Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,841 members, 7,810,245 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:06 AM

Civil Servants And Their Attitude To Work!!!! - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Civil Servants And Their Attitude To Work!!!! (11426 Views)

Benue, Kogi, Plateau Pay Civil Servants High Despite Poor Revenue / FG Slashes Civil Servants' Salaries Weeks Before Christmas Pix / FG Slashes November Salaries, Civil Servants Cry Out (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Civil Servants And Their Attitude To Work!!!! by ayosco2008(m): 9:12am On Jun 09, 2016
So I had my IT placement at ministry of energy in kwara state and all I can say is that I was so amazed at the attitude of the guys working at the ministry..

On my first day of resuming to work I was dere as early as 8am to my greatest surprise all offices were still closed.. I had to wait till around 10 before I could see the first worker coming in.. I later got to find out that was the normal time they come to work.. The interesting part is most of them come to work and all they do is talk and when is 2pm u see dem going home already... I kept asking myself that is this how lovely it is to work for the government?? But I got to find out that this guys add nothing to the value of the state and these same people will complain if their salary is delayed without adding any value to their place of work!!

Fast forward two years from that time I'm now a Corp member posted to Lagos and having my ppa at ministry of works in alausa ikeja.. Well the working condition here is a bit interesting. At least they come early to work... But one thing is still common to this civil servants.. "" Their attitude towards work"" We used 3 weeks to complete a registration we could have done just in 2 days!!

This attitude shown towards work by civil servants are one of the main reason why Nigeria is still so backward and under developed(my opinion though)

What do you guys think??

32 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Civil Servants And Their Attitude To Work!!!! by Nihilist: 6:39am On Jun 13, 2016
Well they're not paid well so....

I don't it's fair to expect commitment when salaries are regularly witheld for months on end.

Just realised that I am the FTC on a front page topic. I will like to shoutout to my Mummy and Daddy...and our choir master Mr Friday.

I also want to shoutout all the teachers that told me i'd never amount to nothing....to all the people that lived above the buildings that I was hustling in front of that called the police on me when I was just trying to make some money to feed my daughter....and to all the niggas in the struggle, you know what I'm saying?

It's all good baybay baybay grin

14 Likes

Re: Civil Servants And Their Attitude To Work!!!! by donbrowser(m): 6:39am On Jun 13, 2016
The reasons to their lackadical attitudes is not far-fetched
1. It could be due to lack of motivation and deprivation of incentives which could have boosted their morales to work.
2. Round peg in square hole: when a chemist is working as a secretary, you can't expect less.
3. Many of them are old, i have been to that Alausa before and you will imagine a woman using 20 minutes to type a paragraph simply because she reduces her DOB every year.
4. Some of them are suffering from psychological belief of "you can't kill yourself for government work".
If the government can motivate the workers and they refuse to change their attitudes, they should be reminded that many graduates are praying for them to get sacked!!!

**To the poster above me, who told you they don't get paid, Alausa is the best place to work in Nigeria after Aso Rock.
1. Job Security
2. Daily Tipping
What they earn daily from "tipping" and gifts everyday is far more than their salary.

I know of a "bros" in my area that goes to work in Alausa only on selected days that "tipping" is sure.**
Good morning NL.

16 Likes

Re: Civil Servants And Their Attitude To Work!!!! by macanu(m): 6:39am On Jun 13, 2016
ok
Re: Civil Servants And Their Attitude To Work!!!! by kimond101: 6:39am On Jun 13, 2016
I get your gist and I don't doubt you one bit.
Before you can change the condition of a specific people you have to change the condition of your own self.
Most Nigerian civil servants are lazy and that is confirmed. But it all falls back on which ministry/parastatal it is aswell as which state. The admin department of these ministries may even be too lazy to do their own work appropriately by giving queries to staff that err
And yet they all want increment in salary.
Re: Civil Servants And Their Attitude To Work!!!! by Nobody: 6:40am On Jun 13, 2016
the pay is too small grin grin
Re: Civil Servants And Their Attitude To Work!!!! by whalexyy(m): 6:41am On Jun 13, 2016
na enjoyment galore for u dia, are they gonna pay you?
Re: Civil Servants And Their Attitude To Work!!!! by Adesiji77: 6:41am On Jun 13, 2016
Hmm
Re: Civil Servants And Their Attitude To Work!!!! by Ebay14(m): 6:42am On Jun 13, 2016
Its der way
Re: Civil Servants And Their Attitude To Work!!!! by Aden777(m): 6:42am On Jun 13, 2016
U can not try that with a private company

2 Likes

Re: Civil Servants And Their Attitude To Work!!!! by Goldenheart(m): 6:42am On Jun 13, 2016
the whole system is bleeped up

3 Likes

Re: Civil Servants And Their Attitude To Work!!!! by Flexherbal(m): 6:43am On Jun 13, 2016
Don't they have supervisors?
Re: Civil Servants And Their Attitude To Work!!!! by drebaba1(m): 6:43am On Jun 13, 2016
Well it's the bane of civil service work in the country

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Civil Servants And Their Attitude To Work!!!! by Nobody: 6:43am On Jun 13, 2016
this is peculiar to all government own agency.. very lazy .

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Civil Servants And Their Attitude To Work!!!! by Damsonkc(m): 6:43am On Jun 13, 2016
No love for the fatherland that betrayed their dreams.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Civil Servants And Their Attitude To Work!!!! by Ezedon(m): 6:44am On Jun 13, 2016
Nigeria and their citizens full of indiscipline, anyway when in Rome you do like the Romans

1 Like

Re: Civil Servants And Their Attitude To Work!!!! by opius: 6:44am On Jun 13, 2016
Honestly OP u re right , it is worry some n if any govt is trying to correct this the next thing is strike claiming that they re been victimise , quiet unfortunate .

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Civil Servants And Their Attitude To Work!!!! by veight(m): 6:44am On Jun 13, 2016
Wat do expect......wen majority of dem civil servants are running thier trade or biz somewhere else......

They'll go in d morning and open shop.....leave the boy boy to sell market and den come back around 2 to do inventory.

2 Likes

Re: Civil Servants And Their Attitude To Work!!!! by Nobody: 6:45am On Jun 13, 2016
very lazy bunch.

I was at a local government for some stamp duties, the woman was chewing groundnut, told me to sit down, I realized there was another also waiting for her,
meanwhile she has to finish her groundnut before attending to us,
i was in a hurry so i stood again to explain that i was there just for one or two stamps, she said in quote "Oga wait now, there are people here before you"
speechless i was, but in my mind i was like -
WTF - if there were people here before me what are you still eating groundnuts for, get the fvck up and get to work!!

just like someone said, its a systematic syndrome here in nigeria. even in financial firms.
banks have to automate a machine-voice-messenger to tell you "welcome to ***Bank, or "thank you for banking with us"
because their human staff cant even smile at a customer let alone thanking you .... they frown face like say na you cause their life problems. cheesy

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Civil Servants And Their Attitude To Work!!!! by Elmans4you: 6:46am On Jun 13, 2016
It is a systematic syndrome, the system need a complete overhauling by the government.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Civil Servants And Their Attitude To Work!!!! by tsamson(m): 6:46am On Jun 13, 2016
smh
Re: Civil Servants And Their Attitude To Work!!!! by jesse515: 6:47am On Jun 13, 2016
Even d senate Dats wat de do, once Nigeria is federated, all des lazy folks including bubu will sit up

2 Likes

Re: Civil Servants And Their Attitude To Work!!!! by tuoyoojo(m): 6:47am On Jun 13, 2016
well wen I came into the civil service, I saw something like this but How ever I told myself I should be d change I want to see

well can make Nigeria better through our Decisions, one individual at a time
Re: Civil Servants And Their Attitude To Work!!!! by microgiant: 6:50am On Jun 13, 2016
True talk bro
Re: Civil Servants And Their Attitude To Work!!!! by abulqaqa(m): 6:51am On Jun 13, 2016
For all those that are shouting the pay is small or not regular. I think you guys dosnt experience the attitude of civil servants towards works in this country, both federal and state level. Is just too poor, always look for promotion, allowances but they will never change or promote the work. They are so lazy, competing among themselfs, and spend their time in pursuit of political offices. They are not innovative, they don't care to research and always blame FG.

11 Likes

Re: Civil Servants And Their Attitude To Work!!!! by Clarinett(m): 6:53am On Jun 13, 2016
To work is this kind of environment na to just kill dreams, you might think you are enjoying but on the long run, GOBE!

4 Likes

Re: Civil Servants And Their Attitude To Work!!!! by GoldenJAT(m): 6:56am On Jun 13, 2016
let's call a spade a spade!!! the civil servants in this country ain't trying at all... most at times.. they are there mostly due 2 duplication of offices... but it should be noted that those who still work... are working. and the bombshell.. they can GOSSIP 4 African.

5 Likes

Re: Civil Servants And Their Attitude To Work!!!! by Jay542(m): 6:57am On Jun 13, 2016
Solution: Fire like half of them. Employ new set. Give proper orientation. They will never behave like them.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Civil Servants And Their Attitude To Work!!!! by blayde(m): 7:05am On Jun 13, 2016
D ones that irk me the most are those non-Academic staffs at our federal universities. Imagine coming to work around 11am only to start discuss ingTelemundo when i needed 2 do my final clearance & get back to lagos ASAP. Worst they are very rude. And to think most of them used School certificate in getting d job..*yuck*

6 Likes

Re: Civil Servants And Their Attitude To Work!!!! by atirolu(m): 7:05am On Jun 13, 2016
No matter how much u pay nigerian govt workers their attitude remain the same to work pay them 1million per month same na ni

6 Likes

Re: Civil Servants And Their Attitude To Work!!!! by adaweezy(m): 7:06am On Jun 13, 2016
ayosco2008:
So I had my IT placement at ministry of energy in kwara state and all I can say is that I was so amazed at the attitude of the guys working at the ministry..

On my first day of resuming to work I was dere as early as 8am to my greatest surprise all offices were still closed.. I had to wait till around 10 before I could see the first worker coming in.. I later got to find out that was the normal time they come to work.. The interesting part is most of them come to work and all they do is talk and when is 2pm u see dem going home already... I kept asking myself that is this how lovely it is to work for the government?? But I got to find out that this guys add nothing to the value of the state and these same people will complain if their salary is delayed without adding any value to their place of work!!

Fast forward two years from that time I'm now a Corp member posted to Lagos and having my ppa at ministry of works in alausa ikeja.. Well the working condition here is a bit interesting. At least they come early to work... But one thing is still common to this civil servants.. "" Their attitude towards work"" We used 3 weeks to complete a registration we could have done just in 2 days!!

This attitude shown towards work by civil servants are one of the main reason why Nigeria is still so backward and under developed(my opinion though)

What do you guys think??

Am at the ministry of justice Alausa and they are quite efficient... I was actually surprised smiley

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Justice Akon Ikpeme Confirmed As Chief Judge Of Cross River State / What Is The Job Description Of A Compliance Officer In A Bank? / Should I Further My Education Or Learn A Skill To Help My Family?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.