning of what he is doing? They call that rebel. And if you happen to be a president of a nation you will allow a rebel leader to walk free? Maybe you need to go read more about rebel and the punishment for them. Kanu is citizen of the United Kingdom and did UK do anything about his detention? Did his wife ever visit him since he has been in prison? If the court pass death sentence on Kanu tomorrow no world leader will blink an eye cos they know the gravity of his offense. Again about 70% of igbos if not more have put Biafra behind them and move on with their lives if not why are they contesting for a post in Nigeria, we have Igbo Senator, House of reps member, they are in the PMB cabinet etc why are they voting? If you don't want to be part of something they you don't support them in doing and they will take you more serious. Let just be frank with ourselves so many people mostly PDP want the Govt of PMB to fail and they are trying to do anything to achieve that. And also did you also read about what the Niger Delta Governors bargain with federal government so as to enable the NDA cease fire? They want all the corruption cases of there people to be dropped why?

Please think.

Your problem is that you don't seem to realise that we are not in the dark ages any more. This 21st century. It is the age of self determination and awareness. It is not your business what people in the Niger-Delta do with their resources. It is not for you to question what they have done with their Oil money. It is their land and Oil, it was their land and Oil long before Lugard came to create Nigeria. And you are asking what they are fighting for when their resources have been stolen in the name of 'one Nigeria'? You cant go to another man's house, take what belongs to them and when they protest, you ask 'what are they fighting for?'. That's an insult.

As for Nnamdi Kanu, he is right in what is he doing. A person has a right to fight for their freedom. Even Mandela requested for guns to fight white minority rule in his own homeland and was jailed for it. Remember, the Nigeria you are talking about is just the artificial creation of the White man and an instrument of bondage.Igbos did not become part of Nigeria willingly, infact we fought the British not to be part of Nigeria. We later again fought Nigeria not to be part of Nigeria. In 2014, the same Britain that created Nigeria granted Scotland a referendum. Britain did not say "we must be one Britain!" Or call the Scots rebels. So as long as Nigeria refuses to listen to the request of the indigenous people of the land such as Igbos who were forced into the British contraption called Nigeria against their will to granted their freedom, you always have people like Kanu requesting for guns to fight for freedom. The time has come for everyone to decide who they are through a referendum.

3 Likes

Re: Let Me Agree With You, This Is About The Current Situation Of Nigeria. by Nobody: 8:53am On Jun 09, 2016
@ bashdemy ur post above me stinks of tribal sentiment. u must be a yorouba, i can swear with my life. when asiwaju case was in cct what was the response of yorouba folks then. today we have seen how saraki case is suspended. use your brain u so-called patriotic nigerian citizen
Re: Let Me Agree With You, This Is About The Current Situation Of Nigeria. by Avelo: 9:18am On Jun 09, 2016
attackgat:

Your problem is that you don't seem to realise that we are not in the dark ages any more. This 21st century. It is the age of self determination and awareness. It is not your business what people in the Niger-Delta do with their resources. It is not for you to question what they have done with their Oil money. It is their land and Oil, it was their land and Oil long before Lugard came to create Nigeria. And you are asking what they are fighting for when their resources have been stolen in the name of 'one Nigeria'? You cant go to another man's house, take what belongs to them and when they protest, you ask 'what are they fighting for?'. That's an insult.

As for Nnamdi Kanu, he is right in what is he doing. A person has a right to fight for their freedom. Even Mandela requested for guns to fight white minority rule in his own homeland and was jailed for it. Remember, the Nigeria you are talking about is just the artificial creation of the White man and an instrument of bondage.Igbos did not become part of Nigeria willingly, infact we fought the British not to be part of Nigeria. We later again fought Nigeria not to be part of Nigeria. In 2014, the same Britain that created Nigeria granted Scotland a referendum. Britain did not say "we must be one Britain!" Or call the Scots rebels. So as long as Nigeria refuses to listen to the request of the indigenous people of the land such as Igbos who were forced into the British contraption called Nigeria against their will to granted their freedom, you always have people like Kanu requesting for guns to fight for freedom. The time has come for everyone to decide who they are through a referendum.
. You should also add that scots had members in the british parliament while fighting for there independence, infact the prime mimister when the date of the referendum was agreed Gordon Brown is a scotsman
Re: Let Me Agree With You, This Is About The Current Situation Of Nigeria. by bashydemy(m): 10:29am On Jun 09, 2016
attackgat:

Please stop saying the oil belong to them how do you mean the oil belong to them? The oil belong to Nigeria since Niger Delta is part of Nigeria, before the discovery of oil what are we trading with? Cocoa, groundnut, yam etc and they use the same money generated from those stuffs to build their region or have you forgotten the formal capital of Nigeria is Calabar? At far as they are still in Nigeria the oil belong to nigeria and it just happen to be in that region.

About Biafra I said go and read about rebel and what they do to them, thank God you said Mandela was jail why? because he rebel against the then govt and he was in prison for about 27yrs before he was released. If the Biafra want to go, they don't need shouting up and down and clamoring for war, they can simply approach the UN with their demand instead chanting war every. Also how igbos are ready or support Biafra? Is t every igbos that support Kanu? Is yes then why are the contesting for a post in the Nigeria Government even Ojukwu the first Biafra leader later contest to be president in the same country he want to break out from isn't that a coward way? You have to stand for what you want if Kanu was over amnesty and some huge cash tomorrow with a position in the Govt he will shut his mouth or is it not a Igbo man that I know?

Again you said igbos ho against being with Nigeria even before independence I think you don't know what you are saying, who are the people tha fight for the independence? Is there no Igbo man among them? Who is the first President of Nigeria is he not an Igbo man? Who is the first Military ruler of Nigeria is he not an Igbo man? Please stop misleading the people who don't know about history please.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Let Me Agree With You, This Is About The Current Situation Of Nigeria. by bashydemy(m): 10:37am On Jun 09, 2016
ugohemma:
@ bashdemy ur post above me stinks of tribal sentiment. u must be a yorouba, i can swear with my life. when asiwaju case was in cct what was the response of yorouba folks then. today we have seen how saraki case is suspended. use your brain u so-called patriotic nigerian citizen
what makes my post stink to tribal? Just point out anything tribalistic in my post if not been honest?
Re: Let Me Agree With You, This Is About The Current Situation Of Nigeria. by bashydemy(m): 10:39am On Jun 09, 2016
Avelo:
. You should also add that scots had members in the british parliament while fighting for there independence, infact the prime mimister when the date of the referendum was agreed Gordon Brown is a scotsman
Hood observation, did the scots carried gun or chant for war? Did the scots go on air calling United Kingdom zoo?
Re: Let Me Agree With You, This Is About The Current Situation Of Nigeria. by attackgat: 12:39pm On Jun 09, 2016
bashydemy:
Please stop saying the oil belong to them how do you mean the oil belong to them? The oil belong to Nigeria since Niger Delta is part of Nigeria, before the discovery of oil what are we trading with? Cocoa, groundnut, yam etc and they use the same money generated from those stuffs to build their region or have you forgotten the formal capital of Nigeria is Calabar? At far as they are still in Nigeria the oil belong to nigeria and it just happen to be in that region.

About Biafra I said go and read about rebel and what they do to them, thank God you said Mandela was jail why? because he rebel against the then govt and he was in prison for about 27yrs before he was released. If the Biafra want to go, they don't need shouting up and down and clamoring for war, they can simply approach the UN with their demand instead chanting war every. Also how igbos are ready or support Biafra? Is t every igbos that support Kanu? Is yes then why are the contesting for a post in the Nigeria Government even Ojukwu the first Biafra leader later contest to be president in the same country he want to break out from isn't that a coward way? You have to stand for what you want if Kanu was over amnesty and some huge cash tomorrow with a position in the Govt he will shut his mouth or is it not a Igbo man that I know?

Again you said igbos ho against being with Nigeria even before independence I think you don't know what you are saying, who are the people tha fight for the independence? Is there no Igbo man among them? Who is the first President of Nigeria is he not an Igbo man? Who is the first Military ruler of Nigeria is he not an Igbo man? Please stop misleading the people who don't know about history please.

It is their land and Oil. It only becomes Nigerias Oil if the indigenous people who own their land gave up their sovereignty. Do you think Lugard sought the consent of those people before including them in Nigeria? How can you claim you have a country if nobody ever signed up for it? Nigeria is stealing the Oil wealth of these minorities because there was never an agreement by them to become Nigerians. If you want them to become Nigerians, offer them a referendum. Until then, 'Nigerians' are just trespassing on their lands. That's why they are fighting Nigeria. "Unity by force" will only bring armed conflict.

The same goes with Igbos. We never signed up to Nigeria either. We fought Lugard in the Ekumeku and Arochukwu wars. We wanted to be free. We fell to the superior firepower of Lord Lugard. But that does not make us Nigerians. Nigeria is a forced marriage of ethnic nationalities, it is no better than a prison. It is the right of the people to decide if they want to be part of Nigeria or not. If anyone wants to go, they should be allowed to go same way Britain gave Scotland the option of going. But if Nigeria insists on "we must remain one by force", how can you then expect peace or progress? At least now you know what the problem is.
Re: Let Me Agree With You, This Is About The Current Situation Of Nigeria. by bashydemy(m): 2:08pm On Jun 09, 2016
attackgat:

It is their land and Oil. It only becomes Nigerias Oil if the indigenous people who own their land gave up their sovereignty. Do you think Lugard sought the consent of those people before including them in Nigeria? How can you claim you have a country if nobody ever signed up for it? Nigeria is stealing the Oil wealth of these minorities because there was never an agreement by them to become Nigerians. If you want them to become Nigerians, offer them a referendum. Until then, 'Nigerians' are just trespassing on their lands. That's why they are fighting Nigeria. "Unity by force" will only bring armed conflict.

The same goes with Igbos. We never signed up to Nigeria either. We fought Lugard in the Ekumeku and Arochukwu wars. We wanted to be free. We fell to the superior firepower of Lord Lugard. But that does not make us Nigerians. Nigeria is a forced marriage of ethnic nationalities, it is no better than a prison. It is the right of the people to decide if they want to be part of Nigeria or not. If anyone wants to go, they should be allowed to go same way Britain gave Scotland the option of going. But if Nigeria insists on "we must remain one by force", how can you then expect peace or progress? At least now you know what the problem is.
You are still rambling, I ask you how long does it take Scotland to get referendum? Did they take up arms? Again you said Niger Delta do t want to be part of nigeria are you for real? I don't think you know anything about history of this country at all. Did you know who okotiebo is? Did he fight for Niger delta to go? I ask you again who is the first Nigeria president after independence? Is it not Nnamdi Azikwe why can't he declare the state of Biafra? How about aquiyi irons why can't he declare the state of Biafra? GEJ was there for 6yrs and no one raise and eyebrows why now? Stop reasoning with your anus. They are only being Aggressive cos their son lost an election and the normal amnesty stipend will stop. Like I said a good leaders don't negotiate with terrorists/militants. Did US negotiate with Al Qaeda? Are they negotiating with ISIS? Did they negotiate with the Resanance Army? All this are capital NO. So we don't negotiate with militants cos they will keep coming for. PMB should declare dull no total war on them the same way they did to the Boko haram. And again you claim it's their land and the oil belong to them under what law? Have you ever hear of acquisition land ? Those land belong to the Government why can't the people of that area claim it's their land and not that of the government? All those resources belong the Government and just happen to be in their region that's all. When they are using cocoa money to develop Calabar, Enugu or let me say the entire SS and SE nobody say anything. Again you as an Igbo is claiming Lagos is a no man land but claiming it's their land. Now is Lagos your land or the Yoruba land?

1 Like

Re: Let Me Agree With You, This Is About The Current Situation Of Nigeria. by attackgat: 2:13pm On Jun 09, 2016
bashydemy:
You are still rambling, I ask you how long does it take Scotland to get referendum? Did they take up arms? Again you said Niger Delta do t want to be part of nigeria are you for real? I don't think you know anything about history of this country at all. Did you know who okotiebo is? Did he fight for Niger delta to go? I ask you again who is the first Nigeria president after independence? Is it not Nnamdi Azikwe why can't he declare the state of Biafra? How about aquiyi irons why can't he declare the state of Biafra? GEJ was there for 6yrs and no one raise and eyebrows why now? Stop reasoning with your anus. They are only being Aggressive cos their son lost an election and the normal amnesty stipend will stop. Like I said a good leaders don't negotiate with terrorists/militants. Did US negotiate with Al Qaeda? Are they negotiating with ISIS? Did they negotiate with the Resanance Army? All this are capital NO. So we don't negotiate with militants cos they will keep coming for. PMB should declare dull no total war on them the same way they did to the Boko haram. And again you claim it's their land and the oil belong to them under what law? Have you ever hear of acquisition land ? Those land belong to the Government why can't the people of that area claim it's their land and not that of the government? All those resources belong the Government and just happen to be in their region that's all. When they are using cocoa money to develop Calabar, Enugu or let me say the entire SS and SE nobody say anything. Again you as an Igbo is claiming Lagos is a no man land but claiming it's their land. Now is Lagos your land or the Yoruba land?

The Bottomline is that if anyone says they don't want to be with you, then you have no business being with them. But if you say you must be with them, then expect trouble. Thats the way it has always been and will always be
Re: Let Me Agree With You, This Is About The Current Situation Of Nigeria. by bashydemy(m): 2:26pm On Jun 09, 2016
attackgat:

The Bottomline is that if anyone says they don't want to be with you, then you have no business being with them. But if you say you must be with them, then expect trouble. Thats the way it has always been and will always be
But they never say they don't want to be with Nigeria under GEJ why now? Kanu is only ranting on radio in UK but never comes into Nigeria until when Buhari comes to power what does that mean?
Re: Let Me Agree With You, This Is About The Current Situation Of Nigeria. by UrBaesBoo(m): 3:04pm On Jun 09, 2016
attackgat:

Ur logic was a tad double stardard....although I sympathize with the plight of d SE and SS...u shouldn't force one into a marriage. But bruh, during the cocoa and groundnut era, d relationship was sweet.

Grassroot leaders in this area are the real problems air, they embezzle funds and manipulate the youths(lazy parasitic ones mostly). Develop yourselves...with what u get so u dont don't make a case when the tap runs dry.

In any 'ideal' nation...just like Scotland was mentioned. There are far better ways of splitting or registering displeasure without causing drama and sabotaging governance.

I really wish we put sentimenents aside... The movement is politically motivated or a cry for free amnesty money.

#my2cents

(1) (Reply)

Amaka Anajemba Gets Political Appointment / Rivers Gov. Pays Nollywood Director For Fake Video Clips On Amaechi,rivers CP / Buhari Needs More Prayers, Dollar Will Hit N650 – TB Joshua Gives New Prophecies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 132
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.