Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,820 members, 7,824,412 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 09:45 AM

Civil Servants And Their Attitude To Work!!!! - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Civil Servants And Their Attitude To Work!!!! (11467 Views)

Benue, Kogi, Plateau Pay Civil Servants High Despite Poor Revenue / FG Slashes Civil Servants' Salaries Weeks Before Christmas Pix / FG Slashes November Salaries, Civil Servants Cry Out (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Civil Servants And Their Attitude To Work!!!! by Ademat7(m): 4:43pm On Jun 13, 2016
I've read all post and my conclusion is
**let all ministry department and agency be run like a business where No profit No pay and let there be an independent customer care Center for each ministry.
Signed
ADEMAT
Re: Civil Servants And Their Attitude To Work!!!! by Bollove: 5:20pm On Jun 13, 2016
ayosco2008

what do you expect in Ministry of Energy of Kwara state.....

Which energy is Kwara state producing ?

Let me give u insight into what is happening .....

The political class always involve themselves in shady deals in collaboration with top hierarchy of civil servants such as permsecs and some directors thus in order to cover their track and secrets , they usually determine the calibre of work/schedule some cadre will see or won't see .......

If the PermSec or Director doesn't pass the responsibility down, how will you do Ur job ?
If responsibility that should ordinarily evolve from your office now suddenly evolve and concluded in the office of a director/Permsecs , who are you to raise alarm.

Civil Service has been cabalised, if you dont belong, you ain't seeing nothing.....

Another scenario is, political office holders usually compensate their political affiliations with slots/jobs in civil service thus we have overpopulation inclusive of ghost workers through shady deals of some top brass in civil service thus poor salary and lack of motivation.

The political office holders destroyed the civil service and they know it thus they don't ask for accountability from civil servants , unless the political office holders are accountableand transparent, civil servants will remain docile.

I learnt everything accounting in UITH Ilorin, account department .....

when I joined this present office (state civil service), I came as early as 8am, only for me to sit at the gate till 11am before the office was opened .... yes, I mean secretary's office .....

I have IT students who only buy food for the office or go to bank .... you dare not teach them a thing cuz Oga kpatakpata doesn't want IT student to know what goes in or out .....

There are other offices that even Director is doing siddon dey look, because , political office holders and their boys from outside in the name of PAs have hijacked his work .... all he do is sign .....

so most of these states and Federal MDAs, don't just judge the civil servants, you have to really look inwardly and you will discover that, these civil servants are just rendered redundant ....... some of them have lost even professionalism but just gossiping for 3 hours'... 11am-2pm and Pam, they are off to home.

blame the politicians not civil servants .....

1 Like

Re: Civil Servants And Their Attitude To Work!!!! by vickylala239: 6:20pm On Jun 15, 2016
ayosco2008:

My dear. I don't think the problem is d pay.. The fact is that in any job u do, u are paid according to what u can deliver.. When u r fully skilled up.. You gonna dictate your pay..

This so called civil servants Will serve for 20 years and won't even pick up the smallest of skills.. And u expect them to be paid big. That's not possible..

Please can you tell me the skill you feel a civil servant shuld pick...

Incase you Dnt know in civil service if u like work like horse wen your promotion is not due your wasting your time....

There is nothing like performance appraisal...

Ask yourself are they paid well and the fail to deliver....

If you are a graduate and you are paid Lik 50k a month as a civil servant, how can that amount plan you future....

Hv u Eva ask yourself WHY Mst of them are corrupt?

do are minister and Senator, work from 8am to 4pm....or cn they Evn stay in chamber from 8am to 4pm?.....Hv u Eva ask yourself WHY Dey cn kill to get There.....

Let's be truthful to ourselves... this Ppl are highly poorly paid hence their attitude n behaviour to work...

Take a walk to most govt working premises, check out the kind of cars park There,if not all this 1854 model cars...some no cars all....the take a walk to banks and see the difference....

See and average Nigerian can work from 8am to 6pm provided the pay is right..

You Dnt expect me to rush to office wen u pay me 30k a month,wen I knw it can't do anything for me...I rather do another thing to help my income,hence my lateness n early to close from work.

Hv u Eva ask yourself Wat do a cab drive take home daily in Lagos,u culd see Hw they rush Cuz they are seeing the money
Re: Civil Servants And Their Attitude To Work!!!! by ayosco2008(m): 6:04pm On Jun 16, 2016
vickylala239:

Please can you tell me the skill you feel a civil servant shuld pick...

Incase you Dnt know in civil service if u like work like horse wen your promotion is not due your wasting your time....

There is nothing like performance appraisal...

Ask yourself are they paid well and the fail to deliver....

If you are a graduate and you are paid Lik 50k a month as a civil servant, how can that amount plan you future....

Hv u Eva ask yourself WHY Mst of them are corrupt?

do are minister and Senator, work from 8am to 4pm....or cn they Evn stay in chamber from 8am to 4pm?.....Hv u Eva ask yourself WHY Dey cn kill to get There.....

Let's be truthful to ourselves... this Ppl are highly poorly paid hence their attitude n behaviour to work...

Take a walk to most govt working premises, check out the kind of cars park There,if not all this 1854 model cars...some no cars all....the take a walk to banks and see the difference....

See and average Nigerian can work from 8am to 6pm provided the pay is right..

You Dnt expect me to rush to office wen u pay me 30k a month,wen I knw it can't do anything for me...I rather do another thing to help my income,hence my lateness n early to close from work.

Hv u Eva ask yourself Wat do a cab drive take home daily in Lagos,u culd see Hw they rush Cuz they are seeing the money

U made some good points dear. But I still stand on d fact that no matter the pay, a worker should give his all in his or her duties..

All in all let's keep praying and keep working for a better Nigeria

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How To Approach Your Boss For A Raise (Salary) / Pensioners Protest In Osogbo, Demand Payment Of Arrears [see Photos & Video] / Delayed Payment Of Gratuity: What Does The Law Say?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.